Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your favorite type of gemstone?

Zygen

(edited)

Yeah, its what the Crystal Skull in Indiana Jones is made from i believe, its sort of transparent until there is a lot of it then it gets darker, as you can see in that skull picture i posted, the jaw is transparent because it is thin but the rest of the skull is smokey because it is thicker. 

The main difference between that skull and the one in Indiana Jones is that the skull i posted didn't ruin a great movie franchise.  :umad:

Looks like it. And yeah i see that, looks cool :D.

Haha, yeah i've only watched like two of the Indiana Jones movies actually, but It certainly wasn't the best of the movie series.

And the majority of people I know feel the same :P.

Edited by Zygen
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not 100% sure it's my favourite one, but I really love amethysts. They're so dark purple and mysterious... xD

Is there a pink gemstone? There must be...

• Brohoof 1

I'm not totally sure, i was kinda asking you xD. I'm not really an expert on gemstones, i just felt like starting a thread about them because they're pretty :D.

Haha, yeah, me neither xD.

Ahaha, well I googled it (lol, original right?) and it says that blue diamonds are very rare but can indeed be a natural blue. Huh.

post-11173-0-20610800-1377566341_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

I love both Fire Opals and Emeralds.  I have a ring with a green fire opal on it, sadly it's too big for my fingers anymore :( ...  I just like emeralds because they're green.  I know it's not much of a reason but I like green...

136347%20-%20animated%20awkward%20rarity

Green fire opal

AAAADHHF6OYAAAAAADXmCA.jpg?v=12354609770

Emerald

loose-emeralds.jpg

• Brohoof 3

I'm not 100% sure it's my favourite one, but I really love amethysts. They're so dark purple and mysterious... xD

Is there a pink gemstone? There must be...

There is, i think theres pink diamonds possibly to. Not sure.

I forget what pink gemstones there are though.

Ahaha, well I googled it (lol, original right?) and it says that blue diamonds are very rare but can indeed be a natural blue. Huh.

attachicon.gifThe More You Know Meme.png

Hm, thats cool :D.

Yeah the more you know, i learn alot in my spare time being bored xD.

I love both Fire Opals and Emeralds.  I have a ring with a green fire opal on it, sadly it's too big for my fingers anymore :( ...  I just like emeralds because they're green.  I know it's not much of a reason but I like green...

img-1786065-1-136347%20-%20animated%20aw

Green fire opal

img-1786065-2-AAAADHHF6OYAAAAAADXmCA.jpg

Emerald

img-1786065-3-loose-emeralds.jpg

Thats a pretty opal :D.

And don't worry i like emerald mostly because of it being green :P. I love green its my favorite color(If it isn't obvious enough yet.)

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

My favorite gemstone would probably be an emerald since green is my favorite color. My birthstone is blue but I don't have to make that my favorite now do I? :D

*looks up*

I wouldn't say it's my all-time-I-love-this-gemstone favorite, but I like how the opal isn't just a blue or purple, but it also has hints of other colors :).

It's usually blue, right :wacko:?

Edited by SparkWolf

Gotta pick emeralds as my favorite since I love green objects. :)

I also like Onyx, though that might be because it reminds me of the Pokemon. :huh:

onyx-stone.jpg

I also want to mention Citrine Topaz, my birthstone. :D

146541358368795.jpg

Hey y'all! Just was wondering as the random idea came to mind for this to be a topic, but whats everyones favorite gemstone?

I would make a poll for this, but there is a lot of different gemstones, some i'm sure i have never heard of before.

So i think i'll refrain from making a poll, as it might take up like.. alot of space :P.

So anyways, my favorite gemstone is probably emerald.

img-1782809-1-363Copy_zps020e9ad6.jpg

I just like the color, its a really nice shade of green, and green being my favorite color i just love how emerald looks.

Its just shiny and stuff, and I like it :P

So what about y'all? Whats your favorite gemstone? And why?

Moonstone1.jpg

It looks good and it has ties to the moon.

My all time favorite gemstone has to be sapphire. I just love that blue color. So pretty! I may be a bit biased tough, since blue is my favorite color.

I also like ruby, emerald (Thus completing the Pokémon trio) and onyx.

I also like black diamonds, even tough they're not natural.

I'd say lapis-lazuli. It's a beautiful blue:

lapis-lazuli.jpg

Also, I'm surprised no one has said black diamond. They don't look as good in photos, because you can't really see how they sparkle. But it's just curious seeing a thing so black reflecting so much light.

Magnum-Opus-black-diamond.jpg

• 4 years later...

My own birthstone, Amethyst, has always been my favorite. 

41cZvELbMsL.jpg.3757aeabd42f0dd30b5ed618d1c49d6c.jpg

But I also love rose quartz and aquamarine. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt

Related image

Rubies are my favorite. They're so bright and beautiful! My birthstone is Emerald but I still prefer Rubies. And I'm fond of Amethyst because a little girl gave me one as a tip once and so it has personal importance.

• 1 month later...