Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 3. Yes or No?

Frazor

So, i just finished watching season 2, and i have this funny feeling. Not funny ha ha, but the other kind of funny. I mean, i just cannot and cannot decide to watch season 3, minding season 4 is coming out soon. I know twilight becomes and alicorn in season 3, and this makes it even more complicated. I just dont know if i should. And the biggest reason is, I dont know where. :okiedokielokie:

It would be really great if you could tell me if its worth watching season 3. And if you could give me some site, or something to watch it  :( , on yt, everything has been removed because of copyright. Sadly. >_>

Well, personally, I think it's worth watching. It has some great episodes(some best in the series, in my opinion), great songs, and there are a few things that happen besides Twilicorn that you may want to know about. Besides, it's not even that long of a season, so watching the whole thing shouldn't even take that long.

As for where to watch it, try Dailymotion. The episodes are still there.

• Brohoof 6

You could give Season 3 a shot, it has been criticized for having some bad episodes and every season has their share of good and bad episodes. So don't let the criticism stop you from watching it.

• Brohoof 3

I would say that you should watch season 3. can't really think of a coherent reason other than its more ponies or that I think that that most of the songs in the finale are really good.

unfortunately I can't think of any site that still has the episodes =/

• Brohoof 1

There are quite a few good episodes in season 3, so it may be worth you watching. Those like "Sleepless in Ponyville" and "Babs Seed" and "Wonderbolt Academy" are personal favourites, but they've received good things from a lot of people too. I think, to fully anticipate season 4's much-anticipated arrival, it'd be nice to watch season 3. :)

Also, I know of no sites as I watched them on Youtube before the whole mess and everything... but I'm sure that if you just type into Google to "watch season 3 of MLP" something's gonna come up. Sorry this isn't the most useful source by any means, haha. 

• Brohoof 2

I would recommend season 3. While it wasn't as great as the first two (In my opinion), and it only had half the amount of episodes, it was still a good season with some a few good episodes.

However, I don't know where to find them. You could probably find them for download on some sites, but I don't know which ones.

• Brohoof 1

Yes you should, there are a lot of things I enjoyed in Season 3 that I think were better than in S2. Wonderbolts Academy, Sleepless in Ponyville, and Too Many Pinkie Pies are among my favorite episodes in the show, Apple Family Reunion is terribly underrated, Keep Calm and Flutter On was one of the pest portrayals of Fluttershy imo, and I liked how Spike saved the day in Crystal Empire(and to be honest, I enjoyed Spike at Your Service, despite blatant issues). The only episode I didn't care for in S3 was Magic Duel(ironically, it's probably the most popular episode in S3). Really Season 3's only issue is that there are no Rarity episodes

Edited by Megas75

I didn't really enjoy the beginning or ending of Season 3, but the middle was fantastic. Wonderbolts Academy and Sleepless in Ponyville in particular are two of my favorite episodes in the show. I think it's definitely worth checking out, when you can.

Sorry, but I won't be of much help in knowing where to watch it :blush:

• Brohoof 2

i loved season 3, personally. not to spoil too much, but pinkie pie had definite character development and fluttershy proved everypony else of the mane 6 wrong. applejack and rainbow dash each learned valuable lessons as well, focusing on what is truly important. this and much more are what you can expect when watching season 3.

• Brohoof 1

I don't see why you shouldn't. It's another season of the show, and it is pretty good anyway.

Besides, stuff was revealed in season 3 that could make an appearance or become a recurring element in season 4, so it would be a good idea to watch season 3.

Edited by Mars Brownie

Sure it's not bad or anything give it a watch. You still have 2 months so there's no hurry.

As for where to watch it I usually watch it on Dailymotion. You have to look for it but last time I checked it was still there (I haven't had Internet at my house for about a week so I haven't checked in a little while) if you look hard enough you might be able to find it on YT but their kinda paranoid about copyright so good luck with that.

Don't let Twilicorn stop you. Season 3 is excellent. The only drawback is that there is no Rarity-centric episode, but everything else is great. There's 2-3 weaker episodes toward the end of the season, but the majority of the episodes are top notch quality. Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash all had very strong showings, Scootaloo received one of the best episodes in the series, the Twilight and Trixie rivalry returns in a much better showing  than last time, and the Cutie Mark Crusaders star in one of their best episodes yet. If you enjoyed season 2, then you owe it to yourself to give season 3 a try. I personally thought season 3's quality was more consistent than season 2's, but that's probably because of the shorter length.

You could try searching for the episodes on YouTube. I'm sure you can find all of the episodes in some form. I know I've looked recently, and I'm 99% sure that all of season 3 is available. Just type in the name of the episode in the search bar, click on one that looks right, and voila. ;)

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 2

It's generally worth watching.

Despite it being the shortest season in the series, the least amount of potential and songs, it's still a very good season that I think gets too much hate because of twilicorn.

There are many great moments such as the crystal empire premiere, to the reveal of a new CMC babs seed, to the loving sister bond of scootaloo and rainbow dash, to the musical finale!

It's worth watching, don't let others tell you it's not good.

Season 3 was great, and the Twilight Alicorn episode had some good songs in it and there's my favorite episode Sleepless in Ponyville(I'm sure a lot of other peoples favorites as well) you'll hit yourself if you skip the season even if it is a short one. just from what I seen on youtube looks like most are up if not all

Not sure why you think you should avoid it altogether. Is it as good as seasons 1 or 2? Definitely not. But does it still have entertainment value? Yes it does. And I;m saying that while the season contains two of my *least* favorite developments in the series so far. It has several weak episodes, but also 7 or 8 good ones. For instance, it has the best Spike and Rainbow Dash episodes in the series (Then it also has one of Spike's *worst* episodes in the series...)

I mean, what would you get out of *not* watching it?

• Brohoof 4

It's worth it, but yet again: THE WHOLE SHOW IS WORTH IT!

Season 3 I personally thought was the worst season, because it was shortened and its pilot and finale had too many musicals to develop a more decent plotline.

It's a decent season, probably a little better then season 1.  You should definitely watch it.   The songs were very memorable, and their were some very good episodes.  Some were bad, but there were a lot that were good.

Dunno why you would avoid Season 3. Yeah, it has half the amount of episodes than season 1&2, and have the controversial "Twilight Alicorn" discussion to it, but it's not bad. It has its good moments like the other seasons and IMO it had some of the best episodes.

Give the season a shot; there's no point in trying to avoid it when you'll end up watching it eventually. 

• Brohoof 1

I think you should watch it for a few reasons.

1. It'll give you some familiarity for what you saw in seasons one and two, and it may give you some clues for what may happen come next season.
  2. Some episodes are major hits in high quality. If you want the recommendations, they're Magic Duel, Sleepless in Ponyville, Wonderbolts Academy, and Apple Family Reunion. All four are factually good episodes and are easily considered to be the highlights. Sleepless in Ponyville, for one, is the best episode last season and can easily be argued as one of the best in the series so far.
  3. You'll understand better of the quality fluctuations compared to seasons one and two. One very common flaw is how several episodes were unable to pace itself fluently in many pockets, either because it's slow or because it's too fast, the latter the primary complaint. Keep Calm and Flutter On and Magical Mystery Cure are notorious, even by their supporters, for cramming too much implausibly, rushing from Point A to Z with a wild, rushed sprint compared to Twilight's relaxed pace similar to Fall Weather Friends. The manuscripts in the MLP:FIM wiki can give you a very good clue on the quality of the executions altogether if you read 'em aloud, but the episodes show you better.
  4. Rainbow Dash was a gigantic highlight and is one of the few things season three did better than season two. In the first half, Dash had inconsistent characterization. Except Games Ponies Play, Dash was excellent, mainly in these two: Sleepless in Ponyville and Wonderbolts Academy. Watch them and see Dash's characterization in its fullest glory there.

If you want to see season three's thirteen episodes, a user on a smaller video-uploading site, Dailymotion, uploaded them here.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 1

Sure you should watch it. Personally I think it was the weakest season, but ultimately the good outweighed the bad. The season premiere had a lot of neat tricks and foreshadowing but was lacking in real emotional impact; one of the Spike episodes was a misfire, and I wasn't a fan of the finale. But on the other hand Sleepless in Ponyville was unforgettable, Meriweather redeemed herself quite a bit with Wonderbolts Academy, and I thought the Discord/Fluttershy episode was a winner.

Edited by TailsIsNotAlone