Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Favorite racing video game series?

~Silver Essence~

Not into much of anything aside from Mario Kart. Regular racing games are pretty dull to me.

I suppose there is the Burnout series, but I don't really think that series is too much about racing. It's more about crashing. Especially in the third game (which is the most recent I have played), where you can't win by actually regular racing, because it's a rubberband A.I.

• Brohoof 1

I'd have to say WipeOut. It feels more in your in your face and skill based than other racers like GT, Mario Kart, Forza and F1. It's a shame there might not be another one, after Sony closed Liverpool Studio.

• Brohoof 1

Driver: San Francisco. Okay, it's mostly just a driving game, but you do race at multiple points. It's one of the most imaginative games I've played; you play as an agent that can inhabit the bodies of other drivers on the street at will, taking control of their car. You instantly receive the POV of that car and drive it around, listening to funny situations that he might have with family members who are also in the car; they get really creative.

It's also really fun because if you ever get a mission to catch a criminal, you can leap to take control of a car further up the street which can then drive straight in front of the escaping car to make it crash. It encourages you to be intuitive with the gift you're given. I really love it :) People say it's a step down from previous Driver titles, but I emphatically disagree.

For games that are purely racing, yeah, Mario Kart's a given. I must say, though, I was kinda disappointed with Mario Kart 7 and their elastic AI (which means no matter how far ahead you go, no matter your driving skill, they'll always remain an allotted distance behind you). I love the new leaf item in Mario Kart 7 though, it's tons of fun and requires accuracy to pull off... when you knock someone down with it you just wanna shout "Yeah, serves you right for coming near my kart! >:3"

For me, no racing franchise can beat the Mario Kart series.  I have every Mario Kart game except for Super Mario Kart for some odd reason, and Mario Kart 64 was the very first racing game I've ever played way back when I was 5 years old.  Now I'm 19 as of this post and will be getting Mario Kart 8 as soon as it comes out.

My favorite? Racing is indeed one of my favorite Genre too aside from FPS.

Best: Forza Motorsport (love the rewind feature)

2nd: Real Racing ( Go racing in the ios )

I played other racing games aside from not being mentioned on the list because, It's too many

I'd have to say WipeOut. It feels more in your in your face and skill based than other racers like GT, Mario Kart, Forza and F1. It's a shame there might not be another one, after Sony closed Liverpool Studio.

Finally, someone who hasn't said mario kart, but Wipeout!

Glad to see another fan, it is sad that the series is done for with the company shut down and all.

Even though, wipeout will be the best racing game ever to me. X)

I'm not a massive racing game player but I'll delve into them now and again especially when it's at an arcade. As a fan of Formula One I quite enjoy playing those games and actually they're quite good. They're not exactly innovative but the career mode is quite fun and the actually driving mechanics are solid and feel good. I also used to play a ton of Wipeout on the Playstation and some F-Zero on the SNES.

Well,for me it would be ATV Offroad Fury.

252px-ATV_Offroad_Fury_Coverart.png

ATV_Offroad_Fury_2_Ps2.jpg

PS2_ATV_OFFROAD_FURY_3.jpg

252px-ATV_Offroad_Fury_4_Coverart.jpg

It had great music,challenging courses,and fun gameplay!

Definitely a "must play" game series.

You will not be disappointed.

• Brohoof 1

F-Zero GX- fast, violent, and hard as balls. Too bad there probably won't ever be another game like it, even if Nintendo does end up making another F-Zero I doubt the challenge will be as balls-to-the-wall as GX is.

I also quite like Mario Kart, and Need for Speed is okay.

I can't think of another racing game better than Mario Kart 64, that game just gets better every time I play it with friends,Diddy Kong Racing and Crash Team Racing were pretty good as well but no where as good as Mario Kart 64.

and If had choose a second favorite it would have to be Mario Kart Double  Dash.

Edited by 8bitBrony

Mario Kart. It's my all time favorite racing game series. Very fun to pick up and play, no matter how old you are. My favorite Mario Kart game will always be Double Dash. It's really fun to have characters with their own special items, two characters in one kart, and a good selection of karts. It also gets very intense on Mirror Mode on All Cup Tour. Oh sweet heavens. Toughest races in my life. :o

Depends on what I'm looking for.

For a kart racing game or something of the sort, I always loved the Sonic Riders series. It was an interesting spin on kart racing that I loved to play.

For a car racing game with more arcady physics, I always liked either the DiRT series, or the GRID series. Always some fun games.

For a simulator, probably Forza Motorsports 4.

My favorite racing game is Gran Turismo 3.  The graphics and controls are just amazing.  The music is terrible, so I listen to my own music and it makes the experience more immersive.

I also like Mario Kart DS, Need For Speed Underground, Burnout 3, and F-Zero GX.

I want to try Forza Motorsport, but I don't own an Xbox 360 and the only other game on that system that looks appealing to me is Lost Odyssey.

Edited by Dr. Eggnog

My favorite racing games from the series are:

Gran Turismo - The first racing game I grew up with back in 1998, and I loved the models of the cars, including the songs and the race tracks (my faves such as SSR5, High Speed Ring, and Grand Valley Speedway). The intros were very great which made my adrenaline pumped up for races, ESPECIALLY with the custom soundtrack feature that was added for Gran Turismo PSP and Gran Turismo 5 so that I would race while listening to MLP songs. And I'm gonna look forward for Gran Turismo 6, I hope. :wub:

Burnout - Loved the series, mainly from the crashes and such, even taking down other rivals just to see epic crashes.I still have my first Burnout game which is about 12 years old and still works (same applies for Burnout 2). I love Burnout paradise, even though I lost interest of it (though I'll have to consider buying it again), 'cause of the realistic damage model and performing stunts. :D

MotorStorm - Just like from Burnout, except off-road, same rule applies by ramming other racers off the road. Even though Apocalypse is a good game because of its customization feature, Pacific Rift is my actual favorite because of the brutal races I can create and such.

Need for Speed - Although not entirely my favorite, my faves are the remakes of Most Wanted and Hot Pursuit, thanks to the custom soundtrack feature and having to beat my friends' times from different events. :P I seriously hope Rivals will have the manual transmission option. The lack of an MT feature makes me feel more like an amateur racer than a professional racer.  >_>

Edited by Heavyshy

• 1 year later...

Speed is where it's at for me, and racing video games are my favorite genre in video game because of it.

The sense of adrenaline, skill, and speed in those video games never cease to amaze me.

I'm curious, which is your favorite racing video game series?

For me, without a doubt the WIpeout series, no not that lame and stupid game show, the kick ass fast future like racing video game where you control ships of the future with weapons and gravity mechanics!

img-1814073-1-Wipeout-17.jpg

It's so fast, so difficult, and so insane, that I only recommend this to the hardcore gamers with extreme skill if you want to master this game.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE WIPEOUT!!! The other franchises I like are Ridge Racer, Sega Rally, Daytona USA, Forza Motorsport and all of the Codemasters games. I Also like F-Zero. The games are awesome. I just wish Sega and Namco could remake them  :(