Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your least favorite thing about MLP?

FNGRpony

Remember on the show, show.

Canon stuff from the source.

I'm not a big fan of singing, and I have found the way around this. I've watched j pony responses and the songs are alot more tolerable to me when there in Japanese. 

but that's a pretty easy fix lol.  (like skipping the intro lol).

what if anything makes you cringe show related?

Probably my least favorite thing about MLP is how they discard villains so easily. King Sombra had HUGE potential but was snubbed. Trixie and Gilda were alright. The show needs more Discord though.

• Brohoof 6

Probably my least favorite thing about MLP is how they discard villains so easily. King Sombra had HUGE potential but was snubbed. Trixie and Gilda were alright. The show needs more Discord though.

heh, I think we have a winner.  I hope we don't ever get those two cider ponies back LOL. 

I wonder if the writers wind up doing a two part episode on a villain and just go "I can't stand them anymore."

That might be an inherent problem with the show. It has to be cute and funny because its target audience is, ostensibly, young girls. But characters like the changlings and Sombra give the show action and adventure elements. The ponies actually fought the changlings, which was fairly violent considering how episodes usually go. I would love to see longer story arcs, grittier stories, and more action. But I doubt we will ever see that. A spinoff would be cool. I would love to see an epic adventures series set in MLP world.

We need more Discord! :umad: I hope they don't screw up his reformation :(

But definitely a villain like Sombra was really cool and had alot of potential but they didn't elaborate on him enough or his backstory. I just feel that these major villains except Nightmare Moon pop out of nowhere and the writers never give them a backstory. I mean it would have been nice to learn how Discord even took over Equestria or if he's the last of his kind.

I never liked the singing parts of the show. It's just I'm not a fan of shows that have to add random singing in their episodes for whatever dumb reason, especially if it is used just to fill for time. Disney does that all the time and I hate their movies because of it. Luckily, since I watch the episodes on YouTube. I can just skip all the singing and get right to the meat and potatoes of the episode.

• Brohoof 1

I dunno, on one hand I sure do want to see Gilda, Sunset Shimmer and Iron Will back, on the other I don't think I can stomach another Flim Flam Bros song or more of those Teenage Dragon antics

One thing I dislike about the show was how Hearth's Warming Eve was handled, for me it felt like it raised a lot more questions than it answered

I really don't like how it's a show that was initially made to sell toys, and how it's the toys that influence the show, instead of the show that has an influence on the toys.

Like, it's obvious that Twilicorn, Princess Cadence and Equestria Girls were introduced purely to sell toys.

• Brohoof 3

Broseph pretty much hit the nail on the head for me.

Also it seems like the specials are gradually getting less good. Crystal Empire was kinda meh, and i didn't like MMC.

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 1

Guest DJ Hydrolicious

Probably equestria girls. It just doesn't seem right seeing purple, blue, red, orange, green, etc... humans. Its just not right at all. :\

We need more Discord! :umad: I hope they don't screw up his reformation :(

But definitely a villain like Sombra was really cool and had alot of potential but they didn't elaborate on him enough or his backstory. I just feel that these major villains except Nightmare Moon pop out of nowhere and the writers never give them a backstory. I mean it would have been nice to learn how Discord even took over Equestria or if he's the last of his kind.

People say that Sombra had no background but aside from NMM no villain has a background. Heck he has more background than Queen Chrysalis and yet everyone seems to be blindly biased. Its not his fault hes not a woobie villain

Guest DJ Hydrolicious

The predictable plots in a lot of episodes. Sure, its a show for children (target audience) but still, not an excuse to make stories copied from other shows.

Well, thats not been happening until recent episodes (Yes, I'm looking at you season 3) But honestly I have to agree with you on this partially.

I guess that my least favorite part of the show is the lack of original character ideas that are on. This could apply to many other cartoons as well. I know that it is pretty difficult to make an original character, but we've seen cocky characters a thousand times already.

My true LEAST favourite thing in MLP is The Mare Do Well and Boast Busters. Those two episodes I cant have myself rewatch because of how bad they were. Well except for the trixie parts in boast busters. It shows the ponies as extrimists

I don't like it when the show gets too over the top and silly.  I like the sweeter, toned down elements, slice of life stuff, and adventure elements.  Sometimes the show makes me laugh too, but not when it's something too cartoony and crazy, or when the characters' reactions seem way too extreme (I'm one of the very few who didn't like Lesson Zero).

I don't like it when the show gets too over the top and silly. I like the sweeter, toned down elements, slice of life stuff, and adventure elements. Sometimes the show makes me laugh too, but not when it's someqthing too cartoony and crazy, or when the characters' reactions seem way too extreme (I'm one of the very few who didn't like Lesson Zero).

Everyone knows its Bendy shows that even Cartoons have limits on what is cheesy and what is comedy,

The only episodes in MLP that were like that are the mare do well and Boast Busters

Edited by What

Hmm... Well, this is a tough one. I'm one of the few who really enjoys the intro, every musical number is awesome to me, the plotlines are almost all fun, and every single character in the show is appealing in their own- OH WAIT A MINUTE.

... Diamond Tiara is one of my only complaints with the show. I understand she's supposed to be the school bully and thus they don't necessarily need to show a softer side of her but come ON. Bronies say that she's just a kid and shouldn't be hated as she is. If the show didn't put so much effort into making us hate her, I'd agree. I mean, they gave her NO likeable traits. Not even a likeable moment! She has had NO characterization outside of a one-dimensional character, and she's just designed to be a bland, no-layered character. She's a terrible antagonist, and I'm honestly ashamed of her existence.

• Brohoof 2

Probably the over pandering to brony audiences, like with Derpy Hooves speaking and the like. Not that shout-outs are bad, just...when they did it, it was awful and just ended up a huge ruckus. And honestly I rather liked it when there were more subtle hello's to the fandom before that.

(And King Sombra. Guhhh his character design was just terrible.)

• Brohoof 4

(And King Sombra. Guhhh his character design was just terrible.)

Akatsuki.jpg

Top lol, when anime characters get over the top designs no one complains but when a westren character gets one he is a bad OC. Love this double standards

• Brohoof 1

Akatsuki.jpg

Top lol, when anime characters get over the top designs no one complains but when a westren character gets one he is a bad OC. Love this double standards

Well...yes, it would be a double standard if I was also praising anime for its fantastic character designs in my comment, which I wasn't doing. 

His color scheme was just bad. And with some tweaking, even just color-wise, he would be a lot more tolerable. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. /shrug

My least favorite thing of the show has to be the inconsistency of the writing of the show, most notably on season 3.

You see, in season 1 and 2, the writers took focus on each other to work together, but in season 3, because they worked individually through story telling, many of the characters had different personalities or concepts like fluttershy being to shy despite her improving in  previous episodes.