Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you could add a mythical creature or pony to the show what would it be?

dinomaster626

If you could add a mythical creature to the show what would it be?

I would add cyclops it would be on top of a mountain or forest

Cyclops2.pngIf you add a reply please post a picture of the creature you want so we know what it looks likesmile.png

I would add the Hydra if I could but just because I am really interested in sea monsters and this one is one of my favorites. I have no idea what the show could use it for though XD.

640x484_450_Hydra_vs_Monk_2d_creature_hy

Imagine being hunted by this thing on the sea. That is one terrifying thought.

Edited by Armchair Adventurer
  • Brohoof 2

What I would add, fitting in with the current setting, or are we talking complete flight of fancy here with no limits?

The Hippocampus, is a pretty standard one. What you would probably call a sea pony.

I'd be curious to see a Hippogriff, especially if it's a child of a griffon and a pony. Just to throw cross-breeding in to the milieu.

But honestly, I'd like to see one of the many variants of the Kelpie that exists. Something like Sihuanaba (from Central America), or let's go all the way to WTF territory, the Nuckelavee (from Orkney).

• Brohoof 3

Ya know, I was gonna jump straight for some type of "mystical wolf creature", (Oh Aniki you're so predictable) but then I remembered the timber wolves. Those things were already pretty awesome and I don't feel like a practice in repetition would benefit anyone. So instead I'm gonna have to say Kitsune.37631.jpg?1341949169

Because in a land of spirits, dragons, griffins, phoenix, unicorns and magic; how is this thing NOT already in there? (Am I right?)

• Brohoof 5

A diabolical trio of Kelpies. A sort of anti-CmC, the three Kelpie colts would make it their mission to ruin everything for the CmC.

However, they'd be three of the most hapless of their kind. Bumbling fools who who make an unfounded vendetta against the CmC, in order to prove themselves to their Kelpie peers.

• Brohoof 2

I would add the Hydra if I could but just because I am really interested in sea monsters and this one is one of my favorites. I have no idea what the show could use it for though XD.

*ponders* But wasn't there already a hydra?

Twilight_discovers_a_Hydra_behind_her_S1

Granted it's no where near as fearsome looking as the one you posted but this is a kids cartoon after all. e9FkmL5.png

• Brohoof 6

@@Armchair Adventurer,

Actually, there was already a Hydra in the show. It was in the episode, "Feeling Pinkie Keen" in Ghastly Gorge.. x3

Anyways, I would probably add...

well, the show already has a lot of the good mythical creatures.. I got nothing. 

• Brohoof 2

*ponders* But wasn't there already a hydra?

Twilight_discovers_a_Hydra_behind_her_S1

Granted it's no where near as fearsome looking as the one you posted but this is a kids cartoon after all. e9FkmL5.png

It's very odd that I'd forget about that but yeah ,that certainly looks like one. Although in my mind Hydras can't leave water but most fiction depicts them with legs so I must be wrong about that. But yeah, that is one. Thank you for reminding me about that :D!

• Brohoof 1

I actually wouldn't mind seeing ents they would be fun to have around. A character I would like to see more of though definitely is Steven Magnet:

Sea_serpent_and_his_new_mustache_S1E02.pHe's too fabulous NOT to be in this show, plus if they ever did a sea/pirate episode it'd be nice to see more sea(river) serpents.

• Brohoof 1

How about the bonnacon? The monster that kills with it's poop?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonnacon

Bonnacon.jpg

Okay, we'll probably never see that on MLP, but we can dream can't we?

But what about a Hecatonchires?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hekatonkheires

(In Greek Myth they're imprisoned in Tartarus, which we already know is a place in Equestria.

Tremorworks__Hecatonchires_fin_by_rachae

Jackalope?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackalope

jackalope.jpg

Kappa?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kappa_(folklore)

Hokusai_kappa.jpg

Edited by Andaasonsan
  • Brohoof 2

I want to see Harpies!

I know it would be weird to see a human head on a bird body, especially on a kids show but It could work. I mean they used centaur already so why not harpies?.

Harpies would be pretty awesome... but what episode were centaurs in? I know they had Iron Will (Who was a minotaur), but I don't recall any centaurs. Still, I get your point; if they just gave birds a human-like figure I think they'd fit right in!

• Brohoof 1

I would definitely like to see Cthulhu, it would be really funny to see how they would draw him

and i would most like to see a "nuckelavee"

28tz88w.jpg

b6t6bc.jpg though with MLP's art style it would probably look something like this 

• Brohoof 1

I'm down with the Jackalope.  I see flutter shy having another "your going to love me!"

moment when it keeps running away LOL.  The Kitsune is a cute idea, are we getting a full on oriented themed area of equistra?

Cause I mean why stop at just the kitsune.

I'd say jabber wocky but discords pretty close.

• Brohoof 1

I don't do enough research on mythical creatures, so I'll just pick something off the subject and say aliens......Ok and some Centuars too

• Brohoof 1

I wanna see a Chimera. Discord technically is a kind of chimera, as the definition is a creature made up of several different other creatures, but the original Chimera, the famous one from Greek Mythology, is obviously the most bad-ass.

2178983-chi2.jpg

Whether our ideas come to fruition or not, I've no doubt we'll be seeing new monsters in S4. The premiere is about the Everfree growing out of control for pete's sake, there's so much potential :3

• Brohoof 1

I've always thought centaurs needed some love, and in a world such as equestria it seems that they would be the logical next step. However, I would be content to see some others.

Actually, we haven't even seen ghosts yet in the show. That's something i'd like to see explored.

• Brohoof 1

I dunno about centaurs. As much as possible, I dont like seeing humans in Equestria even if they're part human. Meh. But if it's just one episode then why not

Edited by flutterfries
  • Brohoof 1

lamia.JPG

I would add a Lamia, even though it wouldn't be too subtle for children to look at but something like this should be in the Everfree Forest for all to see and get scared by.

• Brohoof 1

I would want to see a Cthulhu type creature but I don't think I would want to see him as a threat. Maybe have him be something that the mane six first see as a threat but then befriend him because he's awesome and adorable. Yeah, something like that. I would also want to see some sort of Centaur. I think Lyra would get a kick out of that XD

• Brohoof 1