Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

lomk

Phonewise I prefer android. Because it runs with linux ^_^

Currently using the SGS4 with PACman custom rom with root access.

The nice thing about android is its ability to run custom firmware and is 10x more customizable and interactive than apples Iphone.

When it comes to pcs... Definantally Windows. Was introduced to windows 95 as a child and to this day I have used it. Currently using win 8.

I would be going more in depth but im feeling a bit lazy >_>

• 1 month later...

Pardon the Necro first of all, but... This is an interesting thread.

I'll start out with phone preference, between android and iOS... Neither. I just have a simple minute phone since I don't care for the smartphones at all. That... and I use it for a phone.. not as a toy.

For Desktop Operating Systems, Linux All the way! BSD second, OS X third. I used to use windows 7, though recently using it on my thinkpad.. it's a little slow. Now you might be asking, "Why not use windows 8?" Well... I don't want to use it. Not because the GUI is different, but because it just doesn't really respect my privacy, nor freedoms.

While OS X might not be much better, maybe even worse, at least it has a Terminal, and is a *nix. Though if I had to use a Windows... Windows 7 all the way!

on the hardware side of things, While I prefer AMD and defend it greatly, I'd gladly go Intel and Nvidia, in fact I am even thinking about doing an SLI (nvidia biz) build my next machine.

I generally don't care about the brand with the rest of the machine, as long as they get good reviews it's good enough for me.

as for laptops, I don't care the brand, as long as they meet my criteria I'm happy. Though recently I decided to avoid buying a laptop with a touchscreen because I don't want to have to use Ubuntu on it, and I think it's a waste buying a laptop with a touchscreen when I probably won't ever use it.

Got a Raspberry Pi, darn those are awesome!

As for consoles... Steam Boxes all the way! *cough cough* pc  *cough cough*

Edited by z77e-itx

I'm not big on mobile devices, the only time I need a phone is for when I'm out of the house and something goes wrong with transit and I need a ride home from my folks. While a smartphone or tablet would be useful for work and social purposes, I'm really not out all that often to warrant the need for such devices.

As much as I'd like to give Linux a try after what Microsoft's been doing to Windows, the vast majority of my software is meant for XP and later, so switching OSs would be a big pain in the ass. I'll be fine with Windows 7 on my Alienware laptop, thank you very much.

jesus why do people like mac these days whats the new generation turning into? 

for computer i prefer windows 7 sure windows get viruses but there a aloot of good anti viruses that are free on the internet like avast antivirus for example. linux and mac ehh mac just suck balls when it comes to gaming.

i like apple ipods

phones: apple iphone.

iOS over android simply due to bad experiences with android failing way to soon on me :(

Android is awesome in its customization, but I want a phone/tablet that LASTS a long time and doesn't need to be replaced with every new version thats out. (despite the new model each year, for the devices, older models are still fairly well supported, and still fetch a good second hand price when you do upgrade! :)  )

Although apples latest iOS7 and its horribly bland interface has me hoping for a jailbreak real soon, or I may go back to android outright.. ugh.. this new interface is GARBAGE.. and the books.. don't get me started on what they did to iBooks! it stood out from the rest, but is now just as dumb looking... grrrr

PC Windows/Linux (soon moving to SteamOS! :)  ) 

"I liek mac cuz windows sux and get virusis..."

Horrid horrid myth :P  Macs can get viruses, but the distribution methods are horribly limited, and being so limited, apple can knock them down faster with less damage done. Apple learned this the hard way back when they had their commercials stating the no virus thing.. .

Never issue a challenge like that to hackers.. never a good idea...

Edited by GrimCW

Phone-wise, an Android, thank you. Apple phones are crappy.

PC-wise, Apple Sucks, and Linux is Linux, so Windows.

Gaming-wise, depends.

Next-Gen I'll go PS4. But I may not get one... So maybe... I DON'T FUCKING KNOW.

For older games, see PC. My PC runs well with TF2 and Skyrim, so...

Edited by Twilight Sniper

For PCs, I prefer Linux OSes all the way. However, I'm not closed to Windows or Macs, I even use a MacBook Pro for music production and such like. But in the long run a Linux-based OS is always going to be how I roll. :)

Smartphones: I use Android right now, but I'm definitely past the honeymoon period with the Galaxy S2. Even though it's based on Linux, it's heavily customised with a boatload of Java thrown into the mix, which makes it difficult for me to understand. I'm also not keen on the forced Google integration. Sailfish OS has caught my eye and my next phone will probably run that.

Games consoles: I preferred the PS3 last gen but lately I've been taking a liking to the Wii U. IMO it gets alot of bad press that it doesn't deserve, and has been sadly overlooked by too many people. I don't own one yet but would like one in the future.

OS wise It's Linux and Windows, I love Linux more than windows honestly but unfortunately there aren't many Linux supported games so I'm sticking with windows until the whole steam library supports Linux.

Phone wise I use iOS because at the time I didn't really give two shits and a fiddle about the phone as long as it's reasonably fast, can use the internet, and watch youtube, of course now I kind of wish I got an Android for the open customization but I'll make do with jailbreak for now. 

Console-wise I'm not really interested in any "next-gen" console, but if I had to choose it'd be PS4 since I've never like Microsoft's consoles (I do however love their controllers for some reason!) 

Also from personal experiences with AMD, I prefer Intel by a long shot.

EDIT: Oh yeah also I hate touch-screen laptops and even worse touch-screen DESKTOPS! If you have either of those you deserve a slap.

Edited by Crazy Misty
  • Brohoof 1

OS: Windows though I'd love to try out Mac OS and Linux

Phone: IOS because I love the simplicity and it works really well. 

Gaming: PC gamer mainly though I got a PS4 for Christmas.