Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Am I the only one who doesn't really care for CMC episodes?

Champion RD92

Whenever there is a new episode, and it's a Cutie Mark Crusaders episode, I just think "Ugh, another CMC episode..."

It's not that I don't like the CMC, it's just that I would much rather see an episode that focuses on the mane 6. I feel like the CMC episodes are almost just taking up space that could be used for episodes that could focus on more important characters.

Anyone else feel this way?

• Brohoof 4

The CMC are important characters.  They're not the main 6, but they're still highly involved in the show.  I like them.  The episodes are usually really cute.  But I'm sure you're not the only one who feels that way.

• Brohoof 3

I think with some more development CMC episodes could pay off. While the show centers around the Mane 6, mostly Twilight Sparkle, having episodes centered around and including other characters adds a bit more depth. Having a CMC centered episode may distract from the core characters, but I am in favour of having them present and given a more significant role.

• Brohoof 2

I like the characters, but it's true that they episodes are often the same things.

1) Try stuff to get a Cutie Mark even if everyone knows it won't work

2) Try a thing that will last the entire episode

3) Do something stupid

4) Be rescued / stop doing things that hurts others

5) Be sorry/ Understand again that getting a cutie mark requiers time

But these episodes have a lot of funny things in, and even the whole episodes generally isn't great, it has good moments I think

Honestly, I liked the CMC episodes as a whole better than the Mane 6 ones in Season 3. Right now the Mane 6 seem to be locked into their character quirks while the CMCs have room for growth, so I find them more interesting to watch. 

Edited by n1029

I know that they were about to say something to the CMCs but they got interrupted by the CMCs saying they think their talent is comedy and thus embarking on another of their silly quests. I sort of have a feeling the people behind the show are going to pull a Beavis and Butthead, where they teased throughout the series that the boys would get laid but in reality they never did. I think they'll tease throughout the series that the CMCs might possibly get their cutie marks but in reality, once the series ends they never will. Not in movies, books, comics etc. Not ever.

the CMC episodes are kinda meh in my opinion. they keep a nice change in the series once in a while, but that's about it. i don't feel like they actually add all this much to the series.

I'm not a big fan of them. As you said, I'd rather watch an episode revolving around the main six. I usually skip the episodes that focus mainly on the CMC. I don't honestly care for them.

While I definitely prefer episodes about the Mane Six, I still enjoy the Cutie Mark Crusaders and the episodes focused on them. Because the three of them are still so young and inexperienced, there's plenty of lessons that they can learn that the Mane Six knows already, so the CMC are capable of conveying important morals that the show might otherwise be unable to touch upon in the same way. The wacky antics of the CMC is a nice change of pace every once in a while, and I for one think that the Crusaders are quite adorable and fun to watch.

Not to mention, the CMC centric episodes have been getting better all of the time. I'll admit, I found them to be slightly annoying during season 1, particularly in episodes like "Stare Master",  but as they've continued to grow as characters, they've certainly done a lot of growing on me. smile.png If the Crusaders can continue to have amazing outings like "One Bad Apple" or "Sleepless in Ponyville", then I'm all for more of these three. Season 4's episode "Flight to the Finish" has a very promising premise, and I am quite anxious to see how that storyline pans out.

• Brohoof 2

Far from it, it's not a rarity for me to see fans saying that the only thing they can't stand about the show is the CMC episodes. :P I do like the episodes about them, though I do get that vibe making me want to watch an episode about the Mane 6 instead on occasion.

Honestly, I kind of see the CMC as an homage to Faustian ponies, because I see them as an awful lot like the Powerpuff girls. I also think they teach important lessons. They're in a huge rush to get their cutie marks (AKA grow up), but it's trying to teach that they just can't rush that process. Also, I LOVED Sleepless in Ponyville.

I'm kind of like that. I mean I like the cmc but I honestly have trouble sitting through most of their episodes. It's got nothing to do with them it's mainly cause I don't like Diamond Tiara and the stuff she says to them makes them hard to sit through.

I find their episodes to be hit-or-miss.  For the most part, I found that the CMC episodes in season 1 were the worst episodes in season 1 (with the exception of Call of the Cutie, but that can hardly even be called a CMC episode).  They were better in season 2, but still not quite my favorite.  I think that their episodes in season 3, however, were excellent, especially Sleepless in Ponyville (which remains my favorite episode in the series).  I'll admit that I do prefer it when one of the mane 6 gets the focus in an episode, but it's nice to see what they're up to every once in a while (so long as they aren't as obnoxious as they were in season 1).

Edited by Antismurf9001

I didn't care for them initially, in fact I skipped them my first time watching the show. After I watched all of the episodes, I decided to go back and at least give them a chance. They quickly became some of my favorite episodes ever.

And here I was thinking I was the only one as well.

I personally do not think that the CMC episodes are nearly as good as any other ones.  They might even tie with Mare Do Well on my list.  But the sidekick explorers are a very crucial part in any children's show, as they allow the writers to teach lessons that only occur in younger, naive children.

I don't like 'em, but I understand they are a must. It's kind of like your seatbelt getting stuck in the car door.  Sure it is really freaking annoying, but ya got to do it.

I love the cmc.  So will try not to flame in this thread (puts down the gas and lighter before going full blown beavis up in this bitch).

Their a break from the main six.  Their variety.  Plus they don't eat up that much time.

Their the best slice of live thing on the show for me.

Now if you hate slice of life oh than by all means hate on ^^.

But in mlp with out a huge continuity from show to show I love, and accept the cmc.

Now if the writers were to get down to brass tax and really shake things up,

Yeah, they might, maybe, possibly, might in some weird world not this one might jar on me.

when the cmc is competeing with spike episodes,

I go cmc all the way.