Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has What You've seen in Season 4 so far changed your opinion on Twilicorn?

Forlong

68 users have voted

1. 1. After season 4, what is your opinion of Twilicorn?

• I like the idea!
    • I'm on the fence.
    • Still worried about it.

I didn't dislike the idea of Alicorn Twilight, I just disliked how the episode where she became an Alicorn went down. The pacing was off. And some things didn't make sense. Regardless, I felt it was a very strong pair of episodes, and I think seeing her get used to her wings and princess duties will be good.

Edited by HailthornX
  • Brohoof 2

I hated Twilicorn at first. During the hiatus I slowly excepted it, but I still didn't like it. I love it now after seeing the premiere. My worries about Twilicorn are gone, and I just really like the idea now. That was my problem with it, actually. I was worried about how they would handle Twilicorn, but they handled it very well in the premiere. It makes sense that shes an alicorn now, and I'm really excited to see how they'll handle it this season. I'm glad there has been a change, as this opens up new possibilities for future episodes, and it changes up the formula a bit. :)

• Brohoof 5

I didn't dislike the idea of Alicorn Twilight, I just disliked how the episode where she became an Alicorn went down. The pacing was off. And some things didn't make sense. Regardless, I felt it was a very strong pair of episodes, and I think seeing her get used to her wings and princess duties will be good.

This. If we had have more time to get use to her, I'd probably like her more. But, that being said I still like it. It's a new step in a new adventure of her life. I'm glad they didn't wait until the end of the series to make her an alicorn. If they did we would never see her journey as being a princess.

• Brohoof 2

Even though the premier made me feel better about Alicorn Twilight, I think it's still too early to determine if my opinion on the matter is solid until we see how some of the other episodes within the season turn out to be. Will plots relating to Twilight's wings and royalty be all we get whenever she gets screen time? Even though I would like to see some, hopefully this wouldn't be the case.

Well, I heard a few people say that they feel better about Twilicorn after the season 4 premiere.  Let's see what the general opinion is.

Think address hole princess alicorn thing quit well. And did show us even now she is an alicorn, she still pretty much our Twilight. But with some more responsibility. And all that princess stuff, she clearly express she don't want any of that stuff. She just still want to hang out with her friends having adventurers, and a casually sleep overs. I was quit happy abut the episodes take on this subject. And got love how discord pointed out all dos things abut princesses begin better anyone else. It was Hilarious to hear. And also brute out allot good points too. But i was never that fust abut alicorn Twilight in first place. But where curious on where they. Where going go with it, in story telling. 

But Generally am happy abut how everything turn out. And i bee looking forward to more episodes for season 4.

Sig, out. img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png *Squee*

At first I merely disliked it, but was willing to give it a chance to see how they would execute the transformation.

After 'Magical Mystery Cure; I was livid (and hope we don't have any more songs or musical episodes in the near future because of it.)

But, now I'm apathetic because the Season 4 premiere, finally decided to answer the questions that MMC stubbornly refused to acknowledge.

• Brohoof 1

I think that the jury is still out, and I would have liked to see it explored a little bit more, and it would have been nice to see some of the rest of the cast get a more prominent role.  But all in all, I like that they at least addressed the issue, and I;m much more comfortable with it than I was back in February. 

Still kinda wish they hadn't done it, though. 

And is it just me, or would anyone else look forward to a season premiere that wasn't focused on Twilight Sparkle?

• Brohoof 1

Nope, it still hasn't answered all my questions and concerns yet so I am still waiting to see how this plays out. I was opposed slowly became neutral and am still neutral. But it does look like it is going to be a good season though, and we still have the rest of the season to answer those nagging questions so I will get back to you if I change my mind one way or the other.

No, not really. Just like before I don't have a huge problem  with the princess aspect (I was more bothered by how suddenly it happened in MMC) and that's the only thing these episodes really dealt with. But the alicorn-ness... those wings, just ugh msg-8308-0-76652000-1382912179.png  And the sad part is I doubt the writers can do anything to change the way I feel about those wings.

But hey, this is just the beginning of the season. We'll see how things go from here.

• Brohoof 1

After the two-parter, my feelings are still the same: While it's doable, DHX has yet to show me the Twilicorn's worth at this point. The way the two-parter was written didn't truly answer any of the skeptics' questions because (besides its shaky writing) they were focused more on Twilight's preparations (which is good), retconned inability to fly (not cool, and I hope it's fixed VERY soon), and unaltered personality (not good, either).

PTS shows promise by telling us Twilight's ascension is worth it, but that ain't enough. DHX still needs to show us via concrete scriptwriting and changes in their friendship and Twilight's own personality. I've been very critical of the Twilicorn concept for being poorly developed for the past several months, and until I see true results instead of superficial ones, they're not going away.

Edited by Dark Qiviut

Ummmm, you mean the very first episode of season 4? Not really. I like the idea to begin with, sooooo~... yeah.

I don't like the fact that Twilight is living in Canterlot while her friends are over at Ponyville. Doesn't seem right to me.

Ummmm, you mean the very first episode of season 4? Not really. I like the idea to begin with, sooooo~... yeah.

I don't like the fact that Twilight is living in Canterlot while her friends are over at Ponyville. Doesn't seem right to me.

is that confirmed somewhere? because Cadence isn't living at Canterlot and Twilight was in Canterlot only because the Summer Sun Celebration (that if you dont take EQG as canon, which I don't take because I remember reading a twitter from I don't remember who saying that Flash Sentry wouldn't appear in 4 season, so I like to think thats enough reason to ignore the entire thing)

Not really. I'm still not entirely for it. Really, I thought she was great in the openers but I still don't like it.

However, I'm not going to doubt the power it has. It does open up a lot of doors for them to do new stuff. Still doesn't mean I like it.

Nevertheless, I'm excited for what Season 4 has to offer. It had a good start IMO, and I've got high hopes for the rest of the season. 

No I was accepting of it to begin with although it did feel strange seeing Twilight get wings and a bit wrong at first.

Seeing it in season 4 though it feels like the alicorn Twilight fits right in: and her crashing and being crap at flying was really funny

No, not really. Just like before I don't have a huge problem  with the princess aspect (I was more bothered by how suddenly it happened in MMC) and that's the only thing these episodes really dealt with. But the alicorn-ness... those wings, just ugh img-2032775-1-msg-8308-0-76652000-138291  And the sad part is I doubt the writers can do anything to change the way I feel about those wings.

But hey, this is just the beginning of the season. We'll see how things go from here.

It might help if how you felt made sense.  She has wings.  It has not changed her personality or skills.  You're going to have to find something actually wrong with this change to have a valid opinion.

After the two-parter, my feelings are still the same: While it's doable, DHX has yet to show me the Twilicorn's worth at this point. The way the two-parter was written didn't truly answer any of the skeptics' questions because (besides its shaky writing) they were focused more on Twilight's preparations (which is good), retconned inability to fly (not cool, and I hope it's fixed VERY soon), and unaltered personality (not good, either).

Wait, so now you're complaining that she isn't a Mary Sue?

CMC_Doesn%27t_deserve_a_facehoof.jpg

Nope saw it coming a long time ago. expected it, glad they went with the same old twilight with new powers and position thrown at her.

right now I don't envy twilight she has to adjust to a new position of power and a new body. ether of the two would be very heard for most ponies but adjusting to the two at once that's hard.

It might help if how you felt made sense.  She has wings.  It has not changed her personality or skills.  You're going to have to find something actually wrong with this change to have a valid opinion.

Okay, so if have becoming an alicorn is absolutely meaningless and has no impact whatsoever, what was the point of having the transformation in the first place? If you're telling me Twilight becoming an alicorn was a meaningless addition, then someone messed up somewhere along the line.

The thing is, the transformation was important, it came as a package deal with becoming a princess. My problem is not so much with Twilight as it is with alicorns. I don't like the idea that alicorns are above everypony else, and the transformation just reinforces that view. I would have much preferred Twilight getting her new title while staying a unicorn, you know, to give off the impression that the other races can be just as great as the alicorn overlords. img-2034084-1-KUbAnTY.png

Those master race vibes are rubbing me the wrong way. Just sayin'.

Now, what I said initially, I said half-jokingly, because people love to accuse you of being superficial when you don't like alicorn Twilight. That's why I kept focusing so much on the wings.

Edited by Mutemutt
  • Brohoof 1