Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's the relation between TF2 and MLP?

Spark

I've also noticed the connection between the two among bronies, seen a bunch of pony mod vids on youtube and it makes sense though. Skyrim seems to be another big game connection between MLP Fans

I've also noticed the connection between the two among bronies, seen a bunch of pony mod vids on youtube and it makes sense though. Skyrim seems to be another big game connection between MLP Fans

• 1 month later...

Both have a rather interesting sense of humour. They're similar, adn yet different.

Team Fortress 2 takes something serious (mercenaries killing each other in horifically gruesome way in an attempt to create a corporate monopoly), and makes something completely silly out of it.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic takes something silly (brightly multicoloured talking breeds of miniature horses going off and having adventures) and plays it totally serious, making the jokes even funnier.

There are many times that both have made me laugh, for eactly the same reasons, but they way they apply their humour is so different.

And yes, the obvious one is that because TF2 has so many players, you have a higher chance of a player being a brony.

TF2 is a pretty flexible game, what with mods and paints and all.

So naturally, bronies will flock :P

Plus, they're both fun.

Posted Image

• 3 months later...

I just always wondered this. My 2 favorite things.... They seem to go together like Bread and Butter. But the strange thing is that one is a children's TV show, and one is a FPS game. Yet, the classes work well with the ponies. (Scout + Rainbow, Medic + Fluttershy) Many bronies are also a fan of TF2, which would seem like a unlikley thing. If you search up TF2 + MLP, there is plenty of fan art and videos on YouTube. What are your thoughts?

Also, voice overs work well too. Like these:

• Brohoof 1

I think the reason is for the distinct personalities... you know like spy, scout, heavy, sniper, etc. they are all VERY VERY unique. So i guess that is why mlp just fits right in (btw i have pony sprays :) ) just like they matched the mane 6 to the characters in tf2

i can't remember exact details but

applejack is the engineer (southern)

fluttershy is medic

twightlight is sniper

rainbowdash is scout

but yes i think it's the personalities that make it work

Well, both are targeted at little kids... Not entirely, but there's obviously a trend. We "bronies" are a breed of people who have reached such a level of individualism and creativity that we like to stray from the norm of society and go for things that the majority of people consider to "abnormal" people of our age. Maybe it's a testament to our liveliness and playful juvenility. I, for one, am proud to be one of those people who appreciate the wide cultural value of these greatly underrated forms of media.

/)( Moshi >:3

Because TF2 can be mixed with anything. At least in my opinion. Because I've seen TF2 mixed with stuff like Pulp Fiction, The Dark Knight, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, etc.

• Brohoof 1

I think that it just happens that people in the target audience for TF2 often happen to find out MLP as well. For example, I found my first pony vid that would wake my interest on youtube while searching for TF2 gmod vids. It's usuall that TF2 players use youtube for this and are avid net users in general, and therefore the chance of them finding out MLP is higher. And, although I somehow dislike scout being mixed with Dashie (scout's still a littlebit of a bastard for me, while Dashie's my favorite)I enjoyed that vids, thanks for them !