Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

GO TO POST-2014 MLPF WORLD CUP THREAD FOR FINAL RESULTS

Inactive01

Welcome back to BSPN everypony. We're here live at Rio de Maneiro where there's celebrating all around the villages as the ponies come from all over Equestria and beyond to celebrate in Hayzil! You can see the colours of all the characters of the tournament everywhere here! There's Rainbow Dash's rainbow flag there, and to my left you can see a bunch of unicorns who painted themselves PURPLE to cheer Twilight onward! Let's go and talk to one of the locals right now and see what they're up to! Hey sir! The green pony with the yellow shirt!

"Oh hello there! LET'S GO FLUTTERSHY! WOO WOO!"

"Well I can truly see that you're very excited about the World Cup and the final game for Fluttershy's group stage encounter!"

"I sure am! Fluttershy shares my love of nature you know?! And I came down all the way from Ponyville to watch her amaze the crowds with her ability to communicate with animals!"

"Oh wow! How far do you think Fluttershy can go?!"

"I think she can go all the way, with her love of nature sure to attract all the nature lovers in us! GO FLUTTERSHY!!" *walks off in distance*

"Well... he was certainly an interesting fellow! YOW!!!!! All this bass jamming... must be Vinyl's doing! I can barely hear myself in all this bass dropping! Must be her album in an attempt to grab more points in Group F! Oh wow... My ears... AHH! Well, this is Sterling Crimson from BSPN, with the latest of the festivities from Hayzil!"

• Brohoof 2

I'm surprised that some of the fans of their characters haven't really shown up for this event. I mean, Granny Smith was on the verge of elimination to Button Mash during World Cup qualifying and barely squeaked in, but I haven't seem them around at all to help her with the Apple Family cause. Same goes for Applebloom, despite her two victories so far. In any case, the Apple Family will HAVE to come out if they want them to go far in this tournament.

I haven't really been present as an AJ fan because I haven't needed to be. No need to burn out on matches I'm confident in her winning. I'm MUCH more concerned about stuff like AJ vs Pinkie Pie.

On the other hand, Scootaloo is one of my favorite ponies in the show but is playing at a much higher risk at the moment, so SCOOTALOO SCOOTALOO SCOOTALO O SCOATL OOO.

This song kind of reminds me of her.

• Brohoof 3

This tournament keeps putting me on the edge of my seat, especially with the Mane 6 vs. background characters.

Time to promote again for Twily.

by_candlelight_by_dm29-d7kc7o3.png

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Come on y'all, best Wonderbolt deserves more votes than this. He's got a good heart, good taste in dessert, and look at this happy cutie when he's doing his thing in the sky

NxPyt1m.png

He also tells it like it is when it comes to his teammates. A vote for Soarin' is a vote for flying and a vote for pie, two of the best things in the world.

529945.jpg

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 5

You know you want to vote for Soarin,it'a just that the DJ-PON3 used his DJ Table to smack your head,and to confuse you to vote for her,and not for a super duper awesome Wonderbolt :D

30_day_mlp_challenge_day_9__soarin___by_

In all seriouness,she doesn't deserve to win.She has done too much damage to Applejack's popularity :okiedokielokie:

But like always,i'm not trying to covixe you with my hypnotic moves and pics :squee:

mlp_1__soarin_by_peterparkerworks-d6kxkd

Between you and me...Vote for Soarin,and i'll give you some pie :3

• Brohoof 2

I just so happen to have a Vinyl Scratch vinyl figure. So I guess Vinyl Scratch? Or Soarin, I don't know. Not sure if Lyra, or Discord... Twilight seems like an interesting choice but i'm feeling different today... who knows.. I'll vote later.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
  • I'm very happy that all of you are taking the World Cup rules to heart. But I want you guys to be more relaxed about the rules. Don't worry about them unless you have something bad to say about your opponent. There's nothing wrong with showing support unless it's meant to bully the other team.

Last time I was relaxed, I got scolded for calling AJ a background pony in jest. As you or someone else have said, things typed in text can be taken the wrong way, since there's no other emotional context to take it in. I'm sorry but if you want a nice civil tournament, and nothing like what March Madness apparently was, then you're gonna have a strict enforcement of the rules. Telling everyone to relax is what's gonna cause this to breakdown into a flame war. 

• Lastly, where's the rest of the Mane 6 fans?? I've seen Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and Rarity fans, but where's the rest of the Mane 6 fans? Many of the background characters have been really silent too! C'mon! The World Cup's supposed to show how diverse we are, not how QUIET we are!

Have you not looked at the polls? The Mane 6 are trashing everypony. There fans have showed up in full force. That's probably the major flaw int his tournament, pitting the mane 6 against backgorunds and side characters early on. This pretty much guarantees we'll have  mane 6 members in the final round. Next year, it would be a better idea to pit the mane 6 against eachother in the first round. Definitely spice things up and generate a big voter turnout. 

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 2

Last time I was relaxed, I got scolded for calling AJ a background pony in jest. As you or someone else have said, things typed in text can be taken the wrong way, since there's no other emotional context to take it in. I'm sorry but if you want a nice civil tournament, and nothing like what March Madness apparently was, then you're gonna have a strict enforcement of the rules. Telling everyone to relax is what's gonna cause this to breakdown into a flame war. 

Have you not looked at the polls? The Mane 6 are trashing everypony. There fans have showed up in full force. That's probably the major flaw int his tournament, pitting the mane 6 against backgorunds and side characters early on. This pretty much guarantees we'll have  mane 6 members in the final round. Next year, it would be a better idea to pit the mane 6 against eachother in the first round. Definitely spice things up and generate a big voter turnout. 

Well that was pretty mean to say about AJ... Support does not equate derogation. Saying your pony's awesome is good, but saying that AJ's a background pony implies that she isn't special, which is quite offensive for many fans.

If I had them face earlier, then the final rounds would be very boring. After deeper reflection, having easy victories early on is much better than have easy victories later. I'll stick with this format. 

By the way, there won't be a next year. This tournament's held once every 4 years.

• Brohoof 3

Well that was pretty mean to say about AJ... Support does not equate derogation. Saying your pony's awesome is good, but saying that AJ's a background pony implies that she isn't special, which is quite offensive for many fans.

If I had them face earlier, then the final rounds would be very boring. After deeper reflection, having easy victories early on is much better than have easy victories later. I'll stick with this format. 

By the way, there won't be a next year. This tournament's held once every 4 years.

I personally have really enjoyed the format, as with the World Cup IRL, the later rounds are meant to have the 'best' teams but you always have those Cinderella teams who can provide exciting upsets :) Once we're out of the groups, I have a feeling it will get even better :) (although it will be a shame to see other people's favourites go). This tournament was for me, just an absolutely fantastic idea :) I'm super pleased to root for AJ in it too (we're sorting out our starting XI I believe too)

The banner just peeved me for some reason.

Because they switched from the MLPF WC banner? :huh:  Or what? haha I am totally lost with how it could bug somepony!  :catface:

• Brohoof 1

Because they switched from the MLPF WC banner? :huh:  Or what? haha I am totally lost with how it could bug somepony!  :catface:

No no! Thats not the case! Its just that it seems more like a character flag more then anything! It screams "Vote for Twilight in the World Cup!" seriously!

• Brohoof 2

My mains (for now) Are Vinyl and Lyra. I didn't really care much for voting for Twilight,(Don't worry I like Twilight.) The banner just peeved me for some reason.

Yes, what is the meaning of this? :huh:@Adorkable is helping the Twilight's fans a lot here...

(half kidding ;))

• Brohoof 1

No no! Thats not the case! Its just that it seems more like a character flag more then anything! It screams "Vote for Twilight in the World Cup!" seriously!

Ah yes, I see that now! Not like she needs the advertising in this round... :comeatus: She's sitting on the highest vote percentage of the tournament so far with 94.7% of the votes this round.

• Brohoof 1

Welcome back to BSPN once again folks. Earlier today, we were discussing the World Cup's developments as the Mane 6 continue to dominate the competition. No surprises given their long standing presence in the MLP World. Even all the fans here are enamoured of the living, yes LIVING Elements of Harmony as the last day of Matchday 2 is set to begin tonight! And speaking of the Mane 6, we have our dear Element of Loyalty playing tonight against the Princess of Love in her hopes of progressing to the Round of 16 as well! We'll also be seeing our only dragon participant take on the novelist and adventurer in Daring Do in hopes of staying alive at the 2014 MLPF World Cup! Finally, We'll be seeing the other match of Group G as the ever stoic Big Macintosh takes on Dinky Doo in hopes of allowing Discord and himself to qualify for the Round of 16! 

Well, enough with the introductions! What will unfold as the last day of Matchday 2 gets underway in half an hour? Let's tune in to Arena Pantamare for today's matchups as the World Cup anthem gets set to introduce all the characters for tonight!

Ladies and gentlemen... Please stand up for the character anthems of all the characters who will be playing tonight, beginning with Big Macintosh!

Big Macintosh

Refrain

Oh Big Macintosh, the silent one,

May the stars bless him as he goes bucking trees!

The big boss of the Apple clan,

He has wisdom embedded in his big strong skull!

Verse

As he goes out to pick the apples,

He keeps the family aloft!

Despite his silence, he goes on,

To buck all the trees and keep his family strong!

Refrain

Dinky Doo has not yet perished,
So long as we live!
When the haters come in full force,
We shall go and smite them!

Dinky is Derpy’s
Daughter conceived from love!
Under thy command
We shall silence the enemy! (x2)

Oh say can you see,
by the skies o'er the land,
What so proudly we see,
the rainbow-tailed pony?

Whose broad rainbow mane, 
sends down shouts of praise,
From all over the world, 
do her colours resonate.

Oh the Sonic Rainboom, and her strong loyalty,
made the Elements one, with the magic of love!

O say, does that brightly filled Rainbow Dash still yet shine,
O'er the land of the free, and the mare of the brave?!

God bless our Crystal Empire! 
And make our empire gleaming bright!
Bold to defend forever the cause of love and Right!
Fill our hearts with transparent love,
Make us cherish fearless sacrifice,
And help us to resist King Sombra's rule, With all our will and love evermore! 
And help us to resist King Sombra's rule, With all our will and love evermore! 

Land of dragons, and land of fire,
Where a purple egg was laid, 
In an instant, the egg was carried,
Off to Canterlot it went.
But then one day, a magic test of,
Fateful magnitude was then carried,
Out of the egg there hatched a glorious,
Purple dragon that would live on,

To see the power of love, the power of care,
O’er the plains, o’er the hill, o’er the forest!
Let us build on his grace, let us build on his might,
For the glory of dragon Spike!

Refrain
Live on Spike, Live on Spike,
Carry on your power and might,
Let all Equestria know of your glory,
Live on Spike, Live on Spike,
Carry on your power and might,
Oh and long live dragon Spike! (x2)

Well that's all the anthems for tonight! I hope to see you all in about 2 hours time when we get to begin the last day of Matchday 2! Hear the ponies roar in the stadium as the characters now begin their warm ups and shake hooves with each other before the games!

• Brohoof 3

I'm so sorry, my dear Granny Smith, but I have to vote for Twilight Sparkle here. I'm proud that I was able to help you get to the World Cup in the first place, but it looks like your time is up. I just cannot bring myself to vote against my long time second favorite pony (who may or may not be my 2nd favorite right now, but I digress). :P

Voting for Soarin' over DJ. Vinyl is cool and all, but I've never understood her mass appeal amongst the fanbase. Never cared for her style or her music. A cool guy like Soarin' who is a hero, mare magnet, and an apple pie addict is far more interesting to me and thus, is worthy of my vote.

Discord beats Lyra. Nothing more to be said there.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Wow! These matches look great, especially RD vs Cadance!

I voted for Spikey-wikey, mostbeautifulponyCadance and Big Mac (AJ wouldn't want it any other way, gotta support her big bro :P )

Edited by Guest