Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

2014 MLP Forums Best Fans Tournament - Mane 6 (Voting)

Champion RD92

Man I didn't even see the nominations thread.

I would have nominated Doctor XFizzle for best Doctor XFizzle fan

I'll force Champ to make a Doctor XFizzle vs. Doctor XFizzle contest for best Doctor XFizzle fan when he does secondaries, don't worry :D

• Brohoof 1

Wow, the actual poll already? I didn't even get to do any nominating... :wacko:

Still, I think the poll does have most of the prominent members for each pony so it works. I'm gonna have to think long and hard on who to vote for. There's so many passionate fans. :(

And for those voting for me, you have my warmest, sincerest, and most humble thanks. Several months ago I didn't even think I'd be there. :)

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 2

Hello!

I have voted, and I wish the participants to not be too dissapointed if they don't win. It's just a silly game, of who's got the most friends or made a higher post count :P.

• Brohoof 2

Hello!

I have voted, and I wish the participants to not be too dissapointed if they don't win. It's just a silly game, of who's got the most friends or made a higher post count :P.

Amen to this :3 very well said Concord ol bud. I am not a fan of these cause it makes people mad at each other....

I shall put in my votes

Edited by Ticking Timebomb
  • Brohoof 1

Wow, the actual poll already? I didn't even get to do any nominating... :wacko:

Same here.  I put some thoughts in the previous best fan thread and threw out some suggestions for nomination, but that was it.  :blush:

Aqulia is conspicuous by his absence as a Twi fan.  For a long time, he was Twilight Sparkle with that distinctive mane-flipping avatar.  :lol:  And Hawkflame has always been a great supporter of Rarity.  I would've waited until we had multiple nominations for him or at least somebody as a third Rarity contestant.  :D

Thanks to everybody who has voted for me so far.  :)

Wow, I'm leading. Never expected that!

No, but I saw that coming.  After you win, you will be required to write a 1,000 word essay on why Fluttershy is best pony.  ;)

Edited by Wingnut
  • Brohoof 3

*looks at thread that just opened*

*sees its the mane 6 fan tournament*

*remembers last fan tournament*

Dis_gon_b_gud.gif

• Brohoof 6

Aqulia is conspicuous by his absence as a Twi fan.  For a long time, he was Twilight Sparkle with that distinctive mane-flipping avatar.  :lol:  And Hawkflame has always been a great supporter of Rarity.  I would've waited until we had multiple nominations for him or at least somebody as a third Rarity contestant.  :D

The thing about the nominations was the shocking amount of one and dones; with the exception of me and 64, every other Rarity nominee had one, which, hawkflame was one of the dudes nominated. The large (and I mean LARGE) amount of people who ran in and gave their friend the nod (which is perfectly fine, btw) pretty much forced Champ to boot everyone with a single nomination, so that way the ones who'd get a single vote from the person who nominated them wouldn't take up needed space. Sounds a bit harsh, yeahh, but there was also a MUCH needed max of 4 contestants; if we had more than 4 people competing for a single pony, chances are it'd be way too hard to keep up with and would probably get a bit chaotic, plus, the chances of someone getting hurt because they lost would significantly increase, which, is something that is wanted to be avoided. 

As for hawkflame, I agree, and I tried putting in my two cents to throw him and SolarFox up on the board, seeing as it'd allow more contestants and the fact that they were legit fans of Miss Rarity. Unfortunately, it would've been unfair to the others who received a single nomination, which, is also true. So, the minimum was 2 nominations, which, sadly, wasn't met :(

As for the nominations being too fast: Around 30 people made nominations, most of which were pretty repetitive. Like, 6 people were nominated for Rarity, but only 2 (64 and myself) had more than one. That was the case for many of the ponies; the ones you see up there were the ones with at least 2 nominations, because, it didn't appear to really be changing at all, it was just these people and the large amount of one and done's, which would've made the contest too large.

I hope this answers your question(s)! :D

(And, no, I'm not involved with this tourney whatsoever past competing in it :P I just speak to Champ pretty regularly in the group chat we're both a part of, and we all talk about this tourney quite a bit, so I've got a good idea on how it runs :D)

Edited by Champion gfk39
  • Brohoof 3

The thing about the nominations was the shocking amount of one and dones; with the exception of me and 64, every other Rarity nominee had one, which, hawkflame was one of the dudes nominated. The large (and I mean LARGE) amount of people who ran in and gave their friend the nod (which is perfectly fine, btw) pretty much forced Champ to boot everyone with a single nomination, so that way the ones who'd get a single vote from the person who nominated them wouldn't take up needed space. Sounds a bit harsh, yeahh, but there was also a MUCH needed max of 4 contestants; if we had more than 4 people competing for a single pony, chances are it'd be way too hard to keep up with and would probably get a bit chaotic, plus, the chances of someone getting hurt because they lost would significantly increase, which, is something that is wanted to be avoided. 

As for hawkflame, I agree, and I tried putting in my two cents to throw him and SolarFox up on the board, seeing as it'd allow more contestants and the fact that they were legit fans of Miss Rarity. Unfortunately, it would've been unfair to the others who received a single nomination, which, is also true. So, the minimum was 2 nominations, which, sadly, wasn't met :(

As for the nominations being too fast: Around 30 people made nominations, most of which were pretty repetitive. Like, 6 people were nominated for Rarity, but only 2 (64 and myself) had more than one. That was the case for many of the ponies; the ones you see up there were the ones with at least 2 nominations, because, it didn't appear to really be changing at all, it was just these people and the large amount of one and done's, which would've made the contest too large.

I hope this answers your question(s)! :D

I'm glad you explained this because I'm terrible at explaining things xD

But, yeah, everything you said is true.

• Brohoof 2