Dislestia and Fluttercord debate

Vorax

Dislestia/Fluttercord poll  

58 users have voted

1. 1. Dislestia or Fluttercord

• Fluttercord
    • Dislestia
    • Neither or Other

I ship Dislestia, possibly because I spend so much time in the Homestuck fandom, where the idea of two people hate-dating is 100% cannon and a main staple of Alternian romance. I think that things would have to change a lot for it to be anything but ridiculous in cannon, but as the embodiments of order and chaos they do kind of complete each other. 

I like Fluttercord well enough as well, but I'm not usually a fan of immortal/mortal pairings, as I don't like to think about what happens when the mortal one passes. On a related note, as far as immortal ships go we're pretty low on options, seeing as there's only three immortal characters (that we know of) and two of them are related. So if I want to ship any immortals in a non-incestuous manner, Dislestia is kinda the best I can do (unless anyone can make me a fan of Disluna) :P

• Brohoof 1

I never really found the fascination in the two shippings, but I do tend to like Fluttercord while Dislestia reminds me of something from Disney. To each their own then.

• Brohoof 1

I can see why people ship Celestia and Discord or Fluttershy and Discord, but in all honesty I just don't like either of them. It just makes no sense for the kind of character Discord is to be in a ship at all, simple friendship was difficult to pose on him and even then he isn't the best of friends most of the time despite his "reformation."

"Opposites attract" is also pretty much the reasoning for Rarijack, but that is another story. I think Dislestia, if it were to happen, would take quite some time. I agree that 5 of the Mane 6 hate Discord's guts (or at least dislike him). However, when Discord does something seemingly dickish he does it for good or understandable reasons beneath the dickish behavior. In "Princess Twilight Sparkle" he does act like a dick, but he teaches Twi a lesson. Albeit in his own way of doing so. Also, in "Three's a Crowd" he tried to separate Twi and Cadence, but did so because he was jealous, an understandable emotion, in my eyes at least, that proves he cares about the friendship of Twilight Sparkle.

I'll give you all the right in the world to have your own opinion, but Rarijack is VERY different. For starters, they have a lot more in common than the things that should separate them. But yeah, this is about Dislestia.

What you are doing with Discord here is the same than saying that bullies just want to be friends. Discord is an asshole until the show gives me a good reason to believe that he is good and never again tries to ruin other's lives or make them miserable for his entertainment.  Bye.

I never really found the fascination in the two shippings, but I do tend to like Fluttercord while Dislestia reminds me of something from Disney. To each their own then.

I'm not really that big on Disney, so I don't know. I do agree on to each their own though.

I'll give you all the right in the world to have your own opinion, but Rarijack is VERY different. For starters, they have a lot more in common than the things that should separate them. But yeah, this is about Dislestia.

What you are doing with Discord here is the same than saying that bullies just want to be friends. Discord is an asshole until the show gives me a good reason to believe that he is good and never again tries to ruin other's lives or make them miserable for his entertainment.  Bye.

He is more in the gray area now, at least to me, not necessarily good or evil.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I can see why people ship Celestia and Discord or Fluttershy and Discord, but in all honesty I just don't like either of them. It just makes no sense for the kind of character Discord is to be in a ship at all, simple friendship was difficult to pose on him and even then he isn't the best of friends most of the time despite his "reformation."

I don't believe a relationship is impossible for Discord. In fact, I think it would help him. Love signifies growth as a person. I strongly detest blasting all possibility of a ship because one character's personality can't handle it (Example: a lot of the objections toward Flashlight that are somewhat sane, but that's another story.) If you want to ask me about anything other than what this thread is about you can PM me.

Edited by Vorax

I don't believe a relationship is impossible for Discord. In fact, I think it would help him. Love signifies growth as a person. I strongly detest blasting all possibility of a ship because one character's personality can't handle it (Example: a lot of the objections toward Flashlight that are somewhat sane, but that's another story.)

I agree there, there is a possibility, I just like to think that a possibility would be extremely low.

And on your previous post about him being in the moral grey area, he always was. I just imagine he was a bit annoyed at Celestia for being trapped in a stone prison for over 1,000 years.

• Brohoof 1

I ship Dislestia, possibly because I spend so much time in the Homestuck fandom, where the idea of two people hate-dating is 100% cannon and a main staple of Alternian romance. I think that things would have to change a lot for it to be anything but ridiculous in cannon, but as the embodiments of order and chaos they do kind of complete each other. 

I like Fluttercord well enough as well, but I'm not usually a fan of immortal/mortal pairings, as I don't like to think about what happens when the mortal one passes. On a related note, as far as immortal ships go we're pretty low on options, seeing as there's only three immortal characters (that we know of) and two of them are related. So if I want to ship any immortals in a non-incestuous manner, Dislestia is kinda the best I can do (unless anyone can make me a fan of Disluna) :P

I never liked Homestuck, sorry. I could also make the argument that kindness and chaos go well together for Fluttercord. I have no problem with immortal and mortal romance because I'd think Discord would continue to remember Flutters and that she is immortal in his heart, it's only sad if you make it sad. I've also never liked Disluna, Princest, or polyamory. PM me for additional discussions on that or other things.

I agree there, there is a possibility, I just like to think that a possibility would be extremely low.

And on your previous post about him being in the moral grey area, he always was. I just imagine he was a bit annoyed at Celestia for being trapped in a stone prison for over 1,000 years.

I'd like to think the possibility would be higher, but to each his own as i said. In past posts I also commented Dislestia would be awkward for that reason

I picked neither, they're both kinda cute, but I don't think I would prefer one over the other.

The whole idea of Fluttercord is cute, but I don't really see it. ^^"

Now with Dislestia, that's just an all around interesting idea.

Makes me wonder how many fan fics there have been of them so far. ^^

I'm not really that big on Disney, so I don't know. I do agree on to each their own though.

He is more in the gray area now, at least to me, not necessarily good or evil.

My problem with him is that I'm not convinced. Until I see him like he was in Friends Forever #2, for example, I'm not convinced.

And still, I don't see Celestia liking a "gray area" dude.

Unless she had something with him BEFORE he started doing his chaos thing.

I don't really like either of them.  :(

I prefer Flarity/Rarishy if Flutters is gonna be shipped with anyone. :squee:

I see Flutters and Discord as friends/roommates, they make an interesting contrast to be roomies. I don't see them as lovers, by any means.

On the other hoof, I could see Celestia x Discord working. As perhaps Celestia has some deep desire to be with him, despite their differences.You know, good girl falling for the bad guy, even if that sounds way over used.I could still see it happening, it being a 1000 years later, Celestia could rekindle her love for Discord. And perhaps Discord feels the same way, and his only way of expressing his love is to cause chaos upon Equestria.

I don't really like either of them. :(

I prefer Flarity/Rarishy if Flutters is gonna be shipped with anyone. :squee:

I see Flutters and Discord as friends/roommates, they make an interesting contrast to be roomies. I don't see them as lovers, by any means.

On the other hoof, I could see Celestia x Discord working. As perhaps Celestia has some deep desire to be with him, despite their differences.You know, good girl falling for the bad guy, even if that sounds way over used.I could still see it happening, it being a 1000 years later, Celestia could rekindle her love for Discord. And perhaps Discord feels the same way, and his only way of expressing his love is to cause chaos upon Equestria.

I respect your opinions. I could see both Fluttercord and Dislestia working out in their own scenarios and ways. It all just comes down to who wants the D greater (sorry, couldn't help myself).:(

My problem with him is that I'm not convinced. Until I see him like he was in Friends Forever #2, for example, I'm not convinced.

And still, I don't see Celestia liking a "gray area" dude.

Unless she had something with him BEFORE he started doing his chaos thing.

I haven't read the comics yet. The gray area thing is one of the problems I see in Dislestia also. As for Discord and Celestias childhood, We don't know anything about it so I try not to make too many guesses, although it is something to think about.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well then, time to revive this. Perfect timing for a song.

Honestly these two are my headcanon because Discord's devilish polar opposite seems to go really well with an angellic Celestia, due to it being a forbidden angel/demon love trope. Discord reminds me of the Phantom from the Phantom of the Opera musical; talented (He has insanely powerful magic), intelligent (He technically knows the end results of his actions in spite of the fact his actions seem random), and where his appearance has led to his isolation from everyone else.

Honestly I think Celestia could be attracted because even with opposite personalities, they're both immortal and have probably influenced one another during those long decades.

Especially upon hearing that Discord and Celestia will be in this season's finale, I totally endorse this ship if something really happens in this show.

Unfortunately I don't like the Fluttercord ship because I felt that Fluttershy's way of befriending Discord is much more forced. How? Well for starters, Discord didn't really have a choice after getting out of stone, and had to make friends, and in this case Fluttershy. But what really gets me is that it's an oldish immortal dude paired with a teenager is really creepy (Think of that one Stephanie Meyer series that shames book horse's name).

Wow I'm posting way too much, but as a Nicole Oliver endorsed ship, Dislestia all the way!

DisLestia?  Really?  That was the best they could come up with?

I actually like the idea of Discord and Celestia getting together.  Some of the staff have admitted to liking the idea as well, so it might actually happen...

• 3 weeks later...

I find Fluttercord to be more cute and Fluttershy seem to be only one that appreciate his jokes like when he transform into alicorn Discord

Dislestia is also OK since it would somehow develop her character

She's with Sombra together.

Dislestia is hereby from the official way dead.

Only in comics, until show reference comics at least once then its a different universe

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

I prefer Fluttercord. It just fits better than Dislestia. And the season 4 finale made me ship Fluttershy and Discord even more *squee* I mean, Discord practycally said, that Fluttershy is worth more than all the magic in the world, including his own. I just watched that part over and over again and every time, I went 'D'awww'. It's just so adorable :3

Edited by cattoy10
  • Brohoof 1

Another reason folks ship Dis & Tia is because both are long lived/immortal. Celestia has no-one but her sister and her pheonix to really relate to on this matter.