Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Do you have any headcanons/theories?

Odyssey

Pinkie is not an Apple. I don’t care if Goldie Delicious have similar personalities, manes and the fact that they have amazing Jenga skills, I’m just unsupportive of this sudden event.

Chimeras are the ancestors of draconequuses. This also justifies why chimeras can talk.

Well I kind of support the Pinkie being related to AJ because in the original version of giggle at the ghosties it was a AJ Pinkie duet. In the song they both refer to the same "Granny" but whether it was Smith or Pie was never specified. So they could have been related originally and this episode is just a tie in to that idea.

*takes chimera head canon*

Oh hi officer I'm not stealing head canons or anything...

A few of my own head canons:

• Sombra is still alive, just bidding his time.
  • Chrysalis isn't queen of all the changelings, just a single swarm.
  • True Alicorns are hermaphrodites (Cadence and Twilight are out of this).
  • All ponies contain magic and it is just transmited through different organs/places depending on race.
  • All ponies can transmit an aura that can hold objects that are touching their hooves. The also can protrude tiny little bits of aura upon an exact point, but it takes a lot of skill. thus answering:How does pony do this,

post-807-0-00189800-1328246392.png

• Brohoof 1

Well not really. But I did once have a jokeish headcanon of Flim and Flam being related to the apples as like cousins or something. I never really took it seriously though.

But most of the headcanons here are pretty awesome.

I've had a few thoughts:

1. Discord, the "draconequus", is precisely that, the offspring of a dragon and a pony (in my view, a unicorn). He was bullied as a child by other ponies, but because of his heritage his magic came in at a young age, very quickly and very powerfully. He decided that he didn't need to listen to bullying ponies any more (including his parents) and used his magic to torment ponies for his own amusement instead. His appearance is not his natural form, but one of his own choosing, reflecting his personality.

2. Celestia and Luna are the only immortal ponies and they were made that way by Discord. While trying to find a way to defeat Discord they attempted to get as close to him as possible. Discord saw them as his favourite victims. He made them an offer they couldn't refuse - immortality - to avoid being discarded, mostly so that he could enjoy tormenting them longer. They agreed to try and win his trust (as much as he gave it) and thus get close enough to stop him once they found the Elements of Harmony. Unfortunately, because they willingly agreed to have the spell cast on them, that magic did not get reversed when Discord was turned to stone, the way the rest of his mischief was, and they thus remain alive to this day.

3. Applejack was the most profoundly affected by her parents' deaths. Going to Manehattan to live with her aunt and uncle was her attempt to run away from her feelings and start over.

• Brohoof 1

@@Scootalove,Yea thing is i don't know where to look for... and another thing? There was a writting centre here but i've gotten few responses. 

It depends on what site you write your fan fictions on.

@@Scootalove,In the meantime feel free to send me a pm. Oh and just to stay in topic i believe the changelings were supposed to be guardians on this world but they got corrupted by the very same enemy they tried to beat. They had an Alicorn King and Queen named Proteus and Metis and had in their possesion similar artifacts to the Elements of Harmony called "Flames of Balance". 

@@Scootalove,In the meantime feel free to send me a pm. Oh and just to stay in topic i believe the changelings were supposed to be guardians on this world but they got corrupted by the very same enemy they tried to beat. They had an Alicorn King and Queen named Proteus and Metis and had in their possesion similar artifacts to the Elements of Harmony called "Flames of Balance". 

Okay! That could be possible, they should really be expanded more.

@@Scootalove, Yes indeed. One more thing... i think the reason the changelings have survived so much hidden is because they can partially feed upon the emotions created by... singing. Every changeling knows a song whether it be rythmic or melodic. It is a substitute but not a complete cure for what they have.  

@@Scootalove, Yes indeed. One more thing... i think the reason the changelings have survived so much hidden is because they can partially feed upon the emotions created by... singing. Every changeling knows a song whether it be rythmic or melodic. It is a substitute but not a complete cure for what they have.  

Interesting. I thought so too, or they could find other methods of creating emotions.

@@Scootalove,Creating? No.. generating? yes... Plus one more thing. Every changeling ascends in ranks according to the mental prowess it has regardless of the strength it takes. Every changeling that leads needs to be capable of handling the simultanious communication of the changelings it commands. That's why the chain of command is almost never question and few coups happen. 

@@Scootalove,Creating? No.. generating? yes... Plus one more thing. Every changeling ascends in ranks according to the mental prowess it has regardless of the strength it takes. Every changeling that leads needs to be capable of handling the simultanious communication of the changelings it commands. That's why the chain of command is almost never question and few coups happen. 

Oh I get it. If only headcanons could come to life, I guess let the imagination conquer.

@@Scootalove,Heheheh... I believe changelings build up those links and don't have them defacto. The links that exist from the beggining are the bonds of blood but they can also be torn should things happen. However few times do stuff like that happen because... changelings like company. Changelings build those bonds with friends... and when they meet their other half... when they fall in love... They make light cuts in their front hooves and join together those hooves as the blood links them both body, mind, and soul.  

My headcannons are both about Discord.

In one, he's an actual extension of the Q we saw in Star Trek, like a self-insert daydream.  Letting ponies defeat him is part of the game.

In the other, dragonequeses actually have twelve limbs not including the head and tail, four horns, and act much more balanced than Discord.  Discord dispensed with the extra limbs either so he wouldn't cause ponies to go mad, or it takes concentration to keep track of them all.

I leave the forum for one day and everypony goes crazy, like in a Cheese Sandwich party.

-Firefly is Rainbow Dash's mother.

General Firefly was the founder of the Wonderbolts, way back in the first year of celestial peace.  That was 1,000 years ago.

-Spitfire and Soarin are in a relationship.

Discord is Star Swirl the Bearded.

That is the only head canon which matters.

Unfortunately, it has been disproven.  In the comics, Star Swirl the Bearded and Princess Celestia are talking about how distant Princess Luna was.  This flashback was clearly part of the events leading up to the rise of Nightmare Moon, after Discord was defeated.

183797__safe_animated_sunglasses_wonderb

Sombra is still alive, just bidding his time.

Oh, you're going to love the fanfic I plan on releasing in June...

True Alicorns are hermaphrodites (Cadence and Twilight are out of this).

The proper way to refer to a hermaphrodite is to use masculine words.  Celestia and Luna are referred to as female, thus cannot be hermaphrodites.  Besides, my waifu can't be a hermaphrodite.  That would just be to weird.

All ponies can transmit an aura that can hold objects that are touching their hooves. The also can protrude tiny little bits of aura upon an exact point, but it takes a lot of skill.

It's called "tactile telekinesis".  Thank you, Superboy.

Applejack was the most profoundly affected by her parents' deaths. Going to Manehattan to live with her aunt and uncle was her attempt to run away from her feelings and start over.

Mind_Blown.jpg

• Brohoof 2

General Firefly was the founder of the Wonderbolts, way back in the first year of celestial peace. That was 1,000 years ago.

Names can get reused, especially when made popular by someone famous.

Unfortunately, it has been disproven. In the comics,

The comics aren't canon...

post-3492-0-47408500-1398890632_thumb.jpg

Hmm... Headcanon eh?

-Star Swirl The Bearded isn't dead, he was corrupted by a similar artifact like the Inspiration Manifestation, but a lot more powerful that he can escape banishment form the moon. Thus Celestia sent him to Tartarus. I presume that in Tartarus, it was timeless, thus SSTB is still alive.

- Trixie's past, look at the last chapter of the Turnabout: Storm. The headcanon is all in there.