Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Big Mac-centred episode

ggg-2

Lauren said a big macintosh centered episode was pitched to Hasbro,  but was turned down. why do you think it was turned down? has a reason ever been stated?

Because he's not a major character.

I love Big Mac but can't really see an episode being centered around him. And it wouldn't be fair to give him his own episode when few or none of the other secondary characters are getting episodes.

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 2

I think it would be an excellent idea to have an episode based around Big Mac, or a new male, maybe showing a side of femininity, like on the CMC school paper episode "Big Mac, what is he hiding", thing, I think it would directly touch base with the brony community, and it would be about accepting self interests and what not.

Maybe they don't want him to say something else than "Eeyup" and "Nope".

Because an episode centered on a character who can only say Yes and No is maybe hard to make.

• Brohoof 1

He's more of a backround character. He's just there for comical effect and helping out with stuff. We did have one episode with the love poison but thats the most it will get I think. And a episode of "Eeyup" and "Nope" would not be very super.

They could do an entire Big Mac episode, where they find out all sorts of things they didn't know about him and talk about him constantly, despite him never appearing in the episode until the end. If any of you have seen the Deep Space Nine episode "Who Mourns for Morn?", think of that.

Background characters are doomed to never recieve episodes about them, period, for the most part; the closest one gets is the Snowflake situation in Rainbow Falls, where a character is chosen to be a centerpiece character throughout the episode. But even then, it's not about them. They just get bumped from 'BG pony' status to 'supporting/secondary character' status for that episode.

Big Mac has been overdue for an episode for a while now, especially considering how he's a pretty big supporting character and how much he shows up. I mean I'm pretty sure even Granny Smith got an episode(Family Appreciation Day counts right?)

Big Mac has been overdue for an episode for a while now, especially considering how he's a pretty big supporting character and how much he shows up. I mean I'm pretty sure even Granny Smith got an episode(Family Appreciation Day counts right?)

That episode was mostly about Applejack.

I think an episode based on Big Mac would be really cool, as he is very underappreciated as a character on the show... it'd be nice to give him some character development. They probably turned it down because he's not a major character, like others have stated... sadly. :(

Big Mac is one of my favourite characters but I personally think that centering him as the main pony in an episode would be unfair. Hasn't he appeared in alot of episodes in the past few seasons especially around the Apple family? The writers may have lost interest and couldn't think of a valid story evolved for him.

• Brohoof 1

I love big Mac. He is probably my favorite side character. He is so funny! Yup. Nope. It gets me every time. My friend says yup and nope like him and I would love an episode centered around him. Hasbro probably thought big Mac wasn't as likeable as they think and they didn't wanta full episode about him. But ooooo its okay to make multiple spike episodes. Ugh. Bring on the big Mac!

I'd think it was put down because it would confuse the little ones. They would tune in to watch their favorite pastel colored ponies only to discover this week's episode was all about a red pony they've seen once or twice. If I was six or seven, I'd be upset.

I would really love to see a Big Macintosh episode. He could use smoke more development.

• Brohoof 1

I would really love to see a Big Macintosh episode. He could use smoke more development.
I would love to see Big Mac get some character development, but I don't want an episode centered around him. If the writers did that, it would be a one time deal, and any development that happened probably wouldn't be used. I think he should be developed in the background, mentions by other characters, more involvement, especially in Apple family episodes. Rather than him having an episode and being forgotten again, I would rather see an evolution from a background character into a recurring secondary character.
  • Brohoof 1