Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How will humanity end?

Celestial Wish

From natural disasters possibly wiping out the human race to fiscal cliffs desegregating and causing an upscale anarchic war... and forces outside of our control (meteors, solar flares), I've always wondered how exactly we're going to go down as a whole.

Being a huge video game geek, I always try to contemplate on the possibility of video game realistic situations that could occur in our reality.

For example, one of my favorite games of all time being The Last of Us. That reality is not as unrealistic as people think...

Could this truly happen in our future?

Edited by Celestial Wish
  • Brohoof 4

I think that we will lead to our own demise, but it could be anything scientific that could be an alternative. Either nuclear warfare or the sun dying could be what happens to us.

Edited by Scootalove
  • Brohoof 3

Well, the sun dying is always a good guess, although we could have developed very advanced interstellar technology by that point. Climate change might get a bit nasty, but I doubt that it will lead to extinction. So my proposals are these:

Likely: Nuclear warfare. (Can we really trust humans with those things?)

Somewhat likely: A deadly virus or bacteria evolves to adapt to current medicines and spreads worldwide due to advanced transportation. 

Not as likely: A meteor crashes and kills us the same way it may have killed off the dinosaurs. 

Of course, I'm no expert, and nature is so unpredictable...

EDIT: "You know things are bad when not even Madagascar is safe." Plague Inc. Reference?

Edited by King Ghidora
  • Brohoof 3

Assuming we don't spread out from Earth, an ecological change, such as a new microbe strain or climate shift, would wipe out humans not adapted for the change.

From natural disasters possibly wiping out the human race to fiscal cliffs desegregating and causing an upscale anarchic war... and forces outside of our control (meteors, solar flares), I've always wondered how exactly we're going to go down as a whole.

Being a huge video game geek, I always try to contemplate on the possibility of video game realistic situations that could occur in our reality.

For example, one of my favorite games of all time being The Last of Us. That reality is not as unrealistic as people think...

Could this truly happen in our future?

I couldn't help but read your intro in a dramatic voice.

• Brohoof 1

Assuming we don't spread out from Earth, an ecological change, such as a new microbe strain or climate shift, would wipe out humans not adapted for the change.

I couldn't help but read your intro in a dramatic voice.

Haha, I do that sometimes. I'm a writer so I tend to be dramatic sounding sometimes XD

• Brohoof 1

You know, I could give a good suggestion as to what a likely scenario would be to cause humanity's demise, which could seriously ruin your day for perhaps weeks to come but I choose not to.

See, if we are to lead ourselves out of the insanity that's going to kill us, we would do well to do our best, output as much as we can and push for change. The very last thing our species needs is the epidemic of a meme that gets us all to want to just roll over and die.

In case anyone doubted my previous post:

I don't have to be able to speak Russian to understand. Truly horrifying. Why do these have to exist?

Never heard of him but I guess just you mentioning him is a good reason not to go anywhere near that name.

Well, that sums it up. I could never go into marketing.

• Brohoof 1

And all consuming parasite from the stars. Controlled by an intelligence so vast, it has outsmarted the gods.

GRAB ALL THE CRYTUM BOOKS TIME TO READ HISTORY YO

Probably sub exploding, but I'd doubt that humans wouldn't have FTL capabilities. Personally I'd like to go out...with a bang. Exploding something. With a laser.

GRAB ALL THE CRYTUM BOOKS TIME TO READ HISTORY YO

Probably sub exploding, but I'd doubt that humans wouldn't have FTL capabilities. Personally I'd like to go out...with a bang. Exploding something. With a laser.

If we didn't have FTL the flood would consume all of humanity in about 3 days.

If we didn't have FTL the flood would consume all of humanity in about 3 days.

I give us a solid 3 hours, to be honest.

SHIVA the place and live on the moon :3?

I give us a solid 3 hours, to be honest.

SHIVA the place and live on the moon :3?

Depends on what tech the flood brought with them. If they rode into town on a Dreadnought, those SHIVA's aren't gunna do shit.

Well, someone prophesied that in 60 years, the Earth will orbit into the sun. And most of us are on our last incarnation. Also, after the Earth is destroyed, Mars will become the new Earth, and the people there will call it Earth, just like this planet.

Depends on what tech the flood brought with them. If they rode into town on a Dreadnought, those SHIVA's aren't gunna do shit.

Well, if Sins Of The Prophets is to be believed, UNSC spamming works :D!

OT: I thought if something else. We could actually overpopulate to death. I love this option now.

OT: I thought if something else. We could actually overpopulate to death. I love this option now.

It won't work if the flood brought Bias with them. Then our machines be hacked, and our weapons useless.

and I vote for being ponied to death.

Actually, the entire population of the USA can fit comfortably in Texas.
  • Brohoof 2

Humanity will die when all the resources have been taken up and all the oxygen unable to breathe. (Probably in around 200 years.)

The earth will obviously die in a fiery inferno when the sun becomes a red giant and engulfs all the terrestrial planets in flames