Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite Smells

Dattebayo

3. Petrichor, which is the smell of the air after rain.

2. Ocean, I really like the smell of a sea breeze

1. My Plushie :3 Nothing beats the smell of being home and with my beloved Lucy <3

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I like the smell of the air when a rainstorm is coming, the smell of chocolate chip cookies baking,Pizza, Cinnamon pine cones  (like the ones you can buy at Christmas), Kinda like the smell of gasoline, the smell of a barbecue, the smell of apple pie, peppermint, and coffee!

Edited by SixShooterOutlaw
  • Brohoof 1

As strange as it may sound: Sunscreen.

It isn't so much the scent itself. It smell is pleasant on its own, but its the positive jolt of energy that I receive when I smell sunscreen is the main reason I enjoy it. My whole life I've suffered from social anxiety and other issues, which has caused me to shut myself away for very extended periods of time (sometimes lasting nearly a full year). For various reasons, I've always despised summer (which, in effect, tends to give me a case of seasonal depression), but there are two things I like about it - Swimming and especially amusement parks. I'd rarely get out in the summer, but in the couple times I would, I'd probably be going to a theme park or going swimming, and the smell of sunscreen instantly connects me to those memories. Memories of freedom from anxiety, even if for a short period. It's a lovely, yet nostalgic feeling.

• 4 years later...

A fresh pizza is intoxicating. Since I tend to walk uptown to get them, I usually take a small smell of it before I leave the store, for motivational purposes. :D Another thing I adore is the general smell of the Autumn season. The leaves, the more crip air, it lets me know I am now in the start of my most favorite times of the year, that being Autumn and Winter.  I tend to enjoy the scent of grocery stores, it is always so distinct.

Scented candles are the BEST. Apple Cinnamon is the ruling leader right now, but I also appreciate a nice strawberry or cherry scent, as well as vanilla or coconut.

Just vanilla in general, actually. Anything vanilla. :p

• 3 years later...

There would be a long list for me. One example would be the smell of lilac :> Always liked it. My parents had two lilac trees when I was a child

4 hours ago, Starlightnyars said:

New book or car smell are what do it for me. 

If only I could jump into a Toyota:devious:  

1 hour ago, Luna the Great of all the Russias said:

I agree with the smell of books provided that the book does not smell like cigarettes.

I will mention freshly made coffee.

Barnes & Noble:pinkie: bookstores have both:BrightMacContent: