S04:E25+26 - Twilight's Kingdom  

702 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

We don't know, no moderator/administrator has created a topic in the season 4 discussion yet.

It's coming. Be patient, my friends. ^^

• Brohoof 1

This season finale....was AWESOME! :squee::yay:

There was drama, suspense, action, darkness and humour. It was perfect.

Watching this finale unfold was epic. I was on the edge of my seat for most of it. I laughed, I cried,  and a few "Holy fuck" moments. This is one I will definitely re watch a few times...

Discord was epic, as always. When he first appeared, floating in like Mary Poppins, that was priceless. He was really helpful this episode, he reminded the mane 6 of their journal,which led to  and stuff.When he was  talking with Tirek, and he said "it's mostly for Fluttershy"  it was just awesome. Not to mention when Fluttershy asked if they were still on for tea, and Discord said "I wouldn't miss it for the world"....It really shows how close Discord and Fluttershy really are. When he betrayed Fluttershy and the rest of the mane 6, holy hell. I was NOT expecting that. When Fluttershy said "I didn't I really didn't" that killed me. Fluttershy cried, I cried. :( But when he himself got betrayed by Tirek, he realized just how important Fluttershy and the rest of the mane 6 really was to him. He even apologized to Fluttershy for doing what he did. In the end he showed that he truly cared for Fluttershy, and the rest of the mane 6. But Discord and Fluttershy are still best friends.  I hope to see more of Discord in Season 5. :squee:

Twilight was pretty epic. Taking on all that magic? Damn. she was literally twitching. Then realized she had to raise the sun. lol. That was priceless. Her epic battle with Tirek, was AWESOME. Like. Super Saiyan/Dragonball Z Epic. Shit was getting destroyed, her library exploded....carnage was had. It was dark, it was epic. :squee:

Tirek...holy hell. this guy was pure evil. He sucekd everypony of their magic dry.He didn't regret it, he ENJOYED it. He's just a pure badass villain. He felt no remorse when he held ponies up, drained tehir magic/ power and tossed them aside like an empty soda can. He was a bonafide Badass. And that sun thing in between his horns, it reminded me of Hell Boy.

This episode also emphasized just how much the characters have changed over time. That's a good thing.

Also, ALICORN BLANK FLANKS!! :blush:

I give this episode a 15/10 It's definitely my fave season finale yet. :squee:

• Brohoof 5

We'll at least this pretty much lets us know that we have a few seasons ahead of us, I'm gonna guess a guaranteed 4 more. You don't just pull a castle or palace or a library fit for a princess out of the ground and give it one more season and that's all she wrote. I won't worry to much about that I will just worry about enjoying the wonderful ponies.

• Tirek was almost horrifying, and I'm too old to be scared by cartoons. His power to take a pony's magic, flight, and strength gave me chills. The fact that he was able to manipulate Discord says a lot, really. Oh my gosh, and when he turned into his mega-powerful form, I gave a loud gasp.  I never saw Generation I, but if Tirek was always this amazing, I might give it a shot.

I did and to my even greater surprise than becoming a fan of G4 I became a G1 fan, him the Smooze and Grogar are the best G1 villains. Tirek actually threatened to decapitate Spike not once but twice in G1. There are some differences in G1 though, his weapon in G1 was the rainbow of darkness and his chariot which he used ponies who he turned into dragons to pull and his goal was to bring in the "night that never ends" making him one of the inspirations for Nightmare Moon. His voice is a lot deeper in G1, if anything G4 Tireks voice reminds me of Grogars voice. If this is what the staff can do for Tirek I would love to see what they would do with Grogar. Grogar was a former unicorn who got corrupted by dark magic and turned into a goat like monster and was a possible inspiration for King Sombra.

• Brohoof 2

I'm still a bit overwhelmed :o Unfortunately I did such a good job avoiding spoilers for this episode, I avoided finding out that it was starting half an hour early, so I had to wait for youtube.

So many princesses! Singing! Twilestia hugs!

post-9686-0-52605500-1399749125_thumb.jpg

Although it kinda sounded like they were just singing dialog :P And could be summed up as

Twilight: You're all more important than meeee :(

Others: Chill, you're still young.

I thought Cadence could have done more to comfort Twilight though, considering that she went for many years before her chance to snag a country came along :lol:

Celestia and Luna having dream visions is awesome.

Referencing all the way back to It's About Time is also awesome. I've been hoping they'd expand the lore surrounding Tartarus :D I hope we get to meet Scorpan at some point, too.

And Twilight taking on the magic of all 4 princesses was SO AWESOME :wub: I wish her hair would have stayed sparkly and wavy just while walking around, but at least we got to see it for a little bit. I wonder if Celestia and Luna suppress their wavy hair if they want to.

I also loved the bit of Twilight needing to lower the moon and raise the sun. Proof that they really don't move on their own (no alicorn conspiracy), and the fact that they can be moved so quickly without causing major gravitational destruction means that either Twilight is taking the entire earth and everything on it in her magic, and rotating it all evenly so no force is felt, or that the sun is much less massive than the earth. And the moon is less massive than the real life moon, because moving that suddenly would probably kill us all as well.

The battle with Tirek was quite epic. I'm actually a little bit afraid of Twilight turning evil at some point. She was so quick to go into direct combat rather than trying to find a non-violent solution to the problem (such as getting her precious magic-bottle of a self far, far away from Tirek >_>)

And finally, the mystery box is open! AND IT WAS A SEED! I can't believe I didn't realize it the minute I saw a picture of Twilight's new castle, styled very much like the ToH. The box even came from a flower. The Rainbow Power effect was merely an excess of harmony power from its sprouting. IT ALL MAKES SENSE! I totally made a Sudden Clarity Sweetie Belle meme for this :lol:

post-9686-0-94779500-1399752269_thumb.jpg

And I love the tree-castle design. Actually more reminiscent of the Crystal Empire than Celestia's castles (old and new). I wonder if that has any significance? I also feel like the 8-pointed star theme has symbolic significance compared to the 6 pointed star of friendship. Will two new elements be discovered? Are Spike and Discord the bearers? I love that Spike has a throne. Finally some recognition for the little guy!

• Brohoof 4

THAT FIGHT SCENE!

Seriously though, who would have thought something like THAT would be in a "little girl's" cartoon? That was awesome!

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

THAT FIGHT SCENE!

Seriously though, who would have thought something like THAT would be in a "little girl's" cartoon? That was awesome!

And to think they weren't even allowed to have Twilight punch him in the face (according to Meghan's Twitter)

Edited by ChikoritaBrony
  • Brohoof 2

And to think they weren't even allowed to have Twilight punch him in the face (according to Meghan's Twitter)

Yeah I read that too, that's completely ridiculous...
  • Brohoof 1

Stealing @Sterling Crimson's idea to really prove the epicness of this fight...

As soon as it hits 0:01, start this one

It lines up so well, they should have used Solaris's theme as the official background music  :lol:

(OT that was the only thing Sonic 06 did right)

I started playing this as soon as the fight happened.

And seeing how Twlight's journey is done for the most part now, what do you think the show will do next? Other than a few loose ends, and a couple of things to wrap up the journey of the mane 6 is done. They have grown from people living in a small hamlet, to a group of friends that now tasks out to spread peace and friendship throughout their world. I just hope they don't drop the ball on next season.

• Brohoof 1

LOL. I was in the middle of a class about gastric surgery, taking notes with my iPad when I got a notification for this tweet.

I was like "WTF??" My focus was gone.

It's a shame. I think I would have loved to see Twilight punching Tirek.  ^_^

• Brohoof 2

I guess this episode exceeded the TV-Y rating threshold by far. This was WAAAY more violent than The Powerpuff Girls, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and all those superhero shows that have a Y7 rating... :o

Nah, there's blood in the Powerpuff Girls.

The fight scene between Twilight and Tirek wasn't that violent.

It's already available to stream at hubnetwork.com

Only available in the United States...

Wow, that's all I really have to say about this, WOW. I was literally on the edge of my seat the entire time.  I really enjoyed this episode from start to finish. And when Fluttershy cried I had to cry a little myself. Especially when Discord the one who screwed the Ponies over, got screwed over himself and realized just how much, Fluttershy and the others mean to him and he said the same thing Fluttershy said. I really wanna see a Discord throne now at that castle.  ;)

The whole episode just ROCKED. Like really, I don't get THIS excited often for MLP episodes but this one.....man. What a way to knock it out of the park, Meghan McCarty <3

• Brohoof 1

Sorry we didn't make an episode thread, guys. Thankfully, Doctor XFizzle saved the day. I've moved this topic to the season 4 subsection, edited it to match the template we use for episode threads, and added a poll.

I'll post my thoughts about the finale later, just wanted to let you guys know what happened.

The poll? Where's the poll?

EDIT: Oh there it is.

Just added it. I always forget it >_>

• Brohoof 1

I thought Discord was more reformed than he was, and that he was just rusing Tirek. I had it in my head that his intentions were good, but that he wasn't averse to pragmatic, or otherwise convoluted/trollsy/discordy ways of getting there.

But then he actually betrayed the ponies outright, and that makes me a sad panda. I guess I had him figured for more of a Jack Sparrow type.

• Brohoof 3

And seeing how Twlight's journey is done for the most part now, what do you think the show will do next? Other than a few loose ends, and a couple of things to wrap up the journey of the mane 6 is done. They have grown from people living in a small hamlet, to a group of friends that now tasks out to spread peace and friendship throughout their world. I just hope they don't drop the ball on next season.

Sunset Shimmer returns to Equestria and starts writing friendship letters to the Mane 6, and has zany adventures with the Cutie Mark Crusaders.  Search your feelings, you know it's what we all want.