S04:E25+26 - Twilight's Kingdom  

701 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

That's just my preliminary thoughts, for now, until someone makes that official thread anyway... :wacko:

Yeah...What happened this time?

No Mod/Admin has made the official thread this time :huh:

You're a mod,so...Do you know what happened?

the real question is what are they going to do with season 5? it seems to me that twilight has yet again completed a story ark. how do you suppose they will handle some of the others getting their dream come true or will they the cmc getting their cutie marks would not cause to may problems,  but rarity's and Rainbow dash's dreams it would seem would take them mostly out of the show. applejack' and pinkie are kind of living their dream as far as I can tell. and what would fluttershy's dream be? something to do with animals no doubt.

Hasbro is full of ideas, I'm sure that just because there doesn't really seem to be anything left for them to do, doesn't mean it's over yet! We still have 4 season left! ^^

Now to start making "#MLPSeason5" a thing on Twitter. ^^

Why is there no official topic for this episode yet???

It's coming, give it time. ^^

I wonder what would have happened if Tirek didn't betray Discord and take away his magic. Ironically, I think Tirek would of had a better shot of winning if he kept Discord by his side. I say "ironically" since Tirek seemed to think that dumping Discord was the better move. Think about it. Discord would of still had the key Twilight needed to obtain. Discord would still have been gung-ho about helping Tirek and offer his "chaotic services". Tirek would have still been able to take Twilight's alicorn magic with the same deal: "friends for alicorn magic". Tirek would have taken over Equestria. Discord would have let it happen. Tirek would still have been powerful enough to squash Discord later if he decided to go "all chaos" in a way that brought a threat to Tirek's power. Tirek is clearly one of the brighter characters on the show, but I think that turning his back on Discord was perhaps the dumbest move he made.

it is also a common mistake made by greedy villains.

• Brohoof 2

Well they saved the best episode of the season for the finale.

1. Discord does betray (and given a true redemption)
2. Awesome badass new villain
3. New songs (pretty decent ones)
4. Elements keybox
5. Epic battle
6. Background pony cameos
7. Alluding to new and old Equestria locations
8. Not permanently changing the mane 6 appearance (as feared) to sell toys
9. Treehouse destroyed, New castle
10. Twilight finally given a role and a duty

The pacing was excellent for a change so it didn't feel rushed or padded. I dunno, this is likely going in my top 5.

• Brohoof 1

Alright, here is the one thing that really bugged me: Princess Celestia's plan to transfer their power to Twilight was an awful, awful plan. It all basically hinged on Tirek not knowing about Twilight. But he was working with Discord who is obviously already aware that Twilight is an alicorn princess.

So it was doomed from the start.

I think it was the only thing she could think of and like with Luke Skywalker doing the opposite thing was required. He was supposed to kill Vader but chose the better way of not killing his father. Likewise Twilight was supposed to defeat Tirek but to win she had to first give in.

What irks me is how easily the Mane6 forgave Discord after he betrayed them like that. I still don't trust him.  >_>

It just comes to show you that Friendship truly is Magic. I'm sure we'll hear more about that situation when Season 5 comes out. ^^

8. Not permanently changing the mane 6 appearance (as feared) to sell toys

Were there people who actually thought that would happen? ^^"

Apparently #MLPSeasonFinale was trending on Twitter, probably due to my hour long non-stop constant tweets about it xD and of course, others who were doing live-tweets during the finale! I hate I didn't get to see it, though. ^^"

Did anyone get a screenshot of it, by the way?

I just hope when they do make an official topic, they just do it off of this one, since it's already so far in anyway.

So, one thing I will say (I've been keeping my mouth shut because I was able to watch this two days ago), is I really like the idea that they didn't actually KILL Tirek.  They just re-sealed him again.  Though he was in Tartatus (again, Hell) to begin with, so I guess technically he had already been killed before.

I'll be more detailed later (probably in a separate topic again) once I re-watch the finale and get my thoughts organized.  But suffice it to say, I liked it for the most part (save for one thing, but I'll get to that when I go into more detail).

I think it was the only thing she could think of and like with Luke Skywalker doing the opposite thing was required. He was supposed to kill Vader but chose the better way of not killing his father. Likewise Twilight was supposed to defeat Tirek but to win she had to first give in.

It worked out in the end, but my point is that Celestia already knew that Discord had betrayed them and was working with Tirek, and that Discord knew about Twilight.

So her plan didn't make any sense.

• Brohoof 1

Hasbro is full of ideas, I'm sure that just because there doesn't really seem to be anything left for them to do, doesn't mean it's over yet! We still have 4 season left! ^^ Now to start making "#MLPSeason5" a thing on Twitter. ^^

the Mlp writing staff I am shure will come up with stories for a while the question really which way will they go! aside from a few loose ends that if get tied up might take some of the main six out of the picture its pretty much a clean slate to start with. so pretty much anything is possible. and I am very glad one possible ending didn't come to pass! ( I would say in a spoiler box but I keep forgetting out to make the darn things. to end this post I am hopeful for season 5 and beyond. O one last scary thought what if the entire season 4 had a secondary Discord redemption story line going?

So, one thing I will say (I've been keeping my mouth shut because I was able to watch this two days ago), is I really like the idea that they didn't actually KILL Tirek.  They just re-sealed him again.  Though he was in Tartatus (again, Hell) to begin with, so I guess technically he had already been killed before.

Well, something like that would bring up the possibility of seeing Tirek again. But we have to keep in mind that when he escaped, he wasn't being gaurded. Now that he is again, he can't restore his power and try to take over. Unless, of course, he somehow becomes unguarded once again. ^^"

I just got done watching the finale. Words can't describe how awesome it was. I haven't smiled this much in a long time.

Oh man! I'm fanboying so hard right now! 

That feeling is known too well. ^^ It was certainly an amazing episode, without a doubt. ^^

(edited)

It worked out in the end, but my point is that Celestia already knew that Discord had betrayed them and was working with Tirek, and that Discord knew about Twilight.

So her plan didn't make any sense.

Let's face it. Celestia is officially worse ruler if you look at her single decisions.....

BUT

I know she'd likely say that in her wisdom she planned out to have a stronger bond with Discord by having him TRULY understand the power of friendship (something he didn't REALLY understand before) by betraying, failing, and redemption. Likewise it was destined that Twilight be one who to take down Tirek, unite the princesses, and take her true role as a princess of Ponyville. That doesn't mean that it doesn't look like a poor decision at every turn for not having Twi snatch up Tirek in the first place. But if she HAD then none of these latter things (including unlocking the elements box) could have occurred. In the outcome she created a much larger battle but won the war and set up much more things for season 5.

Edited by Freewave

(edited)

Well, something like that would bring up the possibility of seeing Tirek again. But we have to keep in mind that when he escaped, he wasn't being gaurded. Now that he is again, he can't restore his power and try to take over. Unless, of course, he somehow becomes unguarded once again. ^^"

Or if he has outside help.  Remember, there are still plenty of bad guys left for the show to explore.  We still have the Horn of Sombra floating out there waiting for some foolish character to pick it up, we still have Trixie, who though not evil, hasn't done anything idiotic for awhile, and we still have the Nightmare Queen/Lord who's presence was only hinted at in the beginning of Season 4.  And that's only the ones we know of.  They might create new baddies for the upcoming season.

Edited by SBaby

Or if he has outside help.  Remember, there are still plenty of bad guys left for the show to explore.  We still have the Horn of Sombra floating out there waiting for some foolish character to pick it up, we still have Trixie, who though not evil, hasn't done anything idiotic for awhile, and we still have the Nightmare Queen/Lord who's presence was only hinted at in the beginning of Season 4. 

That is true, but I don't think even Trixie would want to help out Tirek, he's too cruel for even some ponies. Especially since I'm sure she would know what he's capable of. It would be one of those "bad guy releases a worse guy, then bad guy is screwed, bad guy gets good guy to save the day" kind of deals, I would think. But those two possibilities are true! We still know little of what happened with the horn of Sombra, and I actually forgot about the shadow dude.

Alright, here is the one thing that really bugged me: Princess Celestia's plan to transfer their power to Twilight was an awful, awful plan. It all basically hinged on Tirek not knowing about Twilight. But he was working with Discord who is obviously already aware that Twilight is an alicorn princess.

So it was doomed from the start.

There was a better chance of defeating Tirek by combining Twilight's powers with that of the other princesses. Otherwise, he would've picked them off one by one.

That battle was so Dragon Ball Z. I could not believe I was seeing that in a My Little Pony cartoon. xD

• Brohoof 2

That battle was so Dragon Ball Z. I could not believe I was seeing that in a My Little Pony cartoon. xD

Well, since I didn't watch a lot fo DBZ (screw me. :() I didn't get the similarities right away. But, at least I thought of 'OVER NINE-THOUSAND' when they defeated Tirek. :P

What was the point in the ponies renovating the princess sisters' old castle in the Everfree, if Twilight gets her own kingdom in Ponyville?

Who's going to be in the Everfree castle?

What was the point in the ponies renovating the princess sisters' old castle in the Everfree, if Twilight gets her own kingdom in Ponyville?

Maybe it's just something to attract tourists? I dunno.

However, I as very fond of the Princess Kamehameha! ^^

• Brohoof 1

Maybe it's just something to attract tourists? I dunno.

However, I as very fond of the Princess Kamehameha! ^^

But the Everfree forest is dangerous....definitely not something for tourists....

It was never really renovated and I like the new library *ahem* Castle...

It was never really renovated and I like the new library *ahem* Castle...

but it was. The Mane 6 were shown through several episodes going back there and sprucing it up, adding new tapestries, ect

so what was the point of all that, if it wasn't utilized, in the end?