S04:E25+26 - Twilight's Kingdom  

701 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

This episode probably surpassed the perfect season 2 final in terms of writing quality and execution. 9000+/10 HYPE TRAIN NOW STOPPING AT PONYVILLE STATION! NEXT HYPE TRAIN FOR SEASON 5, NOW STARTING! :D

• Brohoof 2

Because it was some magical thing that solved the problem for them with no real effort on their part.

No effort? They had to spend an entire year gathering up those damn keys.

• Brohoof 8

(edited)

Yes but they didn't really even try past Castlemania, they taught some people moral lessons, and they coincidentally gave them gifts that became their keys. And then they used the keys and bam, day was saved. It wasn't some challenge they overcame, they were luckily the tools they needed to pull a Deus Ex Machina for managing to convince certain characters to overcome their personal flaws.

Edited by Sir Wulfington

(edited)

My only words about this episode are...

"Impressive...Simply impressive..." :D

The episode on itself was hooking,and it didn't let you go until the end(more or less during the 1st part,my internet shut down,and I smashed the table with a lot of anger :lol: )

The songs were simply great,fitting exactly the situation(Luna singing,OMG),and I'm not going to talk about the fight,with a pure Dragon Ball Z style :D

And the castle...It ended being Twilight's treehouse(i've seen it coming :P) ,and everypony with her own throne(but Discord :( )

But what specially catched my eye at the end was that Dislestia scene with the flowers...Wasn't it curious? :huh:

I'll review that episode later,I swear :3

Edited by Lightwing
  • Brohoof 2

SPOILERSSSSSS

Good.

img-2617055-1-GOOD.jpg

I hope he stays evil forever and is turned back to stone.  :)

nope! he realizes that nothing is more important than friendship and becomes good again

I thought it sucked, another Deus Ex Machina  ending, not much depth to the story (basically nothing happened in the first part). Like, I enjoyed the way Discord was handled, but it was just overall mediocre.

what kind of ending were you really expecting? it was going to be a magic duel in the end with twilight at the head.

and if you paid attention to the series this pull powerful magic out of the box is not a Deus Ex Machina ending as it was built up ocver the entire season.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I think we can officially say that the Tree of Harmony is the MLP equivalent of "God" and the holder of the elements are that "God's" super-powered agents.

Next season, we'll probably find out that there is a Tree of Disharmony and that its agents want to destroy the Tree of Harmony.

Edited by InkyJay

(edited)

OK, here's my quick recap of major thoughts from beginning to end. I'm sure I'm overlooking stuff because there's so much but I'll deal with those items later.

-At first Twilight Sparkle didn't even want to be a princess and wished to continue living as an ordinary pony. Now she suddenly seeks a new princessly sense of purpose? Where did that come from? But it leads into the best song of these two eps so I'm not complaining too much.

-I avoided all the spoilers heading into today's finale. I flipped my wig when I heard the name of the villain!

-Using taunts and mindgames to turn Discord against the ponies? How's that for a taste of your old bad medicine? :P

-Discord betrayed the Mane 6? I should have seen that coming.

-I really loved the way Applejack comforted Fluttershy after Discord turned heel.  :(

-Wow, he can even overpower Discord!? I should have seen that coming too. :o

-The library got blown up? No!

-Wow! Super Saiyan Twilight vs. Tirek wasn't the best fight of the series. It was the greatest MLP...BATTLE...EVER!!!

-So how does a villain break a stalemate? By threatening the hero's loved ones. "Twilight Sparkle, give me the alicorn magic now, or your friends' heads will roll!"  :P

-Twilight already knows this is the key she needs. :comeatus:

-This is very reminiscent of Equestria Girls climax but much more feelsy.

-I still don't understand this new form the Elements of Harmony have taken on. But no matter how you slice it, it's a rainbow and that's the only thing that can beat Tirek.

-Tirek gets to live this time?

-And everypony's cutie marks and attributes are returned with breathtaking ease.

-Yay, it's a brand new McDonalds library! :D

Overall I love this finale. It appears Twilight's physical "kingdom" will be Ponyville itself. But since she is the Princess of Friendship and this is where she learned all of her lessons about it, we should have seen this coming too. :)

Edited by Wingnut
  • Brohoof 2

I guess this episode exceeded the TV-Y rating threshold by far. This was WAAAY more violent than The Powerpuff Girls, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and all those superhero shows that have a Y7 rating... :o

Ghost from Radio Graffiti?  :wacko: That'd probably work, he is a melting pot of friendship.  :lol:

in b4 Ghostie.

I was more talking about our own Ghostfacekiller39, the one true man for Rarity  :D

• Brohoof 2

You know, if season 4 was the final season of the show, I would say that the show has come to a dignified end.

But of course we know that there's going to be a season 5 so it'd be better to say that the season has come to a dignified end XD

Boy, that really was something. LOL Twilight trying to get the sun up was funny.

• Brohoof 1

That song in Part 1 "You'll Play Your Part" was just beautiful and awesome in that ALL the Princesses sang.

Discord arriving as Mary Poppins was the funniest Disney shout-out I've seen this season!

Those who believed that Discord had Twilight's key were right! Like how Coco Pomel learned Generosity from Rarity, The Wonderbolts learned Loyalty from Rainbow Dash, Cheese Sandwich learned Laughter from Pinkie Pie, Seabreeze learned Kindness from Fluttershy, and Sliver Shill learned Honesty from Applejack, Discord has finally learned the Magic of Friendship from Twilight's choice.

What will happen now? Well, I'll happily wait for Season 5

• Brohoof 2

I dont even know where to begin, the action scene was amazing, then the mane six had fucking super forms, the end gave us some cameo appearances, and finally I can prove my point about Discord just looking for friends that he believes understand him. After swapping sides four times now, I think he finally gets it and is here to stay. Twilights Kingdom, builds so many plot devices, I mean, she is now the offical princess of pony ville. I am so excited for next season. OMG, this episode was perfect. We also got a song featuring all of our princesses, I just, I dont even. MLP has hit us with another superb finale, and the magic of friendship is stronger than ever!

what kind of ending were you really expecting? it was going to be a magic duel in the end with twilight at the head.

and if you paid attention to the series this pull powerful magic out of the box is not a Deus Ex Machina ending as it was built up ocver the entire season.

If it solves the problem for them without effort on their part (and no teaching people moral lessons doesn't automatically count) than it's  Deus Ex Machina. They didn't have to have the rainbow power instantly defeat the villain, it could've just given them the power to defeat them but only through their skills and intelligence could they actually use the power to do it, but no, it just magically saved the day.

Overall, I just didn't like the episode. Not much happening for the first half, rushed conflict, and Deus Ex Machina resolution. Exactly what I feared this finale would be.

• Brohoof 2

This episode probably surpassed the perfect season 2 final in terms of writing quality and execution. 9000+/10 HYPE TRAIN NOW STOPPING AT PONYVILLE STATION! NEXT HYPE TRAIN FOR SEASON 5, NOW STARTING! :D

Yeah, no kidding.  I don't think they can top the Season 4 Finale.

Yes but they didn't really even try past Castlemania, they taught some people moral lessons, and they coincidentally gave them gifts that became their keys. And then they used the keys and bam, day was saved. It wasn't some challenge they overcame, they were luckily the tools they needed to pull a Deus Ex Machina for managing to convince certain characters to overcome their personal flaws. Overall, I just didn't like the episode. Not much happening for the first half, rushed conflict, and Deus Ex Machina resolution. Exactly what I feared this finale would be.

Each "lesson" as you call it was in fact a test to see if they were worthy of the powers. just because you don't go marching of into a castle deathtrap dose not mean you were not challenged. this were Personal moral challenges and sometimes they are far harder to do than any beast or trap to overcome! and its not a Deus ex Machina if it was planned from the very beginning.

• Brohoof 3

It was so good!!!

I'm still in hype-mode from it all! xD

I bet I lost like 10 followers on Twitter, I tweeted so much.

That was the BEST season finale of MLP ever!!! Everything was amazing and well done, the songs OMG the songs were so well done and so catchy, the villain holy cow was he terrifying and the way he used Discord and then simply dumped him and called him useless, chilling, Twilight kicked ass in this episode and seeing her go head to head with Lord Tirek was amazing, the rest of the mane 5 were great and seeing them help Twilight to open the chest and then discover what was inside, I knew those items given were the keys and it was great to see that story arc end the way it did. Everything about the finale was amazing, well done and truly memorable, I am excited for Season 5 and can't wait to see more of Twilight and her friends. 10/10!!!!

• Brohoof 1