S04:E25+26 - Twilight's Kingdom  

702 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

so i guess this means that when the ponies get their rainbow power then they are more powerful than all the magic in all of equestria? 

I...... guess so? Man, Celestia needs to take care of that. Her pupil suddenly has (had) the power to overthrow her, Luna, Cadence, and everyone else in Equestria at the same time.

Rewatched this finale recently...

I honestly don't know how they're going to top it, but I hope they do- MLP:FiM doesn't get much better than this. :D

I dont know..... I guess we shall see tomorrow!

This episode was alright and the whole of Season 4 wasn't so bad either but it just doesn't have the magic of the first two seasons that got me hooked on this show. It's almost gotten boring to watch My Little Pony now. Hope the new season is better than this.

I know someone must have already made this shout-out quote, but....

post-15772-0-27796700-1428157084_thumb.png

You Maniac! You blew it up! Banishment! Banishment back to Tartarus

Nigh onto a year later, season 5 hits. Wow. Too bad the MLP movie is slated for 2017, but I guess we can't complain, we get 26 episodes this season.

Have you guys seen the episode(s) yet? If not I'm not gonna ruin it, but OMG twilight is tougher than you'd expect!!

Btw, if anyone can help me, how do I put images into my posts?

• Brohoof 1

The songs are still stuck in my head..."You'll Play Your Part" was too good....

Luna's voice and Cadence's accent. The two best parts of the entire finale for me.

• Brohoof 2

You should have seen my face when I heard Luna sing. I was dumbfounded :3

Luna has the best voice of all.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutley loved this finale! The action, suspence, animation, songs, fllawless!

Twilights emotions throughout this episode, her scene in including discord, ugh I loved it so much!

I really loved Cadence in "Your Time is Coming Soon", she has such a lovely voice and it's by far one of my top songs of the show.

Tirek was such a great villian and ugh I loved Discords development in this too!

So many good things in this finale.

• Brohoof 1

I absolutley loved this finale! The action, suspence, animation, songs, fllawless!

Twilights emotions throughout this episode, her scene in including discord, ugh I loved it so much!

I really loved Cadence in "Your Time is Coming Soon", she has such a lovely voice and it's by far one of my top songs of the show.

Tirek was such a great villian and ugh I loved Discords development in this too!

So many good things in this finale.

I concur. There was so much I loved about this wrap up. The songs (there was more than one) are top of my list. You'll Play Your Part (Your Time is Coming Soon) is one of the most beautiful songs in my opinion. Almost made me cry. Also, epic fight scenes.  ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Celestia: Twilight thinks being a princess has purpose other than to sell toys, now comes the part where we throw our heads back and laugh. Ready?

Luna and Cadance: Ready!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I just finished it. It was definitely one of my favorite finales :)

Tirek actually seemed EVIL and SCARY as a real threat, and just the whole thing was well-done in my opinion. I love how they brought Discord so much into it. 

And funny enough, it aired on my birthday last year :3

AND THOSE FIGHT SCENES, MY GOSH. THE INTENSITIES WERE IN 10 CITIES.

Edited by Joseph Stallion
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just rewatched this today, and I gotta say, I still love it as much as I did when it first came out.

I might say it's even the best (pair of) episode(s) FiM has come out with. We get insights into Equestrian magic, a whole new kind of fight scene, a new layer of depth to Discord's character, a new villain with kickass abilities, and overall just a really cool plot and great characterization.

Honestly, I like it most because of Discord's part in it, which is pretty incredible and made sincere leaps and bounds for his character.

I'm not really one for action sequences, and seeing characters fight doesn't do much for me, but watching Tirek and Twilight was still pretty enjoyable.

I'll be honest, I was always sick of everyone except Fluttershy treating Discord like shit after his reformation. It's necessary to recognize that he's still chaotic and sometimes misery-causing, but instantly suspecting he's the one behind anything going wrong is... well, it's not what friends do. I think Discord trusted/cared for the mane six (sans Fluttershy, who cared equally for him) far more than they did for him, which isn't saying much. The idea that, despite this blatant imbalance, they were still friends didn't sit well with me.

I headcanon that Discord's friendship with Fluttershy was... precocious, if that's the right word; that he had accepted her as a friend before understanding, even subconsciously, what friendship meant. The ideas and values of being a friend grew on him gradually throughout season four, without his realizing.

In abandoning the mane six for Tirek, Discord put genuine trust into someone else, entirely by his own initiative, for the first time. In this way he put forth his true friendship for Tirek.

When Discord was abandoned, he realized what betrayal felt like, and that friends value each other more than pure self-benefit. [Twilight-esque friendship speech.]

Discord's few words after being drained of music are pretty telling. Discord is normally very chatty, so this new silence speaks for him, showing (what I imagine must be) overpowering shame and humility. What makes this episode so great for me is the ability to emphasize with Discord, and the power of those feelings is really neat to experience. I don't know if emphasizing strongly with fictional characters is a weird thing to do? But it helps me enjoy things more, so I do it.

...I still hate Rainbow Power, and "Let the Rainbow Remind You" isn't great either. The mane six's designs at the end of the episode are godawful. I'm usually okay with blatant money grabs, but these were just so showy and overblown. Yuck.

There are times when I doubt continuing to watch this show. Not every episode delivers: I've never denied that and I never plan to. But episodes like this remind me of what drove me to this community, and that even through the flaws that will inevitably come with any show, MLP:FiM has heart.

Now I just really, really hope nostalgia goggles won't make Rainbow Power appealing to me someday.

• 3 weeks later...

This episode just blew me away when I watched it. I was especially shocked by the daring move the writers made by destroying Twilight's tree home!

It was pretty sad, but I've somewhat gotten over it by now. And hey, the tree house made a dream appearance recently, so at least it still exists in memory. :mustache:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Would you guys have taken discord back? I know i would. He may have back stabbed, but everyone makes a big mistake.

Forgiveness heals, it restores what was broken, and frees one from the anger and pain of betrayal and heartache, I know this from personal experience, and one of the things I love about our Twilight is how, when it possible, she is willing to offer others a chance to redeem themselves, and to learn from their mistakes, especially when they show true remorse... of course I would have taken him back.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, though it's not official.

SONGTIME! Reminds me of 'As Teats Go By' by Rolling Stones, minus the string overdubs. Good to hear Twi sing since last Season's finale... :D

I normally don't like musicals but I have to admit the music was great

IT WAS A DREAM? O_O

Didn't see that one coming, unless if the Princess can predict the future by a dream... :P

I totally thought Discord was behind it... Wait, he was. Just from a different time.

• Brohoof 1

It wasn't my favorite season finale, but I liked it. I think it was important that they showed Twilight struggling with her new role. I really enjoyed the flashbacks of Luna's original metamorphosis into Nightmare Moon, and then them defeating Discord for the first time. I think they could have added a little more drama to the plot, but I understand we had to get used to Twilight.