S04:E25+26 - Twilight's Kingdom  

702 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

That was so AWSOME! With out a doubt that was the best episode ever! It made YoGio look like a kitten! I love the effects with Princess Twilight and Tirek.  I also loved the twist on Discord.  Just when you thought he was reformed, and then he turned on his friends.  Wow, didn't see that coming.  Then again, I did see Twilight forgiving him by calling him a friend.  That was such a beautiful moment.  

post-36321-0-86081500-1448855614_thumb.gif

post-36321-0-51402300-1448855981_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You'll play your part has to be a top 5 song.  Considering how many good ones there have been, this is saying something.

"Patience is never easy, I understand wanting more.  I know how hard it is to wait, to spread out your wings and soar!"  Ho lee crap.  1)  I didn't know Tabitha could sing.  I just kind of assuming she couldn't since she didn't sing as Rarity.  Love her voice.  2)  Beautiful sentiment delivered in the most powerful way it could be delivered with this set of characters.

The three Princess voices blended together in harmony.  Wow.......

The quaver in Britt McKillip's voice on "Soon will come the day it turns around"................ ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME!?  That was incredible!  Can she pull that off every time I wonder?  Or was that serendipity that they had the brilliance to keep in the song?

• 3 weeks later...

The battle between Twilight and Tirek is by far the battle scene Ive witnessed in a long time. Ive seen a lot of cartoons and anime, but come on so awesome! I imagined "Though the Fire and Flames" by Dragon force playing during that :D

• 2 weeks later...

Truth be told, when I heard Celestia, Luna, and Cadance sing during You'll Play Your Part, it was like listening to angels as they sounded so beautiful. That just made it all the more heart-wrenching when they decided to transfer their Alicorn magic to Twilight for protection, then Tirek decided to be the sadistic, cruel, black-hearted monster that he was and send them to suffer in Tartarus like he did.

Twilight really let him have it during their battle when she had Celestia, Luna, and Cadance's magic augmenting her own until they reached the stalemate where Tirek pulled out the old "Give me what I want and I'll spare your friends" trick to finally gain the Princesses' magic, but too bad for him, he gets it and keeps it for maybe a few minutes before he ends up losing it when he is struck with Rainbow Power and sent right back to Tartarus.

If I was Cerberus, I would've devoured him for what he did to Celestia, Luna, and Cadance. Good riddance.

Despite that, everypony got their happy ending, peace is restored, the Royal Family still rule, and Twilight gained her Princess of Friendship title.

For me, I give this episode a 9/10. Not bad for a season finale with an resurrected villain from previous My Little Pony generations.

• Brohoof 1

celestias voice is beautiful. she is now like the best singer in mlp according to me.

Discord maybe just a pussy, and get petrified again by Tirek. XD

And dat Mary Poppins styled entrance... :P

• Brohoof 1

celestias voice is beautiful. she is now like the best singer in mlp according to me.

Celestia's voice really is beautiful when she sings. Same goes for Luna and Cadance as well.

• Brohoof 1

Twilight's Kingdom was one of my favorite episodes.  However,   the battle against Tirek seemed to be long and drawn out.  Also blackmailing Twilight with her friends was something that I didn't actually expect.  Furthermore Tirek draining magic was also something I never saw happening.  This was a wonderful episode in my opinion. 

I think I found an easier solution for this whole episode's plot: Celestia should've let Freakazoid loose on him. Then this would've happened and Triek would've begged for mercy (imagine if Jeepers was Tirek instead):

Edited by MovieLord101
  • Brohoof 1

Thinking back, why even bother sending the other princesses to Tartarus if they were powerless? And if there was a good reason, why NOT imprison Twilight?

As Tirek saw it, he wanted to ensure that his claim to the throne as the new, undisputed, King and God of Equestria was secured. If Celestia, Luna, and Cadance were rotting away in Tartarus, nopony would attempt to rebel against Tirek since the Princesses would not be there to maintain hope in everypony. All he would have to do is bring up what he did to the Princesses, and it would either be serve him or lose their magic. No other option, period.

Just look at how small Twily is compared to her blast.

Best pony was packin' quite a punch. ^^

She did have the power of Celestia, Luna, and Cadance augmenting her own magic. You can clearly see the auras of the other Princesses' magic in Twilight's attack:

• Blue for Luna
  • Sky blue for Cadance
  • Sunny yellow for Celestia

Their magic was in Twilight, and it made her own attacks 4x as powerful, if not more.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One of the (if not the) best finales of the show. Villain. Story. Animation. Everything was awesome! The fight scene and the first song were probably my most favorite parts of the episode, and all the serious FlutterCord shipping wasn't bad either  :umad:  ;)  The only thing I didn't like about this episode was the Rainbow Power designs but the amazing battle scene made up for it. Also Twilight finally is treated like an actual princess! it only took one whole season! Also the continuety from all the way back  and the major character development for Discord are things that I wasn't excepting to see from a mile. Can we even call this a kids show anymore?

nonono Rainbow Power is the best in the series.

My mom watched this episode... She thought it was stupid... -_-

Maybe she didn't watch the whole show like the previous episodes or something. Also, learning about friendship can never be something called "stupid". Shit it.

This was the best episode in the whole series. :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Period. But still, I'm only afraid that no other episode can reach Twilight's Kingdom until Meghan McCarthy writes an episode.

• 2 weeks later...

This is my all time favorite premiere and two part episode in general.

Tirek made for a pretty great and intimidating villain.

Discord's story arch of relapsing and finally being truly reformed was also highly enjoyable and interesting.

Both of the songs were some of my favorite of the series.

The fight scene between Twilight and Tirek was well animated and got my adrenaline pumping.

The rainbow connection story arc had a pretty good conclusion.

And because of these reasons and more, not only is this one of my favorite 2 part episodes, but one of my favorite episodes of all time.

The show blew me away with this episode! It turned into Dragonball Z. Admit it. She was doing the spirit bomb, the kamehameha and Terrak turned into Broly! But hey, it was a BLAST! I had an extreme amount of fun from beginning to end...and I found it crazy how he turned on Discord so easily...Discord, as powerful as he was..fell even to the powerful villian that is Terrak. Either way, I loved these two episodes so much and I may have to talk about it further again sometime! (In a hurry right now so I'll leave it at this for now)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
(edited)

Personally, I feel like the show should've ended here. I know Hasbro studios is trying to make more money and all, but I feel like at this point they're extending the storyline just for the sake of adding new content. I personally would've liked an ending like this, but it goes on and on and on and on and- you get the idea. Also, like what I did with the sans pic and the font?

Edited by PlatinumWhiteForge
  • Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

This is definitely one of the best episodes on the show.  It had a good plot, and The fight between Twilight and Tirek was just epic

Twilight's Kingdom is my second favorite episode. Tirek is a perfect villain, the plot is wonderfully written, and this is the final battle is so awesome! Don't let the sweetness of the show fool you; if you wish to do harm to the ideals of friendship, Twilight can pack a punch. :squee:

Twilight's Kingdom is my second favorite episode. Tirek is a perfect villain, the plot is wonderfully written, and this is the final battle is so awesome! Don't let the sweetness of the show fool you; if you wish to do harm to the ideals of friendship, Twilight can pack a punch. :squee:

No kidding. It's one thing to mess with Equestria, but mess with friendship, and Twilight will show you no mercy as she sends you to rot in Tartarus for eternity. Tirek learned that the hard way.

Twilight: "I may have given you my Alicorn magic, but I still carry the most powerful magic of all!"

(Mane Six blast Tirek with Rainbow Power)

Tirek: (pained groans, then anguished screams as he feels his stolen magic and his own dark magic being drained away, reducing him back to his frail, shriveled, powerless state before being imprisoned in Tartarus, never to escape again)

Cerberus: (low growling as he makes sure Tirek stays in Tartarus this time)

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...