S04:E25+26 - Twilight's Kingdom  

704 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

but it was. The Mane 6 were shown through several episodes going back there and sprucing it up, adding new tapestries, ect

so what was the point of all that, if it wasn't utilized, in the end?

It still is a ruined castle. Maybe in season 5, it will become the castle of alicorn spike  :comeatus:

But seriously, I have no idea what they plan to do with that castle.

• Brohoof 1

It was never really renovated and I like the new library *ahem* Castle...

Twily will turn it into a library, I bet! ^^

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I don't think they'll do anything with it since there was never a plan for it to begin with.  Josh Haber has gone on record saying that the pony of shadows thing at the end, for example, was just a joke and they don't have any plans for it at this time.

Did they just let Discord off Scott free D:

Nah, he has to earn a seat at the big table.
Edited by Teabee

(edited)

I don't think they'll do anything with it since there was never a plan for it to begin with.  Josh Haber has gone on record saying that the pony of shadows thing at the end, for example, was just a joke and they don't have any plans for it at this time.

Still, that's not a complete "no". However, you would think that if they were going to make something of this "villain", they would have at least given a couple of hints or something along those lines by now. ^^"

Did they just let Discord off Scott free D:

I believe that they will discuss the finale's events in the premiere of Season 5. ^^

Edited by Adorkable

Wow, what a finale. It's crazy to think how many things have changed since the start of the show.

The songs were pretty good. For some reason, I had difficulty hearing the words in the Princess song. It's like it was mixed funny. Hopefully they fix that. But Luna's solo was so needed and awesome.  :comeatus:

I'm digging their Rainbow forms too. I first thought it was just the extra colors in their mane's, but I'm glad I was wrong. Their mane's were flowing and they looked epic and majestic. Hopefully we see those forms again in the Season 5 opening episodes.

I was thinking Discord may have had his own plan when he joined up with Terrik. But it seems I was wrong. Still though, it's weird how quickly they forgave him. I can only assume we'll see him trying to make amends next season.

Oh hey, Cheese Sandwich for a few seconds! Awesome!

So, dat fight. I mean seriously, this is a show for children? I felt like I was watching an episode of Dragonball Z for a second there. Really really well done by the animators.

Overall, very fun and epic episode. A lot has changed, and I'ma little anxious to see what happens next season with all this change.

But I do know one thing, these episodes made me very proud to be a Brony.  B)

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I'm digging their Rainbow forms too. I first thought it was just the extra colors in their mane's, but I'm glad I was wrong. Their mane's were flowing and they looked epic and majestic. Hopefully we see those forms again in the Season 5 opening episodes.

It's interesting.  When I was at BABScon the directors said that Hasbro stopped coming and asking them to put toys in the show sometime around Season 3, yet stuff keeps on appearing in the show that would make great toys.  I think things have come full circle - now the show creates stuff and Hasbro just needs to sit back and make toys out of everything, and watch the money roll in  :lol:

Edited by Teabee
  • Brohoof 1

But I do know one thing, these episodes made me very proud to be a Brony.  B)

This episode was a brony orgasm. Definitely NOT for little girl only. Meghan did well. Lauren Faust must be proud.

• Brohoof 4

It's interesting.  When I was at BABScon the directors said that Hasbro stopped coming and asking them to put toys in the show sometime around Season 3, yet stuff keeps on appearing in the show that would make great toys.  I think things have come full circle - now the show creates stuff and Hasbro just needs to sit back and make toys out of everything, and watch the money roll in   :lol:

Meanwhile, at Hasbro:

people-with-money-1.jpg

The writers of the show are geniuses. They probably struck gold with Rainbow Power. But if that's the case with Hasbro not coming to THEM, hopefully that means they thought of Rainbow Power as an actual thing in the show, compared to just a thing to sell toys. Which honestly makes me much, much happier.

• Brohoof 2

This episode was a brony orgasm. Definitely NOT for little girl only. Meghan did well. Lauren Faust must be proud.

Maaaaaan, anyone who claims MLP:FIM is for little girls will have to eat their words, after watching this.

• Brohoof 1

*claps*

Bravo, Hasbro...you REALLY came through for me.   ^_^  This finale was FAN-TAS-TIC. <3 

I had felt I knew where the episode was going, but the journey through it was all more enjoyable than I thought it was going to be.

Seriously though: how about that DRAGON BALL Z stuff included eh? 

- energy-related super powers
- a villain who sucks up the energy/lifeline of innocents in order to get stronger (Perfect Cell shoutout)
- energy beam struggles
- giant explosions
- pushing/physically beating opponents through landscapes
- craters as a result of hitting the ground like a comet

I loved the fights. I loved Tirek. I loved the raw drama and absolute feeling of despair; that I didn't know what was going to solve everything and how it was going to go. That Discord was GREAT.....and that there's a nice subtle Discord x Celestia hint (in my head canon anyways) with him giving her flowers at the end. That was cute.

I'm usually somewhat critical to a point to try and find one or two things that didn't sit well with me on one or two episodes but here? I just....I got nothing: I loved all of it. This finale has elevated what MLP can do in general as a show and storytelling series goes and I appreciate how we are evolving Ponyville and the mane 6 along. 

I screeched like a lunatic when I heard Luna sing. It was kind of pathetic. LUNA SANG LUNA SANG LUNA SANG PRINCESS QUARTET SONG!

kinda sucks that she still didn't get a song of her own.

I screeched like a lunatic when I heard Luna sing. It was kind of pathetic. LUNA SANG LUNA SANG LUNA SANG PRINCESS QUARTET SONG!

Pretty much this.  My clenched fist pointed skyward and manly tears were shed.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The writers of the show are geniuses. They probably struck gold with Rainbow Power.

I'm not really sure how to explain, but I completely agree with this. It seems that the Rainbow Powers are stronger than the Elements of Harmony? Or just an easier -equally powered- alternative to the Elements of Harmony. ^^

As did I! It was an amazing moment, also the debuting song for Princess Cadence, don't forget that! ^^

- energy-related super powers

- a villain who sucks up the energy/lifeline of innocents in order to get stronger (Perfect Cell shoutout)

- energy beam struggles

- giant explosions

- pushing/physically beating opponents through landscapes

- craters as a result of hitting the ground like a comet

Don't forget the 3 alicorn princesses giving their power to Twilight Sparkle, a reference to some kind of super form! SSJ4 or SSG. ^^

kinda sucks that she still didn't get a song of her own.

But hey, now that she's had her debut, it truly opens up the possibilities for one! ^^

Pretty much this.  My clenched fist pointed skyward and manly tears were shed.

Liquid pride, please! ^^

Edited by Adorkable

(edited)

Not sure if it was mentioned before but I love how Earth Pony super strength is now confirmed.  I'm sure that's only been fanon for the longest time, albeit fanon that almost everyone accepted.

Edited by Teabee
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Oh man there's way too much to say.

Discord was absolutely A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. From the beginning to the end.

The DBZ fight was so awesome, and I found it ended decently.

Twilight full of magic power XD

Derpy made a lot of appearances, are they hinting she might talk later? :muffins:

Tirek was a great villain, but who is his brother?

I was slightly disappointed by the last scene, the apparition of Twilight's castle, the song... I prefered A Canterlot Wedding overall.

I was glad to see the duke and duchess from the previous episode again, Flash Sentry, Shining Armor and some background characters too.

There were only 2 songs, that was a maximum in my opinion. :)

The mane 6 transformation was really beautiful. :wub:

Only one new character, Tirek....

Overall, excellent episode, I'll rewatch it because it might get in my top 10. :D

Edited by Blobulle

Not sure if it was mentioned before but I love how Earth Pony super strength is now confirmed.  I'm sure that's only been fanon for the longest time, albeit fanon that almost everyone accepted.

I have to wonder really, if they added it BECAUSE of the fanon xD I mean, look what else the fans have gotten? We got Derpy brought back, not as "Derpy" exactly, but she's there again.

There was also the pony with the Grumpy Cat cutie mark.

I really love how they're reaching out to older fans and keeping the show good for younger kids at the same time. It's AWESOME.

What I liked:

1. The battle. Seriously, the best part of the finale and quite convincing.
  2. Establishing continuity from It's About Time without being rammed over the head.
  3. In some capacity, addressing the elephant in the room: Twilight's lack of role as princess throughout this season. And the fact she has a title and new home gives her some purpose. Maybe come season five, the writers won't ignore it. (Come the season review, I won't give DHX a pass.)
  4. Referencing the keys and using them (plus referencing the bad key episodes like IAEBB and Rainbow Falls and other dumb episodes this season like Equestria Games).
  5. Discord's hilarity from Part 1.
  6. The songs are decently composed. (Not a fan of the line, "Your destiny's uncertain" or its double entendre: understandable in full context, but semi-retcons her purpose revealed in MMC.)
  7. The fact that the key is Scorpan's pendent, which Discord gave. Reinforces the good Scorpan wanted to give.
  8. Discord's now an official friend of Twilight, and I chuckled when he gave flowers to Celestia sincerely.

What I didn't like:

1. The third act of Part 2 really raced through and felt rather stilted.
  2. The main problem from this season reared its ugly head again here: WAY too much exposition.
  3. How the AliTrio never went out to completely erase Twilight's presence. Yeah, it lead to the epic fight, but it was too contrived.
  4. The designs of the Rainbow Power ponies are WAY too busy and rely on style over substance.

I don't know if I'll call it good, but it's definitely a two-parter I like so far. I'll have to re-watch it once more to make a better analysis.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

One of the (if not the) best finales of the show. Villain. Story. Animation. Everything was awesome! The fight scene and the first song were probably my most favorite parts of the episode, and all the serious FlutterCord shipping wasn't bad either  :umad:  ;)  The only thing I didn't like about this episode was the Rainbow Power designs but the amazing battle scene made up for it. Also Twilight finally is treated like an actual princess! it only took one whole season! Also the continuety from all the way back  and the major character development for Discord are things that I wasn't excepting to see from a mile. Can we even call this a kids show anymore?

Edited by Egghead
  • Brohoof 1