Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

"Oh No! The fandom is gonna end!".... relax!

applejock

Listen fillys, it will...yes, it will "end". 

But let this big Daddy tell you one REALITY, the "Fandom" will NEVER end, as long as YOU never stop knowing that friendship IS MAGIC!

You will age, yes you teens that love this stuff, WILL AGE. And when you do you might forget MLP, have some pups of your own, "grow up" (ie sit in a desk and hate your life for 45 years) and have OTHER interests. ITS GONNA HAPPEN....

..guess what...

THAT IS OK!

But someday, someday you will dust off that box in your basement and be like "Wtf is this blu-ray stuff?" and BOOM your gonna find your old DVDs of MLPFIM, watch them, and suddenly be humping ebay for 10 year old MLP shirts to buy in the 2xl your gonna need.

YOU WILL, show it too your pups, your wife/husband, and you will be like "zomg my youth"

To you current adults who are fans...

Hey, your an adult, YOU KNOW this stuff comes and goes. But does it leave your heart? DOES IT EVER LEAVE YOUR HEART?! YOUR SOUL! Sweet freaking Celestia, the answer is NO!

Do you people, REALLY REALLY REALLY, neeeeeeed some "forum" to tell you who much your a fan? THE MAGIC IS INSIDE YOU! You don't need these forums to realize your a Brony for life.

In 2024, 2034, 2044 and so on, your still gonna be able to smile when you see a city cop on horse back, still gonna take a second glance at a little girl playing with her toy horse, and your STILL GONNA KNOW THAT FRIENDSHIP IS FUCKING MAGIC!

You-are-MLP!

This "fandom" will die, YOU WILL NEVER FORGET, YOU ARE THE FANDOM!

• Brohoof 21

True words. I might not in any way be associated with the Warhammer 40k game anymore but im still a huge fan of it. I still look back at fond memories I had painting warhammer with my brothers and always will. Just like I will look back fondly on MLP FiM and still maybe watch it from time to time even when the generation has ended.

• Brohoof 1

Not this again.... guys, the Trekkies and furries, people who been around for decades are still alive and kicking today. Bronydom will dwindle in numbers well after the show has run its course, but never will the herd simply fade away.

• Brohoof 11

Yes, it's true, we all end growing up of something in time, but we'll remember some of them with love and care, remembering the good memories. I might grow up from ponies, but there's no way I'll forget a series which defied gender roles bullshit and the fact that it gave me a joyful moment in my darkest time 

• Brohoof 1

Growing up is a touchy subject for me. I never want to grow up. I just want to run around pranking my friends and live a life of fun. Most adults are bent over their computers working on spreadsheets or treating hundreds of patients! Nah. #foreveryoung

• Brohoof 1

Growing up is a touchy subject for me. I never want to grow up. I just want to run around pranking my friends and live a life of fun. Most adults are bent over their computers working on spreadsheets or treating hundreds of patients! Nah. #foreveryoung

And you don't have to. You can always stay young at heart. I can't tell you how many times buying pony merch I'm asked "how old is your daughter" and I always tell the truth; this is for me! Sure I can be a mature, responsible adult, in my free time; i do what makes me happy

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Kinda bleak to say grow up I.e sit behind a desk and hate life for 45 years. It's up to you to do something you love. Good post but it kinda de railed for me at that point. I havnt enjoyed all of my 6 years of adult life immensely burn in going to school to change that, don't be so bleak. Don't worry be happy!

Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy:

Edited by Digit

Them feels.

Twenty years from now I'll still remember the show and it'll bring a smile to my face, to remember how a simple show about multicolored ponies and their friendship brought together so many people from around the world. It never mattered whether you're a guy or a girl, ten or thirty, cheerful or depressed, we all love the show and will keep the memories with us throughout our lives.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Them feels.

Twenty years from now I'll still remember the show and it'll bring a smile to my face, to remember how a simple show about multicolored ponies and their friendship brought together so many people from around the world. It never mattered whether you're a guy or a girl, ten or thirty, cheerful or depressed, we all love the show and will keep the memories with us throughout our lives.

And with that we shall forever remain bronies, always young at heart my friend! ^_^

Edited by 0blivion
  • Brohoof 2

Not this again.... guys, the Trekkies and furries, people who been around for decades are still alive and kicking today. Bronydom will dwindle in numbers well after the show has run its course, but never will the herd simply fade away.

This is exactly what I always say too. Not to mention that My Little Pony has been around longer than most Bronies have been alive, I'm sure the show will continue, whether we like its next forms or not.

Regardless, applejock did a good job writing that so I won't hate.

Sad, but true............the MLP fandom will end somewhere along the line, yet if you guys think about it, don't you think people will remember it?   B/C i can assure, you, yes there will be some who would want to forget, but i think many and i mean many fans will remember it.

FIM will die. But, the Bronies however will probably not. As time moves on the number of people will probably die down by a large margin. Think about how many Trekkies, STar Wars fans, even Land Before Time fans out there. Sure, there may not be as many but, you can always look back and smile and say "Remember MLP used to be good" The new generations will most likely be good anyway. Such, as life everything has to die at one point or another. But, the thing is something just as good if not BETTER rises up and remember no matter how the years may pass, we will always have FIM.

It is sad to think about the end of FiM... I've already witnessed absolute masterpieces expire, such as Fringe, House MD, etc. It will be a very sad day indeed when the show finally wraps up. I will probably still go back because the rewatch value for me is pretty high.

• Brohoof 1

YOU.

Every single one of you.

IS-THIS-FANDOM

YOU ARE WHAT MAKES MAGIC, FRIENDSHIP!

You are the Magic, YOU ARE THE FANDOM!

Never forget, never want to remember, always love, always age and grow, but always be...a Brony.

To those that I love, Ghosty, you who rivals my Waifu to Rarity, you are the future my young Colt, keep that chin up and brand yourself HARD with our Lady Raritys Cutie mark.

To Applegearrising, trouble follows you, but only YOU can make the choice NOT TO LOOK BACK. Be strong my little Colt, your life isnt over yet, its only blooming.

AND TO EACH-AND-EVERYPONY-ELSE, your here, your rear has a CM and your proud of it!

MLP, FRIENDSHIP-IS-MAGIC!

never, forget...ever.

• Brohoof 1

suddenly be humping ebay for 10 year old MLP shirts to buy in the 2xl your gonna need.

Sounds pretty accurate.

However, this is totally an awesome post, something a Brony with depression would want to hear. It made me smile, and somewhat made my day seem more jolly. 

Thank you for that long post, it's really something I needed to read. ^^ (\

• Brohoof 1

Should I live to be an old man, and after spending decades gallivanting across God's green Earth probably being considered a major thorn in the side of politicians, political parties, governments, religious institutions, and society in general; I will likely spend my final years teaching at a Seminary somewhere. And among my personal effects in my office ( which will be an already odd assortment no doubt ) you can bet there will be a few Ponies here and there. In short I'll be singing something along these lines till the day I die:

• 5 months later...

i just realized that the fandom will end after/if the show ends. Since only five more years of the show is confirmed (5 more seasons), what will this mean for the fandom?

Edited by Jeric
Removed request to move post

Many people have asserted that the fandom will remain for a while after the show ends. That's most likely true. I wouldn't worry if I were you, five more seasons is a long time anyways.

• Brohoof 3