Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you love that everyone seems to hate

Moved to Elsewhere

I made this same thread not realizing it's already here. :lol:

Anyway I won't say MLP because that's too obvious.

I actually like the Pokémon anime and it's even my favorite show of all time. On a side note MLP:FiM is a close second. I love the show however it gets a lot of criticism. One reason is that people write it off as being too repetitive mostly because of the Team Rocket scenes because they pop up in almost every episode trying to catch Pikachu and sometimes another Pokémon. Other than that I don't find the show to be that repetitive. Of course people even call the battles repetitive but that's like if you said sports are repetitive. And there is a good amount of variety.

And a lot of people don't watch the show anymore just because Misty and Brock left and Ash's friends always get replaced with new ones. That's like if I said I don't like MLP anymore because Twilight became an alicorn or her library was destroyed and replaced with a castle. Ash's companions don't have the same goal as him. The big reason why Misty traveled with Ash in the first place was because her bike was destroyed so she followed him until she got her bike back.

And people hate the new Pokémon in general mostly because of the designs. The new Pokémon are written off as "uncreative" or "ugly". People usually only target the ones based on inanimate objects while there were some Pokémon based on inanimate objects in Gen 1 too. It's mostly because people wear nostalgia goggles when it comes to Pokémon and hate change or new things. The new Pokémon aren't bad once you get used to them. A Pokémon can be anything not just an animal but even a plant or an inanimate object. Just because the newer Pokémon look different than Gen 1 Pokémon doesn't mean they're bad that means they're exotic.

Also even the ugliest Pokémon is still way more tolerable than this:

640px-Ugliest_spongebob.jpg

Genwunner be like "these new Pokemon have the most stupidest designs ever now if you'll escuse me, I'm gonna go train my muk which has a clearly clever design.
  • Brohoof 1

MLP. I live in the south, and when you like MLP, you're viewed as homosexual. That gets you shot without charges to the shooter, sometimes.

my friend has the same problem when he visits his dad in texas

post-28923-0-77522200-1408051829.jpg

• Brohoof 1

wii fit. you can literally exercise without leaving the house.

HOW IS THAT A BAD THING  

Aww, come on man! I ain't gay!

O/////O

THATS NOT WHAT I MEANT!

i just meant he has the same problems!

:o

Spicy pickled vegetables. I love how all three of those words, when taken individually, are not everyones' cup of tea, but when combined, they form some form of trifecta that just drives people away.

I love you. No real reason. Just all of the above. :-3 So many people where I work don't like sushi or at least can't eat it, but the stuff is heaven on earth when made right.

Couldn't agree with you more :D

MLP. I live in the south, and when you like MLP, you're viewed as homosexual. That gets you shot without charges to the shooter, sometimes.

:okiedokielokie: ... I know your pain 

Living in the south being that between the state line of TN/GA I know what you are talking about. Redneck stereotypes that basically if you don't have a southern accent, like beer, big trucks, football/nascar, or country music then there is something automatically wrong with you. And a lot of people down here try and intimidate you for no reason... Not saying all in the south are like that but in my own experiences living here a good majority are like that. I have come across a lot of people like that though...

OT

I guess Punk Rock for me not many people I know- Friends, family or whatever likes punk rock or hardly any of the music I like.

I prefer laptops to tablets and many people I know like tabets to laptops. 

I love talking to people in person rather than texting  ^_^

• Brohoof 1

I feel your pain bro. I live down south too. If anyone knew that I liked MLP they would call me a pussy, a faggot and god knows what else...

And I can't even tell my dad cuz he would ridicule me and troll me SO HARD...

• Brohoof 1

Trixie,Sunset Shimmer, and Diamond Tiara.

I made this same thread not realizing it's already here.  :lol:
Anyway I won't say MLP because that's too obvious.
I actually like the Pokémon anime and it's even my favorite show of all time. On a side note MLP:FiM is a close second. I love the show however it gets a lot of criticism. One reason is that people write it off as being too repetitive mostly because of the Team Rocket scenes because they pop up in almost every episode trying to catch Pikachu and sometimes another Pokémon. Other than that I don't find the show to be that repetitive. Of course people even call the battles repetitive but that's like if you said sports are repetitive. And there is a good amount of variety.

And a lot of people don't watch the show anymore just because Misty and Brock left and Ash's friends always get replaced with new ones. That's like if I said I don't like MLP anymore because Twilight became an alicorn or her library was destroyed and replaced with a castle. Ash's companions don't have the same goal as him. The big reason why Misty traveled with Ash in the first place was because her bike was destroyed so she followed him until she got her bike back.

And people hate the new Pokémon in general mostly because of the designs. The new Pokémon are written off as "uncreative" or "ugly". People usually only target the ones based on inanimate objects while there were some Pokémon based on inanimate objects in Gen 1 too. It's mostly because people wear nostalgia goggles when it comes to Pokémon and hate change or new things. The new Pokémon aren't bad once you get used to them. A Pokémon can be anything not just an animal but even a plant or an inanimate object. Just because the newer Pokémon look different than Gen 1 Pokémon doesn't mean they're bad that means they're exotic.

(Spongebob deleted because I never wanna see that again.)
I still watch pokemon, it got much better since it took on more of anime styling(at least in BW). I personally hated Misty once the other companions (cough*dawn*cough) came out, she was really two dimensional and always pandering to Ash's interest. I also don't like their new habit on beating you over the head with type advantages when they make no sense. That's...pretty much it, everything else is pretty amazing, especially black and white's overarching plot arc. I really hope XY does the same thing.

Edited by Shimmer5000

The Reflections Arc from the comics: I'm surprised that some fans don't like this series. I don't know why, but I actually like that story! I just really liked how they portrayed Celestia and Sombra's relationship, it's so sweet. And I like the idea of the mirror reflected ponies. However, I was a bit upset that I didn't see the Alt. Mane 6.

Trixie: Okay at first I wasn't fond of Trixie(it's not that I didn't like her I just didn't know so much about her) But then I read the recent comic issue #22 and I started to like her because of that.

Flash Sentry: Eeyup. *puts on magic shield* please don't hurt me xd

G1: I really like the design of the G1 ponies! And I even think they're names are cute. Firefly, Moondancer, Majesty are one of my favorite ponies from G1.

Regular milk: The only flavored milk I drink. I sometimes drink chocolate milk but not as much.

Mathematics: Shocking truth!  Yes, I like math. And I know that it can be a challenge sometimes, but to me that's what's fun about it, even if I don't know the answers to some problems.

That's all I can think of at the moment but I'll probably post more soon.

Edited by LazuriteDreams*
  • Brohoof 1

-Banana and mayonnaise sandwiches. I don't know why, but apparently everyone I've ever met hates them, but I love them for some reason. XD

-MLP, obviously! People around here who like it are assumed as gay, and you're hated on when you're gay. Even though I am technically bisexual, people don't know that for sure, they just assume it because I like ponies.  :okiedokielokie: Why. Just.. Why.

-Essays, on anything really. I just enjoy writing them. Getting together all the information and putting down your own thoughts on something is really satisfying to me.

-Psychology. I absolutely am fascinated with it and would love to have a job as a psychologist when I'm older and settled down.  :D

Edited by Glaci

The John Carter movie.  It got such awful reviews in the theater, but my family and I absolutely love it.  I mean, it explained why certain things happened, showed instead of telling a good deal of the time, and had a great plot/twist.  I just don't know what people didn't like about it D:

• Brohoof 1

I'm left wondering why there's so many people who hate musicals when I love it. I find many of the numbers really relaxing and catchy! Plus, their wacky plots get me laughing throughout the musical! Well, I'm talking about the musicals back in the early days, not the ones now...  >_>

Jumpscares.

Seriously, I feel like I'm the only person who likes them. I often find myself laughing after one happens, while my eyes are shut tight and I'm holding onto my headphones. :P

You're not the only one that laughs after one XD

• Brohoof 1

Well obviously MLP but I guess that goes without saying.

Honestly, all of the recent Transformer films. I think they are great movies that adapt the source material well. You've got the original G1 Peter Cullen voicing Optimus, Autobots and Decpeticons that actually look and feel like giant aliens, and plenty of artifacts from the mythos being used as plot threads. I really like them.

The Star Wars prequels as well. I mean, I love the Original trilogy too, but I didn't grow up with it. I can see why people would think they are better, but honestly, it's pointless to compare the two. They are set in different parts of the timeline and trying to accomplish very different things. If anything, the only problem I have with the prequels is this constant frustration that everything the good guys are fighting for is in vain.

Chuck Norris. Famous punchline aside, Chuck's rep seems to have taken a bit of a dive. Well just coming from a millennial who's only seen two episodes of Walker and none of his other material besides appearing in Way of the Dragon, I think he seems like a cool guy. Really he's not anything like his "facts" would invoke. Just a very soft spoken man. And that's really it, I admire the man, not the legend. As a novice martial artist and a God fearing man, I would be more than honored to shake his hand.

The John Carter movie.  It got such awful reviews in the theater, but my family and I absolutely love it.  I mean, it explained why certain things happened, showed instead of telling a good deal of the time, and had a great plot/twist.  I just don't know what people didn't like about it D:

I liked it for the most part. It got the feeling of Barsoom down pretty well. The one thing that it got totally wrong, in my opinion, was (ironically) John Carter himself.

All this,

"I fight for no cause!" and "I am a lone wolf." Nonsense. In the books, John Carter would take up a cause at the drop of a hat, but that was what was admirable about him!

He saw in Tars Tarkas, a kindred spirit, a fellow crusader that just needed an ally. He took well to Dejah Thoris, sure, she didn't like him off the bat, but they soon talked and connected.

Lastly, he didn't want to leave Mars the entire time he was there! He took to it like a duck to water. He described himself as "a fighting man" and a savage world named after the god of war is exactly what he wanted in the first place.

The John Carter that kills the Jeddak and rallies the Tharks at the end, THAT'S the John Carter I remember and who should have been the protagonist of the entire movie!

Phew!  Just read through all 9 pages... Now it's my turn huehuehue...

1. I like changing batteries.  When something like a tv switch or flashlight goes dead, I don't get ticked off and slam it around like a madman, rather, I smile and run to get new batteries.

2. I like changing oil (because I'm a total gearhead).  Most people think it's a pain in the arse, but for me, it's fun.  Messy, but fun.  (Plus, I like to smell the new oil filter before I put it on... yeah, I know, I'm weird).

3. Being outside at night, out in the country (on our property out of town [it's about 7 acres]), with nothing but a flashlight and a friend... and maybe with a couple swisher cigarillos, too, lol.

4. God.  Jesus.  And the Holy Spirit.  Seems like alot of people have been hating on Christianity in this day and age.  

5. Caterpillar (and a big NO to John Deere).  My dad works at CAT, so, lol.

6.  Well-done, and I mean, well-done meat.  I don't want to see any pink.  Actually, a little char tastes pretty dang good, if I may say so.

7. The right to choose whatever the heck healthcare we so please.  Forget ObamaCrapCare.  I voted for Romney.

8. Earbuds.  Everyone I know says "omg, they are like, sooo uncomfortable and hurt my precious ears" lmao... I think earbuds are more comfortable than headphones.  Especially the headphones that just sit on the ear.  I mean, over the ear (full size cans) headphones are okay, but they still get painful for me after an hour.  But I sit at my computer for hours on end with earbuds in, and they are so comfy that I'll have them in even if I'm not even listening to anything!

9. Raw noodles.  Sometimes in college last semester I'd open up a pack of Ramen and just eat the noodles raw.  hehehe.

10.  Last but not least, I dip my pizza in french/western dressing... it's something I learned when I was just a little tike from my older cousin.  And the habit has stayed.  (Oh, and I hate ranch dressing --- Western FTW!)

product_western_original.png

• Brohoof 2

Phew!  Just read through all 9 pages... Now it's my turn huehuehue...

1. I like changing batteries.  When something like a tv switch or flashlight goes dead, I don't get ticked off and slam it around like a madman, rather, I smile and run to get new batteries.

2. I like changing oil (because I'm a total gearhead).  Most people think it's a pain in the arse, but for me, it's fun.  Messy, but fun.  (Plus, I like to smell the new oil filter before I put it on... yeah, I know, I'm weird).

3. Being outside at night, out in the country (on our property out of town [it's about 7 acres]), with nothing but a flashlight and a friend... and maybe with a couple swisher cigarillos, too, lol.

4. God.  Jesus.  And the Holy Spirit.  Seems like alot of people have been hating on Christianity in this day and age.  

5. Caterpillar (and a big NO to John Deere).  My dad works at CAT, so, lol.

6.  Well-done, and I mean, well-done meat.  I don't want to see any pink.  Actually, a little char tastes pretty dang good, if I may say so.

7. The right to choose whatever the heck healthcare we so please.  Forget ObamaCrapCare.  I voted for Romney.

8. Earbuds.  Everyone I know says "omg, they are like, sooo uncomfortable and hurt my precious ears" lmao... I think earbuds are more comfortable than headphones.  Especially the headphones that just sit on the ear.  I mean, over the ear (full size cans) headphones are okay, but they still get painful for me after an hour.  But I sit at my computer for hours on end with earbuds in, and they are so comfy that I'll have them in even if I'm not even listening to anything!

9. Raw noodles.  Sometimes in college last semester I'd open up a pack of Ramen and just eat the noodles raw.  hehehe.

10.  Last but not least, I dip my pizza in french/western dressing... it's something I learned when I was just a little tike from my older cousin.  And the habit has stayed.  (Oh, and I hate ranch dressing --- Western FTW!)

img-2985266-1-product_western_original.p

About your fourth one: apparently everyone hates religions in general, not just Christianity and this is coming from a religious person 

Edited by Deathstroke
  • Brohoof 1

Really really soft pillows! Everyone likes their pillows like rocks apparently! Oh oh and fluffy things too

The second one would be the smell of like or dvd seriously i love getting them new and getting to open the box or book and have that lovely smell come out!

• Wii U - I got one recently and I have to admit, I actually really like it. I've mostly been playing Mario Kart 8 on it but it's still a fun system.
  • 'The Purge' Movies - I can understand why people wouldn't like 'The Purge' and 'The Purge: Anarchy' but I had lots of fun with these movies and they're definitely two of my favorites. 
  • Windows 8.1 - At this point, I will say it's my favorite OS. It's easy to use, looks nice, barely had any troubles with it, and it just looks "cleaner" than any other OS like Windows 7. 
  • Newer 'Silent Hill' games (Silent Hill Homecoming, Downpour, etc..) - I don't really think that the newer 'Silent Hill' games are some ungodly creations like some make them out to be, especially 'Homecoming', from my experience, I had a pretty nice time and only encountered one glitch throughout my entire playthrough of the newer games. I can see why people would dislike them but they're really not that bad.
  • Sonic '06 - I didn't really love it but I don't think it's as bad as some make it out to be. And even though I didn't like some of the things about it, I encountered barely any glitches and even the glitch I encountered was pretty funny at the time.

Also, I liked Equestria Girls enough to the point where I would say that I like it more than the actual show.

• Brohoof 1