Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you love that everyone seems to hate

Moved to Elsewhere

• Hetalia-I'm in love with this series. I've always been a big history nerd, so it makes the show that much more enjoyable for me.

Rainbow Dash-A lot of people I know think she's arrogant, and annoying. I think she's adorable!

Twilight Sparkle-Again, a lot of people I know dislike her. I personally find her to be absolutely adorkable.

• Brohoof 1

Hello!  There is actually already a thread discussing this exact topic here if you wish to join in on the conversation.  In the future, please be sure to utilize the search function to be sure that your idea for a thread already exists before creating a new one.  This helps not only keep the forums tidy and organized but deters any confusion that multiple threads can cause.  Take care!

• Brohoof 2

Well, let's see...

Nickelback-I'm actually listening to them now! I fail to see what's so bad about them.

That's all I KNOW I'd be ridiculed for if I said I liked it. For some reason, liking that band even more embarassing than liking MLP!

The new Metal Gear Rising game; completely awful in terms of gameplay, but too absolutely absurd to dislike. How can you hate running along a missile to slice up a giant Metal Gear Ray? Come on.

Virtual Boy. I really loved that thing, and it never gave me headaches. It was cool for its time.

Winter. I love winter so much. Give it to me over summer any day.

This, too. Summer is the opposite of good.

-Mega Man IV through VI. A lot of people deride those entries as "same shit, different games". And even though they're technically correct, those later entries had, IMO, the best innovations out of the entire NES hexalogy.

-Alicorn OCs. I don't love them, per se, but they're definitely something I don't mind that everyone seems to loathe beyond reason. News flash: The strength of a character does not lie in who/what the character him/herself is. It lies in the literary competence of the person writing him/her. Dismissing all such OCs simply based on assumptions (must be Mary-Sue, OP, etc.) is not, from my point of view, a rational way to look at any character. Research before you condemn.

-Self-inserts, pretty much for all the reasons listed for alicorn OCs. Where this inane shaming towards those who write themselves into stories comes from, I have no idea. We don't mock Stephen King or Stan Lee for doing it. Why? They do it (relatively) well. And anyone else who can do it well doesn't deserve to be mocked for it, either.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Superman! I can't go anywhere without someone talking trash about Superman! He is one of my moral heroes! Apparently liking the Wii U is a sin. Its a lovely system! (This one is a little counter intuitive.) I'm not allowed to lose interested in DBZ apparently. There are some others but I can't seem to quite remember.

Edited by Fantasma Mr.Green
  • Brohoof 2

The FPS genre-No, I am not defending Call of the Dootle. In fact, CoD just abused a good genre. There are truly good FPS games, think of how the AVGN thinks of the NES library. Take games like Quake for example, instead of having linear "shoot him to win" gameplay, you have mazes and arena combat while rocket jumping over buildings.

MegaMan 7 and 8-Yeah, they're different. But you know what? I hate the excuse that a sequel is bad because it's different; Which is why Call of Duty is bad and makes the FPS genre look bad.

04deoxys on YouTube-Not really "everyone" hates him, just only the 8 year old Venturiantale fanboys. 

Say what you want, this is my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

I love debates, arguments, and politics. I will argue my position to either my death or yours. I suppose it comes from my genes, I'm Dutch and Finnish. Two of the most stubborn and dead set in their beliefs kind of people.

• Brohoof 1

I was surprised people hated Megaman 8, that was one of my favorite games growing up.

I also tend to enjoy a lot of MLP episodes(and EQG) that otherwise get lukewarm reception, mainly the Spike episodes. Hell even a lot of episodes I didn't like I feel get more hate than they deserve and I feel people need to just let go

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

This is an easy one the answer is the best pony Sweetie Belle, persons are WEIRD! I also Ok this is like but I like to create scripts during the weekend.

Edited by PokeBolter
  • Brohoof 1

The ending or Oreimo, not because it was a good ending, infact it was horrible. I like it because of the fact that the show after 2 seasons of dodging it finally goes with its name: My Little Sister Can't be this Cute. It was probably the biggest moment of trolling in recent anime. I mean for 2 seasons they hate each other so much and then in like the last half of the final season, BAM INCEST DATING IN YOUR FACE!

BAM INCEST DATING IN YOUR FACE!

Not sure, what is going to top that comment.

OT- That new Medal of Honor game on the 360, not Warfighter, but the one before that. I liked it, but a lot of people didn't. 

• Brohoof 1

Not sure, what is going to top that comment.

How about this:

The only thing more wincest than incest is Twincest!

Twincest, bringing a whole new meaning to, "Go F*** yourself!"

• Brohoof 4

Things I love that everyone hates?

1. Pitbulls. I used to have a Pit named Pazu. My sister's chihuahua has bit me more than Pazu ever did. It has also bit her more than Pazu ever bit anyone (He bit one of my boyfriends once, and my aunt once, but other than that he never attacked anyone to my knowledge). I don't see why everyone thinks of them as aggressive dogs.

2. Chowder. Dear god I loved that show. Sure it wasn't as good as the "golden age" cartoons, but it had its merits.

3. Black licorice. I'm not sure why, I just like it. I also don't like red licorice for whatever reason.

4. Rap and Hip Hop music. Very underrated. The artists are smarter than you would think. It's just like any other kind of music; you have to dig through the trash to find the gold. That being said, some of the mainstream rappers are actually pretty good (Big Sean, iamsu, Kid Cudi, Kendrick, and a few others I can't think of atm)

5. Pinkie Pie  :) For some reason I've noticed that a lot of fans find her voice annoying. When she decides to claim her title as best pony and rules the world with an iron hoof, those fans will be punished for not recognizing the cuteness of her vocal range. Until then we will just have to agree to disagree

• Brohoof 4

Let's see:

-YouTube Poops.

Love the hell out of this, yet they think it's garbage. Bring me something from your gorge Lopez that can out match thechairman45's remake of that same stand up, then I might change my mind. Until then, they'll think that crappy comedy is gold.

-TAS (Tool assisted superplay.)

This will show you either the most craziest gameplay, or the quickest way to complete the said game. A lot of people think it's cheating and don't count it. Well here's the thing; It fucking wasn't meant to. It was meant for entertainment, not trying to steal world records. So calm down there, fanboys.

-Classic music.

Keep in mind that I live in a house, full of members who only listen to pop. I'm the only who listens to stiff from the 40's, the 30's, and hell even the 20's, Yet every time I put up some Billie holiday or some Bing Crosby, they thinks like it's the fucking devil.

What does there music sing, wait hold up. *Clears throat* "SING about? Oh the usual. Drugs, gold, cars, women, music contacts, screwing the police, beating up prostitutes, you name it.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

5. Pinkie Pie  For some reason I've noticed that a lot of fans find her voice annoying. When she decides to claim her title as best pony and rules the world with an iron hoof, those fans will be punished for not recognizing the cuteness of her vocal range. Until then we will just have to agree to disagree
 This

People just don't understand the true cuteness that is Pinkie's voice  :wub: 

• Brohoof 1

My Immortal, a hilarious Harry Potter fanfic. People hate it for the wonky grammar, the lack of an actual plot and the Mary Sue "protagonist", but that's what makes it so fun to read, in my opinion. Most people even go far to say it's the worst fanfic ever, when in reality, there's much, much worse fanfics than My Immortal. (My Little Unicorn/My Brave Pony: Starfleet Magic is a good example of a bad fanfic. xP)

Also, TV Tropes. Well, I don't know how many people like this website, but I mostly see haters or people who say it used to be a good website. Personally, I think it's a good website for literature. It has helped me so many times on writing good fanfiction. c:

Edited by Mienshao
  • Brohoof 1