Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Random acts of kindness

Lightning-flickr

I really believe in helping my community however I can, and giving as selflessly as I can, whenever I can. If I do that, then hopefully everyone else will give a little bit, until everyone is giving. Sort of like that "passing it forward" phenomenon at a drive-through where you pay for the meal of the next person in line.

I fix computers, and I find that a lot of the solutions to most peoples' problems are free online. Just about any professional place would charge $50 --> $250 for a service that you can do for free yourself at home, assuming you have a backup computer. www.bleepingcomputer.com has the majority of these tools. Let me know if you ever have problems, and I can give some insights, if I'm able.

I do similar things for people in regards to various forms of hardware. I have access to a screen repair facility (more like a larger than average table and an ugly wall of rolls of spline and some screening scattered around. :P ) but I love what I do, and do it passionately.

Anything I know, I won't hesitate to share that information. Anything I do, I'm happy to share the results with anyone who wants it.

Loving each other is like loving yourself. In the end, it's all the same anyway.

:o

There was an old pensioner so lonely he waited outside the street so he could talk to anypony.

I talked with a bit with him. He made it feel better. I recomended him some places where he could make friends.
I hope he'll have luck with them.

Saying random things like when you see someone holding the elevator door, "That's very nice of you holding the elevator door." really brightens up anyones day.

I support random acts of kindness. Strongly. There is not nearly enough kindness in this world.

I try to hold doors open for people and say "Thank you" when they do similar gestures for me. If I see someone doing something completely and awesomely spontaneous, I'll tell them that it was awesome.

Sapphire-Ashes, on 12 Jun 2014 - 5:44 PM, said:

I helped my mom clean up for a party when noone else would, even though she was yelling at me the whole time.

Helpfulness in the face of adversity is the mark of a warrior.

Shine on.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

When was the last time you did a random act of kindness for someone? Or someone did one for you?

I haven't gotten to do it quite yet (waiting for the person I'm doing it for to come online so I can check something first), but I'm hoping to buy a friend a rank they've been interested in, for a server they've been enjoying a lot lately. As for something someone did for me, one of the nicest people I know helped me out a few days ago by letting me vent about certain stuff that was bringing me down. It was especially nice of them, because they very likely felt the exact opposite about what I was talking about, yet they heard me out all the same and was open-minded through and through :)

​My outpatient nurse let me see her in their office instead of meeting me at home.  I guess it's a good coincidence that one of the other nurses there wanted to speak with me anyways.  Two birds, one stone.  I was also able to return some Tupperware to them that I keep forgetting at home.

• Brohoof 1

It may not be a big gestures but when I go out to eat I sometimes end up holding the door for other people before I go in as I see them. It's just a small nice thing that comes naturally to me.

• Brohoof 1

Reluctantly, I've gave a homeless dude who approached me a dollar. Reluctantly because no one knows if he's legit, or just bullshitting you, bot oh well, I won't die for a dollar less, and might save him 

this one time at the train station i wanted to buy some chocolate milk at doughnut king but i was 50 cents short, then the lady who was being served next to me sad "its only 50 cents, where is humanity" and gave me 50 cents so i could get what i wanted, it was so nice of her! ^D^
and only days later at the station another random lady who appeared to be in quite a hurry was trying to top up her opal card with cash, it wasn't working and she got called by what i assume was a group of friends but somehow managed to forget the $20 she left in the machine and ran to them, so i took it and ran it to her.  ^^

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Since I was going to start a new run on Pokemon Y, I wonder traded my team and legendaries I caught for the sake of giving away to other people, instead of just letting them go to waste. Also gave out a lot of O-Powers to players who didn't have many hours under their save file, and some 'Nice' ratings where I could... really nothing all that amazing, but I'm happy to have done this all the same, it's such a friendly game and it puts me in a very friendly mood.

I'm trying to be kind all the time, though I don't think I did anything significant lately.  :twi:

Edited by Rikifive

I don't believe in being nice for the sake of being nice.

Unless there is some sort of incentive for me, chances are I won't be openly kind to people.

but you're supposed to be Rarity, shes the element of genorosity haha. No I understand for a lot of people that have been taken, or that have been lied to, or cheated, or maybe just been on the losing end of lifes woes, but issue for me is, you know I let that get to me to much, and I started drifting away thinking through the alternative aspects of life. Its better to force something mildly positive even if you cant do something big, just because you know, I said this to someone last night, what happens is people in our world see the dog eat dog, look away from all the good that people do for other people, I mean, not one to say you know, try not to be naive, people are in it for themselves, but just dont be one of those people alternatively speaking.

• Brohoof 1

I admit, i dont perform random acts of kindness for others but have often been "persuaded" into particular acts mostly concerning money. 

One time I went to a gas station to fill my car up and had a woman walk up to me saying "excuse me, could you give us some money so we can get gas. My son needs to go the hospital but we are out of gas". She did point to a van with people in it so it at least had some credibility but of course I was super skeptical just from her statement. But I was feeling generous that day and decided NOT to give them money but instead give them 30 dollars worth of my gas. So you cant say I wasnt generous as I gave them exactly what they asked for.

Another time I was walking out a Wal-mart after shopping and was stopped in the parking lot by a woman saying "Im sorry to bother you but I have a child at home and I was going to buy diapers for her but my card was declined and I dont get paid for a week. Can you buy 16 dollars worth of diapers for me". I admit I dont like kids so im not exactly sympathetic and at first declined saying "im sorry I cant help you". That wasnt enough for her and said "are you sure you cant help me? Ive been walking this parking lot for an hour and no one has yet". So shes really pushing this and I am a bit of a softee so I decide to take my wallet out and said "ok I can give you 5 dollars towards your purchase" thinking that would at least help her out. Nope, "are you sure thats all you can give me? Its not enough and I have to get home". So shes not making this easy and im getting impatient. She says "look im not asking you for money. All I want is for you to buy the diapers for me", which technically is in fact the same thing. But like I said im a softee and am willing to give up money if you whittle me down so I just reach in my wallet give her a $20 and walk off. Driving home as usual I was angry at myself for giving that much money at once to someone so I had to sort of convince myself it was a good thing to do. I was even more angry since that was money directly given to me by my parents when they visited earlier that month so I did in fact give someone money my mom had given to me. Its acctaully funny I thought "well my mom would be proud of me to know I helped someone out". I called her a week later and brought it up and she said "I know you're a generous person and glad you were willing to help someone out...but I dont want you giving people money"

I have had others more often perform random acts of kindness tho like another time I went to a gas station and had a guy from the other side of the pump say "hey you want free gas? My company pays for my work truck and I need to use up this months account". So im like "hell yeah!" and filled up my tank for free.

Another time I went to the super market and had milk and cereal in my hands and put it on the belt. The person in front of me who had a whole order said as she was paying "ill also pay for the person behind me". I was shocked as I wasnt even paying attention and didnt know this person. "are you sure?" and she says "oh yeah, if thats all you have". So someone was willing to pay for my few items because they had such a large order to begin with.

• Brohoof 1

Neighbours across the street helped me and my dad shovel our driveway this past Sunday much to my surprise. I didn't even know they were doing it until I came back from shovelling the path down the side of our house and in the back garden.

• Brohoof 1

I cleaned up the Toilets in our Working Place a few times, i gave People something to eat for free sometimes and i trow trash in the trash can, sometimes when i see it.

And i try to be nice to all people.

• Brohoof 1

I love this thread. A few days ago I paid for someone's meal at Applebee's without them knowing. One thing I would do was pick up extra coffees from the cafeteria at the hospital for families in the OR waiting room

• Brohoof 2

Another day at the train station I met a guy who had lost his train pass, thus was unable to return home. I used mine for him so he could get into the train. A couple of weeks earlier, I did the same for a couple who had lost their money. The interesting part was that both of those cases happened when I just felt to make a different route for a chance, and ended up meeting those people.

• Brohoof 1