Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Best Rainbow Dash Episodes

Flamestreak1990

Rainbow Dash has a lot of good episodes to her name, now that I think about it. There's a few duds that range from shoddy to levels of ineptitude that rip a hole in the fabric or reality, but there's a lot of great ones to choose from.

My favorite of Dash's outings remains "Wonderbolt Academy." I didn't expect much from its description, but it blew me away with its level of maturity, its perfect characterizations, its animation, its general level of coolness, and its ultimate lesson. Following her great appearance in "Sleepless in Ponyville," it was "Wonderbolt Academy" that made Dash one of my favorite characters.

• Brohoof 3

I love Sonic Rainboom, and Wonderbolts Academy a lot, and Read it and Weep and Sleepless in Ponyville are great too, but I have to say Testing, Testing is my favorite. It's just an all around fantastic episode that makes me feel good, not to mention the best scene in the episode, Rainbow fooling around on her stool.

• 1 year later...

So many. I loved Sonic Rainboom, Read it and Weep, Wonderbolts Academy, Daring Don't, and Testing Testing 123. All of these episodes show off her best traits in my opinion. Also, if we're talking about supporting roles, she has had a lot of good ones too. Such as Hurricane Fluttershy, Sleepless in Ponyville, and Rarity Investigates.

• Brohoof 2

Wonderbolts Academy is not only my favourite Rainbow Dash episode, but it is also my favourite episode of the series. It has some of the greatest characterisation from Dash I have ever seen and is interesting to see her interact with Lightning Dust. But I also love Sleepless in Ponyville. Both are fantastic episodes.

• Brohoof 1

My favorite will have to be Tanks for the memories because it's very different from the other rainbow dash episode we have seen so far. The episode shows a different emotional side to rainbow dash that isn't seen that often. The episode has the first Rainbow dash solo song in the series. It is called I'll Fly. I mostly like it when episodes bring out another side to a character. 

All rainbow dash centered episodes are all good.

• Brohoof 2

Asking me to pick my favorite Rainbow Dash episode is like asking a parent to pick their favorite child. Dashie is already best pony, so picking her best stand-out moment is going to be a monumental task (but i'm up for the challenge as Dash has taught me to never give up  :ph34r:).

Since I can only pick 1 episode, I am going to have to go with Testing, Testing, 123. This is my favorite episode of season 4 and Amy Keating Rogers just nails RD's character perfectly. Dash is brash and short with her friends but it never feels like she takes it too far. The way that Twi and RD interact with each other just feels so real and touching. Procrastination and different modes of learning are something that EVERYONE can relate to no matter your age, gender, or upbringing. This episode single-handedly made my love and adoration for Dashie go through the stratosphere and pierce the heavens  :wub:

The good episodes she's in focus not only on her strength and tenacity but also her vulnerability as well.  I liked Testing Testing for that (could she have a learning disability? dyslexia?) I also liked Tanks for the Memories for that.  Both episodes dealt with themes that were challenging and gave one a deeper appreciation for Dash as a character.

• Brohoof 1

Best episode for dash is DEFINITELY wonderbolt academy.
Seeing dash stand up for her integrity and show that her dreams aren't worth it if she has to sacrifice who she IS was incredibly, and Lightning dust (and spitfire to an extent) were incredible foils to her.

Absolutely great episode; Honestly though, it kind of makes me wish that dash would take another path in life, like free lance adventurer (ala daring do) than be a wonderbolt.

After that, Sonic rainboom. THE definitive rainbow dash episode, the one that everyone remembers, and one of the "Big" episodes of S1 that was so important to make the brony phenomenon happen.

Next up, Test testing 123. Really great episode, Vulnerable dash, plus enjoyable twilight.

I also sort of like Rainbow Falls, even if I am well aware of all of the flaws in that episode. I honestly don't know why I like that episode, really. :P

Because you enjoyed watching it?  That's why I like that episode. xD  Bandaged Dash and Dramatic Actress Dash are still a couple of high points in the series for me, and both happened in Rainbow Falls.  The fandom tells us that you aren't supposed to like Rainbow Falls, Daring Don't, or Mysterious Mare Do Well; I like all three.  The fandom can go suck an egg on those fronts.

• Brohoof 2

The good episodes she's in focus not only on her strength and tenacity but also her vulnerability as well.  I liked Testing Testing for that (could she have a learning disability? dyslexia?) I also liked Tanks for the Memories for that.  Both episodes dealt with themes that were challenging and gave one a deeper appreciation for Dash as a character.

I think Testing Testing 123 portrays ADHD more than Dyslexia. It's common for people who have ADHD to also have Dyslexia, so it's possible that Rainbow has Dyslexia as well. Rainbow Dash shows to have ADHD throughout the entire series and would fit the DSM 5 criteria if we knew more about her childhood. (She wouldn't fit the criteria if she didn't show to have symptoms when she was younger.) She doesn't show to have dyslexia except for the fact that she hates to read. Then again, I hate to read, too, and I have dyslexia. Still, she didn't seem to have any problems reading in Read it and Weep despite her hatred of reading. I wouldn't say she doens't have dyslexia, but it seems unlikely.