Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Most Favorite princesses

Soldier Surplus

Any pony princess or royalty to chose as your favorite.

mine is: Twilight, even though she just became a princess in the end of  season 4...

EDIT: Twilight has been changed with Luna, I just want to keep the original post

Edited by The Boring Legend

Well, according to my official rulebook, a Pony can only be allowed two category rankings.

Best Pony

Best Mane Six

Best CMC

Best Princess

Best Secondary Pony (not CMC)

Best Secondary Pony

Best Antagonist

Best Villian

Best Pet

Best Inanimate

By the logic vested in me, which isn't that strong, I declare Twilight eligible for only Best Pony and Best Mane Six lists. This frees me up me to say, with no internal friction, that Luna is Best Princess.

:comeatus:

Yay loopholes

:D

Tough question.  The princesses, except for Twilight, don't do much, so it's hard to get to know them.  And as for Twilight... dunno, I've just never really taken to her.  But you did say your favorite princess or royalty qualified, and so my favorite is now Princess Blueblood.  Yay loopholes!

I'm gonna be boring and say I choose Luna, although I also really like Cadance (she is sweet and I like her colors). Luna has just been through more and I really believe in the ability of others to become good again after they have done wrong.

I don't know. I say Luna is my favorite but that constantly changes. I've been liking the other two more these days.

I'd say the other three but I don't really apply Twilight with them.

Edited by Felix

Cadance is pretty underrated these days so I'm going to root for her.

She's got a kind personality and is the princess of "love", how awesome is that!

And plus I loved Canterlot Wedding, so al that was pretty well and good.

Her character has gone into a bit more background than Celestia and Luna though. We really need more episodes on those two!

Well let's see... Who do I have the most pictures of on my computer... Let's take a look and find out!

post-27099-0-17925400-1408516781_thumb.jpg

post-27099-0-17935700-1408516788_thumb.png

post-27099-0-30704300-1408516795_thumb.png

post-27099-0-95337700-1408516814.gif

post-27099-0-94502500-1408516802_thumb.jpg

Hm... Judging by that I would think Celestia is my favorite...  :pout:

Ok serious business nows; Let me give an explanation for why I like the Princess of the Night so much, despite most people not enjoying her for feeling she is "overrated"

Character (Part 1);

Yes I know, Luna is "overrated" but I personally find her to just have the best character overall (Twilight not counting, because she hasn't been a Princess long enough to really be on the same level of Cadance, Celestia, & Luna). She has a relatable backstory, she has flaws, her design (& including NMM's design) are both gorgeous, & she actually feels like she really wants to be a part the ponies of Equestria. Oh, yeah, Cadance & Celestia do too but... I never really felt like they had the need to go out & be with ponies. Cadance is Love incarnate, & by pony standards is probably what would be considered perfection for looks (which fits the whole "love" aspect), so I don't think she would have a hard time being beloved. Celestia is the Sun, & ponies have grown up hearing stories about her & her victories against foes such as Discord, Sombra, Nightmare Moon, & so on, & while Luna was around for Discord & Sombra I don't think the history books will contain much about her since she most likely would have been taken out of the story because of her becoming Nightmare Moon. However Luna tried to take out the freaking SUN during her time of the month Nightmare Moon stage. She would have a lot on her shoulders while trying to get ponies to like her again, & gives her a very deep need & longing for love & acceptance from subjects she tried to basically destroy, since a lack of sun means no food which of course means nothing to eat & you know where that goes. Not something that is just forgiven with an apology & a fruit basket...

Character (Part 2);

In the show, she was a very tentative but bold pony who wanted to be accepted, but due to a lack of knowledge on pony culture 1,000 years into the future it tends to be a bit of a "fish out of water" scenario. There isn't much to say about her in the show, as we have only seen one episode with her getting the spotlight & only 3 episodes where she gets a decent amount of dialogue, but she does feel like a character who wants to prove she has changed for the better as well as willing to help the fillies of the CMC, & is what Discord should be (a reformed villain who wants acceptance & love but is treated with some suspicion) but just doesn't do for me. Comic Luna is a much better example of her character, right from her first appearance where she ropes Big Mac into being her partner for activities at a fair. She has a very fun, energetic attitude (which can be attested to character growth on her part, trying to be less Luna pre-"Luna Eclipsed" & more "Hey look at me, I am not Nightmare Moon!") & a very bouncy, enjoyable air around her. Now of course it is harder to use the comics as less people have seen them & they don't have the same ability to create emotion & animation as, well, animation, but I feel for what it is worth she pulls it off in the comics, in all of her appearances.

Design;

Also, I just like her design more. I mean, I've always had a thing for darker, sleeker colors & designs; Blacks, navy blues, reds... That kind of stuff has always been a big stickler for me, & Luna fits the bill. If I want to get even pickier I also like her mane & tail better than her sister's; The blues & the little almost star like sparkles in it make it look gorgeous. Finally, I am one of the few people I know who like the NightMares, & while Moon was Luna infected with the evil & Nightmarity was Rarity infected with the evil, it is still Luna's dark side, & holy crap do both of their designs look gorgeous. Very evil, but also incredibly elegant, with an almost seductive look for Rarity's NightMare form & a very hard, almost battle-ready form for Moon, both of the NightMares pull off a very amazing design.

Voice;

Finally, I just love the way she talks. It is this very "I want to be respected, but I don't want people to fear me tone." Even when the CANTERLOT VOICE WAS ACTIVATED, I never felt she was aiming to be something massive. I felt it was more of a "Little attention please" kind of tone in my opinion, & not even in a snobby way: More of a "I want to be loved too" attitude, not a tantrum in progress. Tabitha, in all of her roles, has some AMAZING voice acting, & Luna (as well as Moon) has a beautiful & regal tone of voice that, even when toned down with the help of FlutterShy, she still had a very distinct, strong tone that held a very timid but hopeful edge that carried her desire to be respected & loved like everyone else perfectly in my opinion.

To sum it all up, Luna may be overrated, but I don't feel she gets a lot of love for nothing. She is a relatable character with a gorgeous design, flaws, a beautiful voice, & a very fun character who gets some very cute, enjoyable moments in both the comics & show.

*Looks back at my post* Holy princesses when did I type that much...  :wacko:

*Edit* Sweet Celestia! Ok I am editing this into spoilers, that is a ton of text & it is a bit overwhelming.

*Edit 2* Oh yeah, one more thing;

LunaShy = Adorable incarnate. Yes, I am using that as a reason for why I love Luna so much, sue me!

post-27099-0-69565300-1408519209.gif

post-27099-0-18343300-1408519216_thumb.png

post-27099-0-16297100-1408519221_thumb.jpg

Edited by KokuraiNoSenshi
  • Brohoof 1

princess_luna_by_blackywolfer-d4gbycv.jp

The one with the round, complex and antagonistic personality.

Plus,

COLORS

b9d537c95d54073fb84f6e96ac08e7a0-d5uli4k

EDIT:

To sum it all up, Luna may be overrated, but I don't feel she gets a lot of love for nothing. She is a relatable character with a gorgeous design, flaws, a beautiful voice, & a very fun character who gets some very cute, enjoyable moments in both the comics & show.

This seems to be oxymoronic. xD You feel Luna doesn't deserve the attention she gets but you feel like she's understandable in that sense? 

Edited by IncognitoKiwoy

EDIT:

This seems to be oxymoronic. xD You feel Luna doesn't deserve the attention she gets but you feel like she's understandable in that sense? 

Uh first off, oxymoron*. Not oxymoronic lol, sorry but the latter sounds a bit... Passive aggressive. Not attacking you, just don't want you to go around saying that & people getting the wrong idea lols... And no, what I meant was that people tend to see her as overrated, but I feel that she isn't so highly rated because she is a bad character with a couple of points that make her important to others (which is what people seem to usually mean when they talk about an overrated character). She gets so much praise because she is a good character, & deserves the attention she gets

• Brohoof 1

Celestia, no doubt! I love Cadance too, both are very beautiful characters, but Celestia is one of my favorites in the show. She deserves a lot of love   

Edited by Jaref
  • Brohoof 1