Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you get mad when someone criticizes your favourite childhood thing?

Revy ~ Two Hands

Do you get mad?  

63 users have voted

1. 1. Do you get mad?

• Yes I am very mad!
    • U mad bro?

I don't really get mad over this sort of thing. I get a tad peeved when people make judgements with intent to arouse anger. I'm not so hopelessly loyal to childhood stuff really. I like the past and nostalgic stuff is a pleasure to watch again when I have time, but I am not blinded by love or anything else to the point where I am blind to faults. Nostalgia is really powerful stuff, but it's not the end all be all. Still reminders of the better days are always nice.

Of course not everyone will agree with what you liked in your childhood, so I can honestly care less if something I like from my childhood gets criticized by someone else. Because I would know that that is his/her own perspective and that they may not agree with you all the time.

I don't get mad at that kind of thing. Its other Ponies opinions on what they like. Getting mad at that little detail is kinda anti-productive. I could be watching more MLP or my favorite childhood show (Pretty much all of Classic Cartoon Network)  than arguing about which character people don't like lol. 

• Brohoof 1

• 11 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Oh yes, this is very reliable. There are certain people who dislike or rant about my favorite topics. Whether if it's video games or a variety of genres. I get very mad or upset, I might be over exaggerating but I like to defend things that I most likely enjoy despite what other people might have an opinion on.

Edited by Ruchiyoto

Yes I get absolutely furious. No one has the right to have an opinion about my childhood and how good/bad/hellish it was :angry: <- First time user of this emoji, OMG

• Brohoof 2

depends, I do get angry if they start going on about how "weird" or "creepy" it is (namely thinking about mlp g3 here :/ ). just cause you didn't like it as a kid doesn't mean it's not bad media. it's just rude to insult someone's childhood interest they have emotional ties to

If someone has a different opinion of something I hold deeply special, that’s their prerogative. They don’t have to share my interests any more than I have to share theirs. But if someone knows something in particular is deeply special to me and attacks it anyway is simply insensitive and rude. If they want to offer an opposing opinion they can do so politely and with civility. That’s all I ask.

• Brohoof 1

I’d be lying if I said I never get upset.  I can be the type of person who doesn’t understand how people don’t like the same things I do with the same amount of passion, and I can get annoyed when they don’t.  

But I can’t say I ever get mad.  

I don't mind a small/reasonable about of criticism but when it's constant nit-picking then it definitely gets on my nerves. 

• Brohoof 1

I don't mind it, it'd seem like a waste of energy to get mad at everyone who complains about something I used to, or still do like, from my childhood.  It's no big deal to me because there's probably problematic things surrounding whatever it is they were talking about.

• 1 month later...

It doesn't bother me inherently, it's just an opinion, It only bothers me when someone either A: says it to spite me, B: states it as a fact, or C: makes a criticism that they can't really back up.

The first of these two is rare, and hey, even the third one while more common, I personally usually just leave it as a simple disagreement, I only make it a problem if said person I disagree with decides to make it one.