Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

....What's happened to the fandom?

MK15

The fandom, the fandom has changed

The fandom has changed. It's no longer about ponies, morals, or  OCs. It's an endless series of proxy battles fought by shitposters  and white knights. The fandom - and its consumption of money - has become a well-oiled machine. The fandom has changed . Oc tagged bronies with oc tagged posts, use oc tagged software. Fedoras atop their bodies enhance and regulate their abilities. Pandering Control. Analyst  control. Emotion control.Fandom control. Everything is monitored and kept under control. The fandom  has changed. The age of bronies has become the age of control...All in the name of averting catastrophe from stealers of waifus. And he who controls the waifus...controls bronies. The fandom  has changed. When the fandom is under total control...shitposting becomes routine

This is the greatest post ever

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, I really don't have a problem with analysts having negative views about episodes. I mean heck, I can understand why some episodes, which I personally liked, wouldn't be liked by the more prudent analysers. I know episodes like "Daring Don't" and "It Ain't Easy Being Breezies" weren't exactly popular with them, but I can understand why.

The best thing to do is to not let their opinions affect your views; specifically if it bothers you. I still have a LOT of respect for guys like DigiBrony.

• Brohoof 3

img-3056493-1-1386299603530.jpg

Mate, the fandom has not gone negative, you have. I am sure that very few people have seen a startling amount of negativity. The fandom is not dying, or becoming negative, whatever. In fact, Season 4 is getting a LOT of praise.  We have had this thread appear many times.

Where did you get the whole 'fandom is negative' thing from?

It appears I was too late for my response, lol.  Yet I agree............we have too many threads discussing Brony's negativity towards the show now.  However, I also agree that Season 4 had a large amount of praise, and i see nothing negative about it (except for the Filli Vanilli incident, if i remember). 

@,

No (59 votes [77.63%])

As you were saying?

The analysts are not a big part of the community. Digibrony has been falling out of the fandom for ages, and other analysts have given great options to S4. Digibrony's views have not dropped because of S4, but because other, better analysts are coming to light and kicking him out of his spotlight.

MLP is going as strong as ever and is currently one of the largest fandoms on the internet. People are just cooking up drama.

The fandom, the fandom has changed

The fandom has changed. It's no longer about ponies, morals, or  OCs. It's an endless series of proxy battles fought by shitposters  and white knights. The fandom - and its consumption of money - has become a well-oiled machine. The fandom has changed . Oc tagged bronies with oc tagged posts, use oc tagged software. Fedoras atop their bodies enhance and regulate their abilities. Pandering Control. Analyst  control. Emotion control.Fandom control. Everything is monitored and kept under control. The fandom  has changed. The age of bronies has become the age of control...All in the name of averting catastrophe from stealers of waifus. And he who controls the waifus...controls bronies. The fandom  has changed. When the fandom is under total control...shitposting becomes routine

Twilight from the future agrees.

I'm just going to jump on in and say I might label myself as a "negative" member of the community. However, it is hardly the shows fault, it is my own fault and the communities fault.

I personally feel that the community has lost a lot of its creativity and uniqueness. Where are all the Jackleapps, Livingtombstones, and other great musicians who started out? The only musician I can think of who has released a song recently is Aviators, and that was one from Equestria Girls. It seems like nothing new is coming out of the fandom. It's just people talking about trivial things and waiting for the next season to start.

Now I understand part of that is because we are in-between seasons, but it still feels like there is a lack of new stuff happening within the fandom and it bothers me a little. One critique I have especially against this forum is the trivial things we are talking about. "Can twilight do a twilight version of the sonic rainboom?" "Could celestia defeat Superman in a fight?" "What are the differences between alicorn and pegasi wings." Now this is my negative side talking. Who cares... it doesn't matter if she can do a sonic twilightboom, superman doesn't exist in this universe, and why should it matter that they are different, which they arent. They are both made out of feathers and help them fly.

I have barely watched this place as of late because NOTHING NEW HAPPENS. There are no new conversations of value, there are no new songs, no new projects being done, and to be honest, I feel like I am becoming too negative and unfun for this place. I am starting to feel embarrassed again by being a brony. 

Please prove me wrong and show me that the creative side of the community is just as alive as it has always been and that I really am just being an old fogey and need to lighten up.

What's happened? Why the fandom is become so terribly negative toward the show at the point that people are bashing everything about it except the first season? I've seen a terrible negativity in forums lately, bronies are insulting very badly, they know only word violence now.... it's look like that there's not anymore difference between haters and bronies... what's going on? Why all this negativity? 

Is there proof of this? Some graph measuring a decline in interest? Surveys?

• Brohoof 1

There's going to be disagreements and arguments, but I don't think the fandom is all that negative as I used to think. It's got some bad eggs in it, but most of the fandom is just people trying to enjoy the show and the people in it. There will be arguments, disagreements, and battles.

I don't like any of it, but welcome to human nature. Some people just have this innate instinct where they just HAVE to burst when someone doesn't agree with them on an issue, or vise versa.

So, chin up, bucko, because some things are fucking awful, but it a'int so bad.

• Brohoof 2

Honestly I haven't noticed a general negativity towards the show. But then again I tend to frequent Equestria Daily and even then I just tend to lurk there so I probably might not be very certified to answer that with any clarity. You may just be responding to the magnified minority whom complains the loudest about the show. Meaning that they seem larger than they really are.

• Brohoof 2

There are places that are super negative about the show, places where fans use their anonymity to flaunt their lust and sexual frustrations, and places where fans push a hyper aggressive, wild eyed, social agenda. The show and its tenants are secondary there. Then there's this place, where none of that happens. If MLPF is some sort of sanctuary from it all, then good for those of us who prefer this site over others.

• Brohoof 1

I've seen some negativity towards Season 3 because it was so short and because of changes such as Twilicorn or Twilight's new castle. I felt seasons 1-3 were just the start of the show. (Unlike Spongebob where seasons 1-3 were the peak) I found Season 4 just had a lot more variety. Even though Season 3 is my least favorite, I don't dislike it. But that's all the negativity I can come up with.

What's happened? Why the fandom is become so terribly negative toward the show at the point that people are bashing everything about it except the first season? I've seen a terrible negativity in forums lately, bronies are insulting very badly, they know only word violence now.... it's look like that there's not anymore difference between haters and bronies... what's going on? Why all this negativity? 

Some bronies are negative. Some bronies are positive. It's a balance of life, and is essential in a community. I think that most people on these forums are wonderful though.

• Brohoof 1

Read my post again. I said "most vocal". The tallest trees catch the most wind.

Digibrony's, for example, views dropped significantly when he started becoming more critical of Season 4. I didn't notice any big increase in viewers from other "negative" reviewers either.

I never said that it wasn't okay. I'm just pointing it out.

I think that you may be correct. I hadn't heard of Dr. Wolf for example until after I joined this board. And it looks like during the same time some of the analysts have dropped subs and views (during season 4) he doubled. Considering Wolf tends to be the more positive of the analysts ... you may have a point that people don't want a steady stream of passive aggressive reviews.

• Brohoof 2

I think that you may be correct. I hadn't heard of Dr. Wolf for example until after I joined this board. And it looks like during the same time some of the analysts have dropped subs and vies (during season 4) he doubled. Considering Wolf tends to be the more positive of the analysts ... you may have a point that people don't want a steady stream of passive aggressive reviews.

That explains why reviewers like Mr. Enter, Dr. Wolf, Silver Quill and Firebrand got more subs in season 4 well Digi and Tommy's subs fell.

I'm generally more positive and less critical or analytical concerning the show than I am about...  Practically everything else lol.  The comparative mediocrity of everyday life. xD <----- I fell over as I was so overwhelmed by said mediocrity.  Instead of focusing on the negative, seek out and...

Accentuate the positive:

There are places that are super negative about the show, places where fans use their anonymity to flaunt their lust and sexual frustrations, and places where fans push a hyper aggressive, wild eyed, social agenda. The show and its tenants are secondary there. Then there's this place, where none of that happens. If MLPF is some sort of sanctuary from it all, then good for those of us who prefer this site over others.

Yeah, I've tried out forums that were supposedly MLP forums in the past and they were just full of jerks who almost never spoke about the show and who were just plain nasty in general.

• Brohoof 1

@,

No (59 votes [77.63%])

As you were saying?

The poll results have nothing to do with the point I was trying to make. The posts in the thread is what I meant for you to look at

Edited by Rivendare

now why they hate on all the other seasons is beyond me the story just keeps getting better adding more action like how we were introduced to S2 E1 and E2 or improving on Pinkie's comedy she is now the only cartoon character that can make me laugh what's not to like about what they have done? nothing is bad about the show it has felt like the same old show since the first episode even Equestria Girls was enjoyable and half the fandom bashed it for no good reason but I'm getting off topic ah yes now I can see S3 getting hated a bit it did have the worst episode in the series S3 E13 but they redeemed them selves in S4 which also seems to get hated on a bit and in my opinion was the best season I'm not saying every episode is perfect and everypony is entitled to their own opinion but if your part of the fandom and hate everything after S1 you might as well find another fandom to join

Place where the negativity is high? Well, Roundstable and /mlp/ to say some, and that Antony C that hated PINKIE PRIDE AND TWILIGHT'S KINGDOM, THE TWO BEST EPISODES OF THE SHOW.  Digibrony maybe gone, Byter maybe someone that nobody cares of him, but until there will be them, the negativity will be high.

And what worries me the most, is that this negativity could put the whole show at serious risks: it could get bad ratings and getting cancelled, or could get a terrible reputation because the negativity. I don't know what to say guys.... I'm seriously worried.... 

Place where the negativity is high? Well, Roundstable and /mlp/ to say some, and that idiot of Antony C that hated PINKIE PRIDE AND TWILIGHT'S KINGDOM, THE TWO BEST EPISODES OF THE SHOW. Digibrony maybe gone, Byter maybe someone that nobody cares of him, but until there will be them, the negativity will be high.

And what worries me the most, is that this negativity could put the whole show at serious risks: it could get bad ratings and getting cancelled, or could get a terrible reputation because the negativity. I don't know what to say guys.... I'm seriously worried....

Has Antony c even mentioned pinkie pride? Also, with every negative critic there is always a positive critic. Digi and Byters reviews feel more like nitpicking than actual reviews. Also, I wouldn't worry about the viewers since every 2 parter keeps getting more viewers. And besides, mlp is currently hasbro's biggest money maker. They wouldn't cancel it.

Dealing with nostalgia can be such a chore

In all media, people love what came before

They claim it was best back then

Those, who claim to be wise men

But they don't see the good in whats current

Willing to accept change, they weren't 

• Brohoof 3