Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where were you when 9/11 happened?

Moved to Elsewhere

I didn't know it existed back then, or to say was not aware of it. I was 11 i think at that time, i was more busy with PS2 and playing Sonic games and hanging out with friends. 9/11 was something i knew more about with time, internet and current political events.

It was pretty horrible though, the things that happend. I can't imagine how horrible it has to be to experience this stuff in general.

Edited by Trine

I was ten years old. I was getting ready for my first day of school after I had transferred. I remember the TV being on when the first plane hit. I was like what just happened. The second plane hit on live TV and then all hell broke out. I remember being on my way to school and seeing squadrons of fighters flying overhead because of the nuclear reactor down south. The entire state militarized. 

I was ten years old. I was getting ready for my first day of school after I had transferred. I remember the TV being on when the first plane hit. I was like what just happened. The second plane hit on live TV and then all hell broke out. I remember being on my way to school and seeing squadrons of fighters flying overhead because of the nuclear reactor down south. The entire state militarized. 

I was like 4 at the time but totally oblivious to the fact that two towers just got blown up. In fact, I was completely unaware 9/11 was even a thing until a few years later. I'm sure this gives you a good idea of how shit my attention span is.

I was unemployed in Berkeley, California at the time.  I'd just gotten up and was getting ready to start job-hunting for the day when my father called and told me to turn on the news.  I spent the rest of the day with my eyes glued to the screen as events unfolded.  (By the time I tuned in, the second plane had already hit, but the plane crash at the Pentagon had not occurred or been reported yet.)

I'm pretty sure I was in school, I actually remember sitting in class when the teacher told everyone to get quite. Moments later, the principal spoke over the intercom telling us all what had just happened. We were released early and watched the news on the TV until the buses arrived.

On the morning of September 11th, 2001, a little 3 year old me was sitting at my desk at my church's pre-school program for 3-4 year olds. Little chunky me was probably struggling how to count when it happened. Now I can easily count....but still struggle in math...

I was getting ready for school one morning, when my mom was freaking out about a plane crashing into a tower.

When I got to school, that was all anyone would do--watch the burning tower on the news.

I didn't know the importance of it. I only knew one thing: planes crash all the time! Seven-year-old Regulus had no understanding of why it was so strange for a plane to crash into a tower. I thought that was an inevitably, considering how big the tower was. It's hard to miss, y'know?

I was doing something. I really don't know. Maybe excited for my birthday which was in two day or my new baby sister who was coming soon. All I know is that my Dad was planting trees in our yard for some reason.

But the way some describe hearing about 9/11 is something I've only experience twice, remembering where you were and what you doing. Never a big political event or something but some day, I'll hear that some thing massive happened far away, like nukes being dropped somewhere that isn't a millitary testing site or someone being assassinated. And maybe, in 14 years after it, a similar question will be posed to be me on a site like this and I'll say what I remember. But that day isn't today and maybe something like 9/11 will never happen again. I doubt that will happen.

I was about 2-3 years old at the time. I guess I was just at home when my parents heard it on the news

Recess, 3rd grade. I remember it ended early and everyone was confused as to why. We came in, and the teacher put on the television, which was recapping the events of what had just happened. If I remember right, the first building was struck but the second was fine at the time, but I can't remember that well.

I was 3. I was adorable. I was innocent. I was at daycare. I had no idea what was going on, my only concern was not pooping my pants because I had a really hard time with potty training.

actually, now that I think of it, I did poop my pants. Gross, I know, but I was in trainers so it was okay. My mom picked me up from daycare and all I remember after that is my mom took me to my dad's work, changed me, and didn't yell at me. I was surprised, little 3 year old me. So shocked that I did it again the next day! I got yelled at that time...

Edited by Star-Lord

• 1 month later...

I don't know, I guess I was home chilling, I did not really hear about it since I was so young. I only knew about the war, not about the attack itself. 

I was in 6th grade in the classroom and we were taking a quiz when the principal came on over the speaker and alerted the whole school that people flew planes into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. The principal then dismissed everyone for the rest of the day and we all went home early, and when I got home my mom told me more and I saw on the news the whole story.

I was 1 at the time, so I remember nothing. My mom told me that her classes dismissed early, and she came to get me from my babysitters. I wasn't really aware of the event until I was a little older...

When 9/11 happened i was in elementary school and not too young to understand what was going on, the teachers actually turned on the tvs to the news to get the information that was happening. It was probably the worst thing that the teachers could have done in a classroom full of young kids but they did it anyway and we were all going to find out anyway