Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

phoenix cocked her head a bit at smokey. she wasn't expecting him to be able to see the fact that she was rolling her eyes. although, she wasn't attempting to hide it either "it was a bit cheesy, i'll admit" she spoke up, as they continued to trot. "and yeah, i suppose you assumed by my name that i'm interested in that sort of thing" she says with a sigh "i am. so were my people" she said continuing "and as much as it pains me to admit, i enjoyed learning those few things from you" she said as she blushed, avoiding eye contact. it certainly was embarrassing to admit, seeing as she  was the type of pony who held her pride a little too dearly. her enjoyment for learning, as well as her curiosity certainly could be her biggest weaknesses, if played at correctly. 

Edited by ~Phoenix~
  • Brohoof 1

@Foxy Socks

Stardust nodded to Foxy's words "Sounds like a plan miss Foxy" he replied cheerfully as he walked over to her after placing the Phoenix on his back so the little bird would not get left behind "Do you have any idea where you would like to eat?" he then asked looking back to Foxy again. Stardust was really beginning to like this little town, as so far all the ponies he had met had been super friendly even the stallion  from the tea shop had been super nice

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom @CentipedeGhoul

Satin turned to the stallion and smiled. "You are quite close with your assumption, but you aren't one-hundred percent correct. It isn't just vibrating my wings, but rubbing them together as well. By doing both of those things at once, I can make a more dynamic sound, as you heard." She bowed to both of the ponies. "I thank you both for the compliments. I'm glad I managed to keep you interested Vivid."

Satin looked around the room and her smile widened. She saw the bewildered and awestruck faces of the ponies around her. She flicked her tongue and could taste the admiration filling the room. She sighed. "Thank Celestia that worked. Everyone seems to have calmed down greatly." She turned to Vivid and tilted her head slightly. "What did you find out there, by the way?"

@Holiday Agnaktor @Blitz Boom

summer tilted her head when blue mentioned that her landlord had probably kicked her out "so you don't have a home now? are you homeless? for how long have you been here then that your landlord kicked you out? if you want to you can live with me untill you can get your house back" she said, her ears hanging low because she felt so sorry for Blue. 

then she nodded to frosty and chuckled "hmm... yea, sleep sounds nice indeed" she muttered, it had been an extremely long day, she couldn't even remember for how long she had been up, much too long if you asked her. she walked over to the soft moss bed that Lyriel had created and found a cosy spot for herself. 

On 23/04/2017 at 11:06 PM, Blitz Boom said:

"I know only of the dryads were I am from, and among them... I'm the only one who still remember our ways. I have yet to even hear of others of my kind anywhere."

Lyriel sounded saddened, remembering her now-corrupt kind as she put a hand to the ground and made nature reclaim the rocket that Blood had set up. That meaning that vines, moss and such climbed it, took it down and rotted it slowly on the ground, making it quickly unusable. She knew that Blood would want to perhaps use it, but as the guard had mentioned, it could be dangerous to those in the air, and she did not wish to burden the locals if possible.

It was one of the reasons she kept her distance for now too. She knew that they had a lot to deal with these days, and did not find it in her heart to put more on their shoulders for the time being. Better for her to stay in the forest, observing those who passed through, learned what she could from a distance, and did hers to do something she had missed for years: Tend to the animals.

"Perhaps the day will come when another of my kind passes through, and we will raise new seedlings to populate these joyful lands, but until then, I at least have the animals here to help. Especially these timber wolves, as your kind calls them. They have such... Anger in them, but beneath the savagery, they are still some of the earth mothers blessed beings, and they need me to soothe them.

They will still not let me near the alpha, nor even tell me which one she is, but progress is being made. It will take time for them to trust me, yet I feel that if I get enough time, she will accept my audience.

What of you little one? Do you have someone in your life? Or perhaps you follow another purpose?"

Blood Drops blinked, "Nope, not found another male with my condition yet, though I could infect one" she remarked, thinking about it. She let out a 'hmmmm' sound, "good idea tree thing, if I find a male I like, I will infect it" I remarked sitting down. She liked that new conclusion she had drawn from her new wise tree friend. 

She frowned as the tree destroyed her firework, "Hey I was going to use  those fireworks, anyway. They were not mine to begin with, so you got to pay for the damages anyway" she remarked to the tree.

She snorted "I don't go to your forest and start burning stuff, do I" I added sourly 

@Lloyd

"I ain't thinking you understand what I'm on about lad. I don't have an inkling for wanting to go evil, the dang thing stuck in my head does. Momma didn't raise some kind of villain here.

Guess you need some context though. Long story short, I got into some blood rituals to try and transform myself into a griffin, and well... Didn't go over too well. Got some sort of evil influence trying to take me over instead and went into a coma. Friend passed by and helped seal it up in my head so it couldn't go out and do horrible stuff, and usually I can't really feel it up there. Then this legless bugger shows up and all of a sudden it's pounding my head like a tourist attraction."

It wasn't entirely true that he couldn't hear the voice in his head per se, but dream influence didn't feel like it was impactful enough to really count in his mind right now, since he surely wasn't expected to go fighting in his sleep. It'd be cool, he'd grant them that, but come on.

"Anyway, to get back on track here, I agree that we'll need to get to Golden, but you three stooges can't go and do it. You're needed in the fight against this Warlock guy. Since I can't help battling anyway, I'll go handle the diplomatic sky-sniffer. Either by setting up a meeting of sorts, or just turning myself in and say I'll only answer to him when they toss me into the dungeon. Might give me a bit of time to get a chat with him and sort a few things, or at least buy you some time while they keep their focus on me.

And Scarcity... She's a special pony who I've always seen have a hoof in plenty of stuff here in town, and not answer to anypony beyond who she want to. If there's somepony who'd be able to provide some neutral ground and send word discreetly to the palace it'd be her. Besides, something tells me she's gonna have some feelers out looking for me soon anyway. She tends to protect her investments well.

Could I get a look more at that there book before I need to try and sneak over there? Any sort of info I can give about these elements of disharmony is gonna help me not sound like a complete loon."

====================================================================

@Lloyd

"I agree to a point, but letting them know the details are ill advised. Knowing another being had escaped the garden, after the last time with Discord? It could cause panic, and we'd end with a complete mess and several hurt ponies even if the thing doesn't return. The guards would need to be on extra alert though, of course, but I have no doubt that the generals will do that regardless. Full Moon and Scorching Ray are very capable beings that will handle this sufficiently, and prepare the troops in case something starts to encroach.

It is better to let them see the ones we have seen, then inform them that these individuals are dangerous whilst I find somepony to check the library for any information about this statue that just erupted. We'd need to know who, or what, we're dealing with before taking this too far.

But there is no time to stand here and speak. I need to inform the generals, then it goes towards the town to set some things in motion. Would either of you care to join me with the generals, or shall I just return afterwards? Will be no more than a few minutes."

@Lloyd

"...Greed..."

The word would resonate around Warlock, whispering weakly on the edge of his mind.

"...Hear... Me?"

Something was trying to make contact with him, but the link were weak, and barely holding together as the being tried to stabilize the connection. It started to have something of a clang to it though. Not typical pony, but something more gruff in it. Draconian perhaps?

"Can you hear... Me now, bearer of disharmony?"

It had taken some minutes, but finally some kind of connection had been made somehow, though the voice was still weak and low. Wherever it came from had to be some distance away. Which were pretty accurate, as it emanated from the head of Chow, who were currently in Canterlot. Usually not a connection this being could make - or any for that matter, after it had been trapped - but amidst all the battle where Warlock had tossed the mares around in the garden, Chow had suffered a superficial hit that he didn't even notice. A scratch, where a droplet of blood had flung off and headed towards the legless former carrier of the Element of Greed.

It had been why there was so much pressure in Chows head, as the being had desperately done everything it could to embed a small portion of itself into the drop, which had taken all the energy it had been able to save up for years. Yet as it had sensed Warlock, it knew this to be worth the spending. At least, if it could talk with him, which were more likely than the irritating nancyboy.

"It have been a... Long time since I felt the... Aura of the elements. But I can sense it... On you. Along with such power..."

===============================================

@Trixie .

"Hey,. hold on there loverboy. The princess might get all sorts of impressed with you, but I don't think it will work that well if we wake her up, and the castle is looking kinda closed right now. Breaking and entering in the capitol is probably gonna get all sorts of trouble our way, so honestly, I'd wait until tomorrow then go see her at sunrise. Besides, that could mean we could go and do something tonight that might impress her tomorrow. I bet she'd be happy to see you if we did something nice around here."

Sorrow danced a little in place with a big grin on her face, thinking on how it'd be to actually meet the princess. Sure it'd be for Keeneye primarily, but that didn't mean that she couldn't tag along and see the princess herself. Legion spoke so highly of her, but she hadn't yet seen the princess in anything but pictures, so it was an exciting thought for her.

Stopping with her dancing suddenly, Sorrow perked her ears and tilted her head towards the inner parts of the garden, then paused... Before eventually just letting out a small sigh and giggle.

"Okay, just a guard. That's good. Thought I heard something else."

====================================================

@Shineling

Molotov got a little smile on his face when he heard what happened with the horn of his lil' sis who were pulling on her leash towards town like a dog bursting for a walk.

"Typical of her to get mixed into something like that, but eh, long as the core ain't busted, it should just take some time. In her age, a few months should likely do the trick if I remember right. You'd be amazed how many in our family have gone through this at some point. Not me yet, but it's been close a few times."

He got a flashback to a particular nasty scene where he had fallen down a ladder and went into the pile of rusty tools. He sure didn't look after that, and the medical team had a field day patching him up and pricking him with so many needles he could've been a pin cushion, but at least his horn had remained mostly unscathed. Just a few scratches.

"Perhaps it's something that I'll have to worry about less with Blitz after this. If you've managed to cope her enthusiasm even a bit, you sure have done something right Storm. I can see why she likes you so much. Heh, funny how things goes when she lands somewhere strange all alone, yet doesn't end up scared and in a pile, but instead getting work done and the watchful eyes of another protective big bro. You're really something special there Storm, and I mean that as a compliment."

========================================================

@dragon4111

Last didn't care much for politics. That sort were for fancy nobles with more words than brawl, and while she understood those had their placer, she also knew that it wasn't somewhere for her to even look. She was a fighter, not a pencil pusher.

What she did care about though, were the notion that Ancalagon had made there at the end, about some kid of friend of his that dies and became the mountains at Canterlot. Sounded pretty ludicrous to her, as what sort of being could die and then turn to stone like that? And especially something of that size.

Yet, before she could start asking questions, the sound of leathery wings above her caught her eye as a squadron of bat ponies flew past them and towards the building site, though a little off as they had likely not thought that the first shift had made as much progress as they had managed to. Some of the ones flying towards there were volunteer Night Guards that had come along with the princesses and figured they could be helpful, but others were more contacts of them. Some from Canterlot, some from surrounding woods, etc. Wasn't all that many, but they would do fine. Especially since here at night, they'd thrive, and the building needed to keep going.

They wouldn't be the only ones, but they were a sign that it was the time where the next shift started, exactly eight hours after the first began at 12. Better hope the kitchen staff were ready for this then, since they were gonna get a good deal of hungry workers who deserved a meal before they headed to bed. They had eight hours to work with for getting rest etc. before their next stint and they'd likely need to spend their time right, so too many delays wasn't good for them.

"Guess it's 20:00 then. Gonna have to get hold of that darn clock maker and get him to work again soon, or the morning shift is gonna have a hard time knowing the right time.

Anyway, what is it that you went on about with the mountain? Are you telling me that the mountains at the capitol is some kind of fossil?"

=======================================================

@Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich

Ziggy stood still for a moment and thought about what it was that Serenade said.

"You mean like, tossing the book at them? Seems a bit excessive, even if they said bad things. Though i guess that depends on what exactly they were saying and doing? I don't really condone hurting others ever, so I can't really support it, but I guess that might be a reason in Canterlot. Never really been there or had any sort of contact with royals, you know, beyond the times Princess Luna came around for you. Those were some fun times."

Thinking back on the few occasions, Ziggy was silent for a bit before getting back into the present day again.

"Or did you not mean to toss the book at them? I'm not entirely sure, but it sounded a bit like it. Otherwise something's gone waaaaay over my head again, hehe."

==================================================================

@genessee

Void looked a bit more up after what Lance said, but not all too convinced just yet about things. There was so much going on today and then this... Much as she liked to hear the words from her new companion here, it just wasn't as calming as hearin-

"What the heck? What kind of freaky-flank changeling is that supposed to be?"

IydX5Lt.png

The small pegasi wandered in from one of the side buildings, clearly looking for something when her eyes fell on Happy, who dutifully ignored her for the time being, which made her snort a little and look around the place, at which point her eyes fell on Void.

"There you are. I've been looking all over for you."

The mare wandered closer, and gave a suspicious, narrow glance towards Lance. Something which Void saw, and leaned forward to address, though it took her a few seconds to find the right words.

"It's okay big sis, he's friendly. Helped me a lot by standing here and talking with me."

Null didn't seem to convinced, but she eased up her gaze and planted herself near the two where she could keep an eye on them. A position that would show something interesting if Lance looked, which were that whilst she had a wing on the left side, she didn't have a right one. Saddlebag usually could hide that well, but they had stashed their cursed items somewhere safe for the time being and planted one of Null's feathers on it to keep it in check, so there was a full view.

"Well, if you say so Void."

Focusing her gaze on Lance for the time being, she sat down in the dirt to get a bit of rest for her hooves.

"I'm Null, Void's big sister. Who're you?"

=============================================================

@EQ_Theta

Mother was relieved to see that whilst he were tired and slipping away into unconsciousness, Sen were healing up well now, and would soon be well again. She didn't have the strength to have done much for them anymore as it were, and having this outside influence - even if it were not one she really trusted or liked currently - were quite literally a life saver.

That was the price of purging and harvesting, then returning the soul. It was draining, and without the support of her sisters and Mortimer, that energy were not limitless.

"Shh, save your energy now my child, you need rest. And Discord? I loathe to think of this, but I owe you greatly for saving one of mine. I could not have done so with any ease myself right now."

Discord laughed and snapped his fingers, placing himself on a pedestal marked *number one* with gold medals and flowers in his claws.

"The lord of chaos once more takes first place. Autographs starts behind the dotted line."

Omen looked over things, at how drained her mother seemed, and how Sen and Lin were not too fresh as it were right now, and eventually tilted her head over towards her master again, thinking that perhaps it was an idea to get him away right now, before his antics ended up hurting some of the tired beings.

"Why did you look for me master?"

"To deliver something, of course. Why else? I left it back home though, so you'll have to come with me to deliver iiiit."

"Okay, let's go then. Friends and Mother needs peace."

Omen waved a goodbye to the others before Discord snapped his fingers, and with a pop made them both vanish into thin air as they left this realm. At which point Mother took her large hand down and gently scoped Sen up from the floor, before rising up on her legs slowly again and reaching out for Lin.

"I don't know what have occurred before you arrived here, but I know that it have been an ordeal for us all. We should return to my home and rest ourselves for a little whilst you two get better, and perhaps then you can tell me why Sen now speaks of him being weak, when I know this to not be the truth."

Her warm gaze fell on Sen, and regardless of whatever or not he were conscious, she would go on, if for no other being, then for Lin.

"The being that tore into you Sen, were a strong one that nearly destroyed your body, but you managed to fight it off. To win over a swarm. Where is there weakness in being able to do that, which I doubt many others could? It might not seem like much to you now, but everything haves a start, and if you can see in yourself the bravery and strength that I can, then perhaps... No, this will be best if we cover another time. For now, you both need rest. Will you come with me please, Lin?"

Mother had touched on this before, the first time that Sen and Lin came here, but there were sources of power in most universes that could be gained by those who wished their power. If Sen truly wished other strength than that of his mind or bravery, then he too could seek this, and feel empowered if he so wished for it.

============================================================

@Midnight_Aurora

"Yeah, I wanna go home please."

"I wanna go out and see others. Might be fun."

They both helped with getting the boxes sorted, though mostly it was Anomaly and Cacora that was going at it. Honey tried to lend a hoof, but there was too many of the others there in the hall to really give him space to do anything but go in the way, so he backed down for now, and thought on what Cacora said until they were done packaging things.

"Cacora..."

Taking a step forward, the caretaker embraced the mare in a tight hug, not wanting to pass this last chance in  while, even if he usually wasn't too much for the physical contact like this. Felt somewhat awkward most of the time for him.

"If you need to go, I understand, and I'll tell the others. Just remember that whatever happens and whatever you go through, we'll be here for you when you feel like you're missing the flock, okay? I'll make sure your room's clean and the items in there protected until then. Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye, as Pinkie says."

He would let go off her, and awkwardly dry off a tear that had started to go down his chin, before pointing towards Jelly and Anomaly, whom were already headed for the exit.

"Looks like it's time. Stay safe out there, okay? I swear you'll get grounded if I hear you got yourself into a mess young lady."

He joked a little, but you could tell that he'd miss her, even if it were just for a few days as she said. Cacora were pretty important to the foals and the caretakers, and knowing there'd be times when they couldn't count on her to come around were sad to him. Hopefully the others would take it well.

===========================================================

@CentipedeGhoul @Lil' Lovebug

"Nothing of interest there. Whatever made all the noise is gone, or have turned invisible, though I doubt that. Nothing's rumbling or getting destroyed, so unless this young man saw something that I didn't, there isn't much more to it unless something goes wrong right now. Likely fine though I suppose."

After having went outside with Starburst and basically finding nothing of worth mentioning, this was basically all she could say on the matter. She wanted to add more, like details or current location etc. but that wasn't easy when you didn't even see the mark to begin with and had to stay at the inn in case it was still there somehow and still posed a threat.

It was tempting really to just send off the stallion and see if he'd come back, but that sort of behavior wasn't okay in this day and age, that much she were aware of. So with that option out, just standing and being prepared sounded like the better solution.

Vivid had taken a few steps to the side to make the two youngsters stand a bit closer without her marring the sight too much, though this one wasn't consciously. She had just moved without thinking too much on it for some reason. Could be her match-making mood, or could be her paranoia that were kicking in. Hard to say currently, though she were putting her bits on paranoia.

"I didn't know that changeling wings could go at it like you showed honestly. Quite interesting. Did it work on the room though? They seem calmer, but emotion sensing trumps guessing."

@~Phoenix~

There were a few things that Smokey could focus on here, with the one he immediately thought of were a bow and some small comment that would point out the adorable blush that went over Phoenix's face, amongst a few other options. Yet there was something that pushed beyond the others and made him stave away from teasing the mare for now. And that was the part where she said that her people were interested in what he had said. With the past tense of it being what really got his attention.

"You have my deepest condolences on behalf of your people Phoenix. I cannot imagine the pain it must be to have loss like that."

No teasing, no smooth-talking or joking this time. Just a saddened voice that carried his sympathy and sorrow about hearing what were likely a comment about her people's demise.

Smokey had been lucky in his time, with so far none in his life having died, so he couldn't stand and say that he could understand what it was like to go through such a thing. How could he after all, even if he had lost somepony? Death were a painful wound on the ones left behind, and no wound were truly the same when it came to this from what he had been told.

There seemed to be more he could say, but not until he had been able to tell how she were about this. Moving along could be seen as quite the insult, and pushing it further might get her to be protective and aggressive about things. And quite frankly, he much preferred to not stir that beehive and push her away from him.

=========================================================================================

@BloodDrops

"I apologize little one, and if problems arise, I will take what blame I must, but I only wished to protect as many as I could. The winged one said that the air should be kept clean of more fireworks, and you seemed eager to use this thing. I did not wish for him to return, or for you to accidentally hurt someone. We should strive for living peacefully with one another after all, yes?"

Lyriel were saddened about how it seemed her actions had angered Blood, but unfortunately, it still seemed like the best option to do what she had, before something would happen. Even if it were but an accident, damage were damage after all, and the earth mother would not be proud to find that she allowed such a thing to happen, and especially from the forest that she were governing.

"Which makes me wonder, why would you wish to infect anyone for simply being with you? Is this a test amongst you equines that I have not heard of? I still have much to learn about your noble kind and your traditions I'm afraid to say, so it might have slipped past me."

=================================================================================================

@Foxy Socks @Twilight-Shimmer @Widdershins

It took a bit for Briar to get to his hooves and not be all wobbly still, at which point he had unfortunately missed some of what Widdershins had done, though he had heard the better part of the questions made by the different beings there, which would have to do.

"Whilst I do not support this generally, I will concede that perhaps this time it is for the best what Widdershins here suggests. Brittle needs time to rest, and I will not leave her here like this. If you three can get to town and acquire something to feast upon for yourself, that should be a good option for us all. I can assure you, we will likely still be here when you return, unless something weird ends up happening."

Briar were quite frankly not feeling too safe with having Widdershins this near to Brittle with only him to do something about it, especially not as the draconequus knew of some weaknesses of his that could hit quite hard. Yet objectively speaking, this were for the best for them all, and perhaps the oddity would prove to not be an issue onward. He had been told what were preferable to keep away from the evergrown after all, so it might be he would listen and keep his antics free of these few areas that were harmful to him, as well as free of Brittle. Only one way to know really, and he wished to think the best of others,

Amazon didn't like the idea too much either, though for her own reasons, which included listening to what Widdershins had just been saying, along with the strangeness that fell over him. Quite literally, he got candy dropping on his head out of nowhere. Seemed pretty strange and out there to her, though for the draconequus... Well, she supposed it was kind of tame to be honest. Unless it turned out the gummy worms started to move when the bag were opened, but hopefully that wasn't going to happen.

"Well okay, we'll be on our way then. Be nice and behave up here all of you, okay?"

"I will endeavor to try."

Briar waved the others off, which eventually left him there more or less alone with Widdershins.after he had made Amazon jump a little from the shock of having him sneak up on her like he had before they got away, at which point he would... Sling himself around Brittle's tent like a dragon? Strange being sometimes, this one.

"Much as rest is somewhat desirable, I must refuse I'm afraid. Not too many hours until I need to get these bandages off, and I would prefer to be awake to protect Brittle regardless. I thank you for the concern though."

Meanwhile, with the others, Amazon wandered along and watched the phoenix sit down and have a nap on Stardust's head. Strange how such a strong creature were acting so harmless really, but she didn't understand birds enough to really get it. The sea were where the animals she were smart on where, and man did she miss that at this point.

"Sounds like you know the where in this town Foxy. Have you lived here for long perhaps?"

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

Storm smiled, his wings ruffling slightly in an instinctive attempt to fix the feathers near where the plushie was on his back. "Thanks Molotov." He said, "Admittedly, when Blitz first met me, she didn't really like me at all. I'd accidentally ruined one of her bombs when I bumped into her.. But after a few pranks and a bit of talking, she simmered down and we became good friends." The pegasus chuckled, "After that it wasn't all too hard to keep her out of trouble.. She's a hoof-full, but she's also probably one of the sweetest little fillies I've had the pleasure of meeting; In some ways she's much easier to watch out for than my hot-headed little brother." He nudged Molotov slightly, a grin on his muzzle "And you seem like a pretty great guy too, little Blitzy's lucky to have a good brother like you. I'm glad that Lady Luck managed to help you find your way to her again.. I really hope that she's as helpful with getting Blitz's memories back when the time comes."

Edited by Shineling

@Blitz Boom

"Wait?! Come on!" he wasn't a waiter in the slightest, he was very impatient. He heard her giggle and quirked an eyebrow. "Well, if there is a guard, shouldn't we hide or something?" he asks. His tone is rather brash still and the guard would probably hear him.

@Blitz Boom

Iron Star nodded as Chow explained himself. "Makes more sense than my theory." He let out a sigh. "Anyways, Astral, are you fine with his plan?"

She glanced side to side. "Of course, why wouldn't I be?"

He chuckled, with a sly smile, glancing at Chow. "Right. You don't want him to know." He mumbled under his breath, He stood up, looking over to Chow. "You can follow through with your plan then. I could open a direct portal to Canterlot if you'd like me to. since walking to there from here would take..." He looked up to the roof, pointing his hoof up, counting under his breath, looking to Chow after he finished. "A week."

Astral's eyes widened. "Where are we exactly?"

"Top of a mountain, it'd take ages to climb down or up, but of course, I teleported up here." He said with a light chuckle. "Oh right! Almost forgot." He levitated the book over to Chow. "It covers a lot. But as long as you know how they work and what they are, you're good. So you can skip everything else"

Nectar's body surrounded with fire, as it went away she had a suit of armor, to appear intimidating. "I would like to join you with this, to fight that, pony." She turned to Francis.

"As long as we're not hurting the others." He said then giving himself armor as well, it had no use other than appearance.

Warlock looked around curiously. Not knowing the origin of the voice. But to know it could sense his power and the fact he was the bearer of the Element of Greed, required privacy to communicate to it. He teleported back to the sisters old castle again. "Who are you?" He asked as he levitated the books back onto the shelves. "And how much do you know of the Elements of Disharmony?" He let out a soft gasp. "Do you know where they are?

@@Blitz Boom

Their first few attempts weren't well coordinated, but when they eventually hit the door at the same time, it gave way.  The force sent the door in a full 360 degree rotation, slamming it shut behind them.  They were now in a room so dark it was impossible to tell if there even were walls, let alone how far away they were.  That is, aside from a large set of double doors on the opposite side of the room.  Between them and the doors was Doctor Miles Xeno in his true form, lying in the light cast from between the doors with his front legs covering his face as he wept.  The presence of the other changeling that they chased in here could be felt on the other side of the door.  The light felt warm and welcoming, but it only seemed to bring him pain.  There were three knocks on the door.   "Go away!" Miles yelled at the door.  He cried more loudly, not seeming to notice that he wasn't alone anymore.

@@Blitz Boom

When they got upstairs, Scarcity would find herself in the kitchen, the smell of sweets and chocolates even stronger than that of the store below.  Everything from the stovetop to the taffy machine was immaculate.  There was a filing cabinet with one drawer marked "Recipes and Research," another marked "Past Investments," and the top drawer marked "Current Investments and Blank Forms."  She opened the drawer at the top, pulled out two papers with her magic.  "The 'hours and materials' cost represents the amount I charge for the research," Penny said, giving the papers to Scarcity.  The papers read:

"I, (name)________________, have invested ________ bits toward ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ on (date)____________.

Terms and conditions:

Penny Buttercup will work 10 hours minimum per week toward development of that which I have invested in until work hours covered by my investment are depleted, or the desired product has successfully been made, whichever comes first.  My investment will be divided evenly between work hours and supplies, with every five bits toward work hours covering one hour of work.  If the research is successful, I will receive the equivalent of two month's profit from the product I have invested in for each month covered by my investment, calculated based on only the second month of sales of that product excluding all purchases made by myself or any affiliated parties, for every one hundred bits I have invested.  Payments will be made monthly in quantities no less than twice the total of each month's profit from the product I have invested in until such time that the aforementioned total has been paid, starting after the second month it is sold.  I understand that if the desired product is not completed within the number of work hours covered by my investment, that I will not receive any return on my investment.  If Penny Buttercup wishes to continue research on the product I have invested in after the covered work hours have been depleted, she must first attempt to contact me at (address) _______________________________________________, to request further funding.  If I deny her request for further funding, or I do not respond within two weeks of its delivery to the aforementioned address, Penny Buttercup may sell the product I have invested in without any obligations toward me.

(signature of investor)______________________________

(Penny Buttercup's signature)________________________________"

@@Blitz Boom

"May your fangs be as sharp as your claws, and your wits sharper," Zhu's father said with a smile.  Zhu's mother flicked the tear off her tail and it landed on the petal of a flower which the Traveler levitated over to himself while the others weren't looking.  If anyone noticed, they might just think he was picking a flower, likely not having paid any attention to the where the tear landed.  Zhu's mother gave him one last hug, saying, "We love you, and we'll be watching over you," before the two of them followed Khala into the light. 

Edited by Seamore Sandwich
because they never got to say they loved him (previous reason for edit). (Current reason) updated the contract to make more sense and be more profitable for the investors.

@Blitz Boom

The siblings looked on to Discord's comical display, then looked to each other and quietly chuckled. Their indirect history with Discord back then and the difference it had on them now improved. Maybe the reformation trick might work for some villains. Lin made a mental note to ask Fluttershy about this when she has a chance. For now, Omen's mother took them both elsewhere. 

"Those pieces of Legion you fought, they were only a small part of the whole. I didn't overpower the one possessing me; I only had to resist it long enough to get it to start destroying my body. That was what forced Legion to repair and preserve me if it ever wanted a host. A gamble but it worked. Thank you, mother."

The way he ended that last sentence... his words were filled with gratitude and tenderness, even the way he said mother was more relaxed and certain. Back then, he always referred to her as Omen's mother, still unsure if she would be comfortable calling her as simply mother. Here, he is sure and this is what he wants, no more awkwardness. That gamble nearly cost him and Lin was understandably angry with that. It was tempting to slap his brother across the face while he slept just to get a message across but there was no point to it now. Even she is still weak from her ordeal.

Lin turned to Omen's mother, haunted by what she saw in Legion's nightmare and about her brother's words just before parting with Omen. "Sen didn't mean being weak when you put it like that. You and Omen look like you've been around for a very long time. When brother looks at us, he sees a future without him in it and that thought doesn't put his mind at ease. It's difficult for him to come to terms with how we will outlive him, now more so than ever." 

Lin agrees to go with mother; her calming presence is always reassuring but now the things she saw while taken over by Legion bother her a great deal. It wasn't exactly the way Sen described it in his nightmares but it was close to experiencing one. She wasn't even asleep to begin with but it happened anyway. 

"This wasn't the first time Sen was possessed or manipulated by another being. Remember when you first sent us out to find a place where I can be cured of malevolent magic? We nearly didn't make it because someone took over my brother and had him delay us, nearly costing us our lives. Sen still blames himself for that. And about what you said, you destroying me because of making demands and threatening you... did you really mean that? I don't know if that was Legion impersonating you or if it was really you telling me that but what happened back there was real. A little too real, and it scared me." 

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Blitz Boom@Widdershins

Ancalagon chuckled and said "Glaurung willingly turned himself to stone for he shared half his heart with an ungrateful pony.  Rather than fade away to nothing," he stated as he sat on his haunches as he looked at the mare. "He turned himself and the pony to stone. essentially  killing himself and the pony. But that's just what the old messenger drakes told me," he stated with a sigh to himself.

• Brohoof 1

@Summer Breeze @Holiday Agnaktor

The night would be thankfully uneventful. The ponies would sleep, Lyriel and Nerzhei would switch between keeping watch throughout the night, and to not draw attention, they didn't speak. Just listened.

As the sun started to rise and spread some light over the land, Lyriel slowly put down her tree form and stretched her arms a bit. It had been a rather well rested affair for her when she had been the one to sleep, especially since she could her other beings near her now and not have to fear that it was one of her brethren out looking for dissidents, or the atazi out for lumber again, whom might end up cutting her down.

She turned towards the dragoness to say good morning, and perhaps discuss when they should be waking the others up, but the dragoness were already on the move and were aiming for the cave. She had been taking the last few hours of guard shift, so she wasn't in a need to sit and slowly wake up, though she did think that perhaps a few hours more of actual sleep would have done her good. Unfortunately, that would have to wait, as they had some way to travel yet, and Frosty still needed to get that crystal she had promised she'd help him get. Which were why she were only aiming for him right now as she put a hand on his shoulder and shook him slightly to see if she could get him up.

With some luck, the others wouldn't wake too, but really, what were the odds with these ponies? Not high she'd say, but they would see she supposed.

"Frosty? Wake up."

@Blitz Boom

"Ah, Void told me a little about you. I'm Lance, basically the town idiot. Nice to meet you."

Lance smiled warmly after saying 'town idiot', to indicate he wasn't entirely serious. There was no traces of suspicion or hate in his tone that had been present just moments before when speaking to Happy, and he looked similar to what he usually looked like (with the exception of more tired-looking, as he hadn't got a lot of sleep. He was glad he had caught enough of it on the train ride here to still be functional.)

Null gave a very different vibe than Void did. While Void seemed fragile and kind, Null looked like the type that would defend those close to her at all costs, whether they liked it or not.

Already my life has been more interesting than in Noncannon.

@Blitz Boom

"Uh... too close, too close." He muttered, stepping a few inches away from the changelings, apprehensive at being twenty metres within range of a mare. A mare that he barely even knew.

"The dragon flew off into the distance though. It looks it avoided this inn for the most part - lucky too." He added, glancing over at the calmed audience. 

@Blitz Boom @Seamore Sandwich Serenade can't stop giggling, "Oh if I only I could get away with throwing a nice heavy tome at the heads of some of the nobles, but no. I mean my underwater retreat. It's difficult for a pony to harangue me if they can't find me" She closes the book and puts it next to her saddlebags. 

@Blitz Boom (and all that apply.)

*Cacora nods and says,* "Same here, Caretaker Honey. This isn't goodbye. So I will say Cya around."

*Cacora then follows after the two.* "Wait up you two. I have the gate keys."

*When they leave the Orphanage and get to the gate, Cacora unlocks it and holds it open for them.* "The caretakers still want the protective wards in place. That's to keep the foals safe."

*She then lets Jelly lead the way.* "You take lead Jelly. The sooner your home, the sooner your safety is assured. I would also have to explain where you were till now. And sense you were with me, I feel responsible for that safety."

@Twilight-Shimmer @Blitz Boom

"Well, I know where to find places to eat, though I don't have much of a preference." Foxy continued walking toward the town center, looking around the damaged areas. It had only been a day, but she had been though a lot already. 

"You have any ideas?" Foxy asked, as she wasn't one to make decisions like that easily. Especially for other ponies as well.

Foxy seemed slightly nervous, and it was noticeable, as she walked a bit stiffly, and nearly bumped into another pegasus pony on the way. "Oh sorry..." The pony looked a bit annoyed from the near collision, but continued on. Foxy hated to disturb other ponies.

@Blitz Boom @CentipedeGhoul

"Let's hope it truly is gone." Satin tapped her forehoof against the ground. "I would go check to see if we could find anything, but I'm a tad too afraid of actually finding it, and I couldn't send somepony else into danger." Satin looked towards the door and shook her head. "All we can do is stay alert and keep these ponies calm. Distraction is key."

Upon hearing the stallion mutter something, she started leaning in to get closer to hear him, but watched as he backed away. Instinctively, she did the same, stepping closer to Vivid. When she realized what she's done, she leaned towards Vivid and whispered. "I'm terribly sorry that I keep getting close to you. If if makes you uncomfortable, please tell me. I just... feel safe next to someone I feel will protect me."

She composed herself and looked at the stallion. "Terribly sorry, sir. I guess it's just a passive thing I do after mingling with ponies for so long. Most tend to have a friendlier attitude if you get a bit closer." She looked around the room. "Did anyone wish to go sit back down at the booth? I'm sure it would be preferable to just standing here, dawdling."

Stardust looked up and Foxy and smiled "I have no real preferences either so long as it is good" he replied then tilted his head taking note of Foxy's nervousness. "Ypu okay?" he asked his friend with concern in his dual colored eyes.

(again sorry for shortness lol)

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom @Summer Breeze

Frosty woke up with a groan when somebody shook him.

"...Whazzit?"

He sat upright on his moss bed and rubbed his eyes groggily with a yawn. He looked up and saw Nerzhei looming over him.

"Oh, it's you, Nerzhei. Why'dye wake me up? Oh, wait, nevermind, the gems. Yeah, let's go do that, just gimme a minute. I'm still not entirely awake right now."

Frosty stood up and stretched himself vigorously, almost cat-like, and shook his head a few times to clear the morning fuzz out of his thoughts.

"Ok, I'm good to go. Or did you want something else?"

@Blitz Boom

What, you're not then? I hear sleep usually helps with healing stuff, but I wouldn't know. Haven't slept in centuries... or decades, I forget which... Point is! I'm assuming your wounded then? Was kind of guessing that those bandages were either a fashion statement or your species somehow see out your eyeholes with the aid of ragged strips of cloth!

Hmmm...

As the draconequus ponders, the low, relaxing, almost melodical hum from him continues, somehow still being somewhat audible despite it sounding like a throat would be needed though his speech seems unhindered by the making of the noise.

You need any help with that?

... I can usually manage some pretty decent accuracy on healing spells. Mostly because they cover, like, a good third of most schools of magic. You do need your rest though, honeycube! Besides... 

Widdershins looks up at Briar from the ground with an innocent look, despite his head now being roughly the size of his torso and his neck disappearing around the corner of the tent.

...what do you have to protect Brittle from?

@Blitz Boom@Widdershins

Ancalagon pulled out a pocket watch. A gold one at that his tail whipped around as he was getting annoyed. It was hours since he asked the dragoness to get him some food. His stomach rumbled. He wasn't like these modern dragons who feed on gems. No he was one of the ancestors who only ate meat. "Blast it," Ancalagon said as he shifted to a large size. The size of a large house. It was time to hunt.His eyes scanned the everfree forest from his new height. There he saw a huge boar which was coming for the town perfect for a morning breakfast or something to that degree. Ancalagon breathed in and then blew out his fire onto the boar that was about to his the town. The ponies near him felt his heat as he unleashed his black fires. They felt like being near the sun as the boar roasted. Ancalagon roared in victory as he claimed his prize. his true roar shaking the earth around him as he began to eat the cooked boar innards and all. He looked at Last and asked "I apologize do you want some?"

2014-pig-iron-bbq-whole-hog-smokedjpegjp

@Lloyd

"Sheesh, a week from now we'd be Equestrias most wanted. I'll take the portal option, thank you.

How the heck am I gonna get hold of you when I know something though? I don't know what your fancy magic can do, so I ain't sure if you have some sort of way I can communicate with you. Perhaps something with just voice if it is? Ain't easy to send an arrest order out on somepony they don't know the face of, eh old timer?"

Chow grinned at Astral's dad, thinking little about how he slightly teased him, as he more or less did that with everypony. That or got into fights with 'em, either on words or muscles, which admittedly didn't always go in his favor. But eh, wadda ya do, right? So without thinking on that much, he grabbed the book and placed it under the bag of spices on his bag. They'd do well in keeping the book down until he were at a place where it would be important.

"Alright, seems like I'm all set and done. Ready to be beamed up when you're ready to send me off Scotty. Sooner I can get this on the road the better chance there is of fixing this, so I likely won't have a lot of time to read this straight off the bat. But I'll make an effort when I can."

Thankfully for Astral, there wasn't gonna be an awkward moment where Chow would try to drill into what her father had meant about her perhaps not wanting Chow to go wandering into the lion's cage like this, since he hadn't heard it. Otherwise, this might've ended up less smoothly than first anticipated, and potentially with somepony hurt. Chow more than likely, depending on how he'd respond to things, though he could sometimes be so painfully oblivious that it might end up being Astral's feelings it hit instead.

@Lloyd

Golden got an impressed look in his eyes over the armor, mixed with surprise over it appearing in the first place.

"A most impressive set of armor. Likely something that will come in handy if you both wish to join in on this, but one step at a time. Let us begin by informing the generals."

Golden knocked on the door three times, then waited until he heard the dual voices saying *Enter* at the same time before slowly opening the door and revealing the office behind. And more importantly: The generals of the royal armies in Canterlot.

H3k5N2I.png

RtRZ5cs.png

The two generals saluted Golden as he wandered into the room almost at the same time, though the Night Guard general, Midnight Screecher, were the fastest. It was usually like that with the tall bat pony, but Morning Ray did have his over her for a few things. He had also been in the job longer and were older, so he should have, but at least in the speed department, Screecher had him beaten.

They both prepared a battle stance when they saw the changelings with the ambassador, not feeling safe with their kind on palace grounds ever since the attack, but Golden lifted a hoof which made them pause.

"Please, calm yourselves."

"Calm ourselves? You know what happened the last time a queen got into the palace, ambassador. Can you fault us for reacting?"

Golden shook his head as Screecher talked. A young one that general, but she had proven herself worthy to her position time and time again, and were big on the kingdom learning from their mistakes. Changeling queens were one of those, and why he could not fault either of them from preparing for a fight.

"No, I cannot. But these are guests in the palace, so I would ask you to refrain from attempting violence against them. It would not bode well for the diplomatic ways that are suppose to be going on, following the fall of Chrysalis' hive.

I still come here bearing grave news though, and something that may make you wish that it was as simple as a hive invasion that threatened us."

"Then speak up and say what it is."

It was sometimes hard to see much of Morning Ray considering his helmet, but his voice got through clearly at least. A very gruff and deep one compared to the authoritarian, but light voice of Screecher. Befitting of a veteran in the Solar Guards that had seen plenty of combat in his days.

Golden would spend a little time explaining what had gone on in the garden, so that they could understand what he had meant. Something which got scowls and looks that said they had thought the same as he had. That being that the garden needed to be checked triply over when this were over, in case any other statue had something in it.

"- and that is the current situation. Francis, perhaps you could be so kind as to show the generals what the targets looks like? If you can do something akin to the one who escaped the statue as well, that would be greatly appreciated."

==============================================================

@Lloyd

"My name was... Athriel, and I have felt the aura of the... Bearers before. It's distinctive. Besides... I know you, carrier of greed. You were... Well known."

A low chuckle went through Warlock's mind.

"And I know what happened to some of... Them, because I was one of those meant to hide them...

A piece hidden... Where dragons rose. One embedded into... The alicorn amulet, hidden but found again... Another buried in the shrine of forgotten years. Those I... Know about, but only one of them I know... Where is buried. Which one I don't... Remember anymore. A temple. Guarded eternally...

I can help you find them, but... I want to join in. I were meant to... Harness treachery, but I was weak. I'm... Not anymore. I want the power that I was meant for... The rest means nothing.

But to help, I must be... Free again. The mages trapped me in blood. The pony... Returned me, but the griffin tied me down. I can't... Get out as long as the mark is there. Find the pony with the witches... Erase the mark on his skull... And we can hunt for the power that was stolen from us... Make us whole again..."

Athriel's voice was strained as the connection were still hard to maintain, but the message she wanted to give out should be easy to understand. A trade-off, where she became free and got what was meant for her, and in return, she would help tracking down the other elements for Warlock. Among those, he would likely be somewhat interested in the alicorn amulet as one of the first, considering it carried one of his trademark elements of forbidden magic, but greed were still important. It was the one he were mostly known for in the stories she had heard, and an important elements in general. Likely also one of those hidden the best, which meant that he could use all the help he could get. Such as more exact locations on the ones that had been mentioned. And therein lied her bargaining chip.

==========================================================

@Widdershins @Shineling

"Considering normal ponies usually get seriously ill from eating meat, it ain't no wonder there's not many places they serve it. Usually the places I have seen that does, caters to nearby dragons or griffins, or some of the few changelings I've heard off that can eat it. Personally I can't. Ever since I became this, it ain't much that goes down anymore beyond love and liquor."

Happy had tried, that was a given. Few weeks after his transformation, he had caught a fruitbat near their hive and made some lunch out of it, then learned the hard way that his stomach couldn't handle this anymore. Annoying for a while, but he had gotten used to the whole vegetarian diet he had to go with now.

Ambie here looked like the sort that could use some help with his diet too he'd say, considering how the pony started to more or less gobble his chow down like a rabid dog. Barbaric, but he didn't let it show that it annoyed him or anything like that. Happy just took another bite out of one of the love muffins, and this time a more sizeable one, as they didn't seem to affect him in any sort of bad way for some reason. He'd have to try and get the recipe for these before he had to leave town.

"And I right up need this here magic to function anywhere. Imagine me popping up everywhere like this, and then just see for yourself what sort of crazy stuff that would unfold. I'm a freak mate, both by your world and my world's standards, and I don't wanna be locked in a cage or chased with pitchforks and torches. Having disguises helps me have a chance at surviving out there in relative anonymity, and enjoy a regular sort of life, rather than being the center of all sorts of mixed attention."

=======================================================================

@Widdershins

"Who is that's making all that noise out here?"

The voice got louder as a unicorn wandered out of the area where the spa - which were starting to close off for the night - were directed, and looked at the strange arrival pounding and yapping at the desk like some sort of crazy pony had shown up. Which Kozaky were, no doubts about that, but Bubble Burst wouldn't flat out say so to his face... Yet.

R1BxQTy.png

"Sir? Please calm yourself, or I'm going to have to ask you to leave. Though I am afraid that I will likely have to do that regardless, as the spa is closed for tonight. You can put down a reservation for a time tomorrow if it is though? You would have to calm yourself first though."

============================================================

@Foxy Socks @Twilight-Shimmer

"If I may make a suggestion? I don't know exactly where the food parlor in town is that was spoken of earlier, but if you look, you can see a stream of ponies from around the same area going towards the middle. My best bet is that that would be the placement of said eating area, though it might be a bit of a line right now. Still, what else can really be open this time of night? Small towns usually don't have all night places.

No disrespect meant to Ponyville of course, but it doesn't look like a large town with an active nightlife as much as a quaint community where it goes silent in the late hours most days."

Amazon pointed over towards the place where there were a whole lot of other ponies headed towards as they went on, thinking on how much these workers must have gotten done today before now, and how hungry they likely were after all the work. Depending on how long their shifts had been of course. She didn't know that for sure, so might not be so bad, but still, it would likely be a bit cramped down there to start with.

Agni - after being placed on Stardust's back - tried to sit well, and rummaged around his fur a bit to arrange it better, but eventually just spread her wings and flapped up to the top of his head again. His mane were a much better nest in her opinion, and with a satisfied little coo, she closed her eyes and started taking a small nap.

===================================================================

@Lil' Lovebug @CentipedeGhoul

Vivid raised an eyebrow and looked at Starburst.

"There was a dragon out there in the sky? Huh, usually I see things like that. Peculiar."

She was somewhat certain that it wasn't age that were hampering her sight since she had memories of the time her mortals life lagged to its end, with all the bad things that it brought along, and this didn't fit. But regardless, it seemed like her night sight weren't as good as it used to be. Perhaps she had been in light houses for too long and not enough time in the void recently. Or it had something to do with how she wasn't at full strength yet, though it could also be a mixture of things. Quite frankly she didn't know, and as it seemed right now, it didn't matter much anyway.

"Oh well, as long as it have left town, there is little point in being concerned about it. We might as well find a place to seat and talk rather than here. Shall we?"

Wandering over towards the seat that Satin had mentioned, Vivid chuckled a little to herself about what the mare had said. The apology seemed silly to her, considering the subject matter, but she wouldn't fault Satin. Not everypony did well with being near other beings than their own, and reactions could make some apologetic. Might be awkward of you were the usual outsider among the flock, which a changeling in Canterlot certainly would be.

"Worry not about Satin. I don't mind."

Placing herself at a wall seat, she beckoned to Satin to take place besides her, which would leave a table between them and Starburst. Hopefully that would work as a sufficient barrier in his mind.

"Both of you, come and have a seat. I might not be as up to date with things as you youngsters, but I'm certain everypony can find something to speak about whilst we wait and see if the dragon returns, yes? No need to let a blanket of silence fall."

@Shineling

" Yeah, her memories... I ain't so sure about how that's gonna end up.

On one hoof, unlocking them will make sure she remembers her past, the whole family, and might also be able to tell what happened to our town, since she's the only one from there since the attack I've found.

On the other hoof, remembering what went on, when for example our whole family was gone... I don't know. Perhaps she haven't forgotten all about this from the fall so much as the trauma have made her brain shut it all out. Might be she have seen something truly horrifying, and what sort kof brother would I be to make her remember that? But then comes the fact that it might help and... Well, you can hear how this goes round and round in circles.

She needs to have a say in things when it comes down to it, I get that, but I can't say for sure what would end up hurting more. Her not knowing anything, or everything.

There was no trace, no recordings, no notes or anything about what went after Center Zero. One moment there's a thriving scientific town, the next everypony have vanished into thin air, and the guards are still not sure what to make of it. It's clear something went on where ponies defended themselves, but they haven't found even one drop of blood, so what exactly went on? Are they all really dead, or were they just taken? And by whom?"

Molotov let out a small sigh, then shook his head and tried to get the disturbing thoughts that had gone into his head about what might have happened, out again.

"Blitz here is the only solid witness we have, and if she turns out to have actually blocked it out from trauma... Well, I think you understand at this point. It's a wonky situation.

At least I know she will have had some good weeks of memories from out here, considering what you've said. Bombs, pranks, and making friends are just her sort of fun, and if she couldn't have home, those were the sort of things I'd wish for her to go through too. You're a good chap there Storm, and your lil' brother better appreciate it, or I'd have to reprogram his brain."

Molotov grinned in a friendly manner, which indicated that he was joking, buuuuut perhaps he should not joke about rewriting somepony's brain. Not the sort of humor most liked, which you would think he would get after the third pony had slapped him for it. Apparently, no dice.

@Trixie .

"Now you're just being silly. You only hide from guards if you have done something, and we haven't. We just landed after all."

The bushes near them rustled a little as the guard she had heard before brushed up against it, going closer to have a better look at the ponies lurking around in the royal garden area this time of night. Usually not a thing tourists did.

"Halt, who goes th- Oh, it's you."

He lowered his spear when he saw Sorrow, who went over and gave him a small hug, which he seemed to find rather awkward considering the look on his face.

"Hey there Muffin. No more poltergeists pranking you these days?"

"Thankfully, no. It's been quiet since the last time."

"Hah, I knew it. Good to hear things have settled down."

"There's enough to go around to deal with as it is. Which brings me to why you're here, and who you are?"

The last question was meant for Keeneye, whom the Night Guard focused his gaze on entirely after asking it. Muffin, as he were so far called, seemed to not really be concerned with Sorrow, but that's the benefit of knowing who you're dealing with. Keeneye he didn't know, and even if he came here with Sorrow, that didn't mean that he would take it for granted that everything was good. Not the way he looked.

Sorrow considered asking who he were, but Keeneye seemed to like his somewhat pompous introduction lines, so she would let him say it himself. No need to steal his thunder.

========================================================

@EQ_Theta

Mother listened with a tired smile on her face for most of what were said by Lin, prepared to answer for what she had meant before- when the situation with her threats were brought up and she hung her head in shame.

"I told the amalgamation that I would rather kill you myself than let you suffer, in case I failed. It is not something I look upon with pride, but if the situation had required it, I would have done it. Just as I had prepared to do with Sen."

She pulled her free hand forth and sliced open the air, revealing her room behind it where she would wander through, and leave access for Lin to follow before she would close it.

"There is no pain greater than to see your children suffer, and though it hurts me to my very core, I would rather that they were given a merciful end by my claws, than to have no future but pain, and in your cases, being slowly devoured and tortured by their captors. I couldn't bare to know that you were in pain like that, so yes, if there had been no hope for either of you, I would have done the unthinkable.

You must understand though, it is not only because I wouldn't wish you this pain. Here I can also renew you, and remake you in our picture. As long as the soul is free, it can be cleansed, and eventually, be given some sort of form."

She didn't know if she had explicitly said to the two newest of her flock, that the siblings here were the souls of others, but if she hadn't, then she had now. They could ask if they wished to, seek answers and she would answer them to a point, but telling whom the beings were before would never happen. She had saved them from the torments that tied them to the mortal plain after their lives ended, and she would not have any of their former self come forth again. The only one who would know those stories, were her, and she did her best to erase them as efficiently from her mind as possible.

"I know what it must sound like, but it is among the burdens I have chosen since leaving my own family to create this haven for the forgotten, and I will not back down from them. I just thank Mortimer that neither of you ended in a state where I had to make this choice. As much as neither of you are born of this realm, I love and care for you as much as I do any of my children. In my eyes, you are as much some of us as any sibling that plays among the shadowy hills."

A flicker of the wrist and three beds rose in the middle of the room. One immensely large, meant for her, and two meant for Sen and Lin, though they were spacious enough for the two to lie together if they preferred this familiar comfort as they rested upon their ordeals.

Gently, she put Sen down on one of the beds and swirled the soft blanket of shades over his form.

"And you are right Lin. The time will come when several here will outlive Sen, unless something happens to him that prolongs his life. Such is not normally a burden for my children, as they are not eternal as us reapers are. Yet Omen gained this from her master's influence, and if the lake have done their thing efficiently, perhaps you too have gained immortality Lin, though I cannot say for certain until I have checked, and it is not time for that.

Death is not something to fear though. The end if only bad for those who did little more than evil in their lives, whereas the rest will find a peaceful afterlife, if they are simply willing to let go of their worries. Yet as with so many other things, there tends to be ways to prolong yourself, though that is not a talk for now. I am drained from this, as I can see you are, and we need rest.

So please. Sleep, think on my words, and let us speak again when you are rested and prepared to return my children."

She let a claw gently go over Sen's chin, whilst a tear went down her smiling face, thinking of what she had heard Sen call her earlier.

"Mother will keep you safe whilst you sleep."

==============================================================

@Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich

"Oooooh, okay. Hehe, I should've realized you were talking about that. It just seemed like you meant the book the way you smiled and weighed it like that. But it's just good you didn't really. Noble ponies would likely get all prissy and mopey, and you don't need that. Especially not if a particular sour one starts to make trouble to get to you. I heard about ponies doing that before.

*cough* In books *cough*

But yeah, I can see it being tough to find for anypony. I mean, it's full of chompy things after all, who'd be crazy enough to keep going down there just to see if perhaps you're there? Well, unless they know there is the cave and that you're a siren, but at that point I sorta think you'll have other things on your mind, hehe."

=======================================================

@Seamore Sandwich

She didn't feel it at first. The pain and hopelessness of the other room had been overwhelming, and the feeling of something else took some time to finally register with her.

Nothing.

No pain, no emotional overload of grief, loss or something worse. There was nothing here. Just them, darkness, and whom she assumed were the changeling they had been sent in here to get hold of to begin with. It was nice, compared to what else had been tossed their way in this place.

Slowly she started to take some steps forth, going towards the changeling, but not waiting until she were over at him before she would start to speak, her voice now containing a bit more life than it had in the last part of their horrendous little adventure.

"What have caused you to end up like this, changeling? What brought along this miserable dreamscape for you? And why do you fear that door? What is behind it that you don't want to face?"

===============================================================

@Seamore Sandwich

Scarcity looked the papers over several times, reading the fine print, thinking over if there were any glaring loopholes that would bite her royally in the flank eventually, before finally nodding approvingly and grabbing hold of a pen on the table.

Writing her signature and additional information required by the form, she finished it off with her name at the bottom before putting down the pen again and smiling at Penny.

"There we go then, a legally binding contract. I would like a copy of it though, signed by you at the bottom, for my own finances sake, if you would please. I would rather not get fined by having bits flow out of my business without a paper trail as to where it goes, and this will make for an effective, yet discreet enough way to handle these things.

As for payment, you will get your first installment as soon as Brick Wall returns. It should not be too long, but enough for us to finalize things, in case there are further things you would like to discuss?"

Whatever this form were going to lead to, she had some degree of trust in there being some value from her investment down the road when it came to Penny, considering how she had already seen the mare's work in action, and since the way the document was worded did not lead to anything that would be able to cheat her too severely - if Penny dared to try it - there wasn't currently anymore of a problem for her. That were, besides getting a copy. She would not want to leave here without proof of things, or it would get severely complicated and messy eventually.

@Seamore Sandwich

The seconds ticked by after his parents had left for the next world where Zhu felt an odd satisfaction go over him, even though he knew that considering everything, he should likely be feeling more sad.

Yet as much as that was the expectation, he didn't take death as heavily anymore, and especially not when he could see that a good afterlife awaited the ones who had fallen. He didn't think it was sad that they would never get to see him grow up, because now they were at peace, and they would not have been able to anyway. That timeline had happened, and changing it could be catastrophic for a whole lot of beings.

Instead, he just felt good, and more complete than he had for years. He had finally seen those who had spawned him, gotten to talk with them, and had the chance to say goodbye that he had never had before. Things went well, even if there was a thing that did keep returning. A loose end which he didn't know what to do about, yet knew exactly who to ask. One whom had likely known this before they even went here to begin with.

"Answer me this, Creator. What happened to my sister? What did time bring her that I never knew of?"

==================================================================

@genessee

"I take a friendly idiot over a hostile genius any day, so nice to meet you too, for the time being."

Null still looked at him suspiciously, but that wasn't really anything new with her. After all Void and her had been through, she didn't overly trust anypony that easily, no matter if her sister vouched for them or not. She'd make her own opinion about this stallion.

"So, gonna be frank here and ask, what's between you two?"

"W-What?"

Void blushed at the question that Null had tossed out and directed at either of them really, though mostly towards Lance.

"Call it an accepting town all the same sis, usually folks doesn't stay too close to us, and it makes me suspicious. 'specially when it's from one of the few ponies I've ever seen you stand relaxed around.

So what's the dirt here Lance? Started chatting up and just went from there, or did I miss something important?"

It was pretty direct in it, but Null had never been the sort to mask what she thought of others or back down. Anything bugged her she'd confront it, which were a pretty sharp difference from Void, who'd usually rather just nod and wander along than question things.

=================================================================================

@dragon4111

Last gritted her teeth, then stepped forward and raised her voice a little towards the fool of a dragon in front of her.

"I don't want your meat. I want you to shut up with your roaring and shrink down again you oaf. This town were trying to get some rest after a long day working, on top of a day getting invaded and having their homes destroyed, and you and your noisy yap isn't helping things. Think on the tired and the foals in town and how you'd feel if I came 'round your place and made dang sure that I made enough noise and trouble to make every draglet sleepless and scared. 'cause that's what you're doing you dang fool."

Just then, the flapping of large, leathery wings were heard above them, but Last didn't look up at the returning dragoness and the caribou she had slung over her shoulder. It seemed to have been ended with a simple crack of the neck to make it as painless as possible, but that wasn't important right now.

"Why do you feel the need to antagonize him, pony?"

Nerzhei let out a sigh and laid down the animal in front of Ancalagon, whom were already in the process of eating a boar it seemed like. Usually a beast that size would last her a few weeks,but for Ancalagon, she would be surprised if it amounted to more than a side dish. Depended on his size upon consumption potentially though, considered the mass, but now wasn't the time to think in semantics. There were potential trouble brewing from the pony getting into the elder dragon's face, and she needed to be focused on that, even though if she had the guts to say it right now, she would side with the pony. She made a fair point about the noise.

She had only been gone for like, 10 to 15 minutes, so seeing how the dragon had gone and gotten himself something really did surprise her some. Impatient sort it seemed.

========================================================================

@Widdershins

Briar took a step backwards when the mention of healing spells got brought up.

"No! I mean, please don't touch it, if you would be so kind. The mare said specifically that it should not be removed, or it could end up killing me, or at the very least leaving me still blind.

I made a deal with a mare of dark magic for eyes. I vouch for her in an arrangement with a powerful mage she wishes to speak with, and in return, she have provided me with eyes, yet they are still settling. until the moon stands at its tallest tonight, and only then can I be allowed to take them off. Please do not interfere with this, I beg of you.

I have searched for too long for a way to see already, and being this close to the destination... I could not bear to be within mere hours of my goal and then loose it because of a well-meaning, but ultimately damaging attempt at restoring me."

Briar sounded exactly as pleading near the end as his words indicated. He couldn't risk the chance that this would go wrong and let Widdershins attempt his healing, especially as it was so close to being done. The deal had been made, and the costs exchanged. Now he just had to wait, and it would absolutely crush him to loose it all then because of something like that.

"And Brittle... There are so many things she believes she needs to be protected from, and yet so few she actually does. Everything that have happened to her have left her horrified or nearly anything and anypony, even if there is only few that is really a danger to her anymore. I protect her nonetheless, in part because I owe her that much after leaving her behind the first time I found her in need, and in part because I can't bear to think of her having to face a world alone she knows little about and that hates her. It is... Eerily similar to personal experience, and I can say that having somepony there to help can be all the difference. Something which I would like to be for her.

That includes that I don't want her to wake up here in Ponyville without anypony around her that she knows, and then start to panic with nopony but you nearby. Not to offend you Widdershins, but you do have a... Certain effect on ponies."

@Summer Breeze @Holiday Agnaktor

"Try to keep your voice down, and let them sleep."

Everything would quite frankly go a lot smoother the less ponies were awake to muddle in things right now, and especially since she could imagine they would either distract Frosty so he didn't hear her instructions, or keep saying they wanted to try what she had planned too, and she did not have enough of the right crystals for that. Better to leave them out of this part and just have them wake up to see Frosty proudly wander about with whatever amount he had been able to get loose.

leading the way out of the cave, she stretched herself before looking down on Frosty and speaking in a somewhat louder voice, though not enough to wake up the others inside yet, hopefully. Though they might just wake up on their own, who really knew at this point? Pony sleeping habits wasn't part of her books really.

"Alright then, let's get down to the ocean before the others wake up. I want to get this done as fast as possible. Better get stretched while we walk too, you're going to need your muscles for dipping into the waters. Lyriel? Keep watch over the rest, will you?"

The dryad looked at the two of them with a small snicker on her face, but she nodded nonetheless and turned on her seat so that she could overlook the cave entrance, ready for when her friends woke up.

With that sorted, Nerzhei bend down to take a few things out of the big bag she had with her, then put it in her left pocket before walking and signalling Frosty to follow her. It was about time they got down there and gave him the chance to get some gems.

@Midnight_Aurora

"Okay, I live pretty close to here though, so shouldn't be a problem. I just hope daddy isn't worried about me."

Anomaly strangely didn't say anything as they wandered on, and just kept watch on things around them curiously, just following until... Well, until Ancalagon started to grow bigger and roar out again, which made her giggle and look at the large dragon with glitter in her eyes. Literally, there were orange glitter rising like in a bath tub in her eye-sockets.

Jelly on the other hoof, were less excited with this, and just went *meep* before speeding up and soon stop up at a house that had to be the police station, if the faded sign above the door were saying anything. Seemed like Stargazer still hadn't had the time to fix the place up yet, which were also shown inside where it was basically as it were when he moved in, minus the boxes here and there of his stuff.

Before Jelly had the chance to say anything, another roar got her attention again. Or okay, it wasn't so much a roar as it were a deep snore coming from upstairs, but the point still stood.

"Sounds like he's sleeping. Guess I'll just explain things to him tomorrow, and hope the big, mean dragon doesn't do anything bad before that."

Walking over to the others after the minor sentence, she gave Cacora a big hug, whilst letting out a low *mmmm* sound of enjoyment.

"Thanks for getting me home friend, and be careful out there, okay? Daddy says there's all sorts of bad things wandering around the world these days. And Anomaly... Uhm, G-Goodbye, and sorry that I gawked... A lot."

"I don't mind, everypony does that. I wonder if the dragon would do that too though? Hehe, I'm gonna have to go and see, just to make sure.

Oh, and I got something for you Cacora. A gift for the road."

Anomaly opened her mouth wide and tall, to the point where a foal would be able to comfortably fit in there and with her tongue rolled out a multi.colored, floating umbrella on a string, that settled near the soon-to-be travelling mare.

"Gotta help against all the rain. Just remember to sneeze on it like, twice a week. Otherwise it might grow a mouth and start to bite."

• Brohoof 3

@Blitz Boom

Keeneye narrowed his eyes as she hugged the night guard, he cleared his throat. "I am the Great and Invincible Keeneye! I'm here for Celestia." he said in his usual loudmouth, egobath tone. The guard did seem rather weak though, in his view. He may have to strike him down if he gets in the way.