Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

Ambie scrunches up his muzzle as he looks up at Happy Hour in an attempt to piece together what the latter is saying.

"I'm not quite sure I follow you... I thought you did that on purpose?

Even if what you said was true & some sort of magical mare bumped into you to get you to drop the disguise... wouldn't that same spell be strong enough to affect much of the same spell on any other case in the vicinity, however slightly? That's... that's what my magic teacher used to always say, that Focus creates Magic. That its pretty hard to dispel magic accidentally...Oh!

Oh, hey, that's right! I was raised in a unicorn town & went to a unicorn school! If magic could make me change that accidentally, would have thought It would have happened by now! Besides... I... I can't imagine what my parents would say if I turned out to be one of... whatever you are.

Uhh... no offense?" Ambie winces a bit, having once more become aware after the fact that he might have potentially insulted somepony.

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

Kozaky wasn't exactly all that well built either. His was a frame built more for scurrying & hissing and certainly not for any amount of lifting or holding a steady pose for long. In fact, the front legs he was propping up on the front desk to look more intimidating were starting to quiver a bit under the strain, but not yet enough for the batty bathorse to notice as of yet. Disappointed at this new news, Kozaky let out a rather grumpy huff.

"Huff... You know the old saying though. Survivors don't give dragons bad news...

Hah!"  Latching onto a new idea, Kozaky points a hoof towards the spa attendant.

"This mare you mentioned shall surely know where this alicorn thing last headed off to! So now its your duty to help me find Sorrow! I demand that-!"

Kozaky then emphatically points his other front hoof at Bubble Burst... and time seems to pause for a moment. For a second, Kozaky's cocky grin instantly fades to a worried expression as his mind catches up to what he's just done a few steps too late. Even were his legs strong enough to hold him, they certainly can't at the angle he was previously leaning over the counter with. Given all the raging, spitting, fluttering & literal eating of dirt he'd done so far tonight, his legs buckle under the sudden shift in uncoordinated weight and Kozaky drops.

Falling too fast for his front legs to catch him, even if coordination was something a stallion that was basically a bum could manage, Kozaky's chin catches the edge of the front desk, forces his head up too quickly... and knocks him out cold.

Due most likely to the general poor health Kozaky takes an effort to maintain, he'll likely be out solid for a while now & with the spa having mostly closed up, Bubble Burst now has a completely unresponsive & unconscious batpony on his hooves. Light enough to shove outside into the cold & clearly without any next-of-kin to care if Kozaky died, he could just as easily be shoved outside... but that would be tantamount to murder.

#################################################

@Blitz Boom & @~Phoenix~

Cool BEANS!!!

With a wild swipe with his tentacle and not a second thought as to actually looking directly at the newcomers who brought his ornery, lost appendage back to him, Widdershins bats the claw out of the air, tosses it without aim onto the end of his other, triple-segmented, right limb and flicks at it once with his tentacle, screwing it into place with an noticeable sound effect to match.

Hah! To answer your question, No! But I did own a claw that was missing its Drakonakletish! Hah! I'm clever!

You know, had this whole plan to fire off the other three segments and make things even more complicated, but your writers already have enough to cope with! Now... let's see... why did I need this back again...? Oh! Right!

Staring at his claw with sudden awareness, the Draconequus makes an elaborate show of closing his claw. With a *Clack, Poof!* a small, neon-pink cloud appears... then dissipates just as quickly. Somewhere across town & out of sight of the three present at the tents, the small family of the house that Widdershins had imploded earlier that day with Last Stand present have had enough time to console each other & the family dog and were heading off dejectedly towards the tent area. As they step just past the neighboring house, a loud whirring sound kicks up behind them like the rewinding of a rather large tape.

The remaining debris left of the be-rubbled lot where their house once stood starts levitating off the ground, then zips over the rooftop opposite their house where it collects into a large ball that starts growing in size to approximately house size. Slowly, over the course of a minute, fragments of the spinning ball of splintered remains start reassembling themselves piece-by-piece as if some massive being was puzzling back together their home. Having finally reassembled back into how their house once looked, it spins slowly a few more times, back & forth as if receiving one last, final check... then lurches forward to land haphazardly & loudly, but exactly the way the home had been before it imploded, as if nothing had changed at all. With the only noticeable sound being a slight tinkling noise.

After a shocked moment, the wife waves at her family and walks forward to poke her head cautiously inside. With a confused shrug, she turns back to her family and motions for them to come back inside to bed. Several minutes later, as their foals & dog are settling to bed the parents make one final check of the house... and a shrill cry of the father rings out late into the night... "Augh! My porcelain cabbage collection!!"

Welp! Enough of that then!

So who do I have to thank for the return of the magiclaw!??!

Finally turning to address the two ponies that had walked up to him, he turns to each in turn.

Hah! BigAngry couldn't make it back? Well! You must be Mr.SexSymbol! Guess that explains why she couldn't be here! 'Cause she's a strong, independent, black mare dat don' need no stallion! Hah! I'm witty!   And YOU must b-

The second Widdershins looks directly at Phoenix the jocular & carefree tone drains from him, leaving a serious, but vaguely curious expression on his face.

For an awkward moment he silently stares at the orange mare, his bright yellow eyes now noticeably glowing in the dimming evening light. He first turns his long head to his right to point all of his left eye straight at Phoenix, then, slowly he cocks his head the same way to his left to eye at her fully with his other, opposite side of his head. Coming back to center, he calmly addresses Phoenix finally.

Huh. Neat.   ...Where'd you get a genderswap curse put on you?

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom @Summer Breeze

Frosty jumped into the water after Nerzhei. He followed her down, swimming after her with some effort. He didn't swim often, or get out of his house at all often, really.

The journey through the sea was fairly uneventful, even though Nerzhei did punch a shark at one point. That was memorable. Frosty had prepared a spiky ice-shield, but it hadn't been necessary.

When they got to the rocky part of the ocean, Nerzhei used some signs to try to tell Frosty something. He didn't understand any of it, but he soon followed Nerzhei's example and started looking at the rocks. He didn't know what Nerzhei meant with the signs, but considering that she was apparently looking for something, he thought that she must've meant the gems, so he kept a lookout for any shiny objects.

Frosty didn't see any gems, but he did spot an opening in the rocks. Maybe it led to the gems? He swam up to Nerzhei and tapped her shoulder with his hoof, pointing at the opening with his remaining hoof. He didn't know if she wanted to look into the cave, so he created a floating question mark made of ice for good measure, and also shrugging if it wasn't already clear enough.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

"When you put it like that, it does start to make sense. I've heard of unicorn magic surges but not much else on how ponies find their proficiencies. Their magic is usually used for more mundane purposes, for utility and all of that. Harnessing it as a force is... well, new to me. I could try your suggestion and see how that goes." 

Without hesitation, Sen sat down upright with hind legs crossed and claws perpendicular to each other. He closed his eyes and thought about a ball of white light forming in front of him and slowly growing. Each breath slowed his perception of time and only took notice of the sounds of ambient noise and his own breath, only thinking of the imaginary ball and letting tiny pieces of dust or some small particle adding to the larger whole. Then heat resonated from the object before him in his mind and became more and more like a simple light source. Without noticing anything in the physical realm, that same ball was also forming until Sen opened his eyes to see it. Unfortunately, that ball of light turned out to be a lot smaller than what he had in mind. He expected it to fit snugly in one claw but it looked like it would barely fit even one of the sharpened tips of his claw. 

"Well, nobody gets it on their first try." Sen looked on in disappointment. A second thought crossed his mind: his memories of being possessed. It still hurts to think about them but even those had some lessons to offer, or at the very least, information.  

"Legion's magic was a lot more that just manipulation and possession. My thoughts were his and whatever he thought, I also thought though I could still tell they weren't mine. It was tough to resist when I could feel some kind of tingling in my head telling me to follow Legion if I ever tried to resist. It was even worse when Malvernis did it the first time. I digress, his knowledge of magic is much more extensive than I could ever imagine. Even sister's ability to open gates is not exempt; if Legion wanted, he could come here anytime and that ability to open and close gates to anywhere would be natural to him. If ever my ability was to possess others, that would scare me into avoiding magic altogether. There are so many ways that could go wrong."

Sen returned to his meditative pose and tried again, repeating his process and that resulted in a slightly larger ball but it quickly shattered and dissipated the pent-up energy in all directions.  

Edited by EQ_Theta
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

*Cosmic comes to still near where he last fell.* 'Well, I guess I meant it when I said I couldn't control my power in my true form.' *He then starts to feel a very painful throbbing coming from his horn?.* 'What in Tartarus? Why does my horn hurt so much? Why do I have a horn? I thought I had antennae before. It must be a side effect from that mana explosion of a magic surge. I need to get back into town. Maybe somepony can help me. If the cult finds me, I can defend myself. Lest I have another of those and hurt innocent ponies. Besides, I think my chain of memory is the key to understanding the power I have.'

*He thinks about what he remembers. It then dawns on him why it accrued.* 'buck me. I need the rose. I am still the Living Spell Matrix. Silverwing's power is what slumbers within me. I thought that existence was finished.'

*He places a hoof on the tree.* 'Thanks my ancient friend. I hope I didn't hurt you. I hope I will be. But I can use magic right now. Yeah, Celly and Lulu should know. But Ponyville is closer.'

*He then makes his way back towards Ponyville. His movements are wobbly and unstable. He looks like he could fall at anytime. As he moves the throbbing pain in his head gets worse. He doesn't let it stop him. He knows currently the Everfree isn't safe.*

*It takes about 30 minutes to an hour to get back to town. As he comes to be within sight of other ponies he collapses falling into a dreamless sleep. One Luna would notice as the dream state of a very hurt pony.*

• Brohoof 1

On 2017-4-26 at 11:09 PM, Blitz Boom said:

"I apologize little one, and if problems arise, I will take what blame I must, but I only wished to protect as many as I could. The winged one said that the air should be kept clean of more fireworks, and you seemed eager to use this thing. I did not wish for him to return, or for you to accidentally hurt someone. We should strive for living peacefully with one another after all, yes?"

Lyriel were saddened about how it seemed her actions had angered Blood, but unfortunately, it still seemed like the best option to do what she had, before something would happen. Even if it were but an accident, damage were damage after all, and the earth mother would not be proud to find that she allowed such a thing to happen, and especially from the forest that she were governing.

"Which makes me wonder, why would you wish to infect anyone for simply being with you? Is this a test amongst you equines that I have not heard of? I still have much to learn about your noble kind and your traditions I'm afraid to say, so it might have slipped past me."

Blood frowned and snorted, "You will have to pay for those fireworks you damaged, should cost you quite alot of bits really. If you use that sort of money. Otherwise you might get jailed for criminal damage after all" she remarked to the tree. She then frowned "Well I infect whoever i want to infect, whenever i want." she added with a frown, she could do as she wished and that was that.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom @Widdershins

Phoenix simply follows Smokey as they enter the strange area. she looked side to side, taking in all of the strange details as they make their way towards a room. she remains silent through the whole process. she wasn't much of a talker if she didn't have to be. a polar opposite to smokey, who could go on for ages, she thought to herself. 

as they entered the room, she was greeted by the sight of a strange creature. it looked like a mish mash of various other animals. ah yes, that is indeed what she was expecting to see. however, it seems as though each draconicus is different. it was always a surprise to see just what animals made up a single one. she glanced over at it with a steely gaze, as she took it in. 

she watched as he made some strange gestures, and listened as he said some strange things that seemed nonsensical to her. then he made his way to his greetings. when he got to her, it seemed only natural that he'd be confused. after all, they had never met before. but one thing certainly caught her off guard. when he opened his mouth to say "Huh. Neat.   ...Where'd you get a genderswap curse put on you?". she winced as he said this, as it had struck a nerve with her. however, she said nothing after that as she looked away to hid the fact that her cheeks were glowing a crimson red. it was a part of her past that she had long since accepted, and any mention of it only made things worse, as she didn't enjoy drawing attention towards herself. 

she might have been able to play it off and act as though she didn't know what he was talking about, but with a being like him, it may have only made things worse. besides, she was caught so off guard that she had no time to prepare herself for something like that. 

• Brohoof 2

@Midnight_Aurora @Blitz Boom

Pinkie giggled happily and threw her arms around Anomaly in a hug, "Yay, roomies!" She cheered. "You can stay with me and Gummy Anomaly!" :pinkie: Looking back over at Cacora she nodded, letting go of Anomaly for a moment to write down a quick message on a piece of paper, roll it up, and stick the end of it in her hair. As she went back to hugging Anomaly the paper slowly sank down into her mane until it disappeared.

• Brohoof 1

20 hours ago, MaryxMelody said:

Mary smiled. " Yea! I love it, I am pretty well at adapting yes!" Mary giggled.

"Haha, you should've seen Twilight when I went over for her to check it out! Oh my gosh! She was so silly, she was like a bee that found a brand new flower!" Mary chuckled at the memory.

"Wait you actually told twilight?" She said as she started to laugh "I'm mostly surprised she didn't take it from you."

"Well She probably wanted to but she didn't because she's really friendly" She said "I remember a time when she offered to change me into a pegasus with a spell but I declined because even though I was scary to everyone I chose to be how I preferred to be. Anyways I think I'll head out for now see if I can find out why I'm here but I'll return if I get tired... I mean If that ok with you."

• Brohoof 1

45 minutes ago, Maple Bat said:

"Wait you actually told twilight?" She said as she started to laugh "I'm mostly surprised she didn't take it from you."

"Well She probably wanted to but she didn't because she's really friendly" She said "I remember a time when she offered to change me into a pegasus with a spell but I declined because even though I was scary to everyone I chose to be how I preferred to be. Anyways I think I'll head out for now see if I can find out why I'm here but I'll return if I get tired... I mean If that ok with you."

Mary giggled. "Heh, ya! If you did take it off of me though, I would die in under an hour!" Mary stated

"Alright! Have fun, thats fine! I dont own you. " Mary giggled and sat up.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom & @~Phoenix~

One thing that most quickly learn with a being like Widdershins who perpetually wears their emotions & thoughts on its proverbial sleeve is that responding to his antics tends to only goad him more. The consensus is still out on whether NOT responding is any less goading around him.

Unwinding a bit more from around the tent where the trio had met outside, Widdershins steps forward holding his front half off the ground, his front limbs dangling below as if held up like a curious puppet.

Whaaat? What's with all the face movement?  Well, maybe it was a potion & not a spell, it is entirely possible they've edited that page since last I read it. Wish I could change genders intentionally at will! Well... that would require having a gender in the first place or knowing which was which, but irregardless!

Widdershins winds closer to Phoenix, grinning curiously.

That's mighty fine work considering this "nameless" witch was flinging at utter random! I mean, lookit!

With that, the Draconequus unwinds from the tent & picks up Phoenix in his front limbs by the chest and lifts her like a large stuffed toy. It then points her rear straight at Smokey and loudly proclaims:   Just look at that flank!

Then quickly tucking the mare under his tentacle as if carrying a pillow, he then nods sagely to himself.

Indeed, a tuckus like that is fine artwork! Tyzain really knows his stuff!

Then, in an over-exaggerated gesture as he moves onto his next thought, Widdershins drops Phoenix by his side to wave his front tentacle and lobster claw limb.

Why just imagine the potential for rom-com hi-jinks & adventures there! Think of it! Not many mortals can leave their physical form in their lifetime like this!

Once more picking Phoenix up again as she attempts to get back up on her hooves, Widdershins excitedly presses his long, fuzzy face into Phoenix's all the while once more pointing her flank directly at Smokey.

I simply must know how's life like as a stallion in a mare's body! And don't leave out any details! Hee hee!

• Brohoof 1

@Widdershins @Blitz Boom

Phoenix was rather caught by surprise when the creature grabbed her and picked her up. she was rather dazed by the whole ordeal, but all she could hear coming from the Draconicus's mouth was a bunch of gibberish. she, of course wasn't too fond of the attention, and as such she was going to try and get herself out of the situation. 

she squirmed and wiggled a bit, doing as much as she could being held in those positions. eventually, she got a rear hoof to push herself out of the creatures grip, as she fell to the floor with an "oof." she very quickly got herself up off the floor and darted out of the room they were in. it was very clear that the creature had struck a nerve with her, and she would much rather escape the situation. 

she contemplated running even farther, but still, she felt compelled not to. whether or not part of her past has been compromised, she still wanted to learn from smokey. she would wait there until they were finished inside, and then they would continue on, hopefully "without that creature made of leftover undesirable parts", she thought to herself. 

• Brohoof 1

23 hours ago, MaryxMelody said:

Mary giggled. "Heh, ya! If you did take it off of me though, I would die in under an hour!" Mary stated

"Alright! Have fun, thats fine! I dont own you. " Mary giggled and sat up.

"Well I'll be back at some point." She laughed a bit "Hey, thanks again for letting me stay here while sort out all this madness. Haha for the daughter if Discord you would think I'd be good at this."

Maple then left Mary's home and set out to find somepony who knew where Discord was. If anyone could help her figure out if she was here for a reason it was him.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Maple Bat said:

"Well I'll be back at some point." She laughed a bit "Hey, thanks again for letting me stay here while sort out all this madness. Haha for the daughter if Discord you would think I'd be good at this."

Maple then left Mary's home and set out to find somepony who knew where Discord was. If anyone could help her figure out if she was here for a reason it was him.

Mary giggled and stood up walking to my bedroom. Sighing, letting all emotion drain from her as the dark side showed out of her necklace. She was a cyan pony, with a black, pink and magenta mane. "What do you want now, Dark Rose?" Mary sighed, dreadfully.

"You know what I want. You ready yet?" DR sighed. "Well, your loss! The time will come soon." Dark Rose, sighed mockfully. 

"You know, it wont! I just- " Mary growled and jumped at Dark Rose  but DR had moved out of the way just in time. Dark sigh. 

"Just get over yourse-" Dark Rose gasped as Mary cried. Dark rose left just in time as Mary's girlfriend had knocked on the door. "I have to give her full control one day. I cant just keep it away from her forever. She gave me what I wanted..." Mary sighed. "Yep! You have to one day! You know, you have to keep a promise!!" Dark Rose replied full of evil. Not a hint of empathy in her. by this time Mary had gotten up wiped her eyes and opened the door for LS.

"Hello, LS." Mary tried to smile. Ls came in and they chatted and finally LS noticed Mary was actting off.

"Hey, girlie. Whats wrong?" Ls said, looking at Mary. Mary told her what had happened and as Mary had started crying again. LS ended it with a kiss. For the rest of the hour. They had chatted and played some pretend and stuff to cheer each other up.  

• Brohoof 1

@genessee

"Nice? Heh, that's a first."

Null took a few more bites of her stew as she started thinking on. Not so much about the times that she had Void had been running and practically any being had been hostile towards them relatively fast, but more about the first thing Lance had said, about how he couldn't hurt Void if he wanted to.

Much as her sis seemed somewhat fine right now, she had always been a brittle pony, which made her worried for her sis. If she put her faith in Lance here being nice and then turned around and betrayed her... It would go from her getting a step forward, to devastating her and make her pull even more back.

Now, Null was going to be the first one to say that they couldn't trust anypony straight off the bat, but this place wasn't like where they usually had run from. It were seemingly far more open, and so far actually seemed like a place where they could settle down without too much prejudice about them for their curse, which were likely a factor in why Void had given it a shot to talk with and somewhat trust a stranger.

It was good, and the best place for it they had been in their lives, but it didn't make her any less nervous about the fact that this guy could definitely end up hurting her sister far more than he had an idea about. She'd have to keep a close eye on this guy, that was for sure.

Another thing that caught her eye was the ragtag team at the desk now that seemed to be some sort of aqua-guard, a pony looking sort of like a fox and and a colt with.. Was that a phoenix? What the hay kind of town was this again where birds like this just wandered around the place?

"You knew anything about this town before moving in? Wondering if it's always such a circus."

======================================================================

@Trixie .

Fluttering about, Sorrow had her eyes out for someplace that'd do the trick, but it wasn't too easy. Some places with open areas nearby seemed far too fancy and closed off/closed so they couldn't see anything anyway, and other places that looked really promising were abandoned for the night.

She were about to ask if perhaps they should find something else to do, when she spotted a place that'd do. An outdoor scene that seemed to hold live entertainment at times, with a good deal of tables in front of it where ponies were actively eating at this point. Looked like a non-fancy place, but that would likely be for the better too. Nobles could be such a pain sometimes.

"Hey Keeneye, what about there? There's a scene and an audience and everything."

=======================================================================

@Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich

Uuuh, what a pretty book.

Ziggy felt the flare of curiosity start to flicker as she saw the book and noticed the title, but she didn't start to flicker in it yet... Too much. She did see a few pages that really caught her eye, but she couldn't just start to read it yet... Could she?

No! Bad Ziggy, answer friend first, then exciting book.

"I never figured that the gardens would smell like that. Is that how chaos smells in general? I'm guessing you meanty Discord at least, but if it is the princesses... Luna is oil, Celestia banana?"

She looked between her friend with a small, impish grin on her face, and the book in front of her that seemed to hold a good deal of info she liked. Outdated stuff, sure, but knowing of past things were still very interesting.

"Perhaps I can sniff Luna when she comes around the next time, see if I can get an idea about that. Hehe, that should confuse her a bit.

And really, I don't think it will be too long. I mean, she gave you the things for this here potion, so she must know about how it doesn't last long per application. Few days tops I bet, though if they're still holding a meeting over everything that's been going on in town today, who knows? Big roar roar dragon might end up dragging it out if they're trying to sort that out."

=======================================================

@Dji

The mare shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't know. Perhaps you just want to talk a bit and feel safe enough around me? I mean, I'm not really a threat to anything and tired enough to pop over with a small shove."

The mare giggled a little at things, then cleared her throat slightly and returned to what had been said by this strange, somewhat sad looking pony.

"My name is Circle Pop. I have a candy store further into town. or well, I did, before the monster crushed it. But we should get to the part of town where it was tomorrow and it'll get rebuild in no time.

And yeah, like you said, the chili isn't for keeping yourself awake, but you don't look so tired either, so I figured that if you did have your eye out for that, that I'd warn you. The ones I've heard that tried this says it really burns, and you don't seem local, so I didn't think it would be a good way to be introduced to town.

"Hehe, listen to me, ramble on and on, I never even got around to ask for your name. Who are you friend, and what brings you to Ponyville in these troubled times?"

===========================================================

@Shineling @Midnight_Aurora

"I made it. I'm kind of a draconequus, I think? I used to be at least, now I'm... Perhaps a construct? No idea, not really fussed either. I just make things, have fun, and from a few hours ago, started to see the weird human thing. Never seen anything before, so it was kinda strange, but he's okay I guess. When he's not a big meanie who wanna stop me from having fun.

Hehe, I can feel him glare at me. He doesn't find it funny.

Anyway, wha- Candy!"

Being offered the candy smile, Anomaly stopped dead in her tracks and extended her pumpkin head until she could clasp around the candy smile, which she at first changed around a little to fit in her mouth, then after she had her fun, started to chew down on the delicious treat. She loved sugary goodness.

The other two yapped on about this and that, with Cacora saying more specifically what she were going to do on her journey to Pinkie, then some things about Anomaly - spoilers! - before she went on to say something about Anomaly needing a home. Not something she had thought about and certainly not something she needed but was a very nice offer that she for sure were gonna accept.

Stop editing my posts Anomaly! Or I'l- Yeowch! Stop making the paper slap me too, or I will take a page from Widdershins and make anvils fall on you.

"Bla bla, empty threats."

...Anomaly would go on as she wanted to, but not ahve the chance to reply to things before Pinkie had wrapped her hooves around her and drawn her into a hug that made her head pop off and roll down on the ground in surprise. Usually nopony hugged her , so this was strange, but in a really nice sort of way. Well, except for the fact that her head was on the ground. Who knew who might end up 'accidentally* stepping on it.

Wait, nevermind, she picked it up again whilst Pinkie wrote down the note and set it on again and... Okay, spawning three arms from each side of your body to embrace Pinkie really well? That's creepy Anomaly.

"Nuh-uh, it's just to be nice."

There are literally ponies going in a big circle around you right now and go for the other line to get away.

"Oooh, I will... Heh, sorry Pinkie, strange man likes to argue. And sure, I'll hang around you, it'll be fun! I don't use a lot of place either. I usually just pop into my pumpkin and sleep there. It scares the shoes off everypony when they think I'm just a regular pumpkin and I start to jump after them and make scary noises.

Hey cool, your mane can eat stuff. How about this?"

With a snap of her tail, a paper crane fell down on Pinkie's head, then started to wander around in the pink fluff and peck at the sinking paper that came before it.

==============================================================

@Lloyd

"Of course the anti-magic would affect our own spells, but that's where physical strength comes into play, and this vessel have some sharp talons. Weak compared to how I used to be, but they would do the trick.

And no, I won't get thrown out of here if I handle anti-magic. Possession isn't so much about magic unless it's a summoned, weak spirit. It's a battle of souls for a shell, and this one have given up already, so even if my grip would be a little weakened, I doubt she would have it in her to push me out. In fact, she's currently inside her little dream world and pretending that nothing is wrong while I run her meat suit. Very complacent and workable. Perhaps enough so that I will spare her when this is all done."

Struggling against a strong spirit trying to control you was hard and didn't always wield good results, so it had been a simple matter of bombarding the former inhabitant with enough pressure to see if she would back down, then as she did, make sure to tell her that if she wanted to get out of this alive, she would stay out of her hair until she were done using her vessel. Something which so far she had done with no complaints, and even stepped so far back that she wouldn't be able to tell what went on. Blissfully ignorant certainly, but it made this so much smoother, and if she ended up in a good mood when she found her element, Athriel might actually let the griffon fly off unto whatever little perch she wanted to.

"As to whatever or not I can teleport, I could, once. But the years have not been kind to my powers, and I likely need the element to start doing more. I can point you to where it is on a map though if it is. You seem very capable in your magic still, but what else to expect from the infamous Warlock? Oh, all the warnings I heard about you back then, hmhmhm. Such fascinating tales, though they hadn't mentioned you could use any of the other elements. I suppose I should have seen that coming though. You don't become the element of greed for nothing, right?"

A small smirk spread on her beak, but she suppressed herself from actually laughing. Laughing at something else likely wouldn't get her more than a reprimand if it annoyed him, but laughing at Warlock, even if it wasn't an insult? She wasn't that suicidal.

=========================================================================

@Lloyd

Screecher looked Iron Wing over like if he were a battle plan. Analyzing, calculating worth, potential errors, and of course, what measures they'd have to do to get him a proper general's outfit. Morning Dew's were custom made for him, just as her own were for her, and he would need something of his own too, as soon as they would have the time.

Granted, her own might not look like much of a difference from a typical Night Guard outfit at first glance, but it had more details, protective runes carved into the enchanted metal and were impossible for others than her to wear. A minor safety precaution she wanted in when she had gotten her suit, which she had wanted specifically to not make anypony suspicious at first glance. Having a surprise element was a strategic advancement after all.

After a while of this, Dew elbowed her a little, which made her cut it out for the time being and look over Iron with the more neutral, casually analyzing glare she tended to have.

"I heard a little about you. Interesting wings."

She raised her hoof and made a salute at the new general of the Solar guards, as were custom, before lowering her hoof, though her gaze didn't leave him at any point.

Quite honestly, she had figured that eventually when they would get a new general in, that it would be a tall pony, but this one were like Dew, which meant that she had a good head or so above him to work with. She were also less muscular, but everything had its price after all.

"I am Midnight Screecher, general of the Night Guard. It's an honor to meet the next general in line of the Solar Guards."

Dew grunted a little and nodded in approval. It wasn't the most personal Screecher tended to be, but this was a new pony too, and she were seeing what he would do. Studying others for a time before trying to get a bit more close and personal were a trade-mark of hers if you could call it that.

"Okay then, there is a lot of bad things going on in the kingdom right now and it needs their generals to sort it out. Screecher and I have laid out a plan to start with, and then you need to get along with what you do from there. Listen and learn from Screecher if you can too Iron. She can be a tough one at times, but she usually means well and could get you started well here.

A few more things: Remember that the official assembly where I hand over the title to you for all of Canterlot to see will happen in three days, at which point I expect you to be wearing a new set of armor. You need to represent the guard now kiddo, so look your best. I'll be telling the rest of the guards that I've handed the title over to you when I get out of here so give it a half hour, and the Solar Guard will know to listen to your orders.

Screecher can show you where you need to go for armor when you have set the plan in motion. Now then, are there any questions, or are you two lazy bums ready to get to work?"

Dew gave one of his rare smile to the two of them. Not a big one, but still something from the usually stoic and almost stone-carved pony.

==================================================================

@Lloyd

After Astral had left, some more time would go before suddenly a somewhat weak voice would filter out from the stallion on the ground.

"This is gonna get awkward."

Chow had unfortunately been awake for a bit here, which were long enough to hear what had been said, but considering the subject and how he felt like he had been smashed against a wall a few times, he had figured it was best if he kept up the unconscious act until Astral had left or he knew what to say to her. Turned out she left before that, and it still felt weird.

Getting slowly to his hooves again, he swayed a bit before putting a hoof over his eye to feel if he were still bleeding. Turned out there wasn't anything there of wounds, though that didn't concern him as whatever else wasn't there. Which were the mad thing that had been trapped in there for a long time, whom were now currently out and about in another host. Where she were in full control. And of course, along with a crazed, heavy magic dealer who wanted to kill them all.

This day had not stopped going belly-up yet, and now he had to face a conversation that he didn't even know how to really get along with.

"Not sure what's gonna hurt worse here. Getting smacked around like that, or having to tell Astral that... Awh heck, I don't even know. I mean, shes a nice kid and all, but I never really thought on stuff like this. Not with a pony at least."

Chow scratched the back of his head with a funny look on his face.

"Y'know, talking to somepony's dad about this is all kinds of awkward. Think we can take this another time, and then we try t' focus on what to do with the dynamic duo on the loose?"

===========================================================================

@Lloyd

Golden started to summon another light bolas over his head when he first saw Astral, but it fizzled out once his common sense had taken over his instinctual reaction, though he still kept his distance for now. The stories he knew about witches made him nervous.

"The matter of trust is not something taken lightly considering what have happened today, but I will let you stay free for now. However, as this establishment is not one I control, and our hostess have certain things she would like to keep a secret, I think it best if you simply stay here."

"When it comes to secrets, I think I know more than she could find out. You would be impressed about what I can find out from my lodgers even when they never realize it."

Scarcity had wandered back out when she heard a particular voice whom belonged to one that she had expected to be long gone by now. Yet it was fortunate that she were here, because she had one, rather important question to ask the witch.

"Now, what have you done to Chow?"

"Scarcity, I understand your impatience with wanting him found, but-"

"With the greatest of respects ambassador: Be quiet. I am to give assistance and answers, beyond also potentially exposing my business to others? You have asked much of me in the last few minutes Golden, and I want something in return now. I want a simple answer to what happened to Chow, and if he is alive. Before I get that, we are not going anywhere.

And before anypony gets any ideas, magic isn't going to make me change my mind."

Scarcity rose an old, intricate-looking necklace up so that the others could see. One that she hadn't been wearing before entering the other room before.

Golden knew what this object were specifically, but even if none of the others knew about the story of this once sealed away necklace, the feeling of a slight pull from it, as if it were hungering for something, should at least tell them that this was not something regular. If they were able to tell that this was an aggressive magic-eating amulet though, was anypony's guess. Depended on what sort of magic they had been around/read about before.

It wasn't quite the same as anti-magic mind you, but it had a somewhat similar effect. if spells were cast on Scarcity, it would eat the essence of it, yet that included her own. Which meant that any magic she cast right now would be wasted. It was also only possible to nullify with actual anti-magic, but that would be a huge mistake, as that would release what were stored in it in a violent burst of magic that would - depending on how much magic were in it currently - might end up pulverizing most of Canterlot.

At least Golden felt somewhat good about how she didn't have the matching crown to it. The necklace was a good absorber on its own, but without the crown of sin it was just stored in there. The second half was needed to actually use it. Hopefully she would never find that thing, no matter how responsible she were with her possessions. Nopony should have that sort of thing hanging around.

============================================================

@Foxy Socks @Twilight-Shimmer

"W-Well, long as it doesn't attack, I-I don't have a problem. I'm just... Surprised that you have one of t-those. Phoenixes always sounded like a r-rare thing, but you hanging with one... A-Are they common here in Equestri-"

Void were interrupted by the increasing voice of Amazon Lily, who started low, but ended up rather loudly as time went by and more color started to drain from her face.

It wasn't anything Void understood though. What made the guard look like she had seen a gjost, increasingly saying *no* with fear in her voice and eventually, turn on the spot and bolt away, where she seemed to hide behind a nearby bench? Was she afraid of chili or something?

Following where she had looked before, Void got a feeling she understood why when she saw the... Well, whatever it was really.

It looked like a mixture of parts roughly put together as a pony-like form, and with a big pumpkin head, six arms from the sides of it's body, and currently in the embrace of Pinkie Pie. Quite the freaky thing, but if Pinkie was okay with it, then it should be safe, r-right? perhaps the guard just didn't know that?

"I'm s-sorry, but could you perhaps help her? I'll p-prepare some food for you when you get back, but I t-think she needs somepony there. Something apparently s-scared her."

======================================================

@Widdershins @~Phoenix~

(before Phoenix ran off)

Smokey waited until the claw was back in its place before he made a deep, gallant bow towards the draconequus who seemed to have a rather... Flattering nick name for him, depending on the crowd. Usually this would amuse him somewhat, but with his current companion Phoenix, it felt slightly out of place. Not enough for him to be rude though, that wouldn't do.

"May the sun and moon shine brightly upon your future good sir. My name is Billowing Smoke, though most just calls me Smokey, and this here is my delightful companion Phoenix. Last Stand asked us to deliver the appendage that you had misplaced in her stead, as I am afraid she haves her own issues in town. Specifically, antagonizing Ancalagon, which really is a rather foolish endeavor, but that is neither here nor there."

He had so many questions to Widdershins right now. How did he work, were he related to the famed Discord, how old were he, why was he here, etc. Much as the adventurer had seen much, a draconequus were not one of them, and he loved new experiences. It was usually exciting in its own way, even if it was something bad like falling into a snake pit... Again.

Yet, no questions had the chance to emerge before the draconequus brought up something which rather took Smokey by surprise.

Gender-swapping was a strange kind of magic that he usually only heard about in small pranks that couldn't last more than a half hour at best, but Phoenix were instead one that had been afflicted for a while from the sound of it, and were normally a stallion? Not that he was judging mind you, but still, this were a rather huge surprise in his mind.

It didn't seem like she wished to talk about it, no matter how much the draconequus pressed on though, which didn't surprise SMokey much. Even if Phoenix hadn't been a rather reserved pony, this were not something which would be easy to speak about for anypony, and with all this pressuring it was just a matter of time before- Yes, there she ran. Oh dear.

(after Phoenix ran)

"This is escalating in a rather unfortunate manner. Look mister, while I don't know how you knew of this spell of hers or some of the other details you mentioned, may I perhaps suggest that another time, when a pony is not responding to something, to thread slightly more delicate? It seems like it's a sore subject you've been stepping in, and quite frankly, it is rather rude to go on then. This may very well be a secret, and those should be kept. Now if you will excuse me, I need to try and see if I can't calm her down. Goodbye."

Without more to the subject than the light scolding, he turned around and ran after Phoenix, hoping she had not gone away too far after the episode that just occurred.

Thankfully, he managed to find Phoenix not too far away, though he didn't just go over and embrace and say that everything was going to be okay. That would be crossing a limit of some kind that was better left alone for this particular mare.

"Phoenix? Thanks Celestia that I found you. I was worried that perhaps he had managed to chase you out of town with his comments."

Slowing down he made a circle around so that he could see her a bit more face to face, without interfering with her personal space.

"Look, I will not dig into things if you do not wish to speak of it. Nopony have a right to scour through your personal life after all, but that does not mean that I wish for you to simply vanish into the night and wander alone with this bubbling in your mind. It doesn't feel right."

Giving her a smile to try and cheer things up again, he thought that perhaps it would help somewhat if he tried to lighten the mood. Or make her punch him, but whatever it would end with, it were likely better than this.

"Will it help if I challenge him to a duel for your honor? I am sure I could beat him in water pistols at dawn."

=======================================================================

@Widdershins

"You're kidding me, right? I've been in this world for what, five years at this point? And even I know about anti-magic.  Here, let me boil it down for you.

Anti-magic isn't something unicorns or anypony just throws around like it was telekinesis, it is very directly the absolute absence of magic, to the point where it destroys any of it that comes near it. Usually this sort of stuff is in necklaces and works as a kind of protection, but how she have it on her I have no ideas. All I know is that she got close enough, and then all my transformation magic fizzled out. If you got close enough, the same would happen to you.

That's one of the problems with the things, and why as far as I know, it's illegal in quite a few countries to own. It disrupts magic so effectively that getting close can make anything go away, including magical barriers. If the stuff wasn't so rare and showing off what we were, I wouldn't be surprised to find that a changeling would have waltzed over to Canterlot and used it to make a big ol' hole in the shield around town for easy access of their hive."

Quite frankly, this would have been the simple solution if they were able to get an item with this sort of thing over it, and Chrysalis could've dropped the whole act, but whatever. It was in the past and she likely wouldn't hear the input of others anyway.

"And for the record, unicorn school would be the last place you'd see an item like that. Ain't easy to educate when the magic well's been sealed up. But hey, as I said, if you don't believe me, go in line, have a hoof-shake with her and see what happens.If you really don't think you're a changeling, then what do you have to loose? Nervous that you really are somewhat like one of us, hm?"

Happy leaned forward and focused on Ambie to see his reaction, whilst ignoring the sounds around him of ponies yapping on about their own things, and the comments about him being a freak show. Especially from little miss one-wing over there, whom he were going to have to pay back for those comments later on. Perhaps *accidentally* shoving her into a fountain would do the trick.

================================================================

@Widdershins

*sigh* They really got all the special cases today in Ponyville, didn't they? First the mare with the skull around her neck, then the alicorn stallion, and now this blubbering crazy pony who had knocked himself out after speaking about dragons.

Bubble's first thought was to simple roll him into a corner and then ask his bosses about what to do, but that'd just end up poorly when he woke up and likely would start to yapping on again. Plus they really needed to close the spa by now, so having others in here wasn't ideal. More than just rolling him out like trash of course, but that was both also both a horrible thing to do to anypony and a PR nightmare. Might be this one were off his rocks, but that didn't mean that they could treat him like that, both in the eyes of the Lotus sisters and the public.

Going over a few other options, he eventually settled on going further inside the spa and finding Bulk Biceps, whom he asked to help him with the crazed pony. Bubble wasn't physically too strong, so lifting the unconsious one wasn't an option, but as Bulk showed when he got there, it was no issue for him, and soon thereafter they were outside, trying to figure out what direction to go.

Since Kozaky had mentioned a dragon, and they both had heard t he roar before - both times - it was a safe bet for them that the stallion were connected to him, but where to go, since they couldn't see it?

"I heard other ponies speaking of some a food parlor being set up earlier, in the big open area near the center of Ponyville. Perhaps somepony there can tell us where to go, and afterwards, we can have a bite to eat perhaps?"

"Yeeeeah!!!"

Bubble chuckled a little, endeared as he always were about Bulk's little antics, but not saying anything about it as they started to walk towards the center of attention in Ponyville right now. Hopefully somepony there could help them understand what to do with this one.

=======================================================

@Widdershins

Back with Widdershins, Briar wasn't exactly sure what had gone on between the two ponies that had shown up and Widdershins, but from the sound of it, he had grinded the gears of somepony in a rather bad fashion.

It was an unfortunate set of events, but what could he do here? What had been said were said, and it wasn't easy to try and smooth things out when the one being offended had already taken off. Not that he knew what to say here though really, as he had never even thought that gender swapping were a thing that could happen to ponies, but he might have been able to say something. Not like he could have made it much worse after all, no?

Letting out a small sigh, he shook his head an without a word went inside to check up on Brittle once more. Not anything else he could do out he- *Bonk*

"Ouch, what the blazed are this? Is this... Why would anypony leave a table in here?"

Seemed like second time wasn't a charm in missing that Widdershins had done something in here, though considering where this table stood, it was amazing that he hadn't found out by walking headfirst into it the first time, instead of only now.

===========================================================

@Holiday Agnaktor

Nerzhei had been checking some rocks out for any opening when she had been poked on the shoulder by Frosty and turned around to see him having marked a point with a question mark of ice. An effective little pin pointer, though she'd have to get closer to see if he had really scored jackpot here or not.

Following his lead, she swam over there and looked into the small'ish opening. Too small for her, likely was going to end with being so small it trapped Frosty if he went too far in, but definitely the sort of thing she had been looking for. She could practically feel the weak sensation that flowed lazily out of here, though without doing something, they wouldn't get far.

With a hand gesture she urged Frosty to stay back a little as she put her hand into the opening, connected with the rocks and started expanding the space.

It wasn't easy work, and it certainly wasn't quiet either, as the sound of rocks creaking like old floorboards vibrated through the area and made the sea life swim and scurry away, uncertain about what were going on until finally it stopped, and Nerzhei waved towards the now expanded route in the rocks. Should be good enough for them to not get stuck now, though it had taken a good deal out of her. Moving the core of rocky formations of this size without destroying it wasn't exactly easy after all.

If Frosty went first or he preferred that she did made no real difference. Eventually they would still both be swimming in a more expanded room that really didn't look like much. That is, if you ignored the dozens of small crystals in the walls and floor. Nothing bigger than one of Nerzhei's claws, but these weren't too great in size normally anyway. Most were just slivers usually, and so were the case here. But hey, they'd still do all the same, time to collect.

=========================================================================

@BloodDrops

"If I am to be punished for ruining this creation you call a firework, then I will accept that. The ones in the box are merely covered, not destroyed though, if I may correct you slightly.

And I am aware that perhaps it is not the best thing to do to interfere with things such as this, but my people... My, *former* people, believed that the earth mother wished for us to protect those around us, and though they have forgotten what that means, I don't, and I wish to make as little harm as possible come to those around here, unless it is part of the natural cycle. The fireworks may well have hurt somepony if you had aimed it at the sky after the guard asked us to not use it, in case one of your kind flew above us, and I would rather take scorn than letting that happen.

It is one of the things I like about you ponies. Generally speaking, you do seem to value life, and being well to one another, rather than fight and talk behind others backs constantly. It reminds me of better times."

How long had it been since she had even had a good comparison to the good days? Three years? That sounded about right, though it in fairness, those had not just been reminding days, but the actual, pleasant times before her people became heretics and brutes. Since she had escaped that, this place were the only one that made her feel good about things once more, even if she hadn't technically been into town yet. She got most of her information on how it were through the animals.

"I still don't understand though, why it is that you wish to infect others? If it is not akin to a rite of passage among the equine races, then what is the motivation for such a thing?"

===============================================================

@Midnight_Aurora

"Interesting."

The sound of a more speaking in a somewhat monotome tone were heard a few hooves behind Cosmic, moving slowly closer.

NtDBSw8.png

"Wobbly movements, unconsciousness within six minutes of entering town, yet seemingly no wounds. Potential causes is likely exhaustion, magical overexertion, or potentially something to do with the ripple before."

Belladonna talked about the pony in front of her like he were a book she were categorizing, or an object she were writing some footnotes about, complete with a somewhat disinterested look in her eyes.

Not that she didn't care for his well-being, but from what she could see there were no immediate damages, including swelling or darkening marks on his coat that would suggest internal bleeding, nor were he screaming in pain, which ruled out some of the more destructive damages like the aforementioned inner bleeding, muscle damages, intestinal issues, or broken bones, just to mention a few. For all intents and purposes, thus far, this pony showed no other signs of anything wrong that being exhausted.

"I suppose the best course of actions for now would be to move him to a more stable location than the street. A bench should do fine for the time being."

She had seen one a few meters ahead of them earlier, so that would be a good one to aim for that wouldn't strain this pony too much, whilst also ensuring he wasn't trampled on. Or at least reduce the chance by 98,3%, which left some leeway, but not enough to be much of a problem unless the last 1.7% actively jumped unto the bench to stomp on him.

If nothing would happen, she would attempt to use her magic to float Cosmic over to said bench, where she'd lay him out flat on his back and then see if he started to rattle back into reality again or not.

===================================================================

@EQ_Theta

Mother inspected the results that came from Sen's experiments with magic, finding interest in seeing what exactly this may be, but not finding certainty yet. His results were going to take time to be stable, and until it stayed there for some time, it could be difficult to say what it was without touching it and seeing for herself. Something which she attempted not to do, as she wanted to see if Sen could figure it out on his own.

"You are making progress Sen, but it will take time for you to do this properly. Or at least with any kind of stability. Peril has a habit of letting magic react with instincts in an attempt to save yourself or some you care for sometimes, though with an untrained mind, it might as well end up hurting others as saving them. Hopefully not something which we need to worry about.

Another thing you don't need to worry yourself about is this legion and his ways to get here. Portals can be created and passage granted through a number of regular magical abilities, but the gates that we make without much issue, is not as simple. It requires you to have a piece of this realm in your body, which should not be something Legion have, considering Lin came here and got freed.

Then again, my children are a long living race that sometimes mingle with others. I am not entirely certain that Omen is the only one to have been in your world, and this other one may have bred with one of your races. Descendants are not always able to go here, or have many traits of our kind for that matter, but they do contain parts of our home, so technically Legion could find one of those if they existed. I hope not though. The descendants should not be treated like puppets for something they have no part in."

Pondering whatever or not she could remember others of her children that had gone to the equine world, Mother found that she couldn't say for certain. She knew Omen had been the first, but it had been several thousand years since then, and their world were full of many kinds of creatures, so it were hard to say if perhaps one of the other masters came from there too in such a long time period.

"We will see as time goes by I suppose. For now though, may I ask you a question instead? You said that you and Legion were not just vessel and controller, but were attempting to be merged to a point where your memories got shared, yes? Did you get some of its memories in return when that happened by chance? It might prove to hold clues that can help you find a weakness in the hive-minded amalgamation."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

Dawn tilted her head at the tired mare, regarding Circle Pop curiously. She coughed a bit to clear her throat before awkwardly smiling.

"Sad to hear about your store. I've never had candy before," Dawn said quietly, sitting on the ground in front of Circle to rest her hooves for a few moments. "My name is Dawn Streak, Miss Pop. You know what brings me to Ponyville? Absolutely nothing because I live here," Dawn looked up at Circle before looking around them both. "We just met and I am not your friend, Miss Pop. The chilli, on the other hoof, is calling," she said with a small chuckle as she stood. Dawn sighed softly before blinking at Circle Pop. "While chilli may be hot, I declare myself the chilli eating champion. Even if nopony is around to witness it," the mare sighed to herself before looking up with a small hopeful expression. Maybe this mare could be her first friend in a long while? "Do you ... how do I put this? Chilli is chilli, and I think it's best shared as an ice breaker between new ponies. Don't you agree?"

Edited by Dji

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

"I knew some stories. I kind of figured they were myths or rumors, so when my parents offered me a cottage here I accepted. Pretty soon after that I was shown the, um, destroyed part of town. I guess some of the stories weren't rumors after all."

He shrugged.

"To answer your question, yes, it sure seems like it from what I've seen."

Edited by genessee

@Blitz Boom @Widdershins

Phoenix's ears perked up as she heard Smokey approaching. he went on talking about things, and she listened the entire time. however she looked off into the trees, avoiding eye contact the entire time, seeing as how she had just been put through quite an embarrassing moment. she planned to talk about it no further. perhaps that would be more detrimental to things rather than getting things out in the open, but Phoenix was much too stubborn for that. 

his last couple of sentences certainly caught her attention, however. "if i wanted to hurt him, i could have easily done so MYSELF" she said with a scoff, when he offered to duel. but his next sentence caught her attention even more. 

at dawn? certainly they weren't planning on spending the rest of the night here. and if they didn't, she certainly had no interest in returning to this place.

just the thought of sleeping near anypony else bothered her... alot. as her mind went off into these tangents, she thought about how she could easily split off and be fine on her own. but why didn't she want to do that? she shook her head as she tried to ponder this mystery. remaining still before Smokey

(edited)

@Blitz Boom  @Seamore Sandwich

*Who am I? Calm yourself, self! Your name is Will...something* was Will's first thought when he first woke up in a strange new world. Many questions were on his mind: *Where am I? How did I get here? Why is my memory of recent events all fuzzy? (And the most forefront question), What am I?*

More curious than scared, he ran his hands, or rather yellow hooves, over his new, red-fur body. Thankfully, his silver/white-framed glasses were in good condition and on his new muzzle. If he didn't have them, everything except those right in front of him would look fuzzy. The only other thing he was wearing was a blue vest that covered his front end. He wiggled around his new and unfamiliar brown tail, which match his brown hair, or is technically a mane? His hoof felt something coming out of his forehead like some kind of horn.

"If I didn't know any better," Will said to himself. "I'd say that I've transformed into an unicorn" As he gave one last look over his body, he stared at his flank which was blank. "That's odd. Why does it feel like there's supposed to be something there on my flank?"

Knowing he wasn't going to get any answers just standing around, he started walking through the forest to where he could see a town in the distance. 

*I guess there's one good thing about losing my memory: whatever my true form was, it must have started out walking on all fours with no big problem. So, I guess that's why I'm having no problem walking toward town right now*

Edited by WiiGuy2014
Forgot to mention someone

@Blitz Boom @Seamore Sandwich

"That was Discord, and his...kind?" Her ears flop to one side, "Princess Celestia's magic smells like Cake, not surprisingly and Princess Luna's smell like...well, like moonlight." Serenade grabs another book, looks it over then nods. "Each pony has a unique smell, and I know that sounds insensitive, but it's true. Princess Sparkle well...she's overwhelming. There are the residue of the Three Sisters, plus her unicorn magic smell." Serenade looks at Ziggy and winks, "old books by the way. Plus what smells like Cake, Moonlight and...well, it's kinda hard to describe"

@Blitz Boom

It was a first, she knew it was. She was really scared, seeing that object, she had read about it in the books and it kept her up late at night. She looked at her hoof, the markings still there, her warding was still around, if she stayed away she'd be safe. "Okay, Chow is at my dad's house, he's taking care of him as he's-" She lifted a hoof, wondering if she could cast an observing spell to check on him, smoke bellowed in her hoof, she put it back down causing it to dissipate, deciding not to, since these ponies had never seen that magic, they'd likely think it was something else, even as she pondered doing it. "He was injured, we tried to stop Warlock ourselves to prevent, something, from escaping his head, it did in the end. But he's all healed and stuff now. So no need to fuss over the inbetween stuff." She said batting a hoof. "Also, secrecy? Dad, make sure to keep quiet about what you might here." She spoke in a oddly loud tone. "He's omnipotent." She said leaning closer to them. "Well anyways, what's so important in that room anyways? Oh, is it the book we left him with?" She spoke almost hyperactivity, she did only have Chow, Misty, and her father as social interaction for most of her life. "I will stay out here, but I'd love to know why you have to go in there."

Francis looked to Nectar. "Wait, yeah why?" He looked down to Scarcity, stepping out from under Nectar. "Um, sorry if you had mentioned it before, I can forget quickly."

Warlock rubbed his hooves, physical strength was something he lacked. With only one hoof, and leg, plus no magic. He'd be defeated in an instance, he almost shivered at the idea. "Infamous?" He turned to her at that remark, smirking, letting out a scoff of amazement. "Oh my I built a reputation... I wonder if ponies would recognize me." He walked over to an old bookshelf, pulling out one of them, tossing it over to Athriel. "Catch, it has detailed maps of every location in Equestria. I keep it just for the fact of having it." He said, not noting the fact he memorized most of the locations already. "I could teleport you if it's too far." Her remark on him being infamous made him act a bit more collected, he walked over to a dust pedestal with a book stand on it, sitting at it, an spread open book on it. He picked up a feather pen, writing in it, it was a diary entry of what just happened earlier that day. It was also the last page of the book. He closed it once he wrote the date, setting it on the shelf. "Take your time to find it. There's hundreds of locations in there."

Iron Star waved his hooves around, trying to find something to cover his eyes with. "Misty, pass me a bandage or something, I want to cover my eyes so I won't freak him out when he wakes." She nodded, Iron Star not being able see her do so, but he felt her leave a bandage on his hoof. He wrapped it up in a bow behind his head. "Chow?" He looked to him, realizing he was awake as he heard him speak. "You know, I haven't caught wind of your age anyways. If you don't want to say that's fine." His ears turned around, waiting to catch wind of Chow's thoughts.

Misty giggled, making his hoof shake a bit. "You know you can hear thoughts right?" He looked to her. "Just asking will allow you to know." She didn't speak any of those words, in fact

He smirked, nodding. "Okay yeah that was what I was trying to do." He looked to Chow, who'd likely be confused. "And yeah I think getting on track is a good idea, but Astral wants us to be safe, since at this point she's the only one who can stop Warlock." Looking down, he sighed, his ears perking up as he remembered something. "Wait, dynamic duo? Misty is still here... Who would-" He tapped his chin. "Athriel and Warlock?" He turned his head, again not quite facing straight at Chow.

He froze a bit when he was saluted. Almost confused until he remember his soon to be general rank. "It is an honor." He nodded slightly to Dew. Nodding along as they spoke about what was going to happen. He had expected it to, but it was almost to nerve racking to be so close to being real. His wings fluttered a bit. "I'll need advice on how to be a general though. But I can listen to Screecher, shouldn't be too difficult." He said, looking to her. Then nodding, as Dew made his last remark. "Being lazy isn't exactly my strong suit."

@Blitz Boom

@Foxy Socks

Only half listening to the conversation around him about his Phoenix companion he continued to think about food and what he would like to eat. His eyes then lit up suddenly knowing exactly what he wanted. He then looked up at Foxy and smiled "I know what sounds good! A grilled cheese sandwich with some tomato soup!" he chirped cheerfully, his tail swishing from side to side eagerly at the though

• Brohoof 1

@Twilight-Shimmer @Blitz Boom

Foxy, who was quite nervous already, but was feeling a bit better, was quite confused when Amazon ran to hide behind a bench. Foxy gekkered, "Thank you miss, I'll go help her!" to Void, before running toward Amazon, who seemed to be scared of something.

"Amazon... What's wrong? Is something bothering you?" Foxy was a timid pony herself, and one that quite often chooses to flee from things, much like a fox herself. However, she is sympathetic toward others, sometimes to a fault, and if she can, she will try to help them. 

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

Still in his meditative pose, Sen scanned his memories for anything Legion might have successfully melded with his own. Legion possessed a wealth of memories that aren't his own but made his anyway, and Sen could remember the banquets and celebrations of others as if he was the one celebrating it; a memory that wasn't his but reliving it as if he was the heart of it. But some stood out more than others, the more obvious methods of transmission of thoughts and the results behind this. Part of Legions thought processes was made evident. 

"Simply being possessed is enough to begin the melding process. Victims begin losing their sense of identity while Legion's behavior takes over until it learns enough to start behaving like them before it took over. Legion calls it 'hegemonizing,' and all the memories of its victims are made its own but each one will first remember another's as if those were their own experiences. That's basic information as far as I can tell but I was actively resisting the melding process so I couldn't gather much. Lin would likely have more information since Legion's attempt was more successful with her."

Just in time, Lin stepped through a gate carrying a satchel overflowing with scrolls and on her back was a bound manuscript familiar to Sen. Every crease and crinkle around the edges and the musty smell brought back familiar moments echoing in Sen's mind and jogging it into remembering better, more vivid imagery of his childhood sitting under his family's treehouse and reading it. A copy of the codex. 

"Sorry I bailed without saying much but I remembered something that needed attending to." Lin enthusiastically replied. "I brought a little something for everyone. Old anecdotes on the study of magic for Sen, some scrolls for early reading for Omen and her siblings, and a special one for mother. It's a codex compiled by some of the brightest minds who graced our clan with their expertise. Some of it is mundane, things about cultivation of plants to personal defense techniques, and others ... well, Sen likes these. The musings, the things few would spend their waking lives thinking about but most would shrug off as a waste of time. Thoughts that could shape minds and give a picture of the world according to the authors." 

"Ponies would call this 'philosophy,'" Sen interjected. "Many pages of the codex talk about a single topic and expound on them in ways I couldn't imagine. I still don't understand it but maybe some of the authors might have an insight into Legion and the simulacrum. Maybe the ancestors knew something we don't."  

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Blitz Boom

Delicate?! I'm not the Spirit of Escalators you know!

Widdershins continues on unfazed or aware that the other members have left the area. As Briar heads back into the tent dismissively, the draconequus continues on as if he hadn't noticed.

So like most of those with shorter life spans, forever bent upon the crux of a momentary e-motion! But never you fear my children! For I have just the-   *bonk*

Continuing on without skipping pause, he addresses the sound behind him.

...and be careful with the antique Daing Dynasty End Table. That goes for, like, two-hundred & ten bitcoins on the Grey market.

Winding up for another dramatic movement similar to taking in a breath, had he had lungs, Widdershins continues on with his prose. Seemingly only to himself.

We, that is, have got this situation in the proverbial bag! Surely this is a social situation we can but prevail as my writer, clearly, has more experience in writing hypothetical situations than actually interacting with other existing beings!

Now Off we go to further expedite our adventures in misunderstanding!

... I said... off we go to...        For a moment, it appears as if Widdershins is standing alone in the middle of the empty lanes of tents, waiting for something to happen.

...I had intended that as a compliment of sorts.

Look now, I'm only going along with our-

And suddenly, Widdershins is cut off mid-sentence as his disapparates away, seemingly without his own control or any nearby witnesses.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@Blitz Boom & @~Phoenix~

- Plot!

Appearing without warning or any magical sound or effect, Widdershins suddenly is not much more then a yard away from Phoenix and Billowing Smoke. After a few surprised moments of blinking, he starts up again with as serious an expression as he can manage.

In regards to your exclamation, Billowing Bloke.

...and as a side note, really must get these names right. It'll be annoying if I keep getting them wrong!

...How am I to know as such, right? All I could tell in my glee of meeting newcomers was a mare that stood still until she dashed away like a cute little bunny! She didn't tell me of any discomfort. Surely you must know my confusion, right? A relationship is built upon setting up the proper boundaries, and stating them clearly... or so I'm told.

If I'm to be told I have trodden upon things I shouldn't, well, I must have, but I must also be told what not to trod?!

Really. I can't get that myself.

Widdershins slowly reclines back on his coil in thought.

Why bother keeping a secret, or anything for that matter, if you know it will harm you later on? Why not hit everybeing all the time with everything you have? The more secrets you hold, the more miserable you become.

Really...   What is a mare but a miserable pile of secrets?

(edited)

@Widdershins @Blitz Boom

Phoenix sighed and rolled her eyes as she heard the draconicuus appear behind her. she lifted up her head and sighed as she turned to face him. 

of course, with both her and Smokey leaving him alone, it wasn't going to be long before he came to find them. it seemed to Phoenix that he was the type that thrived when there was somepony around him to annoy. in any case, it seemed as though she needed to do something to make him understand

she slowly walked over to the draconicuus. her body language was very tense, and her eyes were staring him down with an intense glare. the curly ends of her mane began to float up and wave in a way that resembled flames. she got right up to the draconicus, their noses almost touching

she opened up her muzzle to speak, but her voice was eerily calm "i keep these secrets, because they remind me of an old life i'd rather leave behind. any reminder is simply torture. i know my situation and i certainly don't need the likes of you nosing into anything" she explained to him. 

if she weren't so concerned with the situation at hand, she might wonder why the hell someone would even be able to tell all of those details in the first place. is it possible that he had something to do with it? had he been watching her ever since? either way, it seemed like this vile creature was a threat to her. and if need be she would certainly deal with him in the manner she sees fit. 

her horn began to glow with a cyan aura, as if she was getting ready to defend herself. all of this prodding and probing from him certainly made her feel exposed, and vulnerable. such was a difficult thing to do. and it was only typically in situations like this that prompted such a response from her. 

Edited by ~Phoenix~
forgot the @
  • Brohoof 1