Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom @MaryxMelody @Maple Bat

Pinkie grinned happily as she greeted all of the new arrivals, absentmindedly giving the paper wolf a gentle swat as it attempted to eat the paper crane. "Hi there, nice to meet you um.." She picked up a piece of paper from... somewhere... and read it over, before folding it into a steak-shaped piece of paper and tossing it to the paper wolf in an attempt to distract it from the crane and satisfy it's little paper stomach. "Nice to meet you Mary!" The excitable pink pony exclaimed innocently, as the paper wolf began to consume chunks of the now steak-shaped script page. "I'm Pinkie Pie, but you can just call me Pinke, and these are my friends Anomaly and Maple." She introduced happily.

@Blitz Boom @Shineling @MaryxMelody

"Nice to meet you, Anomaly." she said "Names Maple." Even though pinkie had just said it she still felt like she had to introduce herself."

Ok so now I have their name She thought She's quite the character.

"Hey Pinkie you said something about the town being destroyed earlier, How did that happen" She asked her

(edited)

@Blitz Boom & possibly, also, maybe, I dunno, @Genessee & @Foxy Socks ?

"Uh... well, I suppose... I know Canterlot keeps tight regulations on those anti-magic... horn rings we use for special, big events."

Ambie's head sinks down to the table in a mood of resignation, his coat dimming a bit.His big eyes look back up at Happy Hour as if in confirmation.

"I... uhh... well, kind of looks like they have already alot to deal with... I, uh, wouldn't want to, uh, be much of a bother or anything... uhm..."

After a moment of looking at his compatriot and coming to the conclusion that this might not be the sort of being one repeatedly asks the same question to stall for, Ambie reluctantly heaves out of his seat to walk over to the larger group. He stops some three to four yards away, far enough for most of those involved to not pay immediate attention to him and occasionally & bashfully raising a hoof in silence in aborted attempts to interject into the conversation. Embarrassed & cautious, his coat seems to slowly alternate between bands of red-pink & white while his eyes dart around those involved, flinching when he has to consider Anomaly. On occasion his head flits back to Happy, as if to once again ask if this really needs to happen. Its clear he's not going to jump in anytime soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@dragon4111 & Blitz Boom

Kozaky slowly begins to wake back up, draped across the large pegasus from the spa. Taking his time to blearily & reluctantly come back to attention, he ignores most of his surroundings until they are in front of Ancalagon again. After everybeing else gets done talking for the time being, there's a long pause as Kozaky stares blankly at his Master before he's aware of his situation.

"...Uh... I've, uh, I've brought that alicorn that you mentioned, Sir Master Dragon Sir!"

The batpony hastily responds, slinging his hoofs around the thick neck of the pony carrying him, hoping that his Master knows little more than him of what the being he was sent to find looks like.  [OOC: you know, he's also called Snowflake. So he technically has two cannonical names?]

##############################################################

For B.B and the @~Phoenix~

Having dived slowly past Phoenix to get closer to Smokey so they could talk, Widdershins stands between Smokey and the Bandit and the previously brooding orange mare. He responds back to the stallion for the time being.

You've dealt in the Grey Market, have you? Didn't think you had that in you! Here I thought they only dealt in selling off corpses of aliens! Geeet iit?

But so long as you aren't in the White Market, I suppose. Big government-backed underhanded dealings, them, there's a reason almost nobeing brings up the "White Market."

Buuuuut seems we have bigger wurms to fry now!  

The draconequus gestures towards Phoenix who is now charging up & sending out her attack. While her focus is as scattered as her attack, almost all of her sporadic bolts seem to be involuntarily, through no seeming intervention from Widdershins himself, redirected towards the draconequus, even those having been unintentionally headed towards Smokey's face or in no where near the direction of the self-professed wurm. As each of the fiery balls zips towards Widdershins as if suddenly caught by a string, they appear to stop a few inches around him, spreading out and quickly spin around him into a seemingly protective bubble around him. Unconcerned about the sudden severity of the situation, Widdershins continues to quip.

Hah, that's the thing about firemages, you know! They're such hotheads! Regular fiery tempers, these ones, eh?  *poof, piff, sizzle*

You ever know a lass named Chandra, Smokey? No? Too bad, fire mages can be some real scorchers, I tell ya what! Eh?!   *piff, sizzle*

Suppose that makes sense though, eh? Where there's Smokey... There's fire... mages! Eh? You get what i'm... you know, I'm really not liking the looks of this now.

As the flame barrage collects around Widdershins into an oblong bubble the fire magic begins to spin faster around him, gradually obscuring more of him from the ponies' sight. He attempts to explain over the crackling fire around him.

Well, you, uh, now you see, uh, here, I, uh, have this bad luck with magic you know. Tends to go haywire around me. Something about bad chaos magic or something, I dunno. Point is, at this point, I haven't really a clue what's about to happen. Let's...just give it a minute here, and see what's to become of our... Bad Aim.

A few minutes pass to provide each of the two present ponies enough time to perceive the potential problem. It seems the fire wall is stable for the moment as it gradually encompasses Widdershins.

Very slowly... what sounds like a plunky country band kicks up with Widdershins's voice coming through the now fully obscuring, spinning fire.

{OOC: Taking a page out of Dragon411's book here!}

Firebolts now spin out of the ball of fire, in even wider & farther a range than Phoenix had originally intended. Some firing out over the tents or town or into the forest behind them, flying off at random like a dropped box of superballs. The only rhythm they seem to follow is punctuated by the beat of the song the draconequus is singing.

"Cause I've gotta bran' new Combine Harvester, an' ah'll give yeh the key!    *Pissh, Pow, Pow!*

C'mon now let's get together in perfect Har-mo-ny!                                           *Pow, Pow, Pissh, Pow!*

I've got tweeenty acres...                                                                                 *Pow, Pissh!*

...you've got forty-threee!                                                               *Pissh, Pow!*

NOW I've gotta bran' new Combine Harvester!                                                 *Pow, Pissh, Pow!*

As the flames die out, the wall falls to a final:  ...and I'll give you the key...    Leaving behind the charred remains of the draconequus, looking so much like an ashen, full tree log burned out in a forest fire.

Edited by Widdershins
Once again, Mentions failing.

@Blitz Boom @Holiday Agnaktor

Summer woke up to discover she was in a cave, on some kind of soft moss, curled up into a little ball. She was quite desoriented at first but then the memories of the previous day slowly returned. She opened her eyes and noticed that the others weren't around, as she looked up she was blue and Lyriel sitting at the cave entrance and frosty and nerzhei were nowhere to be seen, they were probably doing something. 

summer got up and yawned, Blue and Lyriel seemed to be talking about something but she didn't know about what. Because she didn't want to seem like she was evesdropping them, she walked up to them and tapped Blue on her shoulder "good morning Blue!" she said happily, then she looked at Lyriel "good morning to you too" she added. "did you both have a good night? also, where are frosty and nerzhei?"

On 2017-5-12 at 11:40 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"If I am to be punished for ruining this creation you call a firework, then I will accept that. The ones in the box are merely covered, not destroyed though, if I may correct you slightly.

And I am aware that perhaps it is not the best thing to do to interfere with things such as this, but my people... My, *former* people, believed that the earth mother wished for us to protect those around us, and though they have forgotten what that means, I don't, and I wish to make as little harm as possible come to those around here, unless it is part of the natural cycle. The fireworks may well have hurt somepony if you had aimed it at the sky after the guard asked us to not use it, in case one of your kind flew above us, and I would rather take scorn than letting that happen.

It is one of the things I like about you ponies. Generally speaking, you do seem to value life, and being well to one another, rather than fight and talk behind others backs constantly. It reminds me of better times."

How long had it been since she had even had a good comparison to the good days? Three years? That sounded about right, though it in fairness, those had not just been reminding days, but the actual, pleasant times before her people became heretics and brutes. Since she had escaped that, this place were the only one that made her feel good about things once more, even if she hadn't technically been into town yet. She got most of her information on how it were through the animals.

"I still don't understand though, why it is that you wish to infect others? If it is not akin to a rite of passage among the equine races, then what is the motivation for such a thing?"

Blood Drops grinned, "Because then every pony would be safe if I infect them" she remarked, I also like biting other ponies. She smirked deciding to bite the big tree. She grabbed the branch and bit on it and frowned, wood couldn't be infected and it didn't taste to nice either. She then snorted and trotted off going to find something that might be easier to infect. She found a small cluster of bunnies to infect, and also eat.

She then trotted back to the tree fully fed, she then could sleep on the tree. "I infect others because I can. That is my purpose" she remarked.

(edited)

@Lloyd

"A simple matter of distance and timing. Getting only close when needed and stay at bay when the portal showed. It ended up eating away at the illusions, but that is a trivial price to pay. And as long as it is in the bag, it cannot feast further."

The bag had been specially made some years after the crown and necklace to contain what power they had safely, and fortunately, once she had found this, the previous owner also had said pouch. It simplified things when she did and didn't need it.

As for the crown and that one's container... She would see when she found it one day. She had heard some rumors and eventually found a possible trail of buyers over the past few centuries, but so far she hadn't found a current owner, as it took time to sift through the lies and get to the real path.

Usually that wasn't such a huge problem, but when something hadn't been seen in either the grey or black markets for the past seventy years, it started to get complicated, with the most common irritating scenarios being the current owner were hiding it until he could get the necklace, that he were dead and it had been lost into some unknowing smuck's addict, or that it had been lost via an accident. Shipwrecks were the most common, but not exclusively that.

But enough about that. They had things to do and powerful beings to track down.

Waving the others inside, Scarcity would seal up the portal once they had passed with the key she had used before, cementing that there were only one way in and out, and the path to them had been closed.

"Watch your step in here. Some of the wards are rather sensitive from touch, and I have little reason to see you being tossed around in a chain.

And don't bother attempting to teleport. This place have been warded against detection, teleportation and tracking in general several times over. Without me, nothing comes in, and nothing comes out."

=====================

@Lloyd

"All four escaped via teleportation. The one with missing limbs first, then the filly, and at last the stallion and mare. It is unknown if they are in the same location.

As for preparing for them all over the country, that is what the plans entail. After Canterlot have started getting swiped for them, we will deploy the stealth and infiltrating units to work outside the pattern of the obvious guards, in case they move around to adjust to the search. This along with the added units in the palace will ensure we are searched thoroughly, at which point the heightened alert among the guards will keep it in checks if anything suspicious happens.

As for the rest of the country, if we coordinate well with the guard's messengers and get the assistance of Tidal wave, we should have every law enforcement and bounty hunter in the entire country aware and searching within nine hours. Three if we make use of the teleportation scroll network, however we need a signed permission from Ambassador Golden Night in the princesses absence. I have already given word to the guards to send him here when he returns from his errand with the changeling diplomats.

The Solar Guards are Canterlot's main line of defense Iron Wings, which means your orders to them about defensing the capital will be vital. So if you have suggestions on how better to distribute both them and my guards, now will be the time to say so. We can't delay action for much longer unless we want the witches to be ahead."

Though he was new to the job, Screecher trusted that he had some degree of idea on how to do it, which would include potentially better ways of defense than she had laid out for him.

Granted, her papers had been made along with Dew, which made then cover a good deal of things, but only a fool would think themselves infallible. There were always the chance that one who had patrolled the town for some years would have contesting ideas, and now that said soldier had risen to general, those had to be taken into consideration as well.

Relying on one another and hearing the other out were an important thing to get across to Iron Wings as well from the start, to avoid them ending up where the guards had years before she even joined the Night Guard.

The individualism and conflicting tactics had left the guards fighting themselves more often than not when it came to getting the job done, and it wasn't until Morning Dew - then newly appointed general - forced the former Night Guard leader to sit down and get eachother on the same page that it changed. Something which Screecher continued to strengthen when she took over,  which had proven invaluable once Princess Luna had returned.

If Iron Wings could keep this going was not a question for her. She knew that Dew would have never chosen a new general who would set them back nearly fifty years, yet she would still have to monitor him, and and show that she were not dismissing his input, just to be certain.

As for whatever or not the new general knew of Tidal Wave... Well, if he didn't know of the passionate Coast Guard general, he would soon enough. Seeing as how things were right now, they would need to coordinate with the mare, though for his sake he better hope that he were not her type.

Back when Dew had first met her and she didn't know how old he actually were, or that he were married, she had been rather infatuated with him, and she would hope that Iron Wings would not have to go through the same thing.

========================

@Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich

"Awh, I had hoped for something cooler than rain clouds. Though that your magic smell is still clinging to me is kinda fun. Makes it stand out so you can tell the difference between me and the other pegasi."

Ziggy grinned, knowing full well that she could be smelling exactly like any other pegasi or zebra, and still stand out like a puppy on a table. Towering over others and looking like a ponyfied peppermint lollipop tended to do that.

"Moonlight sounds mysterious when you say it smells like lightning. WoOoOo.

Hehe, that aside, I'm sort of curious: what's the weirdest one you've smelled before? Excluding Twilight. She sounds like too easy an answer with all the weird stuff she does."

=====================

@Dji

"Awh, well that's a shame. But as long as you're happy about your lifestyle that's all that matters.

And as for the chili... On one hoof, I'm tempted to go head to hoof with you in seeing who can down this first, but on the other hoof, I'd like to just enjoy it rather than scorch myself to get done first.

How about we start by just trying it for a bit, then we can compete later on if you want it?"

"Excuse me? I'm sorry for interrupting, but you didn't need to drop these miss. The food is free until the town is rebuild. Courtesy of Mayor Mare."

The mare that had interrupted them dropped off the bits that Dawn had paid with a smile, then went back to her own table again. Her name eluded Pop right now, but she knew the mare worked for the mayor. Her secretary, far as she knew.

"Well that was nice of her. Sorry for not telling you it was free before though. I sort of figured everypony who got here knew that, but thankfully it worked okay in the end. Now, let's see what this chili is like."

Taking a good sized spoonful, Pop chomped down and let the chili rest on her tongue for a moment to soak in the taste- at which point she almost fell down.

The chili was a good deal stronger than she had expected, and it took several gulps of milk after she had sent the concoction down her throat before she felt like her muzzle was less on fire.

"Holy macaroni, that stuff is not meant to be taken in huge spoonfuls by me at least. That felt worse than the time a dragon accidentally breathed hot smoke into my muzzle when he kissed me."

Pop dried the sweat off her forehead and looked over at Dawn, wondering how she were taking the chili, before she recalled just what she had compared this with.

"Uhm, try to forget that last part. Benny doesn't like it when I share that little story about his accident. So a-anyway, how's the chili?"

What could she say? Not everypony hated dragons.

======================

@WiiGuy2014

"Why of course I will. Helping those in need are the Equestrian way, and let it not be said that Alonsus doesn't agree. Whatever it shall take Will, we will find your answers."

A smart pony wouldn't have been so okay about meeting an unknown pony in the Everfree Forest, claiming to have no memory and asking for help. A smart one would see this as being suspiciously changeling-like in nature, even if in this case, it wasn't. There should still have been at least a passing concern.

Yet with all that had happened yesterday, which they had all gotten out of alive, Alonsus' already substantial confidence had rocketed. Especially since he had not even gotten harmed himself, whilst still helping others out of town. That sort of thing under a horrid attack really did fuel his ego, which for a lot that knew him, made him insufferable to be around for any length of time.

Sure, he had a few friends who had gotten used to it, and most knew that he were not intentionally trying to be annoying, but even if he wasn't doing that or inflating his ego in a way that made him feel superior to others, they still preferred him to take a long walk, and get it out of his system.

"Can you remember anything before waking up here? Perhaps if we find where you came from, we can ask around there and see if anypony knows why you were headed out. I shall accompany you without hesitation if it is. Answer must be possible to find."

Or roughly translated from what he actually meant as he confidently wandered the path towards Ponyville alongside Will: He had a few weeks off at work and did poorly with sitting still. Better to help than wait around rolling his hooves.

=======================

@Foxy Socks @Twilight-Shimmer

"I know it's that thing. After what it di-"

"Hey, calling somepony a thing isn't nice. I'm Anomaly, and I'm a she, not an it."

Amazon scurried backwards as the bench started to grow a face and talked to her, with the voice of the monster. I am not a monster! Bad monkey man, go to your cage. I don't have a ca-*snap* Yes you do. Go in there now, bad man.

"Stupid human thing... Anyway, I thought I told you back then? It was an accident. I just wanted to talk to the little foalsies and then you startled me. I don't get why you're so mopey about things really. I put you back together again, didn't I?"

"You t-tore me apart, then put me back together like you were blind. You have any idea what I went through to be able to function again?"

"Nope, no idea. But fine fine, I did bad. Here, I'll fix the scars and everything is better, okay?"

"Nooooo!"

It was too late though. With a snap of her tail, Anomaly used her magic on amazon once more, though this time fixing her up like nothing had ever happened. Guess it was easier to mend than trying to put the puzzle back together as she did back then.

Hey, I told you to get into the cage. Now go, or I'll turn you into a delicious shrimp.

O-Okay, calm down, I'll go. Why don't you try to speak with Foxy Socks in the meantime then? You know, whilst Amazon is covering in fear.

Okay, I'll do that. Wondering about this one too anyway.

"Hi there fox pony! How are you doing? And what're you doing with scaredy cat here? Are you her marefriend? Hehe."

========================

@genessee

Null visibly hissed in disgusted anger when Lance mentioned changelings roaming around this are a lot.

"I don't care how helpful some of them were yesterday,changelings are still nothing but trouble, and having too many of them just means they're gathering their forces. Bet it's to try and make a new hive right under your noses."

She were very paranoid when it came to Changelings after their experience in the hive those years back. The things they had gone through and had to do to get out of there again... It left scars on her mind, and seeing one good deed by some of the bugs were not enough to convince her of anything. It was only enough for her to not hunt them down. Yet.

"Even dragons are better than them. They're just jerks and sometimes play around with trying to set you on fire, whilst the love-eaters are parasites, or freaks like the one Void exposed. Never met a good one of them in my life, and I doubt I ever will."

Edited by Blitz Boom
Added colors.
  • Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom @Seamore Sandwich "Excepting Alicorns, but sticking with Ponies I'd say Captain Armor when he was Celestia's Captain of the Guard. He smelled like Cadence, ALOT plus his Unicorn magic smelled like cold iron" Serenade tapped her hoof, "non-ponies, there are several species in the deep ocean that I could smell when I was in the bay and I got a runny nose for weeks. Mom had to cover and say I got a cold....in the middle of the Summer"

@Blitz Boom @Twilight-Shimmer

Foxy had jumped when Anomaly suddenly appeared."U...Um...He- hello. My name is Foxy Socks..." Foxy watched as Anomaly suddenly changed Amazon back to what she was two weeks ago, not that Foxy knew who she was then.

"Oh, we just decided to find something to eat, and she suddenly got scared when she saw you. I hope you don't mind, but she obviously had a bad experience with you. Do you mind telling me what happened more in detail?" Foxy was not going to let anypony harm her friends, but she wanted to make sure of what really happened. Becoming angry would not be appropriate in time like this; Foxy hoped Amazon would understand. She needed to build things up and decide the best action from there. 

"Did you really harm Amazon?"

@Lloyd

Well wasn't this just great? Middle of him saying that he was still a young chap, but not as young as Astral, she popped into the room, heard the number, and fainted like a lil' sheep. What could make this any worse?

Oh here it was. Her tapping him on the chest on her way outta the room, saying that she had a lot of things to think about that included a lot of him. Life sure wasn't giving Chow any small punches right now, that was for sure. Though at least she left the room along with Misty soon after, so there were that at least. Made it easier to sit here with his thought. Yep, just him and Astral's... Father, who were... Omnipotent...

Well played life. Well played indeed.

Still, if they were stuck together here anyway and the geezer were potentially scanning his thoughts anyway - Chow wasn't a hundred percent sure about what omnipotent covered - he might as well just get something off his chest. not like Iron wouldn't find it himself anyway, far as he knew at least.

"Look, I ain't one for opening up too much, but... Awh what the heck? Might as well just spit it out. Likely better I come clean here than you finding out later.

See, I like the girls, I do, but I can't say I've been honest to them. Far as they know, I messed around with some blood magic and accidentally got this Athriel thing stuck in my skull, then had to leave home and just roam the lands trying to save up enough to return home. Thing is... It ain't exactly covering the truth.

I never knew Athriel, but it wasn't an accident. I fell over some books with blood magic and figured that if any magic could turn me into the griffon I've always felt like I were, it'd be that. Required a strong source though, or you now, a sacrifice. So I kinda broke into one of the most sacred places in Griffinstone and stole a bauble that held a powerful blood mage. I figured I had read the book right so that I could drain the magic, fuel the spell, and the spirit would still be in there. And hey, worst case swcenario, surely the creature wasn't all that bad, right?

But I messed it up. instead of getting drained, she got free and tried to use me as a vessel. Hurt quite a few of my townsfolk while that went on before they got me contained. They were discussing what to do with me when an old acquaintance came around and locked in there instead. I still owe him a lot of favors for that, and he ain't gonna be happy hearing about this."

Giddon were a scary griffon when he wanted to be, and hearing that this presence were out... That was gonna be a beating for the story books.

"Anyway, the council might've not known what the whole bauble thing were anymore, but I had still caused a lot of trouble, broken into a sacred place and done some pretty nasty blasphemy by meddling with blood magic.

They gave me a choice out of the court. I'd either challenge them in a formal hearing - which they didn't want as that'd expose the town about this and they wanted to keep it down - or I could accept my likely exile, and in return, this wasn't gonna go further. Meaning my parents were gonna be kept safe and out of things, the story would go that I had a breakdown from the thin air and being isolated from other ponies for too long, which is why I went around and caused all of those folks to get hurt, and that I left to gather myself until it was safe again.

Truth be told... I haven't done well with it. I play it off, goof along and grin, but quite frankly, I've been a wreck for years, and I just gather up money in case I ever find somepony who's able to work some serious transformation mojo, since I don't think that sort comes cheap. Being among ponies when I got raised as a griffons aren't easy. You folks don't act like them, and quite frankly, I feel more isolated and out of place here 'round my own kind than I ever did in Griffinstone.

I've told the girls that I did feel alone mostly, but it's been pretty crushing really. Heck, they're the first actual friends I've made since Giddon, and he beats me up if I use that word.

I don't wanna botch this, which is why I'm keeping some things back here. I don't want 'em thinking I'm some kind of monster, even if I messed around with some pretty dark stuff and got a lot of my townsmen hurt because of it. As well as a few during the years since... Well, it ain't always easy to keep her down, despite what I've been telling 'em.

Anyway, I figure that with the whole *omnipotent* thing you'd find out about this sooner or later, so I might as well put it to you right on. If you think it ain't safe for your girls to be 'round somepony who've gone down this, in case I repeat the past in my desperate attempt to become a griffon and return home under a new alias, I won't blame you. I don't wanna harm 'em though, I wanna help. I give my word on that, for what it's worth.

As for Astral... I got a lot of thinking to do there, but we got a few psychos out there to handle first, so it'll have to wait. Hopefully when the dust settles, I'll be able to have a calm talk with her about this crush of hers.

Heh, you know, that last part really is uncomfortable to say 'round you."

All of this were said before he'd hear and see Astral and Misty, though they might've stayed out of reach and heard some things on the way here. He wouldn't know until he saw 'em, but there would still be a bit of time for Iron to answer things before they showed up if he wanted to. Or slap Chow silly for being a sissy and tell him to grow a spine. Hard to say with this stallion.

When the two others would join 'em eventually though, Chow spun on his axle and met them with another big grin, looking eager to get bashing. Sounded like she were fit for fight too, though things were still weighing on her mind about the crush it seemed.

Getting a location about where Athriel and Warlock were though, he were starting to say *Don't hold back then, send us off.* when Astral started to speak at the same time and the two words got spoken out in sync, which made them both burst into a small laughter. A mighty silly thing, but what the heck? It was kinda funny to have happen, especially as her sentence when spoken after wasn't going the same way as his had been.

Giving her a small, friendly punch/poke on her shoulder, Chow stopped his chuckling and went back to just going off with a grin.

"Crushed on and slammed into the friend-zone. And here I thought I was a pony, not a hockey puck.

He, no worries though, really. I won't treat you any different from before. You're still my very own crazy lil' witch mare, adventuring along with her smarter sidekick in a half-shell, and some wonky pet-lover in tow. Smack a ghost in it and we have ourselves a jolly lil' mystery gang."

=====================================================================

@Lloyd

Getting teleported to the town, Athriel were looking forward to - as Warlock put it - cause some havoc in town. it had been far too long since she had the chance to really have some fun like that. Which just made it an even harder blow when they showed up and it turned out they stood in a ghost town.

"How typical. We're out of commission for a few centuries, and the town gets destroyed. Peh, we'll find another place to make them fear us later. For now, come on, we're close."

Leading them through the ruins of a town that looked like it got seriously pummeled by waves less than 50 years ago, Athriel guided him towards the water where the clear water were the only thing waiting for them. Though despite this lack of an apparent temple, as she had promised, she did seem rather confident and pleased about things.

"This will have been a while too. More annoying without gills, but I can improvise. You should too Warlock, since if you want to go to the temple, we need to go deep. Couldn't have it be in an easily accessible temple after all, or some smuck would have found it ages ago."

Putting her claws to her own throat, Athriel squeezed hard, and after a minute of a mixture of wheezing and groans of discomfort over the way she were using her magic, she let go, revealing a pair of fresh gills on each side of her neck. Considering how she were wheezing after actual air now though, it seemed she had gone with an *alll or nothing* approach,a nd were now suffocating because of a lack of water.

It was a curse of having her magic so limited after all of these years, combined with how much she had lost when they trapped her to begin with. Back in the day, she would have just added a pair of gills like these with barely a thought, and she would have breathed well both under and over water. But now? No, all she could do now was to chose between air or water, and right now she needed to be down there. Which were why she threw herself into the waves shortly after, and waited on Warlock beneath the surface.

The lucky spell focus of a pony had likely something else up his sleeve, like a magical bubble or something, but what else to expect from a being this far up in the ranks of magic? Even without his elements, he were powerful enough to do plenty. And as soon as he got any of them... Well, hopefully he would consider her an asset, and not a hindrance at that point.

=========================================================================

@dragon4111

Nerzhei thought on what Ancalagon were saying for a few seconds, thinking on what she should and more importantly, shouldn't focus on, where the most important no zone in her mind were to ask about his dead friends. No need to take risks.

Mentioning more of the old nation didn't hold any meaning either. She had a name now, she knew it had been real, and as for halflings, she had depictions of those in her book, so she knew that too. Sure, there were some inconsistencies, and she were sure that Ancalagon were downplaying exactly how the relation between the dragons and ponies were back then, as what she had seen did not look like a dragon-ruled society where they just acted as guardians as much as a shared kingdom, but those were the sort of things she would eventually find out more about on her own.

That left simply one thing, which were the mention of the new dragon lord, which were not much, but considering how Ancalagon seemed to not know the old one had been replaced, it seemed something worth mentioning.

"The dragons were called recently to compete for the throne. After the competition were over, the former dragon lord's daughter, Ember, rose as the new dragon lord. Something which have not rubbed everyone too well, mainly because they are not keen on taking orders from a - in their words - *Scrawny brat who doesn't have the guts to wage war*. A good chunk seemed to have wanted one of the idiots to succeed that would have voided the somewhat strained dragon-pony relations, and put our people into a fight we would eventually end up loosing.

We aren't as plentiful as we once were, and the ponies have proven resilient in handling major threats. The odds would not be good for our kind, which she at least understands. Still, I believe she could use the advise of someone older and wiser to try and guide her in moving forward with improving dragon land and keep more true to our roots. Heck, any kinds of politics could do wonders. The more they remove themselves from the other races, the worse it's just going to get when something eventually starts to go wrong.

Still, this is just my opinion on things Lord Ancalagon."

More she didn't get to say before the ponies with the jester/crazy pony showed up over them and Kozaky rattled back to life, wrapped himself around some bulky pony's neck - seriously, she didn't think ponies could be build like that - and tried to sell him off as being an alicorn... Not much sense going on in that skull, which the smaller pony seemed to agree on as he started to chuckle slightly and pat the confused, huge pegasi that were Bulk Biceps (better name than Snowflake) who currently looked pretty confused about things.

"An alicorn? You flatter him, but I am afraid he's not. The one he came looking for were Lord Senvious, and I'm afraid that he left a while ago. Said something about taking home, though I am not sure where that is.

In any case, after your uhm... Companion here knocked himself out on the table, we thought we'd deliver him to you, along with that message. I didn't think he'd wake up this soon though to be honest. Looked rather nasty back there."

Bubble Burst were talking calmly and with as much customer service in his mind as possible, but his heart was racing along from being this close to what seemed like rather powerful dragons. The one in robes were not as scary really, but the other one sure had that vibe of *scary* over him.

============================================================

@EQ_Theta

"...It is better to be dead than a part of that thing. I know I said this in anger before, but I stand by the sentiment, though I pray to Mortimer himself that I never have to go through with that. Killing my children, even for their own sake, is a horrible thought."

Yet it were something that she had to think about often. Her children went to many worlds that each had several things that could happen to them, most noticeably a complete body corruption, like had been happening with Sen before he got half-fixed. In those cases, or when a malevolent entity had a hold that could not be released, she would have to make the decision that would cause her children the least amount of pain, even if the thought itself made her heart feel like it was being squeezed to a small pulp.

"I wish that I could tell you to just stay out of this and move along, perhaps hide you on the other side of what planet you reside on, but sadly, Lin is right. Something needs to be done, or this will simply spread and devour not just your world, but also others. If it gains enough power, it might start to be able to break through from this world into some of the others my children are in, and that is a calamity that might end up with Mortimer having to take action."

Mother actually flinched as she mentioned this possibility. Whoever this Mortimer were, it seemed to be a being that would be able to do some untold damages to both her and likely this place too, as it were tied to her after all.

"If you can get hold of this center of energy that you mention and bring it back here, I can assist in destroying it, and I can keep any Legion pieces out of my realm by tossing the ones they send into volcanoes or something similar, but beyond that I don't think I am of much help. As you said, the next time, I will not be able to save your bodies. Birthing new siblings and cleansing you the last time have drained me, and i require plenty of time to replenish my energy. If this happens again, the best I can do is harvest your souls, and that is something I don't think should happen for a long, long time yet.

I beg of you all to try and stay safe, and that if you run into pieces of Legion or this bauble in particular, that you hand it to Omen. She seems resilient to their possession attempts, and should be able to handle things more safely. You know what else to do, right my daughter?"

"Send Legion here, protect friends from evil things?"

"More or less. Just remember to please be more plentiful with the gates. Do not take chances until this is over. And Lin, I do see that you are good at making portals. In my ways, you are stronger than Omen at that, as she cannot open any within my room, but she is still faster and can summon a far greater quantity. Please, let her protect both you and Sen.

But many warnings will lead to nowhere new. If there is nothing else, you should be on your way my children, before Legion haves a chance to further things too far. I will read over these papers that you gave me, in case what you said about there perhaps being information there turns out to be true. If I find anything, I will send word through Omen, okay?"

Mother smiled at the three, but you could clearly see the worry in her eyes from essentially sending her children out to fight a war now, in a place where she couldn't protect them. She couldn't leave this place, and in times like this, that concerned her to no end, and likely would until Legion had finally been dealt with.

Now it was just hoping that it would be Sen, Lin and Omen that would deal with them, and not Mortimer.

================================================================

@Seamore Sandwich

Great, so she had to keep up with this sugarcoated behavior, rather than just smack Xeno until his brain would be rocked in place.

It might seem insensitive of her, but this place had not left her in a good mood. It had assaulted her with feelings and memories she did not wish to resurface, and now they were trapped here with a crying foal of a changeling, who couldn't face himself. Might be that was a hard thing sometimes, and she should be more supportive, but come on, there had to be a limit. Besides, she wasn't a shrink, she didn't know how to juggle his head right here. The only ones she were used to console were the dead, and that usually didn't translate well to the living from what she had found out via personal experience.

*sigh* Better just get it over with she supposed. What else could be brought up...

"I know it can be hard to face your fears alone doctor, and that memories can be painful and tear into you, but the only thing you get done by hiding from them here is to constantly live in fear of them. You can't run away, and until you have faced them, you will be caught here, forever pained by your own fear.

Besides, you are not facing this alone. Charlie and I came here for you, and we will help you face this alongside you. Please get to your hooves, and seek strength from us if you can't find it in yourself. We won't let you down."

============================================================

@Seamore Sandwich

A false coin? Surely she were jesting.

Scarcity took hold of the one that Penny had pointed out and swirled it around, taking in the details before letting it stand still in the air and get a brief, hateful look in her eyes that seemed like they could bore a hole through the coin before she softened up again. She hadn't taken notice in having done this herself, but that wasn't important for her even if she did. This forgery were.

"A moment dear."

With that she put the coin down and started to use her magic to loat the plentiful coins on the box into the air, sifting through them and looking for both the imperfections she knew of, and one that Penny had mentioned that she hadn't seen before, with the gold touching the crystal.

After having scrutinized the ones in there, she put back the lot of them except for three coins. One to replace the false one in front of Penny, so that their transaction were done with - she had also checked the remaining two coins on the table before this, just to make sure, and they were real - another to put in her elegant saddlebag as she were getting the impression she were going to need this eventually, even if it were only for comparison, and then the kicker: Another false coin that had been near the bottom of the pile.

"Two coins, not closely by, in a substantial transaction like this signals that the likelihood of these being in circulation is substantial, which is going to be a huge problem for the high end market here in town if it keeps going. Brick, return the crate to the store, inform Mrs. Pennyworth that she needs to examine her coffers, and then meet us at the guard station. It seems we have a long day ahead of us.

And if she asks when we found out, tell her that I were preparing the coins for the purchase of a Vulpine Vase from Neighpon. She knows how expensive the authentic ones are."

Brick nodded, closed the box and got on his way without complaint. The one who would complain were going to be Mrs. Pennyworth over having to hear this message from him rather than Scarcity herself, but quite frankly, this was not a concern. The old hag would hear messages from where Scarcity saw fit, or live with the uncertainty.

"Now then Penny, as you said, it is likely for the better that we travel to the guards with this. We shall say that we found this out when I bought the chocolates from you earlier, as you suggested, and then take it from there. Though we should likely not linger here for long. Something like this is best to get to light sooner rather than later."

What Scarcity didn't tell Penny were that whilst she had never personally met the being that were the mastermind behind these forgeries, and didn't even know any name associated with it or them, she were aware of this/those counterfeiter(s). Their kind were lowlife scum in her circles of the black market, as the only thing they tended to be able to trust in that business were money, and when somepony messed with that, action had to be taken before the paranoia ruined most transactions. it wasn't a rule, but it was the closest thing to a *code* most of the more violent sorts in those circles had. barbarians in her mind, but sadly, barbarians with valuable items sometimes.

She didn't know whatever this one had done any dealings in the black market before, though there were likely the sort willing to pay well for some false coins out there in the lower ranks of the circuit that might have some information. She would have to send out some messages and warnings when she knew a bit more, though one thing at a time.

=============================================

@Midnight_Aurora

Belladonna didn't even react as she heard the pony mumble. It was a sign of life, yes, but so had the weak pulse been, and she had other, more important things to think about than that.

About halfway to the hospital, a few doctors came rushing at her with a gurney floating between them for the patient.

"We came as fast as we could. Can you tell us what happened?"

"He collapsed after entering the town, seems unresponsive to physical or magical interference currently, and haves a low pulse. Magical and/or physical exhaustion should be checked along with your regular exams."

"Have he said anything?"

"One minute, fifteen seconds ago. Low mumble, nothing special."

It were a brief rundown of things whilst they transported Cosmic to the gurney, then moved as fast as they safely could back towards the hospital, got him into a bed, and began their exams.

As for Scarcity, she calmly set the bench back to where it had been before and started to walk towards the hospital. Considering the average length of a general exam and the fact that Cosmic were likely going to go into treatment soon for what were ailing him, she would have somewhere between a half and one and a half hour to go with here. No need for her to rush.

====================================================

@MaryxMelody @Maple Bat @Shineling

Whilst Anomaly had been off chatting with Amazon and Foxy, that didn't mean that she wasn't also present here and listening to what Pinkie and friends were saying. She just had to split her focus a bit, which wasn't so hard as she didn't need to speak a lot on this side whilst she were going through things with Amazon, and when it were her time to say something, she had a small pause over at them. All in all, not too shabby.

She did do something whilst the talking went on though, which were to focus on the paper wolf just as it were gnawing down on the paper steak, which turned it into a small butterfly. The butterfly still nibbled at the steak, but eh, looked prettier now.

"Awh, nopony want to try my pumpkin juice. It's like they think it's toxic or something, though I'm pretty sure it's not."

Anomaly licked a few drops of the juice from the cup before shrugging.

"Nope, I got it right this time. Anypony else wanna try? Pinkie? Other ponies? I can make more cups if it is. My head's full of deliciousness."

After a few seconds of giggling, she realized something though: Maple had given her a compliment: She said she were strong, which were something good far as she knew, right? Well, unless it was done whilst she were screaming, but that wasn't the case here, so yey!

"Oh hey, thanks Maple! I can do all sorts of fun things as a draconequus/construct thingie. It's kinda hard to create stuff sometimes when I apparently came from the sort of spirit that liked to destroy things, but it goes sort of well. Most of the times.

Hey, Mary, wanna try something fun? Take one of the flowers from my neck and blow it at Maple or Pinkie and see what happens. It'll be fun!"

The last sentence were said by a small bird that just seemed to suddenly be there on Mary's shoulder, and whispering into her ear. Apparently, Anomaly wanted to have fun and figured the mare might wanna join in on it.

If one of the flowers growing around her neck were plucked and blown at somepony, whoever it hit were going to perhaps be a tiny bit scared when the plant stuck on them and started to grow rapidly around them, but it was harmless. It would just end in a bird cage, with a little wing, and the plant haven given whoever it had hit a plant beak and some false wings. Purely cosmetic, nothing actually transformative, and at least in Anomaly's eyes, highly entertaining.

@Widdershins @Shineling

Whilst Ambie wasn't looking, Happy were rolling his eyes at the pony and his antics. For a changeling he sure were a reluctant lil' thing, and quite frankly, if he had to just sit here and wait for him to grow a spine, then he might as well grab a slab of granite and chisel in *Here lies Happy Hour. Dead of old age.*

Still, getting up might be a bad idea right now, as it seemed like most ponies had gone into a blissful state of not looking at him and pretending he was just a strange rock or something, and him moving around would end this little facade they had going. Something which could be fun, but he were on thin ice here and reluctant to try his luck.

So instead, he just leaned back, used his horn to float one of the love muffins he hadn't gnawed in up, then sent it flying towards Void who didn't notice much before the muffin were right above her head, glowing green and standing perfectly still, though why she had no idea about. Neither had she when it started to crumble and form into an exclamation mark, as much as the crumbs allowed it of course. He should've tossed another one with it, but eh, too late now.

"Hey Ambie, seems like the quest giver haves a mission for ya. Better go up and check on it."

It brought a bit of a grin to his face, though he had no idea if anypony here would have any idea what he were going on about. They didn't have computers in this world, but they did have D&D, so perhaps the concept of quest givers wasn't completely foreign to them? He'd see, though it was tempting to drag it a bit further by adding in that he might get a new pair of boots from this quest, but he wouldn't push it just yet. He'd wait and see what Ambie did.

At this point though, if he didn't do something, Void were likely gonna end up doing it to get this to stop. Maybe. They both seemed pretty spineless frankly.

=======================================================

@~Phoenix~ @Widdershins

What in the worlds were going on right now?

Smokey had seen and been through a lot of things, some of which he had barely gotten out of alive, but as the fire started to crackle around Widdershins and seemingly increase in power and capture him, he could honestly say that this were one of the weirder and more alarming thing he had seen. Especially when the draconequus started to mention that he didn't have complete control over his magic, at which point Smokey prepared his own.

Before this moment, e had thought that the worst he would have to do were to explain his role in the grey market to Phoenix, go into a bit of a chat about why the white market were nauseatingly worse than what he did, or perhaps even try to peacefully tell Phoenix to calm herself before she set fire to the town. But as Widdershins started to become fully covered in the bubble of flames and it started to burst fireballs out, he had clearly underestimated how badly things could be.

As fast as he could, Smokey would burst his own magic as strongly as he could. A push that wasn't healthy and could end up harming himself, but right now, to try and stop the fire, he didn't have a choice as he gritted his teeth and several spirals of smoke shot out from his horn with hands at the end, grabbing for the fire being shot to extinguish them . He hoped that he would get them all, but quite frankly, he couldn't be completely certain as he could only focus on the angle and direction they were going and then hope to grab it, not focus on seeing it too much. Plus, as his eyes went solid white and grey clouds seemed to rush by them, it was somewhat clear that there was a point where he just had to use sound and instinct, as he wasn't able to see it anymore.

The flame shield would die out as the draconequui's singing would, and with some luck, he had either caught all the fire being send, or others had assisted so the town wouldn't be engulfed in flames, though he couldn't check on it right now, as the smoke from his horn fizzled out and he would start to go from a solid, strong stance, to a wakened one where he were shaking from just standing still.

"What was the meaning... Of that?"

He wanted to fall to his knees, but by some miracle he were still able to stand. Walking would just bring him down, and as his eyes were still quite literally clouded, he couldn't see much either right now. It came in glimpses as the clouds moved past, but what he saw made him almost drop his jaw.

"Where is Widdershins? That can't... Be him, right? Draconequui can't die... Not this easily."

The words were trying to convince himself more than anything else. Normal notion were that these beings were immortal, and nothing could actually kill them, but the story of the destructive one that had died so long ago were in his mind as he thought this, and it told him that it wasn't true. They could perish, but surely it should take more than a little fire, right? Phoenix couldn't have just outright... Not a demigod, surely.

=============================================================

@BloodDrops

Lyriel only reacted with a curious look as Blood bit her. Depending on where she had been bitten, it might have actually hurt, but the one she had aimed for wasn't one of her fingers of anything like that, but more a piece of her attire. She were about to ask further in on that when the pony wandered away for a bit and a rather... Disturbing sound got heard before the now-fed pony would return, and for some reason lie in her lap. What  strange one compared to her other, small friends.

"I didn't think you ponies were part of the carnivorous cycle. Something I should keep in mind for the next time I hear one go after one of the small animals of the forest I guard.

You need not worry I will harm you for this though. There is a food chain that needs to be sustained, and that requires predators to feast on their prey. Such is the role of nature, even if their small screams might be disturbing for some,a nd I would not be serving this forest if I tried to shelter them from this reality.

It sounds odd to me that your purpose is to bite and infect though. The other ponies I have seen and met do not do something like this. Ponies must be very varied."

If Blood had laid down on her lap as it seemed she would, Lyriel would gently brush her fingers through the mare's coat and mane, essentially petting the pony. It had gone over well with Blitz, so she didn't think it was a bad gesture really.

==========================================================

@Summer Breeze @Holiday Agnaktor

Lyriel looked over at Summer after she had snuck in on Blue and her, then rose her hand and snickered a bit behind her hand.

"Goodmorning friend. I have slept well, thank you, how about you? And as you guessed, our scaly companion and Frosty have departed towards the ocean a little while ago. They didn't wish to disturb the sleep of you two, and figured they would be back before you awoke. It will likely still be some time before they came back. Perhaps I can offer something for you to eat in the meantime? If it is a plant of a kind, I can grow it. The offer of course extends to you as well Blue, and I'm sorry for not having offered you this before. I am afraid I had forgotten it for a moment."

@Blitz Boom

Lance wasn't expecting such a reaction from Null (though, he should have) and jumped when she hissed.

"Of-- of course, right. So, uh..."

He desperately searched for another subject, any other subject to talk about.

"So why did Void decide to get a job here?"

He almost asked 'How did Void get a job here?' but quickly stopped himself from saying that, as it would imply that he was surprised Void had gotten a job. Which he wasn't surprised, the food was amazing.

6 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"Awh, well that's a shame. But as long as you're happy about your lifestyle that's all that matters.

And as for the chili... On one hoof, I'm tempted to go head to hoof with you in seeing who can down this first, but on the other hoof, I'd like to just enjoy it rather than scorch myself to get done first.

How about we start by just trying it for a bit, then we can compete later on if you want it?"

"Excuse me? I'm sorry for interrupting, but you didn't need to drop these miss. The food is free until the town is rebuild. Courtesy of Mayor Mare."

The mare that had interrupted them dropped off the bits that Dawn had paid with a smile, then went back to her own table again. Her name eluded Pop right now, but she knew the mare worked for the mayor. Her secretary, far as she knew.

"Well that was nice of her. Sorry for not telling you it was free before though. I sort of figured everypony who got here knew that, but thankfully it worked okay in the end. Now, let's see what this chili is like."

Taking a good sized spoonful, Pop chomped down and let the chili rest on her tongue for a moment to soak in the taste- at which point she almost fell down.

The chili was a good deal stronger than she had expected, and it took several gulps of milk after she had sent the concoction down her throat before she felt like her muzzle was less on fire.

"Holy macaroni, that stuff is not meant to be taken in huge spoonfuls by me at least. That felt worse than the time a dragon accidentally breathed hot smoke into my muzzle when he kissed me."

Pop dried the sweat off her forehead and looked over at Dawn, wondering how she were taking the chili, before she recalled just what she had compared this with.

"Uhm, try to forget that last part. Benny doesn't like it when I share that little story about his accident. So a-anyway, how's the chili?"

What could she say? Not everypony hated dragons.

======================

@Blitz Boom

Dawn took a look at the bits she had given the pony before registering what the pony. "I didn't realise this was volunteer work," Dawn murmured before looking back at Pop. Dawn almost burst out laughing at Pop's chilli reaction but covered her mouth with her hooves in an effort to stop the snickering. Maybe this wasn't so bad after all. "Maybe I should have gotten more milk if that's your reaction," she laughed, unable to contain herself. She laughed for a good solid minute before sighing. "I haven't laughed like that in a long time. Your comparison made the laugh worth it," Dawn told Pop before taking in a spoonful of chilli from her bowl. She swished around in her mouth for a bit before swallowing. "That wasn't so-" Dawn started sweating bullets and she began panting from the sheer hotness of the chilli before downing half her milk in one go.

1 hour ago, Blitz Boom said:

Lyriel only reacted with a curious look as Blood bit her. Depending on where she had been bitten, it might have actually hurt, but the one she had aimed for wasn't one of her fingers of anything like that, but more a piece of her attire. She were about to ask further in on that when the pony wandered away for a bit and a rather... Disturbing sound got heard before the now-fed pony would return, and for some reason lie in her lap. What  strange one compared to her other, small friends.

"I didn't think you ponies were part of the carnivorous cycle. Something I should keep in mind for the next time I hear one go after one of the small animals of the forest I guard.

You need not worry I will harm you for this though. There is a food chain that needs to be sustained, and that requires predators to feast on their prey. Such is the role of nature, even if their small screams might be disturbing for some,a nd I would not be serving this forest if I tried to shelter them from this reality.

It sounds odd to me that your purpose is to bite and infect though. The other ponies I have seen and met do not do something like this. Ponies must be very varied."

If Blood had laid down on her lap as it seemed she would, Lyriel would gently brush her fingers through the mare's coat and mane, essentially petting the pony. It had gone over well with Blitz, so she didn't think it was a bad gesture really.

Blood blinked "I am, most of the other ponies are herbivorous, some are omnivores though as they eat fish and some meats. Though they like it cooked, me however i like it raw and bloody" I remarked sitting down in the tree's lap or whatever this comfortable part was. She frowned as the tree, 'stroked' her. Though it did make her rather sleepy, and she closed her eyes for several seconds having a power nap. 

While she napped she wondered where the other dragon was, wasn't she meant to be making a cure for her , after all.

@Widdershins @Blitz Boom

Phoenix's eyes widened after she had cast off her attack, and she reveled in the chaos that took place afterward. Never before had she seen someone sing while getting attacked. in any case, it seemed to work for a moment, to her disappointment. as the fire seemed to swirl around him, she quickly realized that he had no controll over the situation, and she took a few steps back. her horn began to glow once more, and a weak blue energy field surrounded her. she didn't know much magic other than fire and healing, but she had learned a few spells over the years to defend herself. 

usefull as it was, as one of the fireballs was thrown off of the draconicuus and straight towards her! it had struck her weak field and the fireball dissipated, but at a cost. she wasn't knowledgeable enough to cast a very strong shield, and in one strike, it had shattered. but luckily, it seems the other fireballs all flew in unique directions of their own, and had avoided her thereafter. 

after the craziness had died down, she looked over in the direction she thought widdershins would be, but instead she saw... nothing but a pile of ash? "did i really just kill him?" she thought to herself as she stared wide-eyed at the aftermath. she walked towards the remains, glancing up at smokey who seemed rather displeased "what's the face for? he was just as much a threat to you as he was to me" she said in her defense. 

she, of course was the cynical type and she was quite numb towards the idea of killing someone. it's not anything she'd avoid if it meant protecting herself. that, and it wouldn't have been the first time, either. she looked back down at the remains and began to ponder if killing him was really that easy. after all, he was a draconicuus. she may have been living in the woods most of her life, but she wasn't unaware of what else there was in the world. 

@Blitz Boom

@Foxy Socks

(Apparently I missed a lot yesterday and today, I was recovering from a dentist apt lol)

Stardust watched the goings on with a confused expression on his face absently wondering where the being Amazon was talking to had come from as he had been so distracted he hadn't seen the new pony(?) show up. "Umm did I miss something?" The eternal girlish looking colt asked tilting his head to the side a bit, then blinking as Amazon's scars seemed to vanish 'note to self try and stop being so distracted by sights and sounds' he silently mused to himself

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

It is in the best interest of the siblings to keep as few innocents out of danger and to bring as little outside influence into their problem. Escalating the issue any further than it needs to be will lead to more disastrous outcomes. The urgency is made apparent but at least there is a lead they can chase. The focal orb and finding a trail of anomalies in behavior leads in different directions but the group could split up and pursue. The siblings just want to end this nightmare for good.

"So I guess we have our leads then." Lin perked up and looked to Omen and mother, showing them the tome of myths she brought from the other realm and opened to the page detailing the orb she once found. "We split up. Omen could go back into the cave and search for the focal orb. It's magic is suppressed unless if the orb is closed. Bring it back here so we can dispose of it."

"I can stay outside the cave if Omen needs assistance." Sen confidently chimed in. "Legion likely took extra precautions to make sure nothing goes back in there again, more possessed bodies will be guarding it and I can hold them off long enough for Omen to grab the orb. Lin can go back into the village and gather more information from elder Ghilan. He's likely found enough for us to find other alternatives should this plan fail but if things go south quickly, we'll meet up outside the village."

While this boost in confidence lifted the siblings' spirits, they assured mother that they will remain careful this time around. The biggest concern they have now is that Legion will make sure they are dealt with and is adamant in disposing of the thorns in his side. What it lacks in creativity is compensated with the simulacrum of Solasan being tied to it, directing when necessary. Lin and Omen know of this well, this confidence and flair will make it interesting for him. Tapping into Sen's mind already gave it a glimpse of Sen's brush with Malvernis, a dark and troubling memory for the siblings. What comes next will greatly amuse the corrupted construct, and it will enjoy seeing mother's three children fail in the most spectacular manner. 

"We're ready to depart, mother. We'll finish this fight and we'll bring home some donuts to celebrate. I think you'll like them." Sen said to mother as Lin opened a gate back to the longma village once more. 

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Blitz Boom

Warlock smirked, it was funny to see her under the water. While he had another idea, he was unsure if he should undo the work she did. "I have a different idea, and unlike you my magic hasn't suffered as much." He floated up, standing on one leg, seeming to angle his other one backwards. He lifted his stump up, pointing it to the ocean. He took the other hoof, placing it where the hoof of the other leg would be if it was there. "I think it's going to be quite fun." He looked at Athriel. "No need for gills or swimming unfortunately for you, and considering this place is deserted it'll be much easier for me to do this without drawing attention." He drew his hooves apart, splitting a section of the ocean open, but only enough to reveal the temple. "Now we can walk in." He said, floating down from the beach. "Like I said, no need for the gills." He rose a hoof to the lifted waters around them, floating some water around her neck, so she could breath until she removed the gills. "But that'll help as you remove them."

Iron Star looked to Chow, listening to all that. "Well to be entirely honest, I can't see what I don't look for." He said with a soft chuckle. "But at least you got that off your chest." He looked over to Astral as she walked in. "But you should talk to her at some point."

When things went through their process, Astral sat down on the bed, taking a moment to listen to what Chow said to her. "Yeah." She chuckled. "But I can't have a gang of misfits helping with defeating a being as powerful as Warlock, when none of us can actually use magic well enough, Chow only knows blood magic but not much of it, Iron Star is blinded, Misty is young and inexperienced and I am young and inexperienced too."

Misty put a hoof on her shoulder, she took it away, approaching Chow. "But we can teach him to do magic..."

"I have some magic books here, you two should read them, avoid reading the dark magic books. Only I know how to balance magic properly." Astral nodded,  "Misty, you too." He turned his head to her.

"I'll try to make sure my curiosity doesn't get the best of me." She said, nodding her head. "Do we have enough time though?"

Iron Star looked up, listening to Athriel and Warlock. "Not much by the sounds of it, but I can give you a boost." He put his hooves in front of him, drawing a transmutation circle in the air. Pulling a physical sword out of it, seeming to have enchantments already on it. Astral looked at him shocked. "This disables warding while also cutting, but to be safe it only does it nearby the area being cut. Before letting the warding reenable in the area." He handed the sword over to Astral.

"How did you do that? You can't see."

"I memorized how to draw the spell." He looked to Chow. "So what weapon are you most experienced with? Just think of it and pull it out of the transmutation circle, should come with the enchantment I used by default." He looked down to Misty. "How about you try?"

Misty pulled out a small dagger, with similar enchantments, she jabbed it at the air. "I think this is what ponies call overpowered."

"Not really overpowered, I have to exchange my magical energy for this, which I have an abundance of." He took off the bandage around his eyes, he pulled out a bandana from the transmutation circle, putting it on his head, covering his eyes with it. He stood up, walking over to Chow "Chow, If you want to insist on us being a gang of heroes, we can get started." He said patting Chow's shoulder, turning around. "So, just pull out a weapon."

Nectar walked carefully. Very carefully. She was very cautious not to trip and wires and get herself hurt. But now that she heard the bag kept the necklace from feeding, she allowed Francis to walk a bit further away from her. "I'm not entirely sure what we are looking for in here." She looked around, almost trying to guess what it is. "But considering how secure this place is, I'd guess it is magic, and very powerful."

Iron Wing listened carefully, but he got a tad bit nervous when she brought up him giving orders, his position as an ordinary guard wasn't that too long ago. But it seemed he only had to do that if he had a better idea, which he didn't. "Well, I can't really think of any way to do it better." He rubbed the back of his head with a hoof, smiling sheepishly. "So we can continue with the way the guards are spread out until they are captured." He explained pointing down to the battle plans.

11 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

@WiiGuy2014

"Why of course I will. Helping those in need are the Equestrian way, and let it not be said that Alonsus doesn't agree. Whatever it shall take Will, we will find your answers."

A smart pony wouldn't have been so okay about meeting an unknown pony in the Everfree Forest, claiming to have no memory and asking for help. A smart one would see this as being suspiciously changeling-like in nature, even if in this case, it wasn't. There should still have been at least a passing concern.

Yet with all that had happened yesterday, which they had all gotten out of alive, Alonsus' already substantial confidence had rocketed. Especially since he had not even gotten harmed himself, whilst still helping others out of town. That sort of thing under a horrid attack really did fuel his ego, which for a lot that knew him, made him insufferable to be around for any length of time.

Sure, he had a few friends who had gotten used to it, and most knew that he were not intentionally trying to be annoying, but even if he wasn't doing that or inflating his ego in a way that made him feel superior to others, they still preferred him to take a long walk, and get it out of his system.

"Can you remember anything before waking up here? Perhaps if we find where you came from, we can ask around there and see if anypony knows why you were headed out. I shall accompany you without hesitation if it is. Answer must be possible to find."

Or roughly translated from what he actually meant as he confidently wandered the path towards Ponyville alongside Will: He had a few weeks off at work and did poorly with sitting still. Better to help than wait around rolling his hooves.

@Blitz Boom

Will Guide thought to himself *Should I even be entirely truthful, despite not fully remembering what happened before winding up in this place. I distinctly remember my body being the kind that walks around on 2 legs, has no tail or unicorn horn, and picks things up with tiny little limbs at the end of these hooves. Somehow, my body must have transformed from whatever I was before into this unicorn body. I wonder if he would even believe me if I told him I'm not really an unicorn!* There was one other thing on his mind: The word, Disney! He vaguely remember how Disney has to do with fairy tales full of far-off places, daring swordfights, magic spells, and sometimes even a prince in disguise! *Maybe if I read the local fairy tales in this world, I might refresh my memories!*

Taking a risk, he spoke to Alonsus:

"First of all, I should be honest and tell you something that might shock you. I don't think I'm really an unicorn! Somehow, I must have transformed from whatever I was before into this unicorn body when I first landed in this place!

"Secondly, I get the feeling that wherever I came from, I think it's too far away to head back to right now, even if I did remember where it was. I think it's better if I just went to the nearest town of civilization to get some answers.

"Finally, I do believe I have one lead: the word, Disney. I think it's a far-away world full of fairy tales and stories that appeal to anyone. young or old! I'm thinking that if I read or heard some of the local fairy tales of this place, I might remember more. With all that said, will you still help me?"

@Widdershins @Blitz Boom

Ancalagon just sighed and said "I see maybe I should take up the mantle of dragon lord," He swayed his tail slowly. He looked to the two ponies with the jester. He raised a scaely eyebrow and he cursed up a storm in draconic as he heard the news. He was alittle ticked off but he had a job to do. "Hmm this hatchling is smart I take it?" he asked as he smirked. He looked at Kozaky and said "I showed you a dozen times what an alicorn looks like," he shook his head slightly as he formed a large gemstone out of the earth. He gave it to the ponies. "For putting up with my jester," he stated.

20 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Midnight_Aurora

Belladonna didn't even react as she heard the pony mumble. It was a sign of life, yes, but so had the weak pulse been, and she had other, more important things to think about than that.

About halfway to the hospital, a few doctors came rushing at her with a gurney floating between them for the patient.

"We came as fast as we could. Can you tell us what happened?"

"He collapsed after entering the town, seems unresponsive to physical or magical interference currently, and haves a low pulse. Magical and/or physical exhaustion should be checked along with your regular exams."

"Have he said anything?"

"One minute, fifteen seconds ago. Low mumble, nothing special."

It were a brief rundown of things whilst they transported Cosmic to the gurney, then moved as fast as they safely could back towards the hospital, got him into a bed, and began their exams.

As for Scarcity, she calmly set the bench back to where it had been before and started to walk towards the hospital. Considering the average length of a general exam and the fact that Cosmic were likely going to go into treatment soon for what were ailing him, she would have somewhere between a half and one and a half hour to go with here. No need for her to rush.

@Blitz Boom,

*It is about the half way point in their examinations that they discover two things. One somepony has had one heck of a magic surge recently. Two, their mana reserves are dangerously low, I.E. mana exhaustion, and those reserves are now almost blocked off.*

*Something has sealed the magic within this pony. But from what they see, he is a Unicorn with magically augmented/created wings. The wing's color doesn't match his coat. The Cutiemark on him is a pony shaped magical device of some kind. It looks almost like this Unicorn specializes in the shaping and crafting of magic to a varying degree.*

*It doesn't take them long to stabilize his mana flow, but his actual ability to use magic is another story. What ever is blocking his magic reserves, is also preventing the mana from flowing properly within him. Unless the seal itself is broken or undone, he will not be able to use any magic.*

*Sometime after his treatment, Cosmic comes to and yawns as if he is feeling better. But he still has a headache from Tartarus.* "What the buck happened? Where am I?" *He asks randomly, still disoriented from what happened to him.*

(edited)

@Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich

"Makes sense, with those two being so close from what I've heard, and being captain of the guard. Lot's of steel with those.

Sounds way worse with the ones in the deep if they end up giving you a runny nose though. Can't even imagine the sort of smell that would do that, beyond perhaps freshly-baked pretzels in the winter. But that's more from standing outside and drooling too much instead of getting into warmth, so eh."

The flapping of sort-of.wings were heard and made Ziggy pause, just seconds before Fah'lina would get down from her perch and land on a shelf/table close to the two of them, then start making some charades. From the look of how she pointed to Serenade, then her own nose, and then herself afterwards before tilting her head to the right questioningly, it would seem that she had been listening in to what the two of them had been talking about and wanted to know what she smelled of too. Though it might look like she were also saying that she smelled better than Serenade. Depended on if the two non-critters could understand what she were on about.

===============================================================

@Foxy Socks @Twilight-Shimmer

The bench with the face that were currently Anomaly's *second avatar* in a sense, rolled its eyes at the question and jumped a little on its wooden legs.

"I said it was an accident, and that I was sorry, jeez. It was her own fault anyway for startling me. I don't wanna hurt anypony like old me did, but things like that old me likes to poke her head out and do something before I can react. instinct thing i think it was, and come on, I put her back together. Perhaps not perfectly, but there was a lot of pieces and creating things is hard.

"Hey, more pony now! Hello little foal, hehe... Heh... Waaaaait a second, I think... Hold on."

A manuscript that seemed to be riddled with doodles and pictures of tiny horse heads making facial impressions popped up in front of her and floated around whilst she went through the pages a bit.

"Aha! Found it."

The bench opened it's mouth and ate the papers that had been floating there, before burping and turning into a lawn chair.

"Not foal, old pony with curse. Hello pony! I like your bird."

The phoenix apparently didn't feel the same as she rose her wings threateningly at the dracone-chair, though she wasn't attacking yet. Considering how small embers seemed to fly around her beak though, it might be close for the protective little creature.

======================================================================

@EQ_Theta

Mother waved them away as they left on their mission, silently praying that they would have success, but didn't say anything else before they were gone at the gate were closed.

"Reckless children those two, and they seem to drag Omen towards that too with little issues. Makes them quite volatile, and unpredictable. Troubling way to go through life, but wandering outside of patterns might be the only way for them to succeed against their foe.

I just hope they don't loose sight of their paths, even if they might step away from it at times."

Outside, in the Longma area, Omen would scratch her head slightly with one of her hooves before looking around her and making sure that there were nopony here who seemed to want to hurt her friends. Didn't appear to be, which either meant her lesson from before worked, they had lost interest, or they flat out kept at bay because they didn't want her to send them further away. All of them could work really, so she didn't really care.

"Okay, I got to the cave then. Alone."

Turning around and looking at Sen directly, she didn't bother even reaction on the drake that were currently munching on her mane and wriggling around, as if it had just caught her and were trying to take her down.

"If Legion is there, it waits for you two. Not safe for either, especially not you Sen. I can take care of them myself, then find you if I find something. I have your scents. I can always find you."

Reaching up towards the drake, it bit down on her hoof, which she didn't care about either before reaching her over towards Lin.

"Not safe for lizard thing either. It stays away."

Thinking on it for a few seconds, Omen would put her tongue into the bag around her neck, pull some of the dried fruit up and feed it to the drake, that much rather wanted that than to chew on Omen's skin. It should make it easier to get it to move over to Lin too, where it would wrap itself around her leg like it had before, before slithering up to her head to have a height advantage, where it'd then give out a small, adorable roar.

That was only if she reached a small bit forward so the drake could reach her though. Might be that Lin had other ideas, considering what Omen had said about going to the cave alone this time, and would perhaps think that Omen might not leave if she didn't have somepony else to watch over her tiny companion.

======================================================================

@Shineling @Maple Bat @MaryxMelody

"So that's two for a pumpkin."

Anomaly headbutted the cup she were standing with, which then cracked down the middle and left two halves of the cup where for some reason, the golden-orange liquid inside didn't run out of either despite the fact that they now both had a massive hole down the side.

"There, bottoms up."

They're not gonna get poisoned by this or something, right? I don't wanna get in trouble with their writers.

Nono, it's perfectly safe...Ish. Might be a tiny bit of chaos in there, but nothing dangerous.

I think we have varied definitions of dangerous, but okay, I'll let this slide and see what happens.

Wanting a drink herself, Anomaly suommoned a huge straw from behind her ear, stuck it into the ground and started drinking the color from a small section of the ground with a big happy smile on her face.

"So... Pinkie, you said something about somepony called Grey and Stormy, right? Shouldn't they be here?"

Bit of a delay with them actually. Turns out Blitz got out of her wire and had run into a small cactus somepony had left outside. They'll be there next post, when they're done getting the needles out of her face.

"Ouchies, that gotta hurt. But hey, at least they'll be here next post. What about you two, Mary and Maple? You got somepony on the way too? Wanting to do something perhaps? Wanna try paintball against an Ursa Major or something perhaps? They get really mad when you do that."

====================================================

@genessee

"I-It's not really a job. I just... Wanted to help, y'know? And they n-needed ponies around here, so since I knew how to cook I thought that maybe I c-could help them. I didn't think about s-serving though, that just... Sort of h-happened."

"Yeah, we pretty much got here to town around the time of the attack yesterday. Figured that to make a good impression here we would try to be helpful, so we have been around the place and done a bit of this and that. We didn't aim to go at it this much to start with, but the princesses were in town when we started, and since Void and I try to find a home with less cruel ponies, showing our willingness to be a sport about things we weren't even part of seemed like a good way to earn us a few brownie points in the eyes of the royals. No idea if they actually saw any of that, but a few words of *Yeah, they're fine enough* or something might give us a bit of leniency to set a place up outside of town."

"B-Best to not test them by wanting to be inside town. With what w-we can do, it's not a s-smart choice."

"Pretty much. And you know, most in town seems to not mind us too much, so there is a chance, but again, we'd need to get hold of a royal eventually first. Guessing it's only them that can tell us if we're allowed to stay in Equestria. Mayor in town might do too if we sign some papers or something, I don't know. Thoughts for tomorrow when half the town isn't asleep or tired out of their skulls.

What about you Lance? You been thinking on doing something with all that's going on these days to get a few brownie points with the locals?"

===================================================================

@Dji

Seeing the otherwise pretty glum mare laugh over her chili-misfortune, almost made it all worth it for Pop. Not saying that it wasn't really good to hear Dawn laugh, and she certainly didn't take offense over the laughter, but the chili had been pretty hot, so it wasn't something she'd do again to get a laugh outta the mare. Not voluntarily at least.

"Well, it's good to hear that the faces and story were worth it. Benny finds it incredibly awkward to think back about, but really, we were teenagers, and from what I've heard from others, a perfect experience just isn't likely to happen between a couple at that age."

Then the time came for Dawn to try the chili, and much like Pop, she seemed to have done the stupid thing of keeping it in her muzzle to savor the taste rather than getting it down quickly, which in turn gave the mare a taste - pun intended - of how it felt like, which made Pop smirk a little.

"Hot enough for you Dawn? Hehe."

@BloodDrops

Lyriel listened with an open mind to what it were that Blood were saying, which seemed to be something she needed to as well to try adn understand what her part in the grand scheme of things were. Not a pleasant one it sounded like, yet life couldn't always only include those who traveled on a path of light. At times, it needed its darkness, which were what she were starting to consider Blood, who had to go against what so many of her other kin did to get by. infecting others, eating flesh when others needed at best a little fish, and were otherwise herbivores... It didn't sound to her like Blood were evil, but it sure did come off as her being an outcast. Something which Lyriel, if any, could understand.

A smile spread on her face as the mare seemed to fall asleep for a short while in her lap, which were a first for her. Usually it were deer, rabbits, squirrels or otherwise that fell asleep there, as they felt safe around this being of nature, but of the few ponies she had met, none of them had yet to fall asleep in her lap. Blitz would likely have been one to do that though if it were, but that was besides the point. Though it did remind her that she needed to check up on the filly again at some point. Lyriel liked to think the little one as one she should protect, even if thus far, it were more like everything needing protection from her. Oh the things some of the timberwolves told her about the little one... Quite the strange thing when it came to what seemed like a harmless child.

She considered saying something right now to get her mind off this a little, and to respond to the statement that Blood had made about her needing flesh, but she didn't want to risk waking her up. Let the pony rest peacefully as long as she needed to, before the harsh reality would claim her once more.

=================================================================

@~Phoenix~ @Widdershins

"Did I look at you like I blamed you? I'm not sure anymore. if I did, I'm-"

Smokey were interrupted as his legs finally gave away and he fell flat on his stomach with a thud.

"-sorry. I just can't believe this. Draconequui, they're supposed to be demigods. How can you kill that with simply fire? Was his magic really that unpredictable that it fueled it enough to straight up end himself?"

He couldn't remember if he had looked wrongly at Phoenix anymore. He didn't think so, but right now, as his vision were compromised from the grey clouds soaring lazily over the otherwise pure white that had filled his eye-sockets, and his energy had been spent so severely on getting hold of the fire that had been tossed around, he was quite frankly not certain that he kept completely in control of himself. Could be that what he thought of as bafflement, had muddled up in his tired mind and looked like blame or something akin to that. Not intentionally, but he could see how she would not like it regardless.

"Perhaps he isn't dead though. It could be another game, or just something that puts him in stasis. I've only ever heard of one draconequus truly die before, and the circumstances around that one's demise is nothing small, so they have to be insanely resilient. Perhaps enough to survive what would kill anything else?"

A shaky hoof were raised to his face as he shook his head a little, trying to think about what this might all mean, and what the consequences of this would be. Not to think of the implications, which would cast the few things he knew of draconequui in a muddled, uncertain light.

"We will see I suppose. How are you doing though Phoenix? I can't really see you that much right now. Are you hurt?"

The eyes of his were a problem when it went like this. Using too much magic at once would essentially whiten his eyes completely, with only faint glimpses through a fog that would run over his eyes like clouds until he were finally rested enough, but that could take anywhere from a few minutes to days, depending on the circumstances, and whilst this wasn't the worst he had tried, he wouldn't be surprised if this would go on for several hours at least.

====================================================================

@Lloyd

Athriel didn't hear a peep of what Warlock were going on about as he yapped on above the waves, but she sure found out when he started parting the sea down to to the temple and leaving her in a slice of fresh air instead of sea water. usually something she'd like, but right now, she had gills, and this annoyed her, to say the least. She's be furious with Warlock if it wasn't because she had to admit that he did have some class and sass to his way, so she just went with annoyance for the time being.

She got a bubble of water before she wandered into the section of water that wasn't parted to make way, and rose her talon to her neck once more, though she put it down again after a half second, as she recalled that she still needed them.

"Showing off much, are we? Bah, nevermind, let's go. I hope that we find my element soon though so I don't need to continue being reduced to this... Second rate carnival magic. I hate being reliant on others."

She recalled a time when she had a good deal more magic, before this long imprisonment had drained her of a good deal of it. She had been able to make some truly interesting transformation tricks back then, and snapped through things like this without a worry to a point where she could even change most of her appearance if she had some prep time. But now? She had to live through being little more than a second-rate enchanter, which were so low in the ranks of blood magic that even beginners laughed at the practitioners.

Her element would likely help that. The element of Deceit, whom she had heard call out on her once, but had feared like a child. That would help her get her power back, and get her greater than others of her kind out there. She would be all powerful, and get her revenge on the princesses!

But it would take a while. The elements she knew where were wasn't going to be it. They wouldn't have taken the chance. But if she found the ones for Warlock, he would be strong enough to find them. He had been the most infamous wielder of the disharmony elements she had ever heard about, and even just finding one of his pieces would have to make him strong enough to help her find her strength, surely. Event though she knew she had to stay on his good side for that. She might be helping him now, but the second she didn't proved to have any sort of use for him, she'd be done for, or at the very least, abandoned.

Which were also why she couldn't linger here with her thoughts. They had work to do, and laziness would harm her usefulness in the times ahead.

Walking forward, they got to the door of the temple which were surprisingly sturdy after all these years. It might be possible to just smash through with enough magic, but right now, she didn't wish to risk it. These placed her been made to keep these things hidden for all time, and going in like a brute might end up with some kind of fail-safe activating.

"Remember how I told you that this place were used to worship Sirens? Wanna venture a guess how they kept it closed from outsiders?"

She didn't care to wait for an answer as she pressed her head and the bubble of water it were in against the wall, took a deep breath and began vibrating her gills in a sort of tune that Warlock wouldn't be able to hear.

It would take about a half minute of her trying to find the right tone whilst the water around her head rapidly started to run down the wall, but eventually, a few seconds before she'd run out, she seemed to find it as the door began to rumble, and she jumped back to not get the rush of water from in there smashing her i the face.

When it would die out from the temple getting emptying, she'd raise her talon to her neck and undo her previous work. It wasn't needed anymore when there wasn't water in the temple. Here were hoping Warlock hadn't gotten swept away in the meantime, whilst the half-open door urged them to step inside.

Edited by Blitz Boom
Missed something
  • Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

Stardust blinked at the "Talking chair" "Um yeah, I am actually very old" he replied tilting his head a bit and absently reaching out and giving the Phoenix a pet on the head "Easy now little one" he cooed  at the bird, then looked to the now lawn chair and asked "Are you a Draconequis too?"