Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

"ACK! That's hot!" Dawn gasped when she finished her bowl off she found the full tankard of milk and not questioning it, downed as much of the milk as possible. She didn't expect the chilli to be as hot as it was. Especially when she was barely tasting it but the aftertaste and the chilli hitting the back of her throat sealed the deal. She finished the milk, put the tankard down and then burped some flames. She covered her mouth after the flames dissipated and ended up with her mouth hanging open, trying to cool it down as much as possible.

Edited by Dji
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom @Twilight-Shimmer

"Oh, how terrible... I am glad you are away from those horrible ponies!" Foxy expressed to Anomaly. She had more sympathy to Draconequui than other ponies, again because she was different herself. "Just please don't do whatever you did to Amazon again."

Foxy always wondered about Draconequui and where they come from, though Anomaly simply did not remember anything except from that day. It must have been long ago, or was it?

"When were you 'resurrected,' Anomaly?" She expected centuries ago at least. She wanted to learn as much from her and Widder as possible.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

"I can feel it, very strongly" Warlock felt a strange urge as a result of it, to burst the statue apart and grab the element for himself, a nice and easy solution, but despite his splitting of the ocean earlier, he wasn't actually that powerful, since that act was a spell and nothing else. "You sure I can't just take it? Actually, I won't waste time asking questions." He burst upwards quickly to be level with the orb, grabbing the orb, smiling at the golden statue. He tried to pull it off, and fell to the ground as the stone pulled him down from it's weight, shattering the stone from the impact. "Agh." He struggled to get up with levitation, realizing he spent most of his magic on splitting the waters earlier. He looked to Athriel, she'd surely not give him praise if he went with the less powerful options from now on considering how extreme he was earlier, he was really anxious now to get the element to rid of that possibility, he did love to bask in praise, being the element of greed and all. He floated into a standing position, swiping away the rocks looking for the element.

======================================================================

"We don't have time to fix this, get ready to teleport." Iron Star swept them all away, to where the temple was, but taking Chow's spear with them.

Astral pulled Chow closer, hitting him while simultaneously giving him the warding spell, giving him a sock on the jaw and vulnerability from further socks on the jaw. Which Iron Star had to pull her away from Chow to stop her from doing, even though she only did it once. She turned around to Warlock and Athriel once she remembered they teleported. "You." She said, in a rather intimidating manner. 

"Oh look, it's the little twerp, the naive brainiac, and the griffon want to be." Warlock looked to Misty, Astral, and Chow, in that order as he spoke, he extended a sword, seeing their weapons chuckling. "Oh how funny, you think physic-" Then he found Astral rushing over to him, and cutting him off, by cutting part of his ear off. "AH!" He flew away, into the golden statue, grasping to his ear, casting healing onto it, covering his red fur in more red, red from blood. He found himself meeting eye to eye with a spear, thrown quite literally blindly by Iron Star, luckily for Warlock he grabbed the spear before it hit his face, he tried to break it actually succeeding, seeing brief flashes of warding fading. "Heh." He tossed the pieces away. "I guess it turns out a weapon designed to disable warding, prevents it from being warded." He said rather snidely Astral flew up to Warlock, throwing him into the siren statue, starting to float down and tumbling a bit as she struggled to self levitate, which she hadn't done often. He tumbled across the floor, tossing his cloak off of his body. Figuring it wouldn't help him any further. "Athriel, do something about them!" He extended a shield, defending a strike from Astral with her sword. Causing a loud clashing sound caused entirely by the sword. "And don't think I can handle them myself, 500 years in a stone prison isn't exactly rejuvenating to my magical energy." He found his face cut by the sword, hitting Astral away into the wall across the room. But even with warding, Astral was knocked unconscious from the impact.

"Element of gluttony?" Francis asked, hiding behind Nectar again, who rolled her eyes.

"She said amulet of gluttony."

He walked out from under her, getting a bit close to Scarcity, but since she had the bag he'd be fine, but Francis wasn't aware of that. "Same thing, like how the Alicorn Amulet is an element of disharmony." He glanced around as Nectar gave a questioning glare to him. "I know that because of Trixie, it's very clear it is."

Nectar rolled her eyes again, looking around. "Well anyways, I hope we use those two soon. I have the nagging feeling all this talking is wasting time."

Francis turned to Scarcity. "Her nagging feelings are usually right, so we should hurry."

Iron Wing shuffled his wings as he walked in, then introducing himself, speaking confidently the entire time. "I am Iron Wind, usually called Iron Wing, for prominent reasons." He extended his somewhat large iron wings, yes they are made of iron, its in the name, the metal clashed a bit, there was a design on them, from when they etched in some enchantments into the metal to make them incredibly light. He folded them back up, not wanting to show off to much. "So I assume the meeting is about the ponies spotted at the Canterlot Garden, correct?" He asked, turning to Screecher.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom@Seamore Sandwich 

Serenade giggles at Fah'lina's antics, then nods "Okay, but if things get nasty I will be running away. I don't want to jeopardize Ponyville, you or Princess Luna." She paws the ground for a second, "If I do escalate things Ziggy, I want you to promise me, cover your ears. No matter what else happens, cover your ears" 

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

Smokey's eyes widened as he were being fed magic by Phoenix. What exactly he had hoped for when she got closer to him were... Private, but it certainly wasn't something like this. A practice which he had heard a few stories about before, but never seen in action. Quite frankly, he had thought it a silly notion that it was a thing, but as his own horn got fed a small stream of magic and his eyes began to cloud a littlw less, he had to face that this were fact. Which were also one on the reasons why he mustered some of his remaining strength into rolling away from her until he were out if radius.

"Please stop this Phoenix."

His voice had gotten pleading as he glanced at her, still with his own version of cloudy eyes, though with more consistent, rapid pacing of the clouds that allowed him to catch glimpses through the blanket of white.

"I know you mean well, and I thank you for the concern, but I cannot accept your strength. It belongs to you, and keeping on this way will just weaken you as well.

I will be fine without, I promise. I just need a few minutes to rest my legs, and as for my eyes... I have wandered with them like this before. I'll live."

He did his best to sound reassuring and give a big, calm smile afterwards, but truth were that he knew how mucked up he were right now. Something which would be fixed in time granted, but could have been pressed along if he had just accepted the magic flow for long enough.

Yet he found that he couldn't find it in himself to be so selfish about this. Whilst he could get his strength back by having it given like this from Phoenix, he didn't think it right for her to end up the weakened one. Not for him.

Besides, much as he underplayed things, he would eventually be okay, he was sure of it. Never been permanent thus far after all.

( @Widdershins as well)

Phoenix lifted her head as she heard the grass rustle beside her. she saw Smokey as he rolled away, trying to avoid her magic. she simply watched him, and listened in silence as he made his pleas. she simply stood up and stared down at him. she gave it a bit of thought. she could decide to abide his request and stop, or she could keep going

the way she saw it, smokey wasn't going too far. she could simply keep making attempt to heal him, and he wouldn't have very much say in it. or, she could be selfish, and use this as an excuse not to reveal the true extent of her magical ability. 

of course, smokey also made a point of his own. using this magic was fairly draining. as a light breeze blew by, her own legs began to wobble. her strength was temporarily faded, but she was determined.

she dug her hooves into the ground, and made an effort to make her way towards Smokey, as she moved each of her hooves one by one, making sure each was dug in enough to give her a bit of stability before attempting to move another. after a few quiet moments, she began again, as the stream of magic made it's way over to smokey. 

this wasn't an easy decision for her. not in the slightest. never before has she shown another pony any of her magic. at least, none who survived. she chuckled lightly to herself as she realized what it was she was doing "i guess i'm growing fond of him" she thought to herself. she was having mixed feelings about it. part of her was upset, possibly even angry that she was letting this stallion see her magic. the magic that she had researched for years. 

although she was a mare of reason, her fighting instincts were still fighting their way to the surface. she wanted to stop. such an act she was currently performing was an act of mercy, and that could easily be taken advantage of. it's a risk she's never been willing to take, at least not until now. 

part of her felt... okay with this, as odd as it was. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

As Will Guide listened to Alonsus's lecture on the 3 pony races of Unicorns, Pegasi and Earth Ponies, the founding of Equestria and how two powerful princesses govern the nation, he was very fascinated and his curiosity bloomed like a flower in spring. "What an amazing history this place has!" Will exclaimed as they arrived in the nearby town of Ponyville. 

As Will first gazed upon the lovely village of Ponyville, he felt something familiar stirring in his mind. He couldn't help but sing a little tune that popped into his head: "Little town, it's a quiet village/ Where I've heard this song before, don't knoooooow/ Little town, full of little ponies/ coming out to saaaayyy..."

"Hello". "Hello". "Hello", "Hello", "Hello", responded a group of ponies to Will and Alonsus, unknowingly finishing the rhyme in Will's head. 

Will half hummed and half sang the rest of the familar song as he observed the ponies going about their business from an Earth Pony Baker delivering bread and rolls, to a Pegasus mare moving a cloud in the sky, to an Unicorn colt bouncing a ball in his magical hold.

Looking back to see Alonsus staring, Will blushed. "Sorry, if you don't like my singing. I don't know what came over me."

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

Sen paced about, growing angrier and disappointed but understood that all of this is born out of worry. He knew the risk of being there to look after Omen but he couldn't run back to the village to remain safe when his friend would be placed in danger. As much as he wanted to say something as a rebuttal to the claims he is presented with, he agreed to them, proving that he would be more of a liability than an asset and calmed down after. He wouldn't admit it but he cared a little too much for her, likely to the point of jeopardizing the task ahead but he backed down eventually.

"Alright, you win," Sen begrudgingly but worryingly replied. "I'll change those traps outside so they'll be set off with tripwires instead so I won't need to look after them. I trust you'll be successful in there. Don't take unnecessary risks, okay?"

Sen departed to do what he said but after every ten or so steps would turn back to Omen before walking away until she was out of sight. Deep down, he knew something will catch her. Legion knows it should adapt to go against anything that could resist its magic but Sen being locked out of its mind might not know how to respond. He only knows he will have to put his trust in his friend to see this through. 

Meanwhile, the presence in the cave noticed Omen all alone and found its moment to start playing its games. A grey wisp formed in the shape of a longma's claw reached out but fell short of grabbing the visitor. It was well within its power to grab Omen but it moved one phalange out, tempting her to come closer. 

"You've come for the artefact? Keep going, follow the sound of the voice and you will reach its origin." The voice in question reverberated and echoed throughout the cave but it distinctly had the voices of the three children Omen previously met in the village all speaking in unison. The joined voices tempted Omen to go further in, knowing there is more than just the disturbing implication of what lies in the dark while leaving her clueless about the the current state of the village. It has a surprise waiting for the siblings and plans to exploit it for amusement. 

"I remember you, Omen. No longer living in the shadow of your friends? Has the thought of choosing between them come across your mind? 

Edited by EQ_Theta
  • Brohoof 1

@MaryxMelody @Blitz Boom                                                                                                                                                                                                                  "Alright!" Mary sat down to wait for her. She looked at the ground and levitated a stick and played around with it until she got back.

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

The only reaction from Belladonna as he speaks, is her horn glowing, and a notebook and a pen rising from her fine saddlebag, then a few things were scribbled down, and it returned to the bag again. She didn't even look at the notebook as she did this, but instead kept a silent posture for several seconds after he were done, contemplating things as if she were a statue.

"Unintentional body-manipulation, potentially from a high explosive burst of raw magic detonated for unknown reasons, and a name that you don't wish to fully disclose, which is 37.3% likely to be because of a criminal past, and 51-52.7% to do with the princesses and privacy, if they hold items belonging to you.

It seems irrelevant for me to know in either of those two cases, but I would advise against telling doctors or any potential royal guards of those details. It is a tall story, and they may not see the signs that you are not lying. Misleading potentially, but that is another distinction.

A believable story to use is that your bodily inconsistencies are a birth defect, and you were struck by something in the forest. Enough strange things occur in this area to make it plausible."

Taking off her monocle, she cleaned it in one of the papers from the roll int he corner as if this were simple a normal Tuesday. Not a reaction he would get from others, but Belladonna were a mare that didn't see the point in digging places where she would get no results, and if she wanted answers about this one, she'd have to find them elsewhere, or follow him and see if more would become evidently clear as time went by.

"Considering your current physical state, the doctors will likely order you to remain here until further notice. If you wish to leave earlier, then once you have your hoofing, I can inform them that I will be keeping an eye on you, and bring you back in case things gets worse. They cannot hold you from being released in that case, unless you start to bleed from one or several orifices before leaving the establishment."

Satisfied with the cleaning of her monocle, she returned it to her face and adjusted it so it sat right, before taking a few steps closer to Cosmic, as he preferred to be called.

"Now then, I assume you will find my presence a nuisance, but I find the information about your current state to be alarming enough to find it best to not leave you unattended. I make my home in Canterlot, and I have little interest in seeing another magically erratic episode of yours make harm to the capital of Equestria. Beyond that,y ou may find that my assistance could be useful, especially as ion your current state, I assume you are essentially defenseless, yes?"

@Blitz Boom,

*Cosmic nods and says,* "You probably won't believe me but let's just say my birth name this time around isn't of the names normal to this land. But the name I gave is mine none the less. A name I haven't used in several rebirths. By flame of rainbow one is judged. And by the same flame one is reborn. My power currently unavailable. My knowledge not accurate. But totally defenseless I am not. My hooves and these wings are good to deter or evade. However, against the cult, I do not know. However, if you could look at this, it may help. It is one of the scrolls I took when I left. It looks to be a ritual of some kind."

*He gives uses a hoof to grab his bags from beside his bed. He then uses a wing to retrieve a scroll. The scroll Dark as the night and covered in midnight Blues and silver. What is inside is known only to those who look.*

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

Pinkie giggled at Anomaly's antics but soon paused, her ears perking up as she heard Blitz's name. "Ooo~! Blitzy, Blitzy, Boom and Ditzy!" She cheered randomly, throwing in the first rhyme-y words she could think of to describe Blitz. "I see my favorite little pyro-technician is getting up to some silliness this way!" She teased, leaning over and ruffling the mane of her favorite fiery filly and offering her a cupcake with a little frosting bomb on the usual frosting swirl. "How've you been Blitzy?"

Edited by Shineling
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

"Fair enough."

That was all Lance could think to reply.

"I don't see why everyone can't accept somepony for who they are. It shouldn't be that hard."

Edited by genessee
  • Brohoof 1

@Dji

"Vauw... I would say, I'm impressed you actually got it chomped down this fast. I yield to the chili master."

It had looked pretty crazy for a bit as the flames had started to be burp, and how Dawn had went through the milk like it was the air she needed to breathe- which likely wasn't too far off, considering it would be burning like crazy.

Thankfully it seemed like the worst of things had been extinguished, but it did make her look at her own bowl of chili with a bit of respect and fear. She had never seen any chili that could literally make you spew fire, so this was a bit of a humbling experience, as well as making her question if it was really worth it to go through this, or if she should perhaps just get some haydogs or something else she had seen up there. Better eat slowly and then think about it as she went along, though no big spoonfuls! She wasn't gonna end up spewing out the flames.

"How are you feeling Dawn? It looked pretty volatile for a time there. You're not hurt I hope?"

==========================================================================

@Foxy Socks @Twilight-Shimmer

"About seven hundred years ago. I sorta stopped counting years after a time and just went for decades.

Funny-looking snakecat with glowy eyes found me when they resurrected me, and said he'd help me learn good and fun stuff instead of doing bad things. Lots of wind hit the cultists then, and we left for this big, pretty forest. Spent years there with him showing me he to make things and not hurt others too much, and then he asked me to make some weird things. Strange seeds that would make big, big trees to spawn plant ponies. Said something about uhm... What was it... Needing to make the Evergrown happen? Strange name, but eh, he was friend, so I helped.

He wasn't there all the time, but it was okay. Plenty of plants and stuff to make until I guess, few years back? Got bored and wanted to see pony world. Got really lost and ended in dragon land. I loved swimming in the volcano though. It tickles."

Anomaly's chair form shivered a bit as she giggled through this, then melted into a green ball that would rise up and form a small palm tree with her face being painted on the coconuts.

"Pony town at sea was the first I saw, and then this one went and made things all scary-like, so I had a little accident. No biggie.

What about you, fox pony? You done weird things too, or gotten raised by a cult? I haven't seen fox ponies before, so perhaps you're a construct too?"

=========================================================================

@Lloyd @Widdershins

Athriel almost felt a shiver of excitement down her spine from seeing the idiot brigade showing up and starting to battle with Warlock. How much she had missed to be able to wander into conflict like this and make sure that unrest and blood would flow alongside one another, and smelling the coppery scent waft through the air. How alive she felt right now.

And what better way to celebrate than to bash some witches around?

"I'll keep 'em busy. Starting with you, little girl."

Using her blood magic, Athriel gathered the blood that Warlock had spilt and added them on her right talon, making the claws longer, sharper, and providing a protective layer around what she now quickly towards Astralw ith. That if, before she got charged into by the annoying former prison of hers, who she then promptly went for the throat off.

A pity that he had a protective spell on him, really. The blood on her talon shattered and splinters shot around them when it tried to hit him, along with her talon falling backwards. Something the stallion took advantage off and swooped her off her feet, twirled her around and soon after had her pinned to the ground, with half of the former spear in his hoof, plunging downward.

Her eyes widened as the tip went into her chest, though unfortunately for the insolent little pony, she didn't stop breathing like he had hoped, and instead grabbed his throat and rose up with him in her grip.

"Warded to protect yourself, but not the brain to get what that means."

The ward didn't do anything from her just grabbing him, unless it were perceived as an attack it seemed. So she kept her grip somewhat loose as she twirled, flew forward and hammered downward with Chow into Iron from the air. Either their wards would explode against one another, or at least one of them would be injured from this. Potentially both, unless the mare got involved, in which case it would likely not do much beyond working as a distraction. But that were all that she needed anyway. She didn't have the tools to kill them after all, she were ju8st supposed to keep them at bay until Warlock had done his bid, or the guardian got involved.

"Typical you, isn't it Chow? Never thinking before you start using magic you don't understand and then goes on to hurting innocents, like the owner of this vessel."

Taking her talon to her chest, she pulled out the part of the broken spear Chow had stabbed her with, and started using what spilled blood were around to create barriers empowered with what magic she had to use for this,

"Do your little friends know about that? How I got loose because of you, and you went with me to hurt all those griffons? Or are you afraid to tell them of all the blood you spilled?"

"Shut up!"

He charged her, but she were expecting it. Frankly, she were outright using him right now, and as he got closer pulled him in and put the tip of the spear to his jaw, whilst dragging her other talon down his cheek in a way that looked almost loving.

"There's no need to be modest Chow. It's a great mark of honor to be called the worst thing that have ever happened to Griffinstone. And just imagine how proud your parents must be of you for it. Their infamous, murderous little exile."

As more blood would spill in the room, her spells would get stronger and the walls would grow thicker. Beyond that, she had taken a que from Warlock too. The weapons were vulnerable, so she would grab for those with her magic if they got near the walls, leaving the ponies to fight with magic and brawn instead of sharpened blades.

What she did with Chow here though, were also a part. As she mockingly praised him for what he had done and revealed his little secrets, his fury and self loathing would grow, and he'd struggle to get close enough to tear her beak off. A pity for him that at that point, she wouldn't be holding him anymore, but instead have him facing towards his friends instead. With a normal mind for things, he would have seen reason before he could charge them, but in his current state, he were so easy to get all up in a tip and then direct his lashing out towards others.

Now, without her being able to properly influence him - he were still warded unfortunately - she couldn't get him to actually go through with things and be under her thrall as he charged against Astral, but again, any distraction right now. Plus, the more brawl went on, and the more time she had to work with things, the more blood would spill from both her and Warlock. It would make her spells stronger and hopefully be able to be focused on keeping the maggots at bay.

In fact... Yes, there should be enough to work with.

Pressing on her wound to let more blood flow, she started her incantations whilst Chow realized what he were doing and stopped himself a hoof or so away from Astral, if she hadn't smacked him away herself already. What happened with him right now were of no concern to her, but the stream of blood and magic that she took hold off and sent towards Blood as a scarlet spear was another thing. And if his ward stopped it or he used magic against it? Unless he removed the blood, she could keep using it and continue the assault, adding in with what more blood she could spill.

She would quite literally have them in a battle of time. Time for Warlock to do his work so they could get out of here, as well as time for her to fuel more magic with her vessel's leaking pipes. Hopefully it wouldn't be too long before Warlock had done something though. SHe couldn't bleed forever after all, and there were noone here she could really tap for more of this either.

=================================================================

@Lloyd

"I agree. We should endeavor to catch up to wherever these two are, before it's too late."

Wandering up to the portal area where Scarcity were going through the motions of opening their path out, Golden cleared his throat a little and were about to say something to her when she interrupted him. Likely all the same as he would have just gone on with his formalities rather than say something worthwhile in her mind.

"I will need three hours to get the word spread around my contacts to look out for Warlock and Athriel. They have as little a want to see Equestria burn as I have, so it shouldn't be too difficult to get some eyes and ears out int he shadier parts of our country."

The last step completed, the portal opened again and beckoned the three of them in.

"Find them, eradicate the problem, and return Chow to me. He and I still have unfinished business, and I won't accept that he dies before they're carried out."

If he didn't know better, Golden could almost swear that he heard some degree of sympathy and pleading in her voice, but he were sure that wasn't the case. The only things she had shown to care about were herself, her wallet, and her sister, as well as to some degree, Brick Wall. This was likely just him trying to read into something that wasn't there for some reason.

"Very well. We thank you for the time and assistance Scarcity. And worry not, we will not spread the word of your portal's location. Our agreement is still valid after all, and I would hope that my companions here will agree that there is a certain worth to keeping you on our side, rather than attempt to rat you out and have you as an enemy."

Scarcity smirked slightly and looked them all over with the regular, somewhat teasing glimmer in her eyes.

"Appreciated, but you know me. Any trace you might have know will be erased before either of you can get close to my store again. For the time being, fare well, and good luck. I will send word if I hear something."

Golden considered correcting her about them not being near the store considering where the portal lead to, but didn't trhink it relevant. So he just made a bow, and went through the portal to return to... An empty field?

The others would see it too when they would eventually wander through. A field of grass with some trees and a small lake, a few miles away from Canterlot, with the portal leading them out from a spot between two trees that made a sort of frame for it to grow in.

It would swirl and vanish shortly after the last of them had wandered out though, and Golden were left with letting out a minor sigh and shake his head.

"I did wonder how she managed to transport those things through her store alone. No matter, I can take us back to Canterlot if you are ready? I will need to see how far the generals are and hear if there is something found by them yet."

=====================================================================

@Lloyd

"Correct. We have a plan of attack to work from, and I would advise you to listen carefully, as I am not going over this a second time."

Screecher leaned forward in her chair and started to tell about their plan of attack carefully and precise, making sure that they clung to her words. She knew that they had other things weighing on their minds right now, but that were unimportant compared to them being able to do their jobs for the betterment of Equestria. Which meant keeping their doubts about the new general to themselves for now.

"Any questions?"

"I have two."

"Yes lieutenant?"

"Are you two leading in the field, and if not, what is your part in this? It wasn't covered in the plan."

"You are correct, we are not joining you there currently. We will need to go and speak with General Tidal Wave, and as such, I will have the Night Guard report to Lieutenant General Bug Bite. As for the Solar Guard, that is up to my colleague, but I would advise him to chose Lieutenant General Pumpernickel while we finish our work."

The officer nodded and sat down again. Even the officers needed a chain of command to work with when big things such as this occurred, and with the two of them on route to the Coast Guard soon, they would need to know who to speak with. Normally that were the one of highest rank, but the two main guards did not always go by this. Depending on the situation, a Captain might be chosen over some with higher rank because of expertise. Something which iron Wing would learn about in time, once he had memorized what all of them could. A lengthy process, but hopefully he would have the time.

"Beyond the pick of an officer for the troops to report to for now, do you have something to add General?"

=============================================================

@Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich

"Okie dokie, I'll shut the head holes if things goes weird."

Ziggy raised a hoof in  *scout's honor* kind of gesture, before she felt a soft bump on her head and looked up to find the mimic had latched on to her.

"Hehe, looks like somepony doesn't wanna stay here alone. let's all have a flight and see what's what then."

Wandering outside, Ziggy would breathe in the lukewarm, night air. It was deliciously fresh, and as a bonus, tasted a little like muffins. Pretty weird since hey, who were baking at this time of night, but eh, whatever, right?

"So Serenade, wanna race? I bet I can reach the clock tower before youuuuu."

Yeah yeah, all serious stuff going on out here before. Boring to think about. She'd rather have some fun since it didn't look like there were anything going on right now anyway. At least not from here.

@~Phoenix~ @Widdershins

Much as he wasn't okay with this, Smokey didn't have the energy to try and move away again from Phoenix. Even if he did think it better that she did not waste her energy on somepony like him, the choice had been made by the mare, and the only thing he could really do were to just lie still on the ground and accept it, all the while thinking on how weakened she would be after this.

"I'm not leaving her here."

That was the first thought that came to mind when he thought on that scenario, where she were drained on the ground and he were unsteadily wandering around on borrow energy. Much as he were somewhat selfish at times and knew that in this life, thinking about yourself first were the only way to get somewhere long term, he couldn't just go ahead and do something like this. It was immoral and a pathetically petty thing to do, and especially after what she were doing now.

It wasn't just that he owed her more than taking a hike though. He would have done that for mostly anypony outside of the black and grey market circles, long as it didn't cause him to end up with a knife in his chest. Truth be told he actually enjoyed the company of Phoenix and how each layer that slowly peeled off seemed to reveal more questions than it answered. Mysteries intrigued him, just as a sharp wit did, and Phoenix had both in spades.

Granted, he had friends here and there in the lands. Contacts, those he spoke with, some family, that sort of thing. But that wasn't the same as one who truly fascinated him like this. Those he knew only a few dozen of, and Phoenix were ranking near - if not on - the top.

He wasn't going as far as calling her a confidante currently though. Mysteries were all find and dandy, but the shady sort of thing he did had details he'd not even go over with his own family. What he had said before about how he dealt with things were essentially what the most scrutinizing pony in his life knew, and that was really not giving details, because he knew that giving too much, could put him in jeopardy. You didn't openly go and flaunt about with proof that you had broken a severe amount of laws unless you were a fool.

As he thought over this, he felt the strength start to get back to him,a nd his sight clearing up more and more. Not enough to remove it completely, but to make it a lesser nuisance that only caused him some blank spots infrequently rather than as the general norm.

"Please don't overdo this Phoenix. You don't know what can happen if you go too far."

=========================================================

@EQ_Theta

Omen didn't respond to the voice and its taunting. She just tilted her head and looked confused int he path the voice came from, then went that way. It wasn't ideal, but right where she were when the voice spoke, she only had the one route to go with. She would have to get further in before she could have chosen another path, unless she wanted to chew through the walls.

The thought was somewhat tempting, but it sounded impractical. She wouldn't find much in here if she stopped to slowly gnaw herself through a stone wall or two, and Mother had been clear about them having to get a move on things.

She would wander in silence for a bit before the voice began again, yet this time she didn't ignore it. Question really were if the presence could hear her though. The way she spoke after all were to project her voice into the mind of those within a few meters of her. It was practical when underwater and things like that, but it did make her unable to yell for somepony further away than that, and in case of this being, did it even have a physical mind anywhere she could connect with? No brain, no path. Generally speaking.

"Can't chose between family. Family is everything, and not meant to be cast aside. So says Mother, and her word is always true."

If Legion couldn't hear her because he didn't have a physical presence in here, this were going to be a pretty one-sided deal, but they'd see. So far it had appeared as if the being had several bodies in its hold, so it was possible it had somepony here, though within a few meters? Hard to say. many places somepony could hide along the walls she supposed.

==================================================================

@WiiGuy2014

Alonsus would have answered, but at the point where Will addressed him, he stood near a bench himself, chest puffed forward and looking incredibly smug about himself with a big grin on his face, and three mares standing behind him. It seemed as if he were ready to sing himself, before he and the mares blinked a few times and seemed to jolt back into reality. The mares split pretty fast after that, with Alonsus standing back and at first looking pretty confused, then busting out a hearty laughter and tapping Willl on the shoulder.

"There is no reason to apologize Will. It seemed that much of the town, including Alonsus himself, got caught up in the mood as well. One must say that though Equestria does like to burst into song and dance now and again, this is the first time they have gotten me so gripped into things. And such a splendid moment it was! I always had such wonder about why the others mentioned that letting go and let the music flow with you were such a great time. If I had known this is how it would be, I would have attempted to blend in with these merry gatherings months ago."

He looked around on the other ponies who seemed to go back to being pretty sleepy and return to their homes, or go on their own business towards the tents or work area, in case it was their shift. The pegasi toying around with what seemed to be his sleeping cloud for the time being yawned and went back to rest on the thing, whilst the foal... No, not a foal, just Small Stack out on his nightly trip that had seemingly fell over a toy. Curious how the adult colt could look so much like a foal sometimes, but he supposed that with that height and it being night time, it could be a fair mistake.

"It did strike me as odd how I felt though. Many will tell you that I have a bloated ego, as hard as it may seem to you, but I have never felt it like I did there before. It was as if the entirety of the town were gratefully under my care, and they worshiped the ground whereupon I stepped. Quite puzzling.

But regardless, let us wander forward my friend. Though I think we should hold the singing back. Most ponies tend to sleep at this point in the night."

===============================================================

@Shineling @MaryxMelody @Maple Bat

"Awesome! Except big bro put me on a leash. Big ol' meanie."

"You were trying to run over and hug a giant dragon. If I hadn't leashed you, you'd be dinner."

Molotov's somewhat irritated response was largely ignored by Blitz who were nomming on her snack, and looking like the world was full of unicorns and rainbows.

Uhm... It is.

Shush, this is a human expression. Go back to the filly that just hugged you. And don't hurt her! I don't wanna change avatar.

"Hello, explodey filly and explodier stallion! I'm Anomaly. You're Pinkie's friends?"

"Uh... I know her coltfriend. Blitz is."

Molotov gave the draconequus a strange look, trying to figure out what he were supposed to say right now and if he should allow himself to get overly excited over meeting one of these mystical creatures.

"You can get excited if you want to. Isn't a... What's the expression... Oh, who cares? I don't mind."

"Great, a mind-reader. Like my old neighbor wasn't bad enough."

"I don't read minds. Human-things wrote your thoughts a- Hi Maple! Why're you knocking on the door to the baker?"

She didn't think it made a lot of sense as she bounced over to the mare, considering the lot of them were outside, except for the cooks who were in a nearby house. Or well, were. They had done enough for today so they had gone home.

Behind Maple, the dozen or so tiny plant clones that Anomaly had technically sent after the mare were still following her, and were about this time close enough to start to jump up against her legs and keep on the creepy chanting of *Friend forever*. Sort of like a miniature zombie army, but with no biting, scratching, or infection.

"Wait, I know! I read that a little ago. You wanted to ask about the Discord thing? I don't think it's smart of me to go. Human thing keeps saying Discord really don't like me, and I don't wanna fight. Think you can just give him this letter? It says hello."

She coffed up the letter from before, who now had *To Discord from Anomaly* written on the front in crayon. The message inside were pretty simple too. Just a regular old *Hello* that would circle around the piece of paper. It might change to other words after that, she wasn't sure. Chaotic letters from a distance was hard.

Back with the others, Molotov kept a close eye on Blitz, who had now started to hug Pinkie with a mouth full of cupcake and frosting, and let out a small sigh.

"You know, you'd think that after loosing her memory, she wouldn't act exactly like she did at home, but there you have it... Anyway, Pinkie, right? Mind filling Storm and me in on what in Equestria is going on here? First there was a huge dragon, then nothing, then we come here to see some kind of Draconequus? And... Is that a bipedal changeling? I swear this town is going to end up driving me mad. Unless it already haves and I'm hallucinating."

@Midnight_Aurora

"The second half of my name means poison, and is in an obscure, dead language. As such, I see little point in judging you for a name outside the norm either, unless it carries significant importance. If it does not, my prodding into uncovering it is a pointless endeavor.

As for you being capable if defending yourself, I will concieve it to be possible, but from what I can observe, I wouldn't even need a paralytic toxin to render you helpless. A sufficient blast of magic should do the trick, though as you mention several incarnations of yourself, attempting to harm you may be pointless as well. I would run some tests if there was a time for it, but for the time being, I will reserve my toxins for a more appropriate time and target."

Considering her names were a combination of said dead language for poison, and her first name, Belladonna, could make for a fine toxin, it shouldn't be too shocking to hear what she were meddling with, yet it still came behind some from her experience. A pity for them, but she didn't care much for their opinions. Everypony had their own specialties after all.

"Now then, you speak of this papers holding something of use. Let's see if it is decipherable."

Belladonna would use her horn, reach out for the paper, and when it got near her, she'd attempt to read it. Something which should not be an issue unless it was in code, or indecipherable in some other way.

==========================================================

@genessee

"Easy for you to say, you live int he acceptance country. In other countries life ain't that full of sugar and fluff. Especially not in Troy, where even thinking about anything anti-magical can get you a boot in the flank and a beating on your way out. Insolent, magic-dependent twerps..."

The disdain she had for her homeland were quite substantial, and if it wasn't because she dreamed of one day getting revenge on those who had harmed her and her family, she would never even consider getting within a hundred miles of the place.

"Quite frankly, I don't trust this place is much better yet. Rumors and stories are one thing, actions so far the same, but I won't let my guard down until I know it's completely safe. We can't afford to trust others."

Null looked around her suspiciously, before returning a somewhat more neutral glance to Lance.

"Ever felt like the world was against you? Riding your back with no end in sight? If you ever had, try to imagine feeling like that for twenty years. How'd you be with trusting others, even in a place that's named after all being equal?"

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

"Habadabau," Dawn tried to say but because her mouth was still too hot, it came out as a garble. She breathed in deeply, trying to get the air to cool her mouth but even that turned hot eventually. She hiccuped eventually and groaned. "Okay ... I dink .... gah. That wab hod," she said, her tongue feeling like it was going to fall out any minute now. "How boub you han dum haydobs?"

Edited by Dji

@Blitz Boom @Shineling @MaryxMelody

Maple was so caught up with the fact she didn't ask she didn't notice them outside. "Whoops my bad didn't notice you guys out here. Yea I'll take to him." she said taking it from him. She shook off the plant things that where climbing on her she had managed to tune out the weird chanting but when they jumped on her she couldn't help but notice them after knocking all of them off she flew off in order get away from them.

She then ran back over to Mary and said "Anomaly didn't want to come with us. So I guess it makes things less awkward."

@Blitz Boom

Lance opened his mouth and was about to retort, but paused, and instead muttured,

"Well, I suppose you're right, that would make it pretty hard to trust anypony."

He had always envied unicorns (and even moreso alicorns) as a colt, and while not as much anymore, the envy was still present. But at this moment he felt glad he wasn't a magic-user. 

1 hour ago, Blitz Boom said:

Much as he wasn't okay with this, Smokey didn't have the energy to try and move away again from Phoenix. Even if he did think it better that she did not waste her energy on somepony like him, the choice had been made by the mare, and the only thing he could really do were to just lie still on the ground and accept it, all the while thinking on how weakened she would be after this.

"I'm not leaving her here."

That was the first thought that came to mind when he thought on that scenario, where she were drained on the ground and he were unsteadily wandering around on borrow energy. Much as he were somewhat selfish at times and knew that in this life, thinking about yourself first were the only way to get somewhere long term, he couldn't just go ahead and do something like this. It was immoral and a pathetically petty thing to do, and especially after what she were doing now.

It wasn't just that he owed her more than taking a hike though. He would have done that for mostly anypony outside of the black and grey market circles, long as it didn't cause him to end up with a knife in his chest. Truth be told he actually enjoyed the company of Phoenix and how each layer that slowly peeled off seemed to reveal more questions than it answered. Mysteries intrigued him, just as a sharp wit did, and Phoenix had both in spades.

Granted, he had friends here and there in the lands. Contacts, those he spoke with, some family, that sort of thing. But that wasn't the same as one who truly fascinated him like this. Those he knew only a few dozen of, and Phoenix were ranking near - if not on - the top.

He wasn't going as far as calling her a confidante currently though. Mysteries were all find and dandy, but the shady sort of thing he did had details he'd not even go over with his own family. What he had said before about how he dealt with things were essentially what the most scrutinizing pony in his life knew, and that was really not giving details, because he knew that giving too much, could put him in jeopardy. You didn't openly go and flaunt about with proof that you had broken a severe amount of laws unless you were a fool.

As he thought over this, he felt the strength start to get back to him,and his sight clearing up more and more. Not enough to remove it completely, but to make it a lesser nuisance that only caused him some blank spots infrequently rather than as the general norm.

"Please don't overdo this Phoenix. You don't know what can happen if you go too far."

(let's not forget @Widdershins)

Phoenix simply sat there and watched as the golden stream of magic whisped it's way from her horn and into Smokey's. as she did so, she couldn't help but think about how Smokey seemed to care for her well-being. "why is that?" she wondered. perhaps he was growing fond of her too. it brought back some memories. 

images of her old village played like a slideshow in her head. she remembered the friends she had. the feeling was very similar. was she beginning to consider her a friend? that's a lot considering what she had put him through. without a doubt she was not the easiest pony to put up with. 

she closed her eyes as the stream of magic continued. she was feeling a bit dizzy, as if she had been overcome by vertigo. that, and her muscles simply seemed to be less responsive than normal. but, if she put up a good act, perhaps she could convince Smokey that it's nothing to worry about. 

after a couple more moments, the stream of magic seemed to fade, making sounds like the whipping of wind as it disappeared. she had finished doing what she needed to do. if she was correct, Smokey should now be back to around 90% of his normal strength. she would have gone farther, but Smokey was right. much farther and she wouldn't be able to simply shake it off. 

after she had finished, she pushed herself up onto all fours, and dug her hooves in a little bit in order to anchor herself. otherwise she might stumble or collapse. she looked down at Smokey, waiting for him to get up as well. 

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

"But what about you? Forget what you've been told and ask yourself the question. What do you believe? You can choose them or yourself."

For a moment, whoever was taunting Omen seemed to show a side that didn't suggest malice, rarely a thing comprehensible by evil, or so believed by many. Or it may know what it is and it is trying to exploit that to get a jump on Omen. Worsened by simply observing the siblings long enough to know what the concept of family ties means and what it could do to break it in the most painful way possible, maybe enough to weaken mother enough to claim her dominion. It has the resources to do so and it only needs Lin again, something the presence is already working on. 

Once more, the sound of the children echoed through the network of tunnels further in the cave, this time accompanied by a faint glowing light. Lin mentioned the glow whenever the focal orb is in use but this one flickered periodically and revealed one shadow out in a corner. Then a second flicker followed by a second shadow, then a third from a different direction. All of them were smaller than Sen, suggesting they are much younger. The first one came into view and it was a young child possessed by the presence in the cave, his head twitched every few seconds hinting at a method different from Legion's. The child spoke as it shambled closer to Omen before attempting to grab her, followed by the other two approaching from two sides.

"You don't know everything about your friends, do you? They didn't tell you the whole truth? About why they cling to you and your family so much? We do not need to be enemies. I don't have any quarrel with you but I can provide answers so long as we are in agreement." 

Edited by EQ_Theta

(edited)
16 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Midnight_Aurora

"The second half of my name means poison, and is in an obscure, dead language. As such, I see little point in judging you for a name outside the norm either, unless it carries significant importance. If it does not, my prodding into uncovering it is a pointless endeavor.

As for you being capable if defending yourself, I will concieve it to be possible, but from what I can observe, I wouldn't even need a paralytic toxin to render you helpless. A sufficient blast of magic should do the trick, though as you mention several incarnations of yourself, attempting to harm you may be pointless as well. I would run some tests if there was a time for it, but for the time being, I will reserve my toxins for a more appropriate time and target."

Considering her names were a combination of said dead language for poison, and her first name, Belladonna, could make for a fine toxin, it shouldn't be too shocking to hear what she were meddling with, yet it still came behind some from her experience. A pity for them, but she didn't care much for their opinions. Everypony had their own specialties after all.

"Now then, you speak of this papers holding something of use. Let's see if it is decipherable."

Belladonna would use her horn, reach out for the paper, and when it got near her, she'd attempt to read it. Something which should not be an issue unless it was in code, or indecipherable in some other way.

@Blitz Boom,

*Cosmic listens and then says,* "To be honest with you. The only thing I feel is wrong is that my power isn't active. Like it has been sealed or something." *Cosmic waits for her to finish. He then tries again to get up. This timeis succeeding with some difficulty. He then checks to make sure there isn't anypony heading towards them. He then turns to her and says,* "Can you keep a secret?"

*The ritual in the scroll is most ancient and Zebra in origin. It speaks of a fallen star and power from consuming others like it. The ritual is quite complicated and has very strict set of requirements for activating said ritual. If belladonna knows of the stars and their alignments, she also knows that this is potentially a very bad ritual that could bring allot of death and destruction if it is ever fully translated. She also finds several scraps of parchment that depicts alterations and adjustments for summoning beings from beyond the star, as it is stated on the scraps of paper.*

Edited by Midnight_Aurora

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

*You know,* Will thought to himself. *The way Alonsus looked like he was about to sing while having a trio of mares fawn over him makes me think of a certain Disney character. Let's hope Alonsus doesn't make the same mistakes as him* Aloud Will said to Alonsus, "Wait a minute, it's night?! But I thought was morning already! Ok, either the Royal Sisters were messing with the sun and moon to troll me, or I must have hit my head harder than I thought when I landed in the forest!" Will felt there wasn't much to do at night and needed his sleep. "So anyway, Alonsus. Is there someplace I can rest until morning? I haven't any money, but I need a roof over my head."

Edited by WiiGuy2014

(edited)

@Blitz Boom @widdershins

The wards did in fact let out a explosion of magic, not to large. More of a clash of magic sparks, Iron fell over and slid across the floor. Gasping as he realized the shields ere gone. Warlock grinned, seeing Misty helpless. "Time to deal with you." He ran at her, he formed a transmutation circle similar to what Iron Star created earlier, pulling out a spear like he did. With the same spell.

Misty created a shield and protected herself, Warlock flying over and pinned her to the ground, pointing the spear at her back. "Astral!"

She turned to her, narrowing her eyes at Warlock who smirked sily. She yelled out in anger as she charged to him. He opened a portal, sending her flying out, miles above where they were. But then Iron Star felt the loss of Misty's consciousness, from Warlock pinning her to the ground, with a fleshy cutting, and sound of cracking stone, clearly indicating to the blind earth pony that Misty was just impaled. "That was easy." He said with a chuckle, looking up, grabbing Astral as she tried to direct her falling body to him, he then threw her onto the floor.

She stood up, making a shield to protect herself from Chow's lashing out. "Hey! Friendly here!" She held him in place, unfortunately allowing the blood spear better access to him. The warding lashed out at the blood magic, disrupting the spell containing the blood but allowing Chow's fur to be stained by the blood. 

She then caught a glance at Misty's body on the floor, Warlock pulling out the spear after he got her attention. "We're similar you and I, we have dead families, tried to revive them." He glanced to her cutie mark, knowing what the picture was of. "But one of us had a different path." He created a shield as Astral tried to strike him. "Because a little filly stopped you." He tossed her away. "How adorable." He threw the spear at her, hitting her gem, cracking it and sending the spear flying away, causing it to release all the magic it had gathered, at Warlock. "AH!" He found himself flying at Athriel, who if she dodged he'd tumble on the floor, other wise her body would be the only one hurt.

The magic quickly burned out but left Warlock rather messed up as a result, Astral running over to cast healing onto the really injured zebra. Growling at Warlock. "You will suffer so much for this." Fire surrounded them as she prepped for teleport.

Iron Star looked to her. "We can't leave yet." He struggled to say. "Not with the element right there." He said the last bit prominently, Warlock's ears turning to him.

But before Astral could rush over and grab it so she could teleport with it, Warlock pushed her aside and picked it up, smiling at it expecting a rush of power, but then immediately had a question. "Wait, which element is this?" He asked looking down to it, then showing Athriel.

Nectar looked around, confused why Scarcity opened the portal here of all places. "Well, I guess so, since I don't know where they are." She said nervously chuckling. "It'd be much faster than flying anyways."

"May I ask why will we be talking to Tidal Wave? if that can be mentioned in front of them." He said, gesturing to the rest of the ponies in the room.

Edited by Lloyd

@Blitz Boom@Seamore Sandwich

While Serenade has indeed become better with her wings, I really need to thank Derpy againshe didn't have the stamina for quick racing. By the time Serenade makes it to the clocktown, she's wheezing and out of breath. She collapses as soon as her hooves touch the roof. "Evil....pony..." She manages to wheeze out with a smirk. 

@Twilight-Shimmer @Blitz Boom

Foxy was surprised at the fact she witnessed the creation of the Evergrown, even if Foxy only knew of their existence for a few hours.

"W... well I am just a normal pony with fox features that's all. I am pretty boring compared to you." The truth was, Foxy did not know why she was born like that. As far as she knew her family was consisted of normal ponies. Mostly Pegasi, but to be fox-like never made any sense. However, Foxy did not know her relatives a lot. She mostly spent time with her parents and friends. In fact, she never visited Cloudsdale where she was from until recently, and haven't talked much with her family there. Something seemed off, but there was no way to tell right now. For now she just assumed she was a little different by chance, and nothing too extreme, as was most likely.

Or so she tries to think.

"I honestly never seen any others like me, but that's probably because I was only made like this by chance. Lots of other ponies have manes and colorings that are unique. You said you were there for the Evergrown being created? I by chance know one from today." 

(edited)

[This takes place the following morning (See OOC thread)]

It was another gorgeous day! A pastel pink pony trotted happily down the street, bobbing her head and humming to her self, on her way to the Ponyville dance hall. She was wearing a bright blue scarf to help with the brisk autumn air. Every now and then she stopped to pick a flower and eat it, and occasionally to chat with other ponies running their morning errands or heading to work.

Edited by dosey doe

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

Storm trotted over, chuckling at the starstruck look on Blitz's face as she enjoyed her cupcake. "Hey Pinkie, how've things been going?" He asked, giving the pink party pony a nuzzle.

Pinkie grinned, pulling him into a big hug and nuzzle, "Things have been going great Stormy! I made some paper fish for a paper crane and a paper wolf tried to eat it and it got turned into a paper butterfly and I made some new friends and I gave some love muffins to that changeling-hybrid-guy-or-other, and you came back, and Blitzy is here, and new ponies and This is Anomaly, an awesome fun friend who can make stuff, and, and, and.." She squeezed Storm tighter and swung him around, causing his body to contort slightly and give off a noise not dissimilar to a squeaky toy, "Today is just so FUN-TASTIC!!!!~~"

Storm patted her back a bit as she let him down, a big smile on his face. "I'm glad to hear it!" He replied happily before pointing over at Molotov, "By the way, this is Molotov! Blitzy's big brother from a mystery town of sciences and stuffs!"

Pinkie gasped happily, running over to take and shake Molotov's hoof, and quite possibly shaking Molotov himself. "Nice to meet you Molotov! So you're Blitzy's brother? You're so lucky! Blitzy is such a great filly, anypony would want to be her family and you get to be that pony!" She took a deep breath after her little rant, "I'm Pinkie Pie by the way, but you can call me Pinkie! Ooo, is that a mecha-spider?! Cool!" she proceeded to appear next to Molotov, attempting to give the mechanical spider a gentle scritchy-scratchy under what could possibly pass for its chin area. "Who's a good spider? I bet you are! Yes you are!"

Edited by Shineling