Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did you like it better when Luna had a short mane or long mane?

DeadAccount

Aesthetically I find her flowing night mane more majestic and just ... cool. This is going to sound ridiculous but I do wonder what happens if you you hand in it. I mean, how did Pipsqueak not wind up in some interstellar dimension?

But yeah, it's just plain nifty to see the stars flowing rather than her first incarnation.

• Brohoof 2

I like to think her season one form was her weakened form. Like think about it, she didn't reappear again until the fourth episode of season 2. That's like 28 episodes to regain strength. When she was turned back to Luna at the end of the second episode she wasn't too much taller than the mane 6 and was a lot thinner. When she reappeared in Luna Eclipsed she was just a bit shorter than Luna and had a much longer, flowing mane like her sister. Makes you wonder if those pictures of Celestia when she was young with a pink mane could be her weakened form. Like if she went crazy like Luna and when she was turned back turned into a smaller, short pink maned Celestia or not.

But no. I didn't like when she had a shorter mane. It makes more sense to me that she has that long flowing space mane. UuU. She is one of the Royal sisters so it'd make sense for her to have a night themed flowing mane as opposed to a bright, colorful mane. Though I think it might sound odd, I kinda wish Celestia had a mane that was light a daytime sky. Not like with clouds or anything. Oh nevermind. It's hard to describe what I mean.

• Brohoof 1

This may sound strange, but I never liked her short mane from the pilot episode. Heck, I never really cared for her overall design at that point either. It just seemed so off-putting; it just never gelled with me. It's not terrible, but I'm glad that design never stuck.

Floaty, longer mane all the way. That cool effect it has, the way it looks like it could wrap around you and suck you into the night itself, and just the way it sparkles (move over Twilight) are absolutely amazing! Plus, I have always preferred longer hair on girls :lol: