Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What weather do you hate & why?

iceestarz

As much as I loathe the rain...I loathe the cold even more. I keep getting nose bleeds now that it's starting to get cold.

Seriously annoying, I was sleeping, woke up and thought my nose was running so I wipe it with my arm. It still feels runny so I grab my phone in the pitch black dark and shine it on my arm and there's blood all over it and my pillow. I jump up and smash into my wall a million times before finding my door; I'm pretty sure I stepped on my ukelele and broke it...it took forever to get the bleeding to stop.

Now I'm up for school an hour earlier than normal. >_> cause I have trouble falling back asleep.

• Brohoof 4

@, I get nosebleeds from the cold as well, if I don't take preventative action.  (Actually, I think it's caused by the dry air that accompanies the cold, rather than the cold itself.  But whatever.)  Here's a tip: get a nice lip mosturizer.  Not like crummy old Vaseline, but something more pleasant.  I use Unpetroleum Jelly.  Before you go to bed, get a small dollop on your finger, stick it up your nose and swirl it about.  I know, I know,  :eww: , but it's a hell of a lot better than pouring in blood every morning, which is what happens do me if I don't mosturize.  Since I started doing this, I never get nosebleeds.  Some people might recommend a nasal spray or something.  Idk.  I hate those things.  Too much of them can actually dry you out more.  But my technique is foolproof.  Try it.  Your problems will be solved.

Oh yes, so as for your question, I hate WEATHER.  Of any kind.  PERIOD.  I like calm, still, clement, warm sunshine.  Yes, I know, I'm a bizarre anomaly.  Most people seem to love inclement weather.  Hell, where I live, most people seem like they'd be content to live on top of Mt. Everest, inside a tornado, inside a volcano, at the bottom of the ocean.  Me?  Oh, I'm bound to go where there ain't no snow, where the rain don't fall, the wind don't blow in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Edited by Justin_Case001
  • Brohoof 1

I hate heat, sun, humidity, and no wind, and especially the combination of them all. I'm very sensitive to the heat, and in the right (wrong?) conditions even the 60s can feel too warm for me.

In truth I hate severe thunderstorms with tornadoes more than anything, though. Because I really, really do not want to have to lose my family and house, and/or get trapped under debris still alive.

• Brohoof 3

@, I get nosebleeds from the cold as well, if I don't take preventative action. (Actually, I think it's caused by the dry air that accompanies the cold, rather than the cold itself. But whatever.) Here's a tip: get a nice lip mosturizer. Not like crummy old Vaseline, but something more pleasant. I use Unpetroleum Jelly. Before you go to bed, get a small dollop on your finger, stick it up your nose and swirl it about. I know, I know, :eww: , but it's a hell of a lot better than pouring in blood every morning, which is what happens do me if I don't mosturize. Since I started doing this, I never get nosebleeds. Some people might recommend a nasal spray or something. Idk. I hate those things. Too much of them can actually dry you out more. But my technique is foolproof. Try it. Your problems will be solved.

Haha yeah I meant to get spray or something along the lines of that. I just forgot how dry the air can be in Texas. I moved to Washington for a couple years and it was always humid so I never had the issue there, but I moved back to Texas and forgot to take precautions. Which is why I'm getting these damn nosebleeds again. I'm really forgetful...Thanks for the tip, I'll have to try that :P

• Brohoof 2

I'm a lover of storms, heavy snow, 50 degree weather and blizzards. Who doesn't like being all cold or wrapped in a blanket? xD Cold-Weather and winter is what I prefer. If it's around 90 out, it's humid, no wind, and the sun is right out, I'd hate it >x< 

Something kind like 60F out, a few clouds and a light wind is perfect.

• Brohoof 1

trapped under debris still alive.

Better than trapped under debris and dead, surely?

I dislike dreary, rainy days. If the weather decides to put on a show with a full-on downpour, thunder and spectacular lightning, then I'll enjoy the show. (However on occasions I have to actually go out in said weather, I'm less pleased about it.) But patchy rain combined with overcast skies are just dull. I'll only forgive the clouds if they give me a rainbow.

I dislike very hot weather. Here in Australia, we'd be very lucky if snow appeared... but most of the time it's always around 30-45 degrees Celsius. It doesn't help that I live in the driest state in Australia. At least we have tonnes of beaches and pools.

I generally hate cold and windy weather. All I want are days with clear blue skies and warmth.

Give me my Sun, goddamnit!  :angry:

I hate weather that mixes hot weather with extreme levels of humidity. It's been a long time since I remember being in conditions that feel hot and sticky at the same time and I hope I don't go back to it.

I dislike very hot weather. Here in Australia, we'd be very lucky if snow appeared... but most of the time it's always around 30-45 degrees Celsius. It doesn't help that I live in the driest state in Australia. At least we have tonnes of beaches and pools.

I grew up in Sydney, and was pretty shocked about a month ago when I read the news that it had been not only snowing in Sydney (which is almost unheard of), but had been snowing in Sydney in October! I imagine the snow was mostly over the mountains, but still...

• Brohoof 1

I grew up in Sydney, and was pretty shocked about a month ago when I read the news that it had been not only snowing in Sydney (which is almost unheard of), but had been snowing in Sydney in October! I imagine the snow was mostly over the mountains, but still...

Luckily there's enough snowfall in Mount Kosciuszko to ski on, throw snowballs with and make snowmen. I don't get any snowfall here because I live in South Australia.