Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Is Your Favorite Thing About My Little Pony?

Petrus

To be honest you guys, I'm just curious as to what you guys feel are YOUR favorite things about the show! For example my favorite things about the show are, the art style, and Rainbow Dash. 

• Brohoof 1

Dashie

and then everything else

Who can say no to MLP? (Except EX-Fans, haters, not interested ones, trolls, animals, plants, buildings, ...)

Think that sums it up right nicely

But if I went into specifics, I'd say primarily the level of work thats put into the show, the attention given to its characters, the music numbers (most of them at least), and its awesomely cool devoted fanbase. B)

• Brohoof 5

MLP is just light-years ahead of every other cartoon on TV right now. The art style is beautiful, welcoming, and detailed, the writing is very sharp, never talking down to its audience, catering to diverse tastes and blurring genre and demographic lines, the show creates compelling, identifiable characters and a fun, expanding, and evolving world, and the technical presentation of the show, including the songs, reflects the show's atmosphere and progression greatly.

It goes way beyond just giving us a best pony. My Little Pony is best pony. ;)

• Brohoof 8

I like the art style (being done so well for Flash) and the expressiveness of the characters, and also how everyone involved in the show really does seem to care about what they're doing. They're not just in it for the paycheck.

The writing is also surprisingly good for what the show is "supposed to be." It doesn't rely on lazy/cheap "stupid" type humor that so many cartoons seem to resort to these days. >_>

The positivity at the core of the show is something I noticed early on. It's rare to find anything on TV these days that isn't filled with

cynicism, negativity and/or stupidity.

I also really like the fan art/animations.

Oh and Discord, of course. :umad:

Edited by steve88
  • Brohoof 2

My favorite thing about the show is probably the fanart more than anything else. The characters translate well into other artstyles. I spend more time looking up fanart than I do watching the show.

• Brohoof 2

My favorite thing about the show is the animation, it is well-detailed and really creative for a show created in Adobe Flash, So yeah it is my favorite thing about the show, besides other little details that makes this show good.

• Brohoof 2

Gee, well I love the style, and the art it has inspired. I think the writing is clever, it has little clever subtleties to it that are nice to watch. I also really love the comics too, those are great! I for the most part think the brony community is great too! I also like the excuse to like something "girly" like MLP too!  ;)  As far as what I like in the show, I pretty much like all the main characters, they pretty much have times when they do something at least a little annoying (what show doesn't?), but they are all usually great!

Oh, yes, and fanart fanart fanart :yay:  <3

• Brohoof 2

I mostly concur with what @@@Wind Chaser, and @ said. As children's shows go, it has surprisingly well-crafted characters. The animation might be two-dimensional, but the writing isn't. It's also brightly coloured and cute and fun to look at. And it has great music. And Twily.

• Brohoof 2

my favorite thing about it is luna (and the tyrek fight)

The Tirek fight was definitely one of the best scenes of the show. I've always been a fan of Shounen anime and manga where characters gradually get more powerful as the series goes by so seeing Twilight go from barely being able to teleport to full-on ass-kickery against god-Tirek was amazing.

• Brohoof 2

Gee, well I love the style, and the art it has inspired. I think the writing is clever, it has little clever subtleties to it that are nice to watch. I also really love the comics too, those are great! I for the most part think the brony community is great too! I also like the excuse to like something "girly" like MLP too!  ;)  As far as what I like in the show, I pretty much like all the main characters, they pretty much have times when they do something at least a little annoying (what show doesn't?), but they are all usually great!

Oh, yes, and fanart fanart fanart :yay:  <3

You know I dunno if the show would be quite as girly, or get as much crap as it does, if it weren't for the MLP name. Makes you wonder what the show would be like if it wasn't attached to the franchise. Would it change at all? Would people's perception of it change? Would it be nearly as popular? Curiosity abound.

That's probably another one of my favorite things about the show. It brings to light many oddities in our society and the way people think.

• Brohoof 3

That fight with Tirek was pretty unexpected! I guess they have more licence to make the show more dramatic/exciting at times with the huge adult fanbase.

There's no doubt that even if it was originally created as a family program that the larger than expected adult male fanbase has fueled some of their better decisions to expand the show.

Mostly how cute it is, how smooth and beautiful the animation is and the storytelling. The show always keeps surprising me too, of which Pinkie's rap and the Tirek fight are examples of ^_^

Pinkie's rap. So much yes. It just came out of nowhere. As soon as I saw it I dubbed it one of the greatest moments in MLP history.

• Brohoof 5