Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What things did MLP make you interested in other than ponies?

Osiria

Maud made me interested in rocks. I went to see Twelve Apostles after watching Maud Pie..what do you know, Sediments did make me sentimental! :maud:

I am also interested in partiology now...if that's a real thing..

Did anyone else find new interests from watching MLP?

Hippology?Mythology?Cosmetology?Astronomy? Or history maybe?

• Brohoof 1

I watched that PMV that everyone I assume has seen with You're Gonna Go Far Kid sped up and pitched. Well from there I looked into The Offspring and now their album Smash is one of my favorite ones ever. Thanks MLP lol :D

Edited by LZRD WZRD

MLP:FiM has made me a fan of animation in general. At first I wasn't too sure about trying out new things thanks to my closed minded attitude, but after watching this series, I knew that I had to check out other popular cartoons I missed. Granted, I haven't watched too many after MLP:FiM, but there are certainly so many cartoons I need to get watching soon.

• Brohoof 4

Well, sort of like Jay Cross, drawing. I kind of wanted to draw EQG style and now my anatomy is a whole lot better, its funny looking through my class notes because I can see how my doodles progressed from "eugh" to "nice".

It also made me kind of want to animate and write more, but it was just kind of like an enhancer since I saw myself heading that way already (I have a few stories that I've been thinking of and drastically changing since middle school)

• Brohoof 2

@@Osiria, I have moved this topic from Show Discussion to Sugarcube Corner. Show Discussion is for discussing aspects of the FiM show in particular, whilst more general discussion of MLP is better suited for Sugarcube Corner. Whilst you have stated watching FiM as the inspiration, the consequent discussion is more expansive and thus more suitable for Sugarcube Corner.

If you require further information, I have included the links for the summarising guides for both sections :) (Please PM me or another member of staff if you have further questions )

Sugarcube Corner: http://mlpforums.com/topic/5122-welcome-to-sugarcube-corner/

Show Discussion: http://mlpforums.com/topic/3398-welcome-to-show-discussion/

MLP reinvigorated my interest in art and music, my Deviant art page is chock full of pony artwork, I am impressed by the creativity of the bronies, in many ways from pony vectors, to link sketches, so much so I want to start drawing again, to make some frivolous drawing, also I want to learn to animate, like Jan Animations, it was amazing to see what a fan could do with an idea and a painting program. I have a large collection of musical instruments, so I also want to write and compose music again too, I use to be good at writing tone and rhythm, I should try to write some great music again, but whatever I do MLP got me interested to be creative at my talents again, someday I will put that on-line, to share it with the fans. 

• Brohoof 1

After watching a couple PMVs, I figured I would try my hand at making one and see how it turned out.  Luckily it turned out good, but not the best, but still good enough for me to produce three more PMVs and counting.

Edited by VictiniStar101

Um, fashion I guess.  I've kind of always had an interest in fashion, though.  I would say that FIM (and maybe more so this community) gave me the courage to experiment and do more with it, rather than the show making me interested to begin with.

Can't think of much. Ponies have had crossovers with lots of things I've already liked but haven't really gotten me into anything new. Team Fortress 2 is all I can think of, since there are countless pony mods for it, it's free, and there's no end to the SFM videos people make of TF2 characters with ponies.

Fashion

Ever since I saw rarity and how she responded to fashion. After all I got to look good for at least a good first impression.

And

To increase my social life. Before I talked only when I needed to , but now I talk whenever I want.