Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does your favorite color relate to your favorite pony?

Andrebeccus

Well, there ya have it!

What is your favorite color and why. Is your favorite pony sporting your favorite color?

So, recently I have changed my very favorite color from green to blue. My favorite pony is not green or blue. She's orange. My favorite pony used to be green, but not the same shade as my favorite shade of green. However green is green and I love green, next to blue. What really influences my choice for best pony is if they are a true and honest pony at heart with good intentions. 

{PS} What influences your choice for best pony?

Teal be my favorite color, idk why it is just my favorite, it just has a really smooth look to it that is very pleasing to the eyes imo, but no my favorite ponies are not that color. If you combine both of their eye colors together it makes it though :squee:

As for what influences my choice for best pony, besides all of the main stuff like personality and all of that, cuteness is something that influences my pick of favorite pony, I have a soft spot for anything cute.

Edit: After reading below I see what this is really about, nah my favorite color has nothing to do with my favorite pony in the slightest.

Edited by A. Dazven
  • Brohoof 1

Hello @Andrebeccus!

Considering that the thread title was a little confusing in regards to the actual point of your topic, I went ahead and edited it so that it reflects your opening post.

When I first saw the title, I was getting ready to move it to "General Discussion" as at first glance it didn't have much or anything to do with FiM. Once I read your opening post I could see what you were trying to.

Instead of just closing the thread, I feel like this is a valid topic and as such I want to keep it around. As such, please keep in mind what you have in mind for your topic, and please reflect that in the title so any confusion can be avoided. :)

Thank you, and have a good day. :)

• Brohoof 1

Rarity's my favourite pony, but only her cutie mark and eyes are blue. Her eyes have a nice shade of blue, though.

What influences my pick for best pony is how well they've performed in the show. If there is a really good episode starring themselves, then I start to like them a bit more.

• Brohoof 1

My favourite colour's always been blue- I love how natural and free-spirited it looks, especially when it's the colour of the sky and the sea :) It's just a very calming colour for me, and looking at it helps me think a few thoughts ;)

My favourite pony (who you can probably guess :P) has blue eyes, but that's pretty much it. As for what influences my choice for best pony, I'd say it's a mixture of relatability, visual appeal (in other words, cuteness :squee:) and whether they're the sort of pony I'd like to be friends with. ;)

Not even close for me, if that had any relation Lyra would probably be my favorite pony. I have always liked the color green.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy

My favorite color is blue (especially dark blue) and my favorite pony is Comet Streak, JingleWolf's OC. :P Comet Streak is a periwinkle color, so I guess that's sorta similar.

My favorite canon pony though is Applejack, and she's the opposite of blue. :derp:

• Brohoof 1

Well, if you look at Overdrive, he's red. My favorite pony is white, but I thought his color scheme in general just fit. My favorite pony, by the way, is Royal Blue Jay's OC, Wolf Tracks.

My favourite colour is red and has been for a long time. It really didn't have a bearing on my favourite pony except that she has red apples for a cutie mark, but that's pretty much a coincidence.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm...my favourite colours are blue, purple and mint green, and Fluttershy is my favourite pony so nope XD But I have always liked soft pastel colours and I think Fluttershy's colour scheme is pretty, although I'm pretty certain she'd be my favourite no matter what colour she was, since it's her personality I fell in love with :squee:

With some other ponies who have less personality, though, colours/design probably play more of a part - I LOVE Coco's colour scheme, for example, which probably made me notice her more from the beginning though it's also not the only reason I love her. Good character design is definitely a plus and more aesthetically pleasing, but there needs to be a bit more, or at least the potential for more, to a character for me to really like them :)  (King Sombra is a good example of a character who I think has a great design, but zero personality or depth to him which is why he's my least favourite villain)

Edited by Coco before Pommel
  • Brohoof 1