Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How well would you be able to adjust being a Pony?

Azureth

"Why am I standing on four legs?! WTF happened to my face?! Why am I frigging naked?!" I then try to walk on twos and everypony thinks I'm weird and I try to act like them... I'll then convince myself that this is just a dream and I try to pinch myself but I have no freaking hands!!!

It would likely be like Twilight's entrance into the human world only in reverse... 

• Brohoof 2

Well, if it's just like in Equestria Girls, the magic would only allow me to adjust to the new body so much - i mean, i'd have to get used to is moving around. The center of balance, bone structure and weight are a problem - my mind is rigged for a bipedal movement, but for a four-legged creature, i'll need to learn the basic instincts from the very beginning.

There are further problems, however. Digestion - i would need sustenance to prolong my existence... naturally, after a while, my stomach would send signals to my brain, demanding it to be filled with nutrients. I might have trouble spotting 'desirable' food sources for an equine herbivore, and avoiding eating things that ponies can't digest or can be harmed by.

Not only that, but smell, sight and hearing. Equine hearing is much keener than human hearing. The differently positioned eyes (placed more sideways, a herbivore trait, as opposed to a human's forward-facing eyes, a predator trait), with different level of focus. The different cues i would pick up from my senses would likely take a bit to get used to, i'm probably expecting a huge vertigo on day one here.

Finally, magic and flight are inherently alien to me as a human, so it would be nigh impossible for me to master either of those qualities without significant help and dedication.

• Brohoof 5

Freak out.....

"What the feck happened?"

"OMG I SEE TALKING PONIES!"

Ends up running into the door while trying to stand up....

I think that this answer should have two steps...

In the first phase.. Immediately after waking up, I'd be confused. Maybe scared, until i figured out what happened and maybe got help from someone. ... Somepony.

Then, long term... I think I'd adjust nicely. No, I wouldn't miss our modern technology so much if I'm busy living a live that is simpler than that.

• Brohoof 1

"I'd rather be a Kirby, but this'll do for now."

And then, my master plan of getting Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash together would begin... WITH DUCT TAPE!   :blink: (And RariJack too if I have the time)

Well...... I'd have no fingers..... Or toes..... My nose and mouth would be extended off my face, my ears would be long and apposible, and I'd be covered in fur, and be forced to walk of four over sized toenails.... I'd take some getting used to for sure.

• Brohoof 4

It would be much easier if I was a unicorn with telekinesis,

Waking up to an unexpected body switch would be traumatic at first. I would be far more comfortable if other ponies were nearby--even if they were other humans suddenly transformed like me.

If i'm my own character "Petrus" I would be fine.. Are you kidding me! A magic Blue Unicorn that can control the elements, and has snake eyes! Who wouldn't love that!! 

Edited by Petrus

Just another way of living.

To be honest from my standpoint life is life, weather I would be a Dragon, or a pony, or whatever, so long as I cam get around and talk, I am fine and happy.

I admit each race would have it's pros and cons, but somehow I think a Pony could conversly wonder what it would be like to be human.

I think I'd be kinda freaked out at first... since such things aren't really possible (or I wouldn't have thought so before that), and I'd spend a lot of time wondering whether I was crazy or dreaming.. but then I'd start checking out my pony form and I'd get distracted (swish mah tail, wiggle mah ears, run on my new four legs, etc.) 

After a while, I suppose I'd figure out it wasn't a dream or hallucination (or I'd accept that if it was there was nothing I could do about it anyway), and I'd adjust and learn to live there. In fact, after a while, I think I'd find that I do better there than I do in the human world. XP

• Brohoof 2

I'd be pretty shocked at first naturally :o:blink: Then I'd look in a mirror and make sure I was really what I thought I was. I'd pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming...and then I'd scream loudly in joy :lol: Edited by Pink Mist
  • Brohoof 1

If I arrive in Equestria with amnesia, do you think it would be easier to adapt to walking on all fours? I mean, as humans, we started moving on all fours. All long as I grow food like pasta, apples, and carrots, I should be fine food-wise. And as long as I can feed my brain knowledge from reading in a library or from talking with others, I should be fine with a goal in life.

• Brohoof 1