Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Scootaloo.

I have some odd questions I'd like to share. It's all about Equestria and its universe, faster or not your seat belt since this will be crazy ehem:

1) Why Princess Celestia is not a Queen? Who are the Queen and King!?

2) What's beyond Equestria, is it a round planet just like Earth!?

3) What would happen if a pony finds his her special talent but later in life she he realises she he doesn't want to do that anymore? Would his her cutie mark change!?

4) Why parasprites don't devore the Everfree forest!?

5) Why do ponies have a cutie mark? Who or how do they appear? Magic? I don't think so!

6) What if a crystal pony has an accident and breaks a leg shall it shatter into pieces just like glass!?

7) What are ponies made of!?

8) How was Equestria made!?

9) Celestia and Lunas parents!?

10) Why do Pegasus have to clear the skies? Isn't that supposed to be a nature issue?

11) Who was the first pony to exist?

12) Why there's no sea ponies?

That's more than enough, now, please, please, answers like: because magic, it's just a cartoon, don't care, don't know, hi!, are OK but...seriously? Be creative and say something cool! :)

• Brohoof 4

1) the reason Celestia is a princess, as well as the other three, and not referred to as a queen is because queens have been noted as evil as opposed to princesses who are sweet and good. Not the case for every queen, but ya know. Hence King Sombra and Queen Chrysalis.

2) I'm assuming it's round. Didn't Pinkie say something about their planet being round in the Hearth's Warming Eve episode with that play?

3) their special talent is something they enjoy doing typically or is associated with something they love. But I'm not certain since we haven't explored this idea in the show. So no saying how it could play out.

4) because parasprites are...losers. :nom:

5) lol idk. Honestly it's kinda weird. Umm...hur dur an invisible magical fairy flies onto their butt and bestows them with a cutie mark.

6) crystal ponies can not be destroyed. Only a dragon can chew through their crystallized bodies. Or maud.

7) meat. And bones. And meat. Oh and sparkles.

8) Pinkie was just a filly out working in the fields at the rock farm, but then she saw the most amazing rainbow and it taught her to smile. She was so happy that she wanted her family to feel the same way so she threw a party and got her cutie mark.

9) FAUSTICORN

10) because punk clouds don't wanna be crunk and do it nature's way. Only the Everfree wants to be independent.

11) obviously Charlie the Unicorn

12) um...I don't know. There was sea ponies in the pirate comic arc.

• Brohoof 1

I remember reading somewhere that Hasbro made her a princess so she'd be more appealing to the younger audience.

Considering they have the sun and moon schedule like us, I'd say so.

3) What would happen if a pony finds his her special talent but later in life she he realises she he doesn't want to do that anymore? Would his her cutie mark change?!

I don't believe they'd find a special talent later in life. The talent that they're born with is theirs for life.

I didn't even see this episode so I don't know.

5) Why do ponies have a cutie mark? Who or how do they appear? Magic? I don't think so!

Yes, I think it's magic since magic exists in Equestria due to the unicorns.

6) What if a crystal pony has an accident and breaks a leg shall it shatter into pieces just like glass!?

It'll grow back? lol I don't know. Maybe it's unbreakable.

Meat.

Dunno.

Lauren Faust stated that they have no parents.

10) Why do Pegasus have to clear the skies? Isn't that supposed to be a nature issue?

I guess not in Equestria. :s

Since Celestia apprently has no parents, she's immortal and the eldest sister, I'd say Celestia.

There are sea ponies in the MLP FIM book "Under the Sparkling Sea"

• Brohoof 2

I think the answer to question 11 was that the first pony goes to around the first stage of the horse in evolution and equstria made was made after nuclear tests were made on horses and basically something went wrong and the whole world turned to what equstria looks like and became animals and promised that they will destroy all the modern equipment of the world and start again,

I probably won't cover all of these, but here is my analysis.

1) I would say Celestia is not a Queen because she isn't married, but then that raises the question why princess Cadence isn't a queen. (for she is married)

2) who knows what's beyond. There are many distant lands the ponies have yet to discover. they're world may be round. but for all we know, they could be living on a discworld atop the backs of 4 elephants who in turn, are on the back of a giant sea turtle 

3)I've thought of this before. I'm just gonna say when a pony gets his/her cutie mark, it is a true realization of self. Only when they truly know their destiny for sure will they obtain a cutie mark.

6) maybe they would shatter. they are crystal. hopefully their made of really tough crystal that's really hard to break

7)Marshmallow 

10) Pegasi probably don't HAVE to manage the weather. but they totally can do it. (and if you could, wouldn't you?)

12) There haven't been any episodes where they went out to sea. They may just not have discovered them yet.

Welp... there you go. I don't think I truly answered any questions though

Edited by TheFunk

1) Why Princess Celestia is not a Queen? Who are the Queen and King!? Because of Disney
2) What's beyond Equestria, is it a round planet just like Earth!? Equestria is a country from the looks of it. The official maps shows a Griffon nation beyond Equestria
3) What would happen if a pony finds his her special talent but later in life she he realises she he doesn't want to do that anymore? Would his her cutie mark change!? Probably not, the Cutie Mark could be symbolic 
4) Why parasprites don't devore the Everfree forest!? Because it's the Everfree
5) Why do ponies have a cutie mark? Who or how do they appear? Magic? I don't think so! They appear by magic, but the pony has to know what their true calling is
6) What if a crystal pony has an accident and breaks a leg shall it shatter into pieces just like glass!? They're probably only crystal in an aesthetic sense, and are most likely organic
7) What are ponies made of!? Meat and bones
8) How was Equestria made!? Rocks
9) Celestia and Lunas parents!? Dead
10) Why do Pegasus have to clear the skies? Isn't that supposed to be a nature issue? To make the MLP world and denziens more interesting
11) Who was the first pony to exist? Some horse
12) Why there's no sea ponies? Because the show hasn't introduced them yet

Edited by Megas75

1) Why Princess Celestia is not a Queen? Who are the Queen and King!? 2) What's beyond Equestria, is it a round planet just like Earth!? 3) What would happen if a pony finds his her special talent but later in life she he realises she he doesn't want to do that anymore? Would his her cutie mark change!? 4) Why parasprites don't devore the Everfree forest!? 5) Why do ponies have a cutie mark? Who or how do they appear? Magic? I don't think so! 6) What if a crystal pony has an accident and breaks a leg shall it shatter into pieces just like glass!? 7) What are ponies made of!? 8) How was Equestria made!? 9) Celestia and Lunas parents!? 10) Why do Pegasus have to clear the skies? Isn't that supposed to be a nature issue? 11) Who was the first pony to exist? 12) Why there's no sea ponies?

1) The King and Queen are the Sun and Moon themselves.

2) That's not information they're supposed to know yet. The government is keeping it secret to dumb down the masses.

3)  Nope. Once your stuck, you're stuck. But you can have a different area in the field of your cutie mark. For instance, Rarity's cutie mark is diamonds, but she is a dressmaker, not a jeweler. 

4) Because they know better.

5) They appear by some adolescent trait. It's like the pony equivalant to puberty I would think. And that by a certain age you become predestined. It's like an internal mlp GOAT exam. 

6) No. A crystal pony just has a shinier coat, they're not actually made of crystal.

7) Cells (and in this case, pixels)

8) Supernova like cosmic disruption spaceywacey timeywimey stuff

9) Are sentient beings. They either live in the Core of Equestria or in alternate dimension

10) Because they had to make them useful somehow. 

11) Buttons 

12) Deep sea exploration hasnt really been well researched in Equestria.

Because princesses are more appealing to young girls and queen seems to carry negative connotations. 

It's round based off the sun and moon cycles, and Equestria is more than likely a continent so there's probably tons of other creatures and locations beyond it. 

3) What would happen if a pony finds his her special talent but later in life she he realises she he doesn't want to do that anymore? Would his her cutie mark change!? 

They're screwed lmao, but really just because its their cutie mark doesn't mean they have to do that talent, it just means they're good at it. 

In Everfree, there's not a whole lot of objects to even eat, plus the possibility of predators. 

Magic and their destinies. 

No? Crystal ponies are more than likely made of flesh but just have the look of crystals. 

Flesh and the hopes and dreams of children :3

Who knows, ponies just started inhabiting more than likely. 

Don't exist.

The weather in Everfree moves by itself so it could be assumed that in densely populated areas pegasi control the weather so they have complete control which lowers the chance of natural disasters. 

Princess Celestia

"Under the Sparkling Sea" book has seaponies but as for the show, they may have just not been shown yet, the breezies which are basically based off of G3 just now got shown in season 4.

I have some odd questions I'd like to share. It's all about Equestria and its universe, faster or not your seat belt since this will be crazy ehem:

Children in general find queens as evil, whil Princesses are considered good.

Most likely a planet very similar to earth, and I'd imagine it's covered in differant nations.

Probably not, as the cutie mark marks a ponies talent, not nessasarily their interests.

They most likely are derived from magic and disappear from existence over time.

What I gather from the season 5 finale is that every pony has magic. It's what gives earth ponies their strength, and pegasai the ability to land on clouds. Maybe we will never know.

They are not made of Crystal. It's just an aesthetic.

Organic compounds like any other living thing.

I believe they explained this in season 4

I would say a powerful unicorn and pegusus couple from very ancient pony history.

The ever free forest works the way our world works (loosely) the tree of harmony is what keeps Equestria tame and under ponies control.

This is impossible to answer.

They probably exist, but have yet to be discovered by the other three races.

I think that Luna and Celestia are = to a King or Queen. Nither are more important than the other.

Thats a hard question. I think its a round planet and their is more beyond Equestria. I'm a bit confussed how the sun really moves around the planat, so any thing out side of the borders live in a different way.

Retirement mady, posibaly a hobby. At that point I wouldn't care if I was a pony.

Well I don't like tomatos.

Cutie mark repersent a pony's destiny and talent. All ponies have some amount of magic; I'm shure its connected.

Ummmmm. Magic...I've got nothing

Cells,skin, we do have real ponies.
8) How was Equestria made!?]

The magic of friendship made the 3 pony tribs conjoin in to one nation. AKA: Harthwarming phenomenon

Dead or L+C were born from a singal drop of the sun and moon.

Pegasus have always had to control the weather for the earth ponies for food. Weather is uncontrolable in the Everfree forest.

GOD!

Well the sirens are sort of sea ponies, I think. We just haven't seen them in this Generation.

I'll try my best to answer these questions :/

A: Because they (you know who I'm referring to) thought Queen is evil, so they made Celestia as "Princess". 

A: Yes I think so because Luna and Celestia is responsible for controlling the Sun and the Moon and you can see the Sun and the Moon going around. Not sure.

A: Highly doubt it. Their cutiemark won't change or disappear (Except when Tirek took the ponies' magic)

A: Why would they devore the Everfree forest when they're busy dancing? :)

A: When they find their special talent. Why do ponies have a cutie mark? To make them adorable in my point of view

A: I don't think they will break apart because of um..magic..?

A: Matter

A: 3 pony tribes...? And together formed Equestria?

A: They're the only ones who can fly (Not including Alicorns) and they're responsible for it?

No pony was born first. I think. 

We didn't really see "The Ocean".

Edited by Assassin/Simon

I just wanted to take a whack at this question. The answer is obvious. Parasprites have such a fast and intense reproductive rate, because something in the Everfree forest is EATING them a a furious rate!

• Brohoof 1

Considering they have the sun and moon schedule like us, I'd say so"

Just curious, because this made me curious, Celestia raises the sun at that ceremony is it on a set schedule the rest of the time? Thanks :)

Just curious, because this made me curious, Celestia raises the sun at that ceremony is it on a set schedule the rest of the time? Thanks :)

I personally think that Luna and Celestia have like a biological clock where they just know at the specific moment in time when they must raise their planet/star.

Edited by Couleur
  • Brohoof 1

I personally think that Luna and Celestia have like a biological clock where they just know at the specific moment in time when they must raise their planet/star.

It would be a pretty cool episode if they somehow explained this :D But realistically wouldn't that be annoying to Celestia/Luna? I mean their subjects (the Pegasus) put clouds in to hide the sun/moon. I never really thought much about this till now

Equestria is a principality - i.e. a land ruled by a prince or princess. There are many principalities in real life, such as Andorra, Wales, and Monaco.

That said, at least one book (The Big Book of Equestria) does refer to Princess Celestia as being the queen of Equestria. It is possible to hold multiple titles simultaneously - for example, Queen Elizabeth II is Queen of the United Kingdom, but also Duke of Normandy, and Lord of Mann. It is possible that Celestia is both a queen and a princess, but prefers to use the title of princess for most purposes to put her on an equal footing with her younger sister.

It is possibly round. The cosmos in Equestria seems different from ours. For example, rather than Equestria orbiting the sun, the sun is raised and lowered by the monarch.

There certainly exist lands beyond the borders of the area ruled by the two princesses. Zecora's home land for example. And Chrysalis' kingdom. Places like Saddle Arabia and Maretonia may also be outside Equestria.

Rarity.

Rarity's special talent is finding gems, but her passion in life is fashion. She does use gems in her designs quite often, but that's understandable. If you're really good at drawing, but enjoy writing stories for children, then it wouldn't be surprising if you not only wrote children's books, but also illustrated them.

Rarity's cutie mark didn't change when she took up dress designing though.

Similarly, Twilight Sparkle's special talent is magic, but her job for much of the series was as Ponyville's librarian.

Possibly they don't like much of the stuff that grows there.

Yes, magic. This can be seen in the season 4 finale. When ponies have their magic drained, their cutie mark disappears.

The crystal is not especially brittle. Otherwise they wouldn't be able to move.

They are made out of ponymatter.

There is no exact analogue of ponymatter in this universe, but it's squidgy, and delicious if you lick it.

Equestria exists in a time loop. More below on this.

In my headcanon, Twilight is their mother. Because time travel.

In Equestria not much happens in the skies by itself. The sun and moon are raised by the princesses, and the weather is controlled by pegasi.

In the Everfree Forest, clouds move by themselves, and the ponies consider this very unsettling.

My headcanon again: time travel. The first ponies were time travellers from Equestria's distant future.

There are. They're not shown in MLP:FIM because the main locations featured (Ponyville, Canterlot) are not by the sea. It would be weird to see seaponies flopping around on the dirt roads of Ponyville.

But seaponies and mermares are featured in some of the spin-off comic books.

Edited by Vital Spark

Well, probably because that's Equestria political system. Monaco is governed by a prince and has no king or queen.

Probably, as physics law seem to work almost the same way. Plus, the moon seems to be round. Anyway, there are ways to determine whether a planet is round or not.

If a planet is round then:

- When you're on the ground and you see a boat disappear on the horizon you should see the bottom disappear before the top.

- When you're on a flat area, the higher you are, the further the horizon is.

What would happen if a pony finds his her special talent but later in life she he realises she he doesn't want to do that anymore? Would his her cutie mark change!?

Since Twilight's alicoronation we know that Cutie marks can disappear and be changed. So I'd say, yes, the pony's cutie mark could change but such pony would rather forget this new idea to focus on their special talent as "the cutie mark says" , as most ponies seem to believe that their cutie mark determine themselves.

I think wood isn't food for normal parasprite and enchanted parasprites do not eat trees because it's still living matter. So parasprite don't have much food in the Everfree forest, the reason why they can eat so much at once and divide that easliy. To keep the spiece alive they need to be able to deal with little food and divide with little energy.

Actually, this is magic. The best proof we have is that when a ponies lose their inner magic ( Tirek) their Cutie Marks disappear. A Cutie Mark appears on a pony when they discover who they are ; my theory is that at this moment, their magic takes a relevant picture from the pony's brain and tatoos it on their flanks

Um , probably not. They might look like cristal but they aren't ^^

Sunshine and Rainbows :lol:

I guess their are living beings. Plus magic.

Pinkie Pie probably has the answer.

Playing golf and hoofball with AJ's parents I think.

If humans could clear the sky and choose the weather, don't worry, they'd do it too.

The pony of shadows.

Because they're scary. And because we haven't been underseas yet.

Edited by Theo

Because if there's one thing I've learned from games, movies and TV, it's that QUEENS ARE EVIL!

Hence, King Sombra and Queen Chrysalis What the buck is a Elsa?

Probably, there's places like Zebrica and Saddle Arabia in the world.

I do not know.

Because the Everfree would be like "Oh TARTARUS no!" and throw them out,

To distinguish their talent, when they find their talent (Pinkies pechant for parties as an example) and yeah probably magic.

I assume that they aren't actually made from glass.

After extensive testing, I've found ponies to have soft, wooly insides, almost like a plushie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77zjl0YceRc This will answer all of your questions!  B)

I assume that they're orphans.

The weather ponies need to do something!

Starswirl The Bearded, for he is Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.

Why are there no space ponies? :okiedokielokie:

Edited by Hclegend
  • Brohoof 1

Can we all look at the real question... Why does the zebra who is named Zakora I think... I'm sure y'all will know who I mean. Why does she have a cutie mark? She is an actual zebra from the everfree forest, when they explain the everfree forest the describe our world, a normal world for instance "the clouds move by themselves" so wouldn't that make her a regualar real world zebra? Apparently not if you look at her flank

because princess sounds better and it's used in pretty much every cartoon instead of queen.  there is not king, and i guess the only queen is chrysalis.  

equestria is just a part of their world.  they don't really say much about what's beyond it, but i assume the planet is round like every other planet.

the cutie mark wouldn't change, they'd just do what they wanted.  you don't have to do what your cutie mark says, it's just your special talent.  the only time it's forced is with a spell or cutie pox. 

they might, but it grows fast, so they probably can't eat it all.  and things in there might eat them

i guess the easiest way to explain that would be like how our voices and bodies change during puberty.  it's their coming of age thing, kind of.

no.  they can bend, or they wouldn't be able to move at all.

living things in our world are made of carbon and other elements.  not sure if pony world is the same.

pony god

probably dead.  celestia and luna are pretty old

it's to control the weather.  weather is unpredictable sometimes, and they can get rid of bad weather if it comes along.  it's good for farming.

pony god

there actually are! :D 

1. Leaves the spot open for Rainbow Dash to become queen of Equestria in season five or so.
2. There's a kingdom occupied by Gen 1 ponies.
3. Cutie mark laser removal.
4. It tastes funny.
5. It's smexy.  Smexy magic.
6. I hope not. o_O
7. Pony.
8. Rainbow Dash said, "Let there be awesome!"  And then there was Equestria.
9. Are realllly old?
10. Why wait for nature to do something when you can MAKE it happen?
11. Apocalypse.  Wait...  That's mutants.
12. If a pony jumps in the sea, that pony is technically a sea pony.  So you can see sea ponies in the sea.  See?

Can we all look at the real question... Why does the zebra who is named Zakora I think... I'm sure y'all will know who I mean. Why does she have a cutie mark? She is an actual zebra from the everfree forest, when they explain the everfree forest the describe our world, a normal world for instance "the clouds move by themselves" so wouldn't that make her a regualar real world zebra? Apparently not if you look at her flank

She's called Zecora in most merchandise, but the spelling is Zakora in the FIM subtitles.

She is not a pony, and as a result some people have posited that the design on her flank is not actually a cutie mark, but perhaps part of her natural pattern, or a tattoo. It could be a cutie mark though; perhaps zebras in that universe have cutie marks.

The Everfree Forest is not supposed to represent our world. If it did, the fact a zebra had an unusual mark on her flank would be the least strange thing about it. For a start, it's populated by manticores, timber wolves, and cockatrices. In it grows the tree of harmony, and patches of a plant called poison joke. It's a weird place. It does not represent our world.

Besides which, Zecora is not even from the Everfree Forest. She lives there, but as Twilight says in Bridle Gossip, zebras come from "a faraway land". Later in the episode, Zecora gestures to a couple of masks in her gut hut and claims they are "treasures of the native land where [she is] from". Some fans have referred to her homeland as Zebrica, but that's not canon.

Edited by Vital Spark
  • Brohoof 1

@Vital Spark 

Ahh okay, I never thought about the masks she talks about.... And I wasn't saying she's from our world, simply that she isn't of the same sort of world as Equestria, but thank you very much! Also cheers for the spelling correction haha I will remember to keep it in my mind from now on :P

Back to the questions posed by the starter of the topic. Their world is round, that's why Pinkie Pie had her map upside down in Hearths Warming Eve. "The Earth is round. There is no up or down" - Chancellor Puddinghead/Pinkie Pie