Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

sports What sports did you play when you were younger?

MysticShine

When I was in fifth grade I joined the school basketball team but I almost never got to play. Nor was I very good at it. I've never been a very active person even back then. I preferred staying inside.

I'll still play some street basketball but that's it. I also wouldn't be opposed to golf but put golf is the only kind I've played.

• 2 years later...

When I was in Grade 6 and Year 7, I played hockey and tennis (in weekly competitions). In Year 8, i decided to quit hockey and just stick with tennis. Then I got so busy with my school work that I decided to quit tennis in Year 11.

Now, I just play tennis every now and then, when I have free time.

• Brohoof 3

I wasn't really a big sports kid in school, but I did play basketball and football in elementary school. I was terrible at basketball, but decent as a left tackle in 3rd grade football.

I never really was interested in sports, even when I was younger. Though, my step dad forced me into basketball camp (boys and girls club) back when I was in 3rd grade and oh man, I hated it. The sport nor the people there were my problem, but my big problem is my step dad being a huge fan of Lakers and forcing me to become a player like them someday, when I showed no interest in the sport at all. Only thing I always loved to do outside was biking and swimming, or even scootering when I was younger.

I don’t like it when parents force their kids to do hobbies that they don’t enjoy doing. I never enjoyed playing B-ball or football. Just not my thing. I’d rather be doing something graceful, like Yoga or swimming (of course I don’t wear speedos, only swim for fun).

Edited by Tylad

I played Tee-Ball and Cricket in Grade 6 for some time. I wasn't bad at either, but I stopped, due to changing schools. I was apart of a Badminton club in Grade 10 - my favourite sport. I didn't attend regularly, as I had nobody willing to partner up with me, leaving me left out. 

I was never very good at sports so I mostly avoided the team varieties (which was easy because they always avoided me). I prefer solo sports like swimming, which I'm pretty good at, and maybe Badminton, which I can play as a single.

• 2 months later...

As a kid I was bit of a sport manic; soccer, football, and mainly basketball. Now I’m into tennis.