Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you have an accent?

darkwingmare

I have a slight native American accent mixed with a little bit of Canadian. Where I live it's just the norm. I never noticed till I started talking with people at my college lol.

I must have a southern accent, i once moved and had people call me "country boy" even though i never told them where i was from. I never thought i did though. And ive been around people with southern accents and those who dont and still dont think i have much of one.

I apparently don't have an accent, according to others. Almost everyone I've asked just said I sound 'Normal'.

you always have an accent. You sound normal to your peers because where you live your accent will obviously be "normal".

Here an american accent is "normal", but an american accent isnt normal in england.

I have an English accent, seeing as I live here, but it's nothing strong nor special. So it's not "Tally ho fine chaps" or "u wot m8?" xD 

(edited)

[This post is hidden. No offense to anyone, but I am no longer part of the community and no longer wish to be an (active) part of the forums. I treasure the friendships I made along the way. Thank you!]

Edited by CadetGrey

you always have an accent. You sound normal to your peers because where you live your accent will obviously be "normal".

Here an american accent is "normal", but an american accent isnt normal in england.

I knew someone was going to say that. But when i said "Everyone i know", i mean everyone i know. And most of them are different "Nationalities". When i ask someone Persian(Where im from) they say that i dont really sound like apersian. Even when i ask someone, lets say Swedish(Current Country), They also say i sound nothing like them. Same goes with anyone else i know. So, i figured i have no accent or something? Eh, dont know. Just assuming.

I am developing a Russian accent due to the fact that I have to speak the language all day, every day while Im living here. 

That's strange. I've never developed an English accent and I've spoken it all my life.

• 4 years later...
On 3/25/2015 at 8:07 PM, Alastor said:

I don't think I really have an accent. I might have a little bit of an Icelandic (even though I'm Icelandic, I don't seem to have the general Icelandic accent) mixed with some British (since I went to a British school during my time in Belgium). So yea... I don't really know :T

This here has changed quite a lot. I have a very very heavy Icelandic accent. I place notably heavier emphasis on T sounds, R sounds and K sounds. So you will hear me say something like "Do you rrreally liKe thaT?" 

• Brohoof 1

Just a slight sometime it comes out depending on the words. Like I’d pronounce vanilla like Va-nailla.

6 minutes ago, Splashee said:

I have no accent. And I am terrible at trying any accents.

wouldn't you just have the English accent of Swedish then?
you could say you have no accent, but the only reason that'd make sense, is if you only spoke in sign language

• Brohoof 1

Everyone has one.

I have what may be considered a Pacific Northwest accent/dialect. It sounds somewhat like this, though I pronounce some words a little differently:

Though I think there may be a slight bit of Texan mixed in.

Edited by Ayyngel Dust

When I speak English, I have a Scottish accent (not too thick, but just enough for Americans to not be able to understand me but find my voice sexy),
In Russian, my accent seems to be a mix between Russian and English,
In Romanian, my accent is more like a Romanian crossed with English, crossed with a Scottish accent,
In French I have a fairly native accent I've heard

2 hours ago, Sherbert MGS said:

wouldn't you just have the English accent of Swedish then?
you could say you have no accent, but the only reason that'd make sense, is if you only spoke in sign language

I default to boring "American English" accent when I switch from Swedish to English.

And Sweden have multiple accents, and sadly I have the standard boring one you can fall asleep to. Basically, boring either way! :awwthanks:

• Brohoof 1

I've been told that I have an accent but no one could really place it.  Guess that just comes with moving around a lot when I was younger, not really gaining one accent over another lol

• Brohoof 1