Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you have an accent?

darkwingmare

In my native language no. Maybe I pronounce some words differently by accident, but not that often, I think. On the other hand, it is really hard for me to understand old people sometimes, because of their dialects. It's like they are talking in a whole other language, haha.

I really wonder how I sound to others when talking in english, what I actually never do (no opportunity). :rarity:

6 hours ago, Splashee said:

I default to boring "American English" accent when I switch from Swedish to English.

And Sweden have multiple accents, and sadly I have the standard boring one you can fall asleep to. Basically, boring either way! :awwthanks:

atleast american one sound good

• Brohoof 1

I’ve lived in every part of the country at one point or another, so I have a mix of lots of regional dialects. I try not to get stuck in any one of them because I don’t like all the places I’ve lived. So my accent, if it can be considered an accent at all, is pretty minimal. As far as accents I like, I could listen to British/Scottish/Irish accents all day. They’re exquisite! 

1 minute ago, Dreambiscuit said:

I’ve lived in every part of the country at one point or another, so I have a mix of lots of regional dialects. I try not to get stuck in any one of them because I don’t like all the places I’ve lived. So my accent, if it can be considered an accent at all, is pretty minimal. As far as accents I like, I could listen to British/Scottish/Irish accents all day. They’re exquisite! 

I’m sure that your accent is a dream, Dreamy. ^^

I have a hint of a southern accent and a hint of a northern accent, but not much of either. I have the southern because I was born and raised in the south, and I have the northern because my dad is from a massive city up north.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Pretty sure I commented In this a while ago but don't remember.

I would say my new age Chicagoan is pretty noticeable but doubt anyone would hear me and Be like "oh Chicago" generally not an accent one can easily point out since the 90's. Def. Midwestern maybe.

When I'm speaking Spanish my American accent is 100% noticeable. It bothers me jajaja but hey! Practice makes perfect.

I do, and my accent is a bit complicated. My mother taught me English and Latvian at the same time, and as I grew up we've lived in the UK (Manchester) and the United States (midwest) so my accent sort of evolved as we've moved around. I've also lived in Estonia when I was 20 and the bit of Estonian I learned tends to affect it as well since learning words like veoauto and häid Jõule forced me to change how I pronounced those words in my own tongue for them to actually make sense to people. Now that I've been living in Latvia again for some time, I don't actually speak English or Estonian aloud nearly as often so it's gotten a bit thicker and harder to understand both ways. My Y-sounds and vowels in general while speaking Latvian don't sound very natural and I speak more from the front of my mouth because of English. And when speaking English, my enunciation is kinda hit or miss and S-sounds and T-sounds are much more pronounced. They don't really flow like a native English-speaker. Some English Ts sound like Ss but I can't really do that very well myself.