Did you like it?  

273 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I don't believe it! Babs got her mark and she's no longer a member of the CMC? Seriously?!?!

Can't crusade for a cutie mark if you already have it.

Fantastic, huge improvement over last week, I look forward to Scootaloo getting one of these. Although I don't look forward to certain jokes that are now gonna be made about Babs due to her scissor cutie mark.

I agree. Last week's episode was good but about what I expected. This was very creepy. If only it was Starlight, not that would be interesting!

• Brohoof 1

I also thought that Starlight Glimmer was talking and then she was gonna get rid of her cutie mark. It looked like that but it was just a nightmare.

This episode also had easter eggs and references. It had references to ghostbusters, where Apple Bloom is trying to get those electrical parasprites, Inception because of multiple nightmares in a loop, and also Pixar's Monsters Inc. where Princess Luna summons all the doors and enters some doors to see their nightmare. 

And of course the Rainbow Dash horse balloon lol

Edited by Lightlingbolt
  • Brohoof 2

Let me get these things out first:

-Hooray for Babs getting her cutie mark!

-lullaby part was cute

-Inception and Ghostbusters

-the dreamscape is beautiful as always.

-Sweetie Belle teaser was just a dream *sigh*

Ok. I like this episode it was enjoyable albeit formulaic. Heck, someone can just watch until the scene where AJ tucks her in and guess how the rest of the episode will play out. story's a bit meh, entertainment  was good. The CMC Nightmare Trilogy is now complete. Decent moral for the kids too.

Edited by Midnight Bunny

Now Babs Seed got her cutie mark, a pair of scissors, but she is not the focus of this story, Apple Bloom is, and this episode further cemented Apple Bloom as my favourite crusader. This reminds me of those French dream sequence films, that have dreams within dreams, it keeps you guessing, and entraps you in the plot, so to see that in an episode of My Little Pony is stellar, and to see it done well is spectacular. I can see this episode with a sequel, with one of the crusaders earning their cutie mark before the others, this address on of the issues, what would happen if a pony got a cutie mark they didn't like? How would others react to that cutie mark? What would happen when rejecting a cutie mark could cause? Apple Bloom has matured a lot, her voice has gotten deeper with a slight playful ring, although the other crusaders have aged too, for they had the same concerns as Apple Bloom, via Princess Luna, revealed that Apple Bloom is her own worst enemy, it was not a villain who was causing her grief in the episode, like a ghoul in the shadows, finally Luna showed each filly they are most alike, I really like Princess Luna in this episode, her voice sounds more contemporary yet pleasing to the ears, the cutie mark crusaders finally got out their fears, and decided to support each other, regardless if they earn their marks, at the same time or individually. This was a great episode, Princess Luna was great, Apple Bloom grew wiser, Babs got her cutie mark, and helped to maintain the relationship among the cutie mark crusaders, the night animation was great too, overall, I hope to see the fillies get their cutie marks, I now got a hint of what their cutie marks will be, so I watch and wait.

• Brohoof 1

Can't crusade for a cutie mark if you already have it.

I don't entirely believe that.  I believe that once you're a CMC, you remain one until you become an adult.  Even if you have a cutie mark of your own, you can still help others find theirs.

• Brohoof 1

There was no way I wasn't going to make this:

jjgmlEd.png

Let's just dump all the Inception references and get it over with.  :comeatus:

177393__safe_princess+luna_scootaloo_scr

f79.jpg

full.png

• Brohoof 6

I don't even know what to say right now.

There were parts of this episode that I really, really didn't like. After I found out the first part was a dream, the rest of it became too predictable. The part with the CMCs breaking up was particularly cringe-worthy. I was also a bit disappointed by the lack of Starlight Glimmer. :P

But, contrary to all of that, there was something that I really liked about this episode. I'm not even sure what it is. I don't know... I guess it's just relatable, maybe? I always like the dream episodes for some reason.

• Brohoof 2

Alrighty, writing up my review as we speak.  Should be up pretty soon, and hopefully not a terribly long one.  :)

this address on of the issues, what would happen if a pony got a cutie mark they didn't like?

I think it's impossible, a cutie mark represents a pony's special talent, they can't dislike it.

I don't entirely believe that.  I believe that once you're a CMC, you remain one until you become an adult.  Even if you have a cutie mark of your own, you can still help others find theirs.

You can still help others even if you're not a crusader. And I'm pretty sure they say at the end that she won't be a crusader, but she'll still be their friend.

• Brohoof 1

So far, I like the episode. Apple Bloom's worries make sense given her status as a child and the offscreen twist. But after the first nightmare, it got really repetitive thanks to the Three Strikes format. Right now, I would rank it the worst S5 episode. Not bad, but not entirely good, either. It's about average.

Edited by Dark Qiviut

Let's just dump all the Inception references and get it over with.  :comeatus:

177393__safe_princess+luna_scootaloo_scr

f79.jpg

full.png

Oh dear. Well, I can't say I wasn't expecting this.

• Brohoof 2

i might have missed it but when outside of a dream did it say babs seed got her cutie mark

The very beginning of the episode, where they get a letter from Babs. That's what sparks Apple Bloom's worry.

• Brohoof 1

So far, I like the episode. Apple Bloom's worries make sense given her status as a child and the offscreen twist. But after the first nightmare, it got really repetitive thanks to the Three Strikes format. I would rank it the worst S5 episode. Not bad, but not entirely good, either.

Well, I hope this will still be the "worst" episode when the finale comes around, because that would mean a heck of an epic season.

• Brohoof 4

9/10, needed more pancakes.

Oh, and I loved Applejack's lullaby! I remember saying that I'd love to hear her singing a lullaby after the season 4 ended  :wub:  My wish came true!

• Brohoof 1

I liked this episode! It was hinted at that Princess Luna was going to appear in Apple Bloom's dream as she did with the other two CMC, but the biggest surprise was Big Mac actually talking even if it was a dream sequence along with Babs Seed getting her cutie mark. I actually hope she comes back to show off what her talents are.

The writers made some great nods towards both Inception and Groundhog Day. I also thought it was pretty cool that Princess Luna has the ability to show other dreams. We also got some more insight as to what the CMC really want to be good at. It's been hinted at many times, but now we got a much more clearer picture of it.

One last thing I noticed is how Michelle Creber's voice sounds older. Before I'd mainly hear it in Scootaloo's voice and a bit in Sweetie Belle's voice as it didn't crack as much, but this time, I can definitely hear it Apple Bloom's voice.

This episode I gotta admit was repetitive, but in a good way!

I feel like it was just the concept of it that was repetitive, but the events were different every time and were progressively darker and deeper so it added that to the thrill of the main plot.

The repetition in this episode is like the repetition in a design, if it's greatly executed then it gives something to the whole thing.

• Brohoof 2

Can I just say I found it to be BS when AJ said "Your cutie mark doesn't change who you are"?  If the pest part was accurate, then it clearly is contradictory, and a number of previous episodes, The Cutie Map and Magical Mystery Cure included, clearly contradict it, and in more than just talent.

AJ, I know what you meant, but you really should know better.

• Brohoof 2

That was amazing! Josh Haber is a god among men. That was IMO the best episode since Pinkie Pride.I'm especially shocked and pleased to see such a good episode come out of an Applebloom episode.