Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which pony is the most popular, within the show's target audience?

HorsesandMOARGaloar

Once asked my 4 year old cousin who her favourite pony was, she just gave the generic answer of "all of them". Not really sure but if I were to guess I'd go Twilight just because "she's a princess".

• Brohoof 2

*resisting the urge to say Pinkie Pie because obvious bias*

Well, i personally use to think it was Pinkie & Rainbow Dash, since before i started to spy follow on the fandom, they were the only ponies i'd see in memes ect often, so i figured they were the most popular, and figured it would be the same for the target audience. I honestly din't even know the other mane 6 were important characters til i saw the 1st episode..  :maud:

Now I'd say they are all equally popular within the shows target audience, maybe Twilight edges out due to the princess stuff but who knows.

As far as in the brony fandom..who knows, i'd say it's equal also. 

:maud:

Edited by Pinkamena-Pills
  • Brohoof 1

Most of the younger kids I know like Pinkie Pie, Rarity, or Twilight Sparkle. I haven't seen many Fluttershy and Applejack fans while Rainbow Dash just seems average.

• Brohoof 2

Well the girl I babysit LOVES Fluttershy, so I'm assuming Flutershy. You know, because she's kind, sweet, and likes animals. Either her or Twilight Sparkle because she's somewhat of a role model to girls I guess.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not sure they have a favorite pony, I think the youngest watch the show without wondering that.

But I may be wrong, then the most popular would be Twilight IMO. :huh:

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 1

Probably Pinkie Pie as she is Hasbro's marketing icon for this current generation of MLP after all.

Either that or her silly childish antics and mannerisms would be something that young children would eat right up.

Edited by cmarston1

Pinkie Pie. 

Maybe Twilight and Rainbow Dash? 

Definitely not Rarity or Applejack. They are VERY unpopular and unliked by both the target audience and the bronies. 

• Brohoof 2

Most little girls from what I've seen seem to like Twilight, Fluttershy, or Pinkie Pie. For Twilight, it could be because she's the one the show follows most with and is a princess now. Since Fluttershy is like the cute shy one who's sweet and takes care of animals being the element of kindess, it's not hard to see why little girls would love characters like her. Same goes for Pinkie Pie for being silly and trying to make everypony smile when they're not very happy. Also maybe because of the color pink.

At my junior high school on Saturday once, I had a binder with a Pinkie Pie drawing I drew that looked exactly like the show and a little girl visiting our jr high really loved it. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well I recently had a little girl point at my car and shout "PINKIE PIE!  :pinkie:  " but the funny thing is I don't even have anything of Pinkie on the car. I have Fluttershy and Dr. Whooves stickers. So I guess she thought Fluttershy was Pinkie Pie? Oh well. I'm gonna guess our favorite party pony is pretty popular with the kids. :ooh:

Edited by DragonFlyer

Well I recently had a little girl point at my car and shout "PINKIE PIE!  :pinkie:  " but the funny thing is I don't even have anything of Pinkie on the car. I have Fluttershy and Dr. Whooves stickers. So I guess she thought Fluttershy was Pinkie Pie? Oh well. I'm gonna guess our favorite party pony is pretty popular with the kids. :ooh:

Depending on how young she is, the little girl may just simply call the show "The Pinkie Pie Show" . Maybe her mother says "Hurry up now, Pinkie Pie is coming on."

Obviously Twilight. She's the focal character of the show, and she is the most dynamic with her character development. The others are actually mostly static, Rainbow Dash is the one who has changed the most IMO besides Twilicorn.

• Brohoof 1

Probably Pinkie Pie. She's Pink, Bubbly, never upset, basically the embodiment of a character is a girl's TV show without being as one-dimensional as such.

Well, technically we're the target audience, so... Fluttershy, RD, and Twi, mainly. Also a lot of Pinkie fans, Rarity fans are freaking insane, and there's a disturbing lack of orange apple horse love.

sad_applejack_by_helgih-d4n6xhi.png

• Brohoof 4

Yeah, alls I know is it's apparently not AJ.  Poor girl, left out of everything.  I've seen toy sets, coloring books, all without AJ.  I can see why, from a marketing standpoint, some folks seem to call it the Mane 5, plus that orange background pony.  I don't think the show itself has ever given that impression, but they sure leave her out of the merch.  It ain't right, I tell ya.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

This might seem crazy, but from what I've seen, the target audience HATES Twilight Sparkle. I've seen more hate for her and Rarity from them than any other pony. They love Pinkie, Dash and Fluttershy (though Fluttershy seems to be getting a lot of hate recently), and AJ is kinda just ignored.

The top three favorites may be Twilight, Pinkie, or Rarity, but it's most likely Pinkie. Her bubbly nature, friendly attitude and appealing (pink, duh) design definitely makes her a favorite among the target audience. Not to mention her songs probably get stuck in their heads for the day, lol. And she's also the best candidate for being the show's mascot.