Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you even have a printer anymore and if so what kind?

Cirrus.

Printer Poll:  

11 users have voted

1. 1. What kind of (non-broken) printer(s) do you have?

• Inkjet
    • Laser
    • 3D
    • Other
    • None- (I'm too cool for printing)
    • Photo printer
  2. 2. How often do you print?

• every day
    • a couple times a week
    • once a week
    • a couple times a month
    • once every couple months
    • I don't (again- i'm too cool for printing)

So, over the last 10-15 years things have really changed in terms of computers and the like. The internet is pretty much everywhere now and flash drives are pretty much the norm in quick physical file storage. I also notice I print much less than I used to. In my college, a lot of assignments have to be submitted online.

We have an old (2001) (yet somehow still very good quality) inkjet printer that has had dried-out ink cartridges for a couple years now. The ink costs like $70 and since it's seldom used about 75% of the ink would be lost through evaporation, so it just sits there, inkless.

Back in like 2007 I got a laser printer on sale for like $70 AND IT STILL HAS TONER LEFT IN THE STARTER CARTRIDGE!

I bought it at the time for E-bay and school and have used it quite a bit.

REASONS:

• Good price
  • fast
  • doesn't smudge
  • ink DOESN'T dry up
  • I mostly print in B&W anyways.

I also have a photo printer that prints awesome 4X6 photos. The way it prints is really cool. Instead of using ink it pretty much melts plastic film from a ribbon cartridge to print the pictures. It laminates them also. The nice thing is that you have exactly the amount of "ink" for the paper. It doesn't dry out and should last indefinitely since it's a plastic ribbon.

Most of the time I just print to a PDF file since my laptop came with Acrobat. I save payment confirmations and e-bay stuff in folders since I HATE PAPER PILING UP EVERYWHERE. :angry:

So how often do you guys actually print these days, and what kind of printer(s) do you have?

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
I've never had a printer, since I can tell I'd rarely use it (for now) and would take forever getting used to one. :P I've always relied on printers in libraries and school- when I went there- though I know I'll have to look into getting one eventually, considering my career plans.

• 7 years later...

I don't think I do anymore. all of my work is done without the need to print something. I guess if I do I can always go to the library. I use tablet with an app to scan paper.

Edited by RDDash

I have a Canon MG5420. It's a replacement for the same model which I bought last year. That one worked great and then suddenly died. I like the model because it's economical on ink, even though it may not be the most reliable machine in the world.

Well I have a later printer which was used last year to print one page. It was stored for years and I took it out only because I need to print that single page. Xerox manufactured Dec 2012.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

We have a family printer (an HP something, never paid attention to it much) but lately it's been causing issues so we need a new one soon.

Though I've been thinking of getting a personal printer :fluttershy: I don't print much but sometimes i think it would be useful.

• smile 1