Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

what is the point of being a anti brony

RainbowDashie2000

(edited)

Please someone explain this to me. They hate bronies for what? what did the bronies do? They are going as far as making hate pages on instagram about bronies one anti brony followed me (mlpisawful13) and they are making ridiculous videos on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZFuSM4KLkQ                                                         I just want to say how ridiculous this video is!!! If you hate bronies THEN DONT PAY ATTENTION TO THEM!!!! He also said cure the corrupt CURE THE CORRUPT HOW ARE YOU GOING TO DO THAT BY INSLUTING ALL BRONIES THAT IS ALL THEY DO THERE IS NO REAL PURPOSE IN BEING A ANTI BRONY BUT INSLUTING OTHERS!!!!! I get they want to get rid of some bronies and not all but what bronies do is there bussiness. If they want to make scary creepy pasta fanfics they can!!!! I might not agree or like rule 34 but again that is there bussiness they are not bothering me

Edited by RainbowDashie2000
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

Yep. Sadly this will take some time. People should respect other's interests and not spitting nonsense like this video. People are people, there will be always someone who will hate something that others like.

This is the typical " I don't know anything deep about it just the surface, so let's make a stupid video where people ,as dumb as me, can assemble and backbiting something."

Edited by Kerberossz
  • Brohoof 3

It's just some stupid crap people on the internet want to make to be idiotically annoying as can be. As long as you're on the internet expect hate of some kind to be dealt your way. It doesn't really matter what it is you like someone else out there is going to try and put you down for what you like at some point in time. All this stupid mumbo jumbo about a "anit brony purification" its all a load of bull and is best to not draw any attention to the likes of these people.

>_> I could really careless at this point of what people in society think of me or the things I like and the older you get the less you'll care about what others think of you.

• Brohoof 1

The point in hating the brony fandom is the same as hating anything else. They probably simply disagree with the fact that grown men are watching a show intended for little girls. I can see the sense in that, I truly can. I'm not anti brony nor am I a pro brony. I like to stand on neutral ground. I watch the show, I like the community. I don't do much else with the fandom in regards to fanfics, music content and whatever else. 

The main reason is probably just to annoy those that react to it. They want a reaction, the moment they get one they have won. Don't bat an eye and just continue what you're doing. They just target bronys because, put simply, they are an easy target. Whenever I see someone say anything close to negative about the show. Everyone in the fandom comes flocking in arguing with them. Easy game is easy game.

• Brohoof 1

Anti bronies exists because people dislike this fandom. 

Also that video wasn't really that ridicules. It's just a advertisment for a group for people who thinks that the brony fandom doesn't follow the "Love and tolerant" motto. It says that they don't tolerate hate and that anti bronies also can be bad. That doesn't sound like something anti bronies would say.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)
Yep. Sadly this will take some time. People should respect other's interests and not spitting nonsense like this video. People are people, there will be always someone who will hate something that others like.   This is the typical " I don't know anything deep about it just the surface, so let's make a stupid video where people ,as dumb as me, can assemble and backbiting something."

Okay I reacted too soon.

Just one question: What? I don't even understand what is this video is about. "The main purpose of the ABPU is to restore order to the corrupt brony fandom." So.. like a revolution against the "corrupted" bronies who don't fallow the love and tolerate motto? The hell is that? Not to mention both brony and anti-bronies are allowed but...what? Why would anybody who hates bronies want to join to a campaign where bronies want to "purify" the fandom? It makes no sense. The most hilarious part is: " There are corrupted anti-bronies" guys this video can't be serious xD

Edited by Kerberossz
  • Brohoof 2

Okay I reacted too soon.

Just one question: What? I don't even understand what is this video is about. "The main purpose of the ABPU is to restore order to the corrupt brony fandom." So.. like a revolution against the "corrupted" bronies who don't fallow the love and tolerate motto? The hell is that? Not to mention both brony and anti-bronies are allowed but...what? Why would anybody who hates bronies want to join to a campaign where bronies want to "purify" the fandom? It makes no sense. The most hilarious part is: " There are corrupted anti-bronies" guys this video can't be serious xD

I justed watch the full video I reacted too soon lol

• Brohoof 3

I can see the dislike of bronies, but surely not full on hatred. Regardless of anti-bronies and brony haters alike, they can't really do anything to harm/take down the fandom. I mean, hah, I wouldn't doubt if MLP:FiM continues until 2020! Bronies contribute a lot of financial success to Hasbro, so I'm pretty sure they'll try to beat the crap out of what's left of the show in order to drain more cash from the fandom, therefore it'll be harder for the fandom to die out.

Not meaning to offend you all, but it's true. The show would of probably ended sooner if there was no audience which are willing to spend $1,000 on a pony figurine, let alone thousands to keep the show going and making greedy hungry Hasbro happy. Capitalism, ah sweet, sweet capitalism-- eh?

• Brohoof 2

Because some people simply want something to hate -_- They can't stand the idea of a group of adults actually liking something like this, and just judge that group based on that alone. It's not right at all, but it's what anti-bronies do. They don't care if we're good people, they just hate to hate >_>

I wouldn't take this little club of theirs too seriously. The fact that they consider anyone in the fandom a corrupt influence means they aren't living up to their own dogma. It's either a joke, troll or someone who doesn't know what they're doing but likes to sound like it.

• Brohoof 1

When you don't go on pony forums, your only exposure to the fandom will be from the super-vocal fans who drop MLP references everywhere even when it's out of context. If these are the only bronies you see, your impression of them will not be pretty.

It's no different from making jokes about Justin Bieber or Twilight fans.

• Brohoof 1

I've come to learn fairly recently that anti bronies are really just like normal bullies: they're in it for the reaction. For all we know, they could have no issues with the show but just enjoy teasing people.

As for this video, it's obvious this is just someone being a troll for attention :/

People get upset about things they don't understand. If they think it's "wrong", they believe themselves to be doing the world a favour by going against it. I am reminded of a quote...

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."

Ah, wait, here's a better one:

ddb24659811d031dc913cc352f8d5d6e.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I will attempt to answer the question that was asked in the thread title without taking the video into consideration.

There are multiple reasons anti-bronies exist, few more obvious than others.  I think that one of the most prevalent and blatant reasons is lack of knowledge about the the fandom, or to put it more succinctly, ignorance.  Many anti bronies see fans of the show as 'fat nerds that watch colorful ponies' or something like that, what a lot of them don't seem to understand is that even if all bronies are 'do nothing nerds' flaming about them on the internet would do nothing to help their cause nor would it suddenly compel the fans of the show to stop liking it.  Another reason one may decide to become an anti-brony is through the gross generalization of an entire group because of a few individuals. It is inevitable for a large community such as this one to have a few individuals that feel the need to attack anybody that does not share their point of view.  Some people are attacked by these individuals and feel the need to reciprocate the displeasure back onto the entire community, I think that the theory that bronies only claim to like to show because they are trolls stems from this.  In conclusion, I think that not all anti-bronies are willing to go out of their way to insult bronies; same applies when the two groups are flipped, both ends of the spectrum have their bad sides.  There is no point in attacking anti-bronies and there is no use for anti-bronies to attack bronies, actions such as that are contrary to the morals FiM teaches and the ethic of reciprocity. 

• Brohoof 1

Please someone explain this to me. They hate bronies for what? what did the bronies do? They are going as far as making hate pages on instagram about bronies one anti brony followed me (mlpisawful13) and they are making ridiculous videos on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZFuSM4KLkQ                                                         I just want to say how ridiculous this video is!!! If you hate bronies THEN DONT PAY ATTENTION TO THEM!!!! He also said cure the corrupt CURE THE CORRUPT HOW ARE YOU GOING TO DO THAT BY INSLUTING ALL BRONIES THAT IS ALL THEY DO THERE IS NO REAL PURPOSE IN BEING A ANTI BRONY BUT INSLUTING OTHERS!!!!! I get they want to get rid of some bronies and not all but what bronies do is there bussiness. If they want to make scary creepy pasta fanfics they can!!!! I might not agree or like rule 34 but again that is there bussiness they are not bothering me

This is a question I'm sure many, if not all, bronies have asked themselves. I don't know about sure about you, but I sure a hell am not corrupt. "Love and Tolerate" is a good moral if anything and I don't understand why these douchebags can't get it through their thick skulls that we like a freakin tv show and no more. Sure, like you adressed, the rule 34 part of the fandom is not so good, but that doesn't mean their corrupt! To each their own, and I'm sure that the anti-bronies are just looking for attention. That doesn't make them any less of douchebags though! 

• Brohoof 2

I think it's pretty obvious. Anti Bronies hate My Little Pony and bronies because for one thing they think it's stupid for guys to watch a show that looks like a little girls show. MLP has been cemented to the public as being for little girls for decades especially with G3. It's a very feminine franchise but actual horses and ponies are actually very masculine in real life. But still ponies became a girl stereotype similar to fairies mainly because I think more girls think ponies and fairies are cute so companies make pony or fairy toys very feminine. Oh and also the show Fairly Odd Parents is about fairies but never get's flak for being girly because there are humans, there are masculine fairies, and in a nutshell a show that both boys and girls can enjoy. Why does FiM get flak for being girly but not Fairly Odd Parents? Well because Fairly Odd Parents was newer and was never cemented as pandering to girls while MLP has been around since the 80's and didn't catch a broad audience for decades. If the Barbie, Care Bears toylines underwent a huge overhaul and which attracts a male audience it would probably be the same effect.

Another thing is that Anti-Bronies had ponies shoved down their throat especially on the internet. Because from what I know after the overnight success of FiM by bronies, pony pictures, memes, avatars, videos, and other content exploded on the internet as well as bronies forcing FiM on other people, which caused there to spawn many haters who are also from my experience some of the most negative people on the internet. Most of them haven't actually seen the show and are just hating MLP based on the fandom alone which is ridiculous because I feel like the show and fandom are on different levels. A lot of these haters are trolling because they don't want bronies or MLP to even exist but trolling is not going to help at all.

From my experience in the first few years of Fim specifically 2010-2013 I haven't seen that much MLP content on the internet, I've maybe seen a few such as avatars and memes here and there. I don't know why I never saw much pony content on the internet but I think I just wasn't on the places on the internet with lots of bronies. Even when I did see some MLP content on the internet I simply just didn't care, I figured guys watch it because it's a cute show and girls who grew up with the franchise want to relive their childhood.

Now around the time when FiM and bronies became popular I was actually really anti about another franchise. Angry Birds (I still hate it by the way), I mean I had that game and franchise shoved down me and the popularity annoyed me to death and I felt like it was a threat to handheld systems like the DS and I love that system line and the games so I saw Angry Birds as a real threat. Not only that but I legitimately hated the game itself, the gameplay frustrates me more than Superman 64, the character designs make me cringe, and it's just overall the most unpleasant experience I've ever had.

But anyway that's why I think there are so many anti bronies because they think it's stupid for guys to like a "little girls show" or think the fandom is really weird. But that's one of the things that makes fandoms so fun, they can be as weird as they want. Because the world could be boring without fandoms and followings like this. The brony fandom never bothered me because I really love cute japanese characters such as Pokémon, Kirby and Totoro and MLP ponies are cute too. So I feel like FiM is on the level of shows like Arthur and Blue's Clues and is mostly innocent and cute with some morals and it reminds you of childhood.

(edited)

The video doesn't seem to be made by anti-bronies, rather it seems to be made by elitists that think they are the ultimate deciders of the fandom.

My response to the video is basically this: Who has the right to decide who is 'corrupt' in a fandom? Who defines what 'corrupts' someone? It's stupid. People are in the fandom in different ways and for different reasons. How the hell does liking the show mean you have to follow its morals and values? I don't like the show for its love and tolerance, I like it because it is entertaining and funny and a break from most other TV out there where people only care about dark stuff and messed up stuff. In fact, when they drone on about love and tolerance in the show, I cringe a little. Does that make me a 'corrupt' brony? Do I deserve to be cast into the fiery pits of hell tartarus? No, I don't, I'm just another guy who loves the show and has fun interacting with its fandom. Why do they think they make the choice whether or not someone deserves to be in the fandom? The MLP fanbase has no 'moral code'. It isn't some cult where we always repeat this 'moral code' or our pledges or something in unison while we wear our dark cloaks and bow as we pray to our Dark Lord Gummy, although I'm sure there are some people out there who do.

Either way, I doubt their cute little club (and that's pretty much what it is. "Private Organisation", pffsh, what a load of bullshit. They even abbreviated their clubs title to make it seem more professional) will get many followers since there can't be that many people stupid enough to agree with these guys.

It's things like this that make the MLP fandom look downright retarded.

To actually answer your question though, I think anti-bronies exist pretty much just due to ignorance. They just think that if it is a show for little girls then it sucks and we are super weird for watching it because we aren't little girls. The majority of them wouldn't have seen it (this is further proven by the countless number of bronies on this forum alone that have said they used to be anti-brony but changed when they decided to actually watch the show). But yeah, AB's (like my cool abbreviation?) just don't want people to like shows they dislike because that means that those people are incorrect because their opinions don't match the AB's opinions. It's fairly simple, really.

Edited by HailTrixie

(edited)

I think my answer can apply to any anti-*fandom name*.

I don't think there is a point to being an anti-brony. These kinds of people tend to be really stupid and/or ignorant; why would anyone need to actively participate in a social circlejerk solely dedicated to a topic they hate?

Also, that video was fucking stupid.

Edited by Blackened

Humans will always hate on other humans for stupid reasons.  Many immature people have trouble resigning themselves to the fact that there are lots of other people in the world who are different from them, who like different things and disagree with them.  Such people just can't let it go, and have to hate on others, as if it will let them sleep easier, and cause their world to make more sense, as if they'll be happier if everyone in the world is exactly as they are.  Basically, it's a case of "If I don't like this, then nobody else should."

But, as others have stated, the video in the OP wasn't exactly that.  Stupid, nonetheless, though.

(edited)

Bronies threaten their masculinity and the simple, clearly defined lines that they've drawn to keep the sexes separate. Blue is for boys, pink is for girls. Dragonball Z is for boys, My Little Pony is for girls. It's fine for a girl to like DBZ because, to them, masculinity in a woman is a wonderful thing. Femininity in a man is not.

So, what's the point of being an anti-brony? To protect yourself from the other- those who don't conform with what makes you comfortable.

Edited by Pokekid543