Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who's the strongest Princess

Not Yellow Diamond

38 users have voted

1. 1. Who is the Most Powerful Princess?

• Celestia
    • Luna
    • Cadence
    • Twilight

(edited)

Over the course of 5 seasons we've seen Twilight Sparkle grow and develop as a character. We've seen here grow mentally, emotionally, even physically. She sprouted wings. Geez. 

Well in addition to maturing we can also assume that Twilight has gotten smarter and more powerful (As seen In Twilight's Kingdom) 

So she has grown so much. Could she possibly be stronger than Luna or Celestia? 

How about Cadence? Controlling love is dangerous if it is missued. 

Who do you guys think is the most powerful, think of there here and now as well as the future. 

(By the Way Cadence is most powerful  ;)

So, Who is the most powerful princess?

Edited by louisvillepride
  • Brohoof 5

luna on nightmare moon mode

twilight on the other hand was at one time the most powerful when she acquired the other princesses alicorn powers

• Brohoof 2

Cadence. Think.. if you end up at war, just get Cadence to make all the enemies fall in love with each other and they should get distracted.. Job done. 

• Brohoof 2

Celestia is likely the strongest out of the bunch due to her 1000 years and to compound it more, according to the Journal of the two sisters, Luna was annoyed at how Celestia studied magic all the time and how she was actually comparable to Starswirl in abilities along with Celestia's love of flight, implying that out of the two sisters, Celestia was the fighter while Luna was more passive in comparison. 

Cadence. Think.. if you end up at war, just get Cadence to make all the enemies fall in love with each other and they should get distracted.. Job done. 

What if they have resistance to mind control?

• Brohoof 1

What if they have resistance to mind control?

Oh dear, how sad, never mind. You just bring in Celestia and Luna and the unfortunate Twilight XD

• Brohoof 1

Oh dear, how sad, never mind. You just bring in Celestia and Luna and the unfortunate Twilight XD

It's not to say Cadance's ability to force people to fall in love with whatever object she desires isn't powerful as it is and she's an Alicorn who has impressive feats like transmutating water to crystals, holding a city wide shield spell for who knows how long, magic lasers, and her trump card in mind control does show she's a forced to be reckoned with.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I'd probably say it'd still be Princess Celestia. Like what Kyoshi said, even if her powers haven't been shown on the show yet, she's someone who you really don't want to get on her bad side. She's also able to raise the sun (and in Luna's absence) the moon. Keep in mind that Celly studied magic for hundreds of years.

Edited by Kelldrick
  • Brohoof 2

Celestia and Luna probably know more about magic, but combat-wise Twilight could very well be stronger than them, or at least very close. Cadance has a very unique and impressive power but isn't really suited to fighting.

• Brohoof 2

Definitely Twilight.  I think it's kind of been established that she's basically a Z warrior.  :/  If this was DBZ, then Celestia would be Goku at the point in time of Perfect Cell, and Twilight would be Gohan at super sayajin 2.  Good god, I sound like such a dork.

Now, I think Tia should still be the strongest, but she isn't really depicted that way, and, let's face it, Twilight is depicted as rather overpowered.  (I'm okay with that, btw.)

But perhaps we should do this:

MLP:FIM Hotfix 17.0.10 build notes:

• Slightly decreased the DPS of Twi's lazer beam attack
  • Slightly decreased Twilight's over all MP
  • Slightly increased the range of Celestia's AOE attack
  • Increased Celestia's damage and MP

We will be monitoring the princesses for balance.  Please give us your feedback and let us know how their abilities are working!

• Brohoof 3

Without externar sources, I think Celly is the most powerful alicorn in Equestria, JUST LOOK AT HER, SHE'S A HORSE SIZED PONY. Not to mention Chrysalis hesitated to fight her, she herself must have tons of experience fighting during her 1000 year reigh, etc. Luna could be a close second due to her experience, but she was out for a thousand years, and she admited her sister is the better fighter in the journal. I'm sure Cadance is the weakest, despite fighting against that giant worm alongside Twi, and being an alicorn for longer, I expect her to have been trained in combat in her youth, but Twily has more experience fighting threats and magic skills, even before pre alicornication, despite her relative lack of training compared to her former foal sitter 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Raw power Celestia, but raw potential Twilight, however, I think the reality is they are equally powerful in their realm. Did Equestria suffer without a Princess of Love, Friendship and the Moon in the thousand years they did not exist? Since you can't prove a negative you can't say, but clearly there is a benefit for them reigning together now.

Edited by Nature's Spell
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

We will be monitoring the princesses for balance. Please give us your feedback and let us know how their abilities are working!

Please nerf Cadence's shield, it's too tanky. :(

I'd guess the most powerful princess would be Celestia, if she didn't hold back on Nightmare Moon because her sister was still in there, she probably would've kicked her flank. Twilight seems to be getting stronger and stronger as time goes on though, I have a feeling she may surpass Celestia one day.

Though, Celestia frying Chrysalis to swiss cheese in the comics was pretty awesome. :P

Edited by VengefulStrudel
  • Brohoof 3

Celestia, not only is the oldest, she is the most mature, and she can banish anyone to the moon. She trained Twilight and Sunset Shimmer, and gave Cadence the Crystal Empire (theory) and she is over all of equestria.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Definitely Celestia, Twilight was very powerful in Twilight's Kingdom only because the alicorns gave their magic to her.

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

From what I see Celestia was the strongest in her prime when she was able to control the Elements of Harmony alone. But 1000 years later she can't utilize them anymore. And that's fine it's more relatable to real life. Kings and queens are most of hte time not the best fighters in real life. I feel like Celestia's fighting days are put behind her and she hasn't fought in a long time. Cadence doesn't seem like the fighting type.

The Elements of Harmony was the only way Celestia beat Luna, Luna was pinning her down and forced Celestia to use the EoH and she used it like a last resort. So Luna is stronger than Celestia currently as there is no indication that Luna can't reform back to Nightmare Moon if she wanted to. I'm not sure how Cadence was subdued by Chrysalis but that doesn't really look good for her ranking in power. Far as I've seen Cadence's abilities are bringing two ponies back together again. Twilight seems to have some proficiency in combat as seen in Tirek (note I'm only talking about her combat skills not counting the combined power she had in her). Twilight and Luna have shown the most diversity in their magic so it may come down to those two in who's the stronger alicorn. Twilight couldn't handle Luna back then but who knows how it would fair if they duke it out? Currently Twilight is the most militaristic princess and has been fighting monsters and such a lot.

Twilight still doesn't have a hold on her flying abilities as much as Luna. This is a tough one, unless I missed the part that Luna can teleport I can't really say. If Luna can teleport she might be able to go toe to toe with Twilight but if Luna cannot teleport Twilight have a wing over her in this fight because Twilight has her shield and teleportation. Unless Luna's mist transformation is similar to Sombra's mist form then Luna could probably evade Twilight with that. You know what this is a really tough call.

Edited by cider float
  • Brohoof 3

Celestia: "Oh, you're resisting? That's cute"

*shuts off the sun*

Luna: "Oh, thou art resisting? That's cute."

*drops the Moon on them*

Cadence: "Oh, you're resisting? That's sweet."

*causes Crystals to grow inside their bodies*

Twilight: "Oh, you're resisting? Let me lecture you for hours on end."

*bores enemy to tears with long-winded lectures*

I think it's obvious who's the strongest

• Brohoof 7

Celestia: "Oh, you're resisting? That's cute" *shuts off the sun*   Luna: "Oh, thou art resisting? That's cute." *drops the Moon on them*   Cadence: "Oh, you're resisting? That's sweet." *causes Crystals to grow inside their bodies*   Twilight: "Oh, you're resisting? Let me lecture you for hours on end." *bores enemy to tears with long-winded lectures*     I think it's obvious who's the strongest

Twilight by far... so, so, so, far

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Celestia was definitely the most powerful in her prime, I think that's pretty much axiomatic.  But I'm guessing that her great age, in conjunction with the exertions placed on her her by having to raise both the sun and the moon for a thousand years has caused her power to wane.  We have seen her bested repeatedly by villains throughout the show, Nightmare Moon, Chrysalis and she didn't even dare to attempt fighting Tirek.  Not to say that she doesn't still have power, just perhaps not as much as she once did.  Her efforts to find a protege in Sunset Shimmer, then Twilight may be recognition on her part of this fact.

Twilight on the other hand is very much in ascendance, already very powerful, and only growing more so.  I would definitely imagine that Celestia is grooming her to one day replace her as the ruler of Equestria.

Cadance I think lacks the power of the other three, people on here have been talking about her mind control abilities, but there is no evidence to suggest that she has such a power beyond her ability to make people fall in love.  Further to this, I strongly suspect that this ability relies on an existing latent attraction anyway, and all that she can do is strengthen what is already there.  If this were not the case then why would she not have used her powers on the many occasions when they would have been of benefit?

Last but not least, Luna.  Luna is the great unknown.  I like to think that she has the greatest raw power of any of the princesses, but is forced to suppress the limits of that power lest she again become Nightmare Moon if she was to unleash her full fury without restraint.

Edited by Concerned Bystander
  • Brohoof 2

I know Cadence is a favorite for her ability to make people fall in love with each other but  this ability is a little sinister to me.  Yes she is using it with the best of intentions but she is forcing people to fall in love with each other.  If  she was forcing people to hate each other with a wave of her horn everyone would hate her.  Both are actually equally wrong and a manipulation of a ponys free will.  This is potent and powerful but not cool even in the least.  The very first time I saw her do this in the show I was reminded of arranged marriages where neither side has any right to refuse the other including on their wedding night reducing them down to each other's property and nothing more.

Celestia is a thousand years old and rightfully a bit distant.  Never mind being able to keep her humor and humanity at that age shows a type of inner strength to be admired.  She also had the inner strength to banish her only sister in order to keep her kingdom safe.  That is a deep emotional pain that most people wouldn't even be able to comprehend.  But even with that she continues to mentor students (sometimes for better and sometimes for worse) as well as continue to make emotional bonds.  For emotional strength she would have to get my vote.  Also lest people forget that she banished Nightmare Moon at the peak of her power then took on the duties of moving not just one but two celestial bodies onto herself.

Luna was a major threat to the kingdom at one point in time as she was powerful enough to not only apparently keep the moon up but refuse her sister the right to raise the sun.  Some people may say that she is tamed down now that she is back but no where did it say that she lost any of her power when she returned.  Instead she appears to obviously be toning it down intentionally. She also has the ability to not only enter but manipulate your dreams.  Where as Cadence can manipulate your free will Luna is literally invading your mind.  Well at least she isn't forcing ponies to go against their nature like a Turkish priest.

Twilight Sparkle is really still to new to the role to get any good feel for her as royalty.  Yes she may be an alicorn and with her more frequent appearance in the show it's easy to become attached to her.  But her royal duties so far have been mild at best and not much to do with the people in Ponyville.  Instead she is currently following her magic map and either following it to adventures or sending off her friends to do it.  She has great potential for growth but personally I wouldn't put her into this debate as a candidate just yet.

So after a long winded response I would have to say Luna for the wind.  She is powerful enough to shut down her sister's ability to raise the sun as well as go into peoples minds and manipulate their dreams.  That is intense.  Her only downfall is truly her inexperience as that seems to be what has defeated her in the past.  But really spending a thousand years on the moon what experience is supposed to gain.  Although she could probably keep up a good conversation about rocks with Maud.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Celestia was definitely the most powerful in her prime, I think that's pretty much axiomatic.  But I'm guessing that her great age, in conjunction with the exertions placed on her her by having to raise both the sun and the moon for a thousand years has caused her power to wane.  We have seen her bested repeatedly by villains throughout the show, Nightmare Moon, Chrysalis and she didn't even dare to attempt fighting Tirek.  Not to say that she doesn't still have power, just perhaps not as much as she once did.  Her efforts to find a protege in Sunset Shimmer, then Twilight may be recognition on her part of this fact.

Twilight on the other hand is very much in ascendance, already very powerful, and only growing more so.  I would definitely imagine that Celestia is grooming her to one day replace her as the ruler of Equestria.

Cadance I think lacks the power of the other three, people on here have been talking about her mind control abilities, but there is no evidence to suggest that she has such a power beyond her ability to make people fall in love.  Further to this, I strongly suspect that this ability relies on an existing latent attraction anyway, and all that she can do is strengthen what is already there.  If this were not the case then why would she not have used her powers on the many occasions when they would have been of benefit?

Last but not least, Luna.  Luna is the great unknown.  I like to think that she has the greatest raw power of any of the princesses, but is forced to suppress the limits of that power lest she again become Nightmare Moon if she was to unleash her full fury without restraint.

Where are they getting this mind control anyway. Far as I'm concerned if she could do that she would have already taken over Chrysalis' mind and ended that war without having to combine with Shining Armor.

Her magic is strengthening Shining Armor's magic prowess and bringing two previous lovers back together again. I don't know if she was just weak from exhaustion but she couldn't remove those rocks in the way of the mine cart and unicorn Twilight had to move them with her magic.

Edited by cider float
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Where are they getting this mind control anyway. Far as I'm concerned if she could do that she would have already taken over Chrysalis' mind and ended that war without having to combine with Shining Armor.

Her magic is strengthening Shining Armor's magic prowess and bringing two previous lovers back together again.

I honestly don't know, there's certainly nothing in the show that suggests she has such an ability.

Edited by Concerned Bystander
  • Brohoof 1

Interesting thought with all the discussion over Cadence. Who said that she has mind control? What if it's heart control? Yeah, yeah, I know it is sacchrine but bear with me

If all creatures have a heart and a little bit of love, for I think that's true  in our world so most definitely in there's then couldn't she control the love of others in their heart and not their mind. It may not seem like a difference but there is. Interested to see if anyone can find it.

• Brohoof 1

Interesting thought with all the discussion over Cadence. Who said that she has mind control? What if it's heart control? Yeah, yeah, I know it is sacchrine but bear with me

If all creatures have a heart and a little bit of love, for I think that's true  in our world so most definitely in there's then couldn't she control the love of others in their heart and not their mind. It may not seem like a difference but there is. Interested to see if anyone can find it.

I personally see Cadence's ability as being akin to blowing on an ember to start a fire.  She can't make something exist that isn't already there, but can kindle a spark of love and make it take light.

• Brohoof 1